'Culture of corruption' dominated Expressway Authority, grand j...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Consultants and a former chairman of Orlando's toll road agency created a "culture of corruption" where contractors had to make political contributions to keep their lucrative work with the authority, said an ...
Comments
81 - 99 of 99 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Gangstar G

Oviedo, FL

#83 Feb 28, 2009
How long will this paper not hold these politicians accountable.

Lamar is obviously got a cush nest egg golden parachute from Crotty.

Lamar grow some nuts.
Glen

Orlando, FL

#84 Feb 28, 2009
Procurator wrote:
<quoted text>OUC is audited every year. You can read the audit.
I want out of state, independent audits on all State Governments and State Government run entities. This will ensure the politicians keep their pencils away.

These reports are not audits, they are company produced profit and loss statements.
Procurator

Kissimmee, FL

#85 Feb 28, 2009
Glen wrote:
<quoted text>
I want out of state, independent audits on all State Governments and State Government run entities. This will ensure the politicians keep their pencils away.
These reports are not audits, they are company produced profit and loss statements.
Audits at the OUC are conducted by outside auditors and note more than the profit and loss. Most collect dust as very few citizens care to read them. Usually takes two hours of review at a public meeting to go the audit. The audience is deguised
as empty seats.
Revolutionary

Kissimmee, FL

#86 Feb 28, 2009
Obama Cabinet Nominee wrote:
<quoted text>
D*a*m*n The Magic lost to the Pistons? When?
lol
Tom

Orlando, FL

#87 Feb 28, 2009
Lawson Lama is a big part of Central Florida's problem. Being a former police officer he refuses to bring up charges against any crooked or bad cops or any of his friends in government.
Gangstar G wrote:
How long will this paper not hold these politicians accountable.
Lamar is obviously got a cush nest egg golden parachute from Crotty.
Lamar grow some nuts.
MMM

Sanford, FL

#88 Feb 28, 2009
Can you say Guetzloe? The state attorney's office tried to indict him and what happened?

Orlando was and still is a good ole boy network. Everyone is still scratching someone's back. Hopefully one good thing will come from this economic slump we are in -the good ole boys will be bankrupt.
Glen

Orlando, FL

#89 Feb 28, 2009
Procurator wrote:
<quoted text>Audits at the OUC are conducted by outside auditors and note more than the profit and loss. Most collect dust as very few citizens care to read them. Usually takes two hours of review at a public meeting to go the audit. The audience is deguised
as empty seats.
That's a good start, now I will find out who the crooked auditors are.:-)

Thank you!
connecting the dots

Dallas, TX

#90 Mar 1, 2009
The real unspoken about story here is how the U. S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida has sat on the sidelines and taken no affirmative action to investigate the power establishment that dominates the authority and other entities. Lawson Lamar's office is simply not staffed nor are state statues geared for political corruption inquiries. The grand jury report states the obvious. The entity is an ongoing "Culture of Corruption" furthered with your tax dollars. How many scandals does Crotty have to be at the center of before those sworn to protect the public honor their obligation? Expect Crotty to run for Congress as a reformer.[Change your can believe in}. Once there he will fit in quite well with the present "culture of corruption" and "lobbyist lizards". Thank you Mel Martinez for running for an office you never intended to occupy and then giving us this loser by appointment via Jeb Bush. Expect Mel to run or rather become governor by "appointmentt" [see the patern] once Governor Christ realizes he can appoint himself to the Senate seat if Martinez resigns early. Stay tuned!
Procurator

Kissimmee, FL

#91 Mar 1, 2009
connecting the dots wrote:
The real unspoken about story here is how the U. S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida has sat on the sidelines and taken no affirmative action to investigate the power establishment that dominates the authority and other entities. Lawson Lamar's office is simply not staffed nor are state statues geared for political corruption inquiries. The grand jury report states the obvious. The entity is an ongoing "Culture of Corruption" furthered with your tax dollars. How many scandals does Crotty have to be at the center of before those sworn to protect the public honor their obligation? Expect Crotty to run for Congress as a reformer.[Change your can believe in}. Once there he will fit in quite well with the present "culture of corruption" and "lobbyist lizards". Thank you Mel Martinez for running for an office you never intended to occupy and then giving us this loser by appointment via Jeb Bush. Expect Mel to run or rather become governor by "appointmentt" [see the patern] once Governor Christ realizes he can appoint himself to the Senate seat if Martinez resigns early. Stay tuned!
Culture of Corruption ? Being the report did not identify one local,state or federal law that was broken what do your expect the Feds to investigate ?
Gimme A Break

Winter Haven, FL

#92 Mar 2, 2009
How many law firms in Orlando pass the hat at election time for their favored candidates? Do you think it's because they love 'em? There is nothing illegal, corrupt or unethical about Allan Keen hitting up vendors to contribute to candidates or incumbents who like the EA. Why do you think he is in the job? To sabotage teh Agency? Get real.
Procurator

Kissimmee, FL

#93 Mar 2, 2009
Gimme A Break wrote:
How many law firms in Orlando pass the hat at election time for their favored candidates? Do you think it's because they love 'em? There is nothing illegal, corrupt or unethical about Allan Keen hitting up vendors to contribute to candidates or incumbents who like the EA. Why do you think he is in the job? To sabotage teh Agency? Get real.
It's called influence peddling and the Grand Jury could not prove it. Misuse of a public
position? Certainly in using common sense but not a violation of any law in Florida.
raise my taxes

Clearwater, FL

#94 Mar 2, 2009
Gimme A Break wrote:
How many law firms in Orlando pass the hat at election time for their favored candidates? Do you think it's because they love 'em? There is nothing illegal, corrupt or unethical about Allan Keen hitting up vendors to contribute to candidates or incumbents who like the EA. Why do you think he is in the job? To sabotage teh Agency? Get real.
Well it's not like vendors, law firms etc. have these extraordinary piles of cash lying around, the money comes from somewhere. Legal or not, the arrangement is improper.
Gimme A Break

Winter Haven, FL

#95 Mar 2, 2009
raise my taxes wrote:
<quoted text>Well it's not like vendors, law firms etc. have these extraordinary piles of cash lying around, the money comes from somewhere. Legal or not, the arrangement is improper.
It depends. If it's legal but you don't want to see it on the front page of the Sentinel then I'd suggest you don't do it. After Guetzloe and Disney tickets this looks bad. By itself, it's not unusual.
Boblando

Brooklyn, NY

#96 Mar 3, 2009
Love to see all of the Dems trying to hide Chapin and Segal from scrutiny by bleating "Crotty, Crotty, Crotty" at the top of their lungs. Oh and by the way, all you Alan Grayson posters - tarring Crotty won't save your guy. Grayon's still a one-termer.
DennisS

United States

#97 Mar 3, 2009
Boblando wrote:
Love to see all of the Dems trying to hide Chapin and Segal from scrutiny by bleating "Crotty, Crotty, Crotty" at the top of their lungs. Oh and by the way, all you Alan Grayson posters - tarring Crotty won't save your guy. Grayon's still a one-termer.
Crotty, seems to be initiating his own tarring.
hypocrisy squared

Winter Haven, FL

#98 Mar 4, 2009
Lamar... isn't he the one who is double dipping his salary in a retirement - rehire loophole, thus fleecing the taxpayers, and speaks in public on the need for ethics in government?? Didn't he also use methods in his recent reelection he had RECENTLY spoken against in an ethics forum? C'mon. Let's not look to him for real action on ethics.
connecting the dots wrote:
The real unspoken about story here is how the U. S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida has sat on the sidelines and taken no affirmative action to investigate the power establishment that dominates the authority and other entities. Lawson Lamar's office is simply not staffed nor are state statues geared for political corruption inquiries. The grand jury report states the obvious. The entity is an ongoing "Culture of Corruption" furthered with your tax dollars. How many scandals does Crotty have to be at the center of before those sworn to protect the public honor their obligation? Expect Crotty to run for Congress as a reformer.[Change your can believe in}. Once there he will fit in quite well with the present "culture of corruption" and "lobbyist lizards". Thank you Mel Martinez for running for an office you never intended to occupy and then giving us this loser by appointment via Jeb Bush. Expect Mel to run or rather become governor by "appointmentt" [see the patern] once Governor Christ realizes he can appoint himself to the Senate seat if Martinez resigns early. Stay tuned!
Dan the man

Orlando, FL

#99 Mar 4, 2009
Lamar fleeces the taxpayer by ignoring bad cops and bad politicians.
hypocrisy squared wrote:
Lamar... isn't he the one who is double dipping his salary in a retirement - rehire loophole, thus fleecing the taxpayers, and speaks in public on the need for ethics in government?? Didn't he also use methods in his recent reelection he had RECENTLY spoken against in an ethics forum? C'mon. Let's not look to him for real action on ethics.
<quoted text>
hypocrisy squared

Winter Haven, FL

#100 Mar 5, 2009
I don't think I'd go that far, but I would not listen to his sanctimony on ethics.
Dan the man wrote:
Lamar fleeces the taxpayer by ignoring bad cops and bad politicians.<quoted text>
Marvin Foster

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#102 Feb 8, 2014
I have tried to report abuse of power and abuse of state resources but of course no one wants to listen. And all I got for my efforts was to be terminated from my position as a toll collector with 19 years of service. My entire reason for being terminated was due to the fact that Milissa Burger and Andrew Clayton could not silence me in my attempts to report those actions. Just one example was when Ms. Burger, knowing that automation in the entry system was being installed, allowed a build up of the old toll tickets that had to be destroyed ( and paid to destroy at the dump site at $48.00 a ton) and the tickets to be destroyed at approximately $100,000.00. No problem for her though, it was just toll patron dollars being wasted.

The Deputy Director of Tolls, Milissa Burger is in charge of contract compliance between the DOT and Faneuil, Inc., the outsourced company in charge of employees that work for tolls, and Andrew Clayton, VP for Faneuil, Inc. in my opinion has violated almost every item in the contract that relates to the employees working in tolls. I have a copy of the contract which I have read and it has almost no resemblance to what Milissa allows Faneuils Andrew to get away with but there seems to be no person, with the intelligence to dissect and understand the terms of the contract, willing to take this task on so because of this Milissa goes about doing what she wants to do in allowing Faneuil executives to cheat the toll employees out of wages and benefits for which they are entitled according to the contract.

But Milissa and Andrew Clayton did a snow job on the investigator of the CIG's office, who told me in person that in all of his years of investigations, he had NEVER investigated and official contract and as the so called investigation proceeded it became quite apparent that he had no clue as to the terms of the contract and he just simply believed everything that Milissa and Andrew Clayton told him.

Anyone who has any knowledge of a contract and it's legal implications and done a proper investigation would know that they had just gotten a snow job and what he was told couldn't have been further from the truth. It was simply a cover up and pushed under the rug and hoped to be forgotten. But the untrained investigator just sucked up the BS that they fed him and Milissa was still under oath.

Speaking of salaries, Milissa Burger's salary is a whoping $102,372.66 plus benefits including retirement benefits annually. Absolutely ridiculous and toll collectors that collect the money that she gets paid make approximately $17,000.00 a year.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min No Surprize 1,099,918
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 37 min Patriot 46,297
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 38 min Murphey_Law 486,541
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 3 hr janeschinhair 17,625
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 3 hr Lon Spector 29
What life is like for Casey Anthony 4 hr Lon Spector 191
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 4 hr Sur 13 Beat 2,959
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••