Broward judge dies: Daniel Futch, longtime Broward judge, dies ...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Circuit Judge M. Daniel Futch, Jr. after he announced his retirement. Futch stands in the chambers of his office in Broward County Courthouse.
Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JACKAL

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

RIP Maximum Dan...
Balynda

Deerfield Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

AND...Why does the sun-sentinal write stories about a Judge that passed away...Honestly that does not fit NEWSWORTHY.

There are so many more stories that are more importent.. You all are getting lax or doing a very bad job at keeping the online site interesting.
retiredcop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Balynda wrote:
AND...Why does the sun-sentinal write stories about a Judge that passed away...Honestly that does not fit NEWSWORTHY.
There are so many more stories that are more importent.. You all are getting lax or doing a very bad job at keeping the online site interesting.
That is only because you didn't know him. As a cop he pissed me off, but I did respect him. He was a former cop but never playeed favorites.He was a good man and deserves recognition. maybe the story about the pit bull attacking another dog could take a backseat for a minute while we reminisce about Dan, he was very unique and a throwback. RIP, Dan....
longtimeago

Casselberry, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

This is sad news. I remember the Judge from when I played baseball with his son's. He was a different person outside the courtroom, but always teaching us kids and always firm and fair in a loving manner. He will be missed.
Broward Counsel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Balynda wrote:
This post shows your ignorance regarding the history of this area. Judge Futch is an embodiment of what made Broward and Fort Lauderdale a good place to live in the past while at the same time sometimes demonstrating the not so good elements of he past. Still, the man attempted to be fair and that's more than can be said for many of the 'jurists' of today.
Crime Dog

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

When the bad guys went in from of him they said, "Oh Futch"
Grin Reaper

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

ways wrote:
a pompous a ss.deserve to die.
Get an English teacher, will you.
Sometimes "old school" is the best school. He was an interesting guy.
Hey moron

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Balynda wrote:
The best of Broward passes away I want to know. RIP Judge, he leaves behind an honorable son Lee. I have only spoke to Lee ten times but I have watch his career, your just like your old man. We need more Futch on the bench. We send our condolences to the friends and family.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

Since: Apr 07

But now I take antidepressants

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

ways wrote:
a pompous a ss.deserve to die.
So,what did he sentence you for?

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

I knew Dan pretty well from a social club that we were both members of. Dan was a tremendous man who truly cared about the victims of crime.He will be missed.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Hey moron wrote:
<quoted text>The best of Broward passes away I want to know. RIP Judge, he leaves behind an honorable son Lee. I have only spoke to Lee ten times but I have watch his career, your just like your old man. We need more Futch on the bench. We send our condolences to the friends and family.
His daughter was a wonderful person too.
Obama bin Biden

Stuart, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Judge Futch was one of the last of the Mohicans. Broward's judicial system has been on a downward spiral since judges like him started to retire.
Scoz baggs

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

What the Futch?????
MerecedesToo

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Judge,
I will truly miss you. Your were part of the old school, and It was they that kept this country together. You were too young to go, but God Bless you. I will always remember you and the lessons you taught others.
MerecedesToo

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Billy R wrote:
<quoted text>His daughter was a wonderful person too.
Lynn, was a great lady! What is it they say.......the good die young!
COPS

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

MerecedesToo wrote:
Judge,
I will truly miss you. Your were part of the old school, and It was they that kept this country together. You were too young to go, but God Bless you. I will always remember you and the lessons you taught others.
He is very much missed, RIP Judge.

“I was a Grim Reaper”

Level 8

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

MerecedesToo wrote:
<quoted text> Lynn, was a great lady! What is it they say.......the good die young!
Sometimes,that saying is only too accurate. Regrettably,this is one of those times.
Scoz baggs

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

He was a Futch packer!

Since: Aug 07

Hollywood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

I knew Judge Futch well during his days on the bench. Rest In Peace Your Honor.
Joe Lunchbox Lawyer

Port Orange, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

Godspeed Maximum Dan...you're going be missed. I've enjoyed presenting cases before you. You always kept me on my toes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••