Housing downturn bankrupts borrowers ...

Housing downturn bankrupts borrowers -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 199 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 6, 2007, titled Housing downturn bankrupts borrowers -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The housing boom may seem a distant memory, but experts say the real-estate speculation and "creative" financing it generated are now driving many investors and homeowners into bankruptcy, especially in Central ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
jrs

Melbourne, FL

#190 Aug 25, 2007
Just for the record wrote:
<quoted text>
Such hostility. And I'm not a realitor. The real problem is the developers, as they purchased the land before an indiviudal can and then jack up the price. Seen it happen over and over. Best way to do it is purchase your own land then build on it. Leave the developer out of it.
What you idiots don't understand is that it takes more then twice the total land price to develope people like you land owners only screw everything up! We purchase the land before anyone else can? so now we have fortune tellers working for us people like you make me sick and you are the problem! I don't know how many I hear about land owners thinking like you everything sounds easy until you actually do it most land owners quit and run to us the developer with their tail between their legs begging us to save them!
jrs

Melbourne, FL

#191 Aug 25, 2007
DFC you are probably the dumbest man on here you are a know it all who knows nothing!
Oops

Wausau, WI

#192 Aug 25, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>What you idiots don't understand is that it takes more then twice the total land price to develope people like you land owners only screw everything up! We purchase the land before anyone else can? so now we have fortune tellers working for us people like you make me sick and you are the problem! I don't know how many I hear about land owners thinking like you everything sounds easy until you actually do it most land owners quit and run to us the developer with their tail between their legs begging us to save them!
LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I've never had a problem with building.
jrs

Melbourne, FL

#193 Aug 25, 2007
Oops wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Thanks for the laugh. I've never had a problem with building.
What have you built?
DFC

Clearwater, FL

#194 Aug 25, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>Spoke to soon what makes you say I'm no developer maybe you like everyone else here doesn't get it! sorry for the mistake.
...just make sure you're on time to work this week, jrs...
Oops

Medford, WI

#195 Aug 25, 2007
Single family residences, storage garages, right down to the brick work and landscaping.
Oops

Medford, WI

#196 Aug 25, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>What have you built?
Common practice from where I come from. Developers are not welcome there and the majority of their houses do not sell.(Some have been on the market for over two years.)
jrs

Melbourne, FL

#197 Aug 26, 2007
Oops wrote:
<quoted text>
Common practice from where I come from. Developers are not welcome there and the majority of their houses do not sell.(Some have been on the market for over two years.)
In case you have been living under a rock oh yeah your from a BF town in Wisconsin means you pretty much are houses aren't selling anywhere right now but don't worry we'll be back! and what have you built afraid to answer the question?
jrs

Melbourne, FL

#198 Aug 26, 2007
Like most small businesses you know how to do the work but have no idea how to "organize" the business thats what seperates the men from the boys! Thats why in time you'll be working for us the developer.
Oops

Wausau, WI

#199 Aug 28, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>In case you have been living under a rock oh yeah your from a BF town in Wisconsin means you pretty much are houses aren't selling anywhere right now but don't worry we'll be back! and what have you built afraid to answer the question?
Moron, in answere to your question read read post #195. House are still selling here. Not all of WI, but in the NC area of WI house and land are still selling. Sucks to be you.
Oops

Wausau, WI

#200 Aug 28, 2007
jrs wrote:
Like most small businesses you know how to do the work but have no idea how to "organize" the business thats what seperates the men from the boys! Thats why in time you'll be working for us the developer.
LOL. You have no idea how absurd that statment is. Usually I bail the developer out. But believe what you want. I'm laughing all the way to the bank.
jrs

Melbourne, FL

#202 Sep 1, 2007
So are we!and alot harder then you we are closing a $35,000,000 deal next month and thats 1 deal we have 50 more to go. And explain how is my comment absurd answers please! its typical for a small minded person to only comes up with small minded worthless comments I shut the last guy up give me a chance to do it with you. I explained my reason for people like you now you try and do the same!
jrs

Melbourne, FL

#203 Sep 1, 2007
Oops did you get that name from your friends? after seeing your half wit replies I can see why and houses are selling here? tell me where is here? and how many numbers please! Don't mess with the big boys little man!
jrs

Melbourne, FL

#204 Sep 1, 2007
DFC wrote:
<quoted text>
...just make sure you're on time to work this week, jrs...
I will as long as you make sure your on time for your brain medication!
jrs

Melbourne, FL

#205 Sep 1, 2007
Honestly I use to be like you the small minded Joe but then I grew up. One thing about age and maturity is that you learn about all of the misconceptions in the world like small business there's a reason why my boss who grew up in a small town in Southern Minnesota his father was a garbage man and now runs a multi million dollar development business. Some people have it some don't and the ones that don't are just plain jealious!You are probably better at doing the work I guarentee he is better at running any honest business!
Tamara

Tampa, FL

#206 Sep 1, 2007
jrs wrote:
Honestly I use to be like you the small minded Joe but then I grew up. One thing about age and maturity is that you learn about all of the misconceptions in the world like small business there's a reason why my boss who grew up in a small town in Southern Minnesota his father was a garbage man and now runs a multi million dollar development business. Some people have it some don't and the ones that don't are just plain jealious!You are probably better at doing the work I guarentee he is better at running any honest business!
You seem awful small minded and a braggart to boot. I'm not in the slightest impressed with you or your childish boasting.
oops

Wausau, WI

#207 Sep 1, 2007
jrs wrote:
Oops did you get that name from your friends? after seeing your half wit replies I can see why and houses are selling here? tell me where is here? and how many numbers please! Don't mess with the big boys little man!
Only little man here is you. Only little men need to brag. As far as info, sorry no personal data over the net. It's a safety thing.

Not to mention I'm a grown up who is secure with myself and don't need to brag. Maybe you should try it some time.
oops

Wausau, WI

#208 Sep 1, 2007
jrs wrote:
<quoted text>I will as long as you make sure your on time for your brain medication!
BTW read DFC's post sometime his brain can run rings around yours, little man.
Peria

London, UK

#209 Mar 26, 2014
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/44kQUQ ) too my friends and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,420,440
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Actual Science 61,084
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 11 hr zazz 98,176
News Attention drivers: Waldo's 'speed trap' police ... (Jun '07) 12 hr Road Runner 65
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 15 hr ImaginaryFriend 73,693
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 17 hr Hans 513,481
Review: Global Motorwerks LLC (Aug '13) 20 hr Patislockedup 25

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages