'Culture of corruption' dominated Expressway Authority, grand j...

Consultants and a former chairman of Orlando's toll road agency created a "culture of corruption" where contractors had to make political contributions to keep their lucrative work with the authority, said an ... Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Orlando Mis Managed

Kissimmee, FL

#1 Feb 27, 2009
Heck, Lawson has never found a powerful politician to have ever done anything illegal.

What a BUDDY
David Pace

Lake Mary, FL

#2 Feb 27, 2009
Yes we must raise the tolls for those working bastards.
That's the only way we can keep the contributions rolling
in for the politicians.

People say we continuity in government, we have to keep the
people who know how things are done.

This is an example of how it's done.

VOTE OUT EVERY INCUMBENT
PkD

Orlando, FL

#3 Feb 27, 2009
Quote: "There was never any pay to play going on at the authority," Crotty said. "As it relates to my campaign, it was quite the opposite."

What on earth does this mean? Did they pay to not play?
Lawson the bad

AOL

#4 Feb 27, 2009
Lawson is up to his ears with these guys.
No wonder nothing but worthless paper.
Hand-out Henry

Orlando, FL

#5 Feb 27, 2009
I feel much better knowing that no crime was committed.
DEATH PENALTY

Oviedo, FL

#6 Feb 27, 2009
CROTTY = CROOK
Michael Newcomb

Lakeland, FL

#7 Feb 27, 2009
Salaries down at the OOCEA...

Michael Snyder, P.E.- Executive Director -$246,603.24
Glenn Holloway - Inernal Audit Director -$117,300.00
Laura Kelley - Deputy Executive Director, Finance, Administration, Planning -$170,332.39
Lindsay Hodges - Manager of Public Relations & Communications -$92,700.00
Joseph Passiatore - General Counsel -$187,975.00
Joseph Berenis, P.E.- Deputy Executive Director Engineering & Operations -$193,043.37
Claude Miller - Director of Procurement -$100,000.00
Joan Chizlett - Director of Information Technology -$124,910.42
Nita Crowder - CPA, CIA, CPFO, CGFO Chief Financial Officer -$147,621.40
Jacqueline Barr - Director of Business Development -$122,504.07
David Wynne - Manager of Toll Operations -$106,605.00
Ben Dreiling, P.E.- Director of Construction -$150,689.00
Rod Stroupe - Manager of Maintenance -$106,605.00
L.A. Griffin - Manager of Expressway Operations -$107,635.00
sad to say

Apopka, FL

#8 Feb 27, 2009
Pay to Play, Culture of Corruption, if you add tax evasion, they would qualify to be Obama staff members.
hmmm

Palm Coast, FL

#9 Feb 27, 2009
if a "culture of corruption" is not illegal then what exactly does it take ffs? pathetic. they release this the day after the expressway makes a money grab? wtf? do they think everyone is blind, deaf, and dumb? if LLL doesn't step up and do something about this it is time for Governor Charlie Twinkle to do something (ya, I know this is unlikely but what the heck we are near Disney so why not live a life of fantasy)
morris

AOL

#10 Feb 27, 2009
jail time
jupiter

Orlando, FL

#11 Feb 27, 2009
Michael Newcomb wrote:
Salaries down at the OOCEA...
Michael Snyder, P.E.- Executive Director -$246,603.24
Glenn Holloway - Inernal Audit Director -$117,300.00
Laura Kelley - Deputy Executive Director, Finance, Administration, Planning -$170,332.39
Lindsay Hodges - Manager of Public Relations & Communications -$92,700.00
Joseph Passiatore - General Counsel -$187,975.00
Joseph Berenis, P.E.- Deputy Executive Director Engineering & Operations -$193,043.37
Claude Miller - Director of Procurement -$100,000.00
Joan Chizlett - Director of Information Technology -$124,910.42
Nita Crowder - CPA, CIA, CPFO, CGFO Chief Financial Officer -$147,621.40
Jacqueline Barr - Director of Business Development -$122,504.07
David Wynne - Manager of Toll Operations -$106,605.00
Ben Dreiling, P.E.- Director of Construction -$150,689.00
Rod Stroupe - Manager of Maintenance -$106,605.00
L.A. Griffin - Manager of Expressway Operations -$107,635.00
Don't these salaries seem a little high for the position/skills of the person?
lol

Kissimmee, FL

#12 Feb 27, 2009
crotty is a scum, just like his buddy kevin beary.
any surprises here

AOL

#13 Feb 27, 2009
Any surprises here?
of course not.
lol

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Feb 27, 2009
state attorney lawson lamar is a low life too. lawson "lawless" lamar protected kevin beary and rich crotty from lawful prosecution for years. he should be sent off to prison too.
Disgusted

Orlando, FL

#15 Feb 27, 2009
What a nice story to follow their announcement of a 25 cent toll hike. I will be one of the thousands of commuters who will find alternate routes around town. These blood-sucking parasites have taken enough of my hard-earned money!
Jonathon

Melbourne, FL

#16 Feb 27, 2009
Amazing! This slimeballl and his buddy Rich Rotten have been proven to be corrupt and yet, Crotty,'had no idea' how the 65,000 was raised? This guy needs to be ousted from office.
If we, as voters, can't see how unethical, arrogant, and corrupt he is, we deserve him.
Disgusted

Orlando, FL

#17 Feb 27, 2009
David Pace wrote:
Yes we must raise the tolls for those working bastards.
That's the only way we can keep the contributions rolling
in for the politicians.
People say we continuity in government, we have to keep the
people who know how things are done.
This is an example of how it's done.
VOTE OUT EVERY INCUMBENT
The only problem with that as far as OOCEA is concerned is that none of the chairmen on the board are publicly elected officials, yet they have the power to basically raise taxes (tolls are the same as taxes).
Seth

Melbourne, FL

#18 Feb 27, 2009
hmmm wrote:
if a "culture of corruption" is not illegal then what exactly does it take ffs? pathetic. they release this the day after the expressway makes a money grab? wtf? do they think everyone is blind, deaf, and dumb? if LLL doesn't step up and do something about this it is time for Governor Charlie Twinkle to do something (ya, I know this is unlikely but what the heck we are near Disney so why not live a life of fantasy)
Here's the deal. If you worked for the County as an hourly or mid level salaried employee and took so much as a pencil home, you'd be charged and convicted of theft...and fired.
If you're the county mayor and you and your rich buddy, force contractors to "pay to play", it's merely an appearance of being unethical. It doesn't hurt to have Lamar, a few people on a grand jury, and a judge or two, on your secret payroll.
Answers

Orlando, FL

#19 Feb 27, 2009
And this surprises any of us how???? However the best measure I can suggest is stop using their toll roads...it's going to screw alot of us over, but why continue to pay for insane mismanagement. They are going to continue to bleed to working poor out of every dollar they can get. Do tolerate, do use their roads...the only way these morons understand anything...is if you hit them in the wallet. Then they can raise tolls all they want...no one will be paying them anyway
Littletommy

Sanford, FL

#20 Feb 27, 2009
jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't these salaries seem a little high for the position/skills of the person?
I can tell you with some authority that many of these salaries are extremely inflated.

But, if you question it, you will get the standard 'you have to pay more to attract and keep the brightest' statement!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 min LizW 490,366
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 14 min LizW 70,625
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 30 min RealDave 1,156,647
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 41 min LizW 17,713
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 44 min Anne 96,725
The alphabet (Jun '06) 8 hr Princess Hey 1,163
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Mothra 49,376
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:41 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:41PM
Saints vs. Buccaneers: Full Report Card Grades for Tampa Bay
Yahoo! Sports 3:46 PM
Bittersweet feelings for 'sack master' Watt
Bleacher Report 4:02 PM
Grading Houston's Positional Units in Week 17
NBC Sports 4:21 PM
Jaguars overpowered by Watt, Texans in 23-17 loss - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:25 PM
Who Should Bucs Draft No. 1 Overall?