Orlando police searching for rape suspect

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

Orlando police are searching for a man who raped a woman this morning then took off with her car.
Comments
1 - 20 of 66 Comments Last updated May 11, 2007
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Rob

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

I am so tired of reading stories like this one. It's an absolute SHAME that our elderly (or anyone, for that matter) have to live in fear of being attacked in their own home. The same thing happened in Michigan last summer. An elderly couple were visiting their daughter at her home just north of Lansing when they were murdered in the middle of the night - for NO APPARENT REASON. What's wrong with our society these days?! It's bad enough that this type of thing happens in the first place, but the worst part of the whole situation is that our legal and justice system is FAR too lenient on violent criminals. It's so sad that it's actually going to take a lot more than what we're seeing cureently to force any type of change in the penalties for people who commit these heinous acts. I say "an eye for an eye"! How else are we going to deter people from doing these things? Obviously "Club Fed" isn't very scary anymore....
delaney park

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

This was in Delaney Park... someone please give us a description of the suspect so the neighborhood can be more informed!
ADM

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Ladies, when are you going to stop being afraid and purchase a handgun? get a concealed weapons permit!
Whatever
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Rob wrote:
I am so tired of reading stories like this one. It's an absolute SHAME that our elderly (or anyone, for that matter) have to live in fear of being attacked in their own home. The same thing happened in Michigan last summer. An elderly couple were visiting their daughter at her home just north of Lansing when they were murdered in the middle of the night - for NO APPARENT REASON. What's wrong with our society these days?! It's bad enough that this type of thing happens in the first place, but the worst part of the whole situation is that our legal and justice system is FAR too lenient on violent criminals. It's so sad that it's actually going to take a lot more than what we're seeing cureently to force any type of change in the penalties for people who commit these heinous acts. I say "an eye for an eye"! How else are we going to deter people from doing these things? Obviously "Club Fed" isn't very scary anymore....
The police get them and the system lets them out and when the policies change to be very strong armed police, the liberals whine and call the ACLU..ROFL! And we wonder why our society isn't scared of jail, they have the ACLU and bleeding hearts to help them out...losers! OBEY THE LAW STUPID PEOPLE and you wont run into them, and LOSE THE ATTITUDE YOU DUMB ACLU LOVING LIBERALS! IF you are resisting arrest or cocking an attitude, you SHOULD have your butt slammed!
Orlando
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

ACLU stinks and so do the followers that look for anything to cause problems. ACLU and these leftist wingnut liberals are what is causing crime! Antiauthority antimoral treehugging idiots using everything but personal responsibility! Always going against the flow of the majority stirring up problems. Most of us can't stand any of you, and btw, you look stupid on TV!
zak

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

True. The only new station is Fox. They will give out information on what the suspect looks like. The others just say male about 6 feet. Now that really cover a lot of people.
What is wrong with H.W.and race and clothing?
That would not be P C ,I guess,but its the facts.
AvalonParkMom
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

ADM wrote:
Ladies, when are you going to stop being afraid and purchase a handgun? get a concealed weapons permit!
We have one, and we will use it! I also have a stun gun by my bed. Also, double check your windows and doors at night and use your alarm if you have one! If my husband isn't home and something goes wrong, I am ready! We also have a doberman!
AvalonParkMom
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text> The police get them and the system lets them out and when the policies change to be very strong armed police, the liberals whine and call the ACLU..ROFL! And we wonder why our society isn't scared of jail, they have the ACLU and bleeding hearts to help them out...losers! OBEY THE LAW STUPID PEOPLE and you wont run into them, and LOSE THE ATTITUDE YOU DUMB ACLU LOVING LIBERALS! IF you are resisting arrest or cocking an attitude, you SHOULD have your butt slammed!
ACLU- what a bunch of loons!
Orlando

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Rob wrote:
It's an absolute SHAME that our elderly (or anyone, for that matter) have to live in fear of being attacked in their own home.
Wake up. 51 hasn't been "elderly" in a very long time.
GIVE SOME MORE FACTS

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

This dingdong reporter should have named the area where the car was ditched. Saying only that the car was ditched four miles from the crime scene means it could have been anywhere in 16 square mile perimeter. It could have been Winter Park or Edgewood or Pine Hills or Goldenrod. I live about four miles from that area, wish I knew if I should be on the lookout. But for who? We don't have even a basic description. Will the police not give out the clues when they have them? If they don't well then that is an even bigger story.

“Go Knights!”

Since: Mar 07

Philly/NYC burbs...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Always have a nail-studded bat by your bed...

“Go Knights!”

Since: Mar 07

Philly/NYC burbs...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Orlando wrote:
<quoted text>
Wake up. 51 hasn't been "elderly" in a very long time.
Yeah...50 is the new 30.
Coworker

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

This person Is a coworker of mine.
Please show a little bit more of respect for her!
We are with you! Hang on!
More privacy please

Tallahassee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Giving the victim's age, occupation and area of residence certainly defeats the normal practice of protecting her privacy. When she doesn't come in to work today, it's a cinch that her colleagues (and probably some students) will figure out that she is the victim.
Aint it Great

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

Hope they grab this MUTT - low life -love to have about 5 minutes alone with him & my .45cal - start at the knee caps & work my way up
moving to Orlando Nah

Carlstadt, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

WOW... I can't believe what is going on in Orlando. It was my favorite place to retire. I guess I will be suffering the cold weather of New Jersey forever....and I though that NJ was bad, is the same everywhere these days.
What a shame!
Orlando Pagan

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

It is a shame that with all the women in the world a man has to attack and rob a woman to be self gratified. These are the lowest type of human beings that show no mercy on who their victims may be.
I hope that this creep gets arrested, convicted and place in prison for life. This person has no consideration for human life, so he should be treated the same and let him suffer like this lady had to endure.
reader

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

The ACLU aren't the ones who let them out of jail, we have to because of overcrowding. We could build more jail space ... but then we'd actually have to pay our fair share in taxes. But of course that isn't an option in I-want-my-taxes-as-low-as-poss ible Florida.
Mlle

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

I live on East Jersey and am so beside myself. Our neigborhood does everything right. We have block captains for every street and open lines of communication between everyone to report any suspicious activity. There is even a police officer who lives on that street too!
Mike

Lake Helen, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2007

the jails are filled with pot smokers, so there is no room for real violent criminals. That is not the ACLU's fault.

Change the priority of criminal justice and personal freedom and the system may work a little better. Cops, prisons, courts, corporate tobbaco & booze all depend on the war on drugs to stay in business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min THE DEVIL 1,081,628
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr The Real Missyfit 484,215
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 3 hr The Real Missyfit 17,567
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 4 hr Princess Hey 4,120
The alphabet (Jun '06) 4 hr Princess Hey 1,027
Deputy Keith Rogers And Walt Disney Framed Me F... 5 hr DeathToTraitors 1
We Should Hang All Crooked Cops And Crooked Pol... 5 hr DeathToTraitors 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000