Rein in your urge to splurge this season

Rein in your urge to splurge this season

There are 5 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Nov 14, 2007, titled Rein in your urge to splurge this season. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The price of groceries is on track for its highest annual increase in 17 years. The cost of gas shot up about 30 cents in the past two months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

“You Asked For It”

Since: Nov 07

Rossevelt Roads Naval Base

#1 Nov 14, 2007
Wow!

See, Beth; you're getting there! good report!

And for what is worth it should have been in page 1.
People need to know this, It affects us all. I also believe this Christmas will be a historically low one,,, I hope I am wrong!

Hope you still aren't mad at me!

“You Asked For It”

Since: Nov 07

Rossevelt Roads Naval Base

#2 Nov 14, 2007
I can't believe no one has had a comment in more than 9 hours!
Shows had bad of we are, when a good article goes unnoticed! I guess you need to write about Britney, Dance with Stars! or IKEA...Sorry it is Sad!
Britt

Oldsmar, FL

#3 Nov 15, 2007
I agree. It is a good article. I plan on spending as little money as possible this year and most of my family and friends are planning the same thing. I am so broke right now and I do not intend to stay this way--so, I am just saying "no" to the urge to "charge it"...my sanity is far more important than one or two extra presents under the tree--for myself or others
Donna Atlanta GA

Atlanta, GA

#4 Nov 15, 2007
I also plan on spending very little during the holidays this year. There's no joy in Christmas when one has to worry about the price of food, gasoline, and all the other necessities.

Maybe if the retailers start losing ground someone in Washington will wake up and realize the economy isn't as great as they want us to believe.
Marylin

London, UK

#5 Mar 26, 2014
This is the first time I had ever applied for a loan. I couldn't have asked for anything more from the staff that answered any of my questions to the application process. Once this had all been completed the money was transferred quickly into my account. I will definitely be recommending 911PDAY .COM ( http://goo.gl/EvYZBe ) too my friends and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RealDave 1,233,843
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 15 min T-REX 498,140
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Earthling-1 53,486
does liz w deserve sainthood ? 35 min Murphey_Law 7
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 1 hr Murph 71,866
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 17,851
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 12,578
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 4 hr Wiley_Kyote 18,149
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]