Broward judge dies: Daniel Futch, lon...

Broward judge dies: Daniel Futch, longtime Broward judge, dies ...

There are 34 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Broward judge dies: Daniel Futch, longtime Broward judge, dies .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Circuit Judge M. Daniel Futch, Jr. after he announced his retirement. Futch stands in the chambers of his office in Broward County Courthouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
An Old Cop

Titusville, FL

#23 Apr 14, 2009
May God have mercy on his soul. Judge Futch was a great judge, respected by all who had dealings with him. I have some great memories of him. May he rest in peace.
mee

New York, NY

#24 Apr 14, 2009
good judge is a dead one

Since: Aug 07

Hollywood

#25 Apr 15, 2009
mee wrote:
good judge is a dead one
Spoken by a typical New Yorker. Does your butt hurt from jail?
Lee Conn

West Palm Beach, FL

#26 Apr 15, 2009
Judge Futch was part of the old Broward good ole boy network. A few like Ross, Birken, Goldenberg,Carney, Luzzo and Gardiner, eminate from the same tree. However, slowly but surely they are retiring, Stanton Kaplan and the low rent Barry Goldstein are examples of this. The legal community is better off today than it was a few days ago!

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

#27 Apr 16, 2009
Lee Conn wrote:
Judge Futch was part of the old Broward good ole boy network. A few like Ross, Birken, Goldenberg,Carney, Luzzo and Gardiner, eminate from the same tree. However, slowly but surely they are retiring, Stanton Kaplan and the low rent Barry Goldstein are examples of this. The legal community is better off today than it was a few days ago!
Did you actually know Dan,or are you just talking out of your ass? I knew the man personally. He was a tremendous person.

Since: Aug 07

Hollywood

#28 Apr 16, 2009
Lee Conn wrote:
Better off in what way? You must not know or understand how to spot the power structure in Florida. BTW- the only one of the judges you singled out who served in Futch's prime was Kaplan.
billy the kid

Houston, TX

#29 May 15, 2010
I knew him, he sentenced me and I hope there is an after life so he can face me again.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#30 May 17, 2010
billy the kid wrote:
I knew him, he sentenced me and I hope there is an after life so he can face me again.
It's good to see that you figured out how to use Google. I'm surprised that you were able to express yourself in under 15,000 words........If there is an afterlife, I highly doubt that you and Dan will be in the same place anyway. The good Lord would want a man like Dan to have his reward of peace and joy, in light of the fact that he was such a victims advocate and all around good man. Meanwhile, there is roasting in your future.
Nothing but the truth

Mount Airy, MD

#31 Sep 6, 2011
The way I heard it, Judgr Futch was a good ol' boy and a homophobic who once questioned a prosecutor whether beating and killing a gay man was illegal. See hate crimes in wikipedia if you don't believe me.

“If life gives you melons”

Since: Nov 06

You might be dyslexic

#32 Sep 7, 2011
Our justice system is in enough trouble, I hate to see it when we lose a good judge. RIP

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#33 Sep 7, 2011
Nothing but the truth wrote:
The way I heard it, Judgr Futch was a good ol' boy and a homophobic who once questioned a prosecutor whether beating and killing a gay man was illegal. See hate crimes in wikipedia if you don't believe me.
Homophobe?! Bull. I can assure you that he had several homosexual friends.
Turdville

United States

#34 Mar 11, 2012
good Ridance!

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

#35 Mar 12, 2012
Turdville wrote:
good Ridance!
You were convicted, huh?
Julie

Nottingham, UK

#36 Jul 1, 2013
longtimeago wrote:
This is sad news. I remember the Judge from when I played baseball with his son's. He was a different person outside the courtroom, but always teaching us kids and always firm and fair in a loving manner. He will be missed.
You've got to be joking! Is he the judge that sentenced two innocent people to death row!!!

Overturning decisions - he won't be in heaven

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 53,991
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,251,797
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 2 hr Princess Hey 9,367
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 12,166
One Word (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 2,156
Change one letter game (Sep '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 2,811
two words (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 27,313
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr Joy 500,154
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages