poems i like / history of poets /comments from aroujnd the world..

Posted in the Orlando Forum

MADDY

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Oct 16, 2013
Just a thought that this thread may help supplement the Fave Scary Movie Thread once it slows down...

I belong to a 'Worldwide Conversation' site but they are 8/12 ahead of me- Despite this fact we still have very interesting non hate filled comments - I have to wait til later hours to submit a comment.

Hopefully this thread will NOT attract the deviant Trolls .

To begin .... This to me sends shivers up my spine.....

'The Listeners'
By Walter De La Mare 1873–1956 Walter De La Mare

‘Is there anybody there?’ said the Traveller,
Knocking on the moonlit door;
And his horse in the silence champed the grasses
Of the forest’s ferny floor:

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/177007

Spooky Indeed

MADDY

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Oct 16, 2013
AAHHH MY fave from Dyl.. Tho have to admit I have no idea wtf he prating on about at times - Due to the fact that he took to many wee swallies of the Ginny and Bushys. Still I do love 'A Childs Christmas In Wales' LOL think he must have written that during the several moments of sobriety.

Anyone like Wordswoth ???
MADDY

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Oct 16, 2013
IS this not a lesson we all may learn to handle some of the unexpected obstacles that may crop up in our daily routine ????

"If at first you don't succeed - try, try again"

So many brave stalwart people such as Rabbi Burns set the precedent for the freedom we Americans should cherish. Thank gawd that the conversation 'twixt Rabbie & the
Wee Spider was not considered Politically Incorrect - EH ??

The legend of Bruce and spider is world famous.

It is said that in the early days of Bruce’s reign he was defeated by the English and driven into exile. He was on the run - a hunted man. He sought refuge in a small dark cave and sat and watched a little spider trying to make a web.

Time and time again the spider would fall and then climb slowly back up to try again.

Finally, as the Bruce looked on, the spider managed to stick a strand of silk to the cave wall and began to weave a web. Robert the Bruce was inspired by the spider and went on to defeat the English at the Battle of Bannockburn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Earthling-1 52,856
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 hr Lily Boca Raton Fl 1,220,137
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr Mary NY 496,313
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 17,681
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 12,425
News "In This Place, Everybody Is Hopeless," Says Pr... (Oct '11) 8 hr pinky160 12
News Central Florida needs to break the obesity cycle (Jul '13) 9 hr HELL ON EARTH 166
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 10 hr A duck 18,087
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]