Broward judge dies: Daniel Futch, longtime Broward judge, dies ...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Circuit Judge M. Daniel Futch, Jr. after he announced his retirement. Futch stands in the chambers of his office in Broward County Courthouse.
Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
An Old Cop

Titusville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

May God have mercy on his soul. Judge Futch was a great judge, respected by all who had dealings with him. I have some great memories of him. May he rest in peace.
mee

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

good judge is a dead one

Since: Aug 07

Hollywood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

mee wrote:
good judge is a dead one
Spoken by a typical New Yorker. Does your butt hurt from jail?
Lee Conn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

Judge Futch was part of the old Broward good ole boy network. A few like Ross, Birken, Goldenberg,Carney, Luzzo and Gardiner, eminate from the same tree. However, slowly but surely they are retiring, Stanton Kaplan and the low rent Barry Goldstein are examples of this. The legal community is better off today than it was a few days ago!

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Lee Conn wrote:
Judge Futch was part of the old Broward good ole boy network. A few like Ross, Birken, Goldenberg,Carney, Luzzo and Gardiner, eminate from the same tree. However, slowly but surely they are retiring, Stanton Kaplan and the low rent Barry Goldstein are examples of this. The legal community is better off today than it was a few days ago!
Did you actually know Dan,or are you just talking out of your ass? I knew the man personally. He was a tremendous person.

Since: Aug 07

Hollywood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2009

Lee Conn wrote:
Better off in what way? You must not know or understand how to spot the power structure in Florida. BTW- the only one of the judges you singled out who served in Futch's prime was Kaplan.
billy the kid

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

I knew him, he sentenced me and I hope there is an after life so he can face me again.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

billy the kid wrote:
I knew him, he sentenced me and I hope there is an after life so he can face me again.
It's good to see that you figured out how to use Google. I'm surprised that you were able to express yourself in under 15,000 words........If there is an afterlife, I highly doubt that you and Dan will be in the same place anyway. The good Lord would want a man like Dan to have his reward of peace and joy, in light of the fact that he was such a victims advocate and all around good man. Meanwhile, there is roasting in your future.
Nothing but the truth

Temple Hills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2011

The way I heard it, Judgr Futch was a good ol' boy and a homophobic who once questioned a prosecutor whether beating and killing a gay man was illegal. See hate crimes in wikipedia if you don't believe me.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Our justice system is in enough trouble, I hate to see it when we lose a good judge. RIP

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Nothing but the truth wrote:
The way I heard it, Judgr Futch was a good ol' boy and a homophobic who once questioned a prosecutor whether beating and killing a gay man was illegal. See hate crimes in wikipedia if you don't believe me.
Homophobe?! Bull. I can assure you that he had several homosexual friends.
Turdville

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2012

good Ridance!

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Turdville wrote:
good Ridance!
You were convicted, huh?
Julie

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2013

longtimeago wrote:
This is sad news. I remember the Judge from when I played baseball with his son's. He was a different person outside the courtroom, but always teaching us kids and always firm and fair in a loving manner. He will be missed.
You've got to be joking! Is he the judge that sentenced two innocent people to death row!!!

Overturning decisions - he won't be in heaven

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr XYZ 1,083,049
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 484,329
Does Mickey Perform Oral On Goofy Or Donald At... 3 hr TheHeadMouse 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Subliminal 45,866
What life is like for Casey Anthony 8 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 54
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 9 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 164
Low pay drives Florida Highway Patrol troopers ... (Aug '07) 10 hr not so 231
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••