Man beaten to death in front of his s...

Man beaten to death in front of his sons -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 31 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 14, 2007, titled Man beaten to death in front of his sons -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A Bushnell man was killed Sunday evening in front of his children during a fight at Withlacoochee State Forest, Sumter County sheriff's officials said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hilton Head

Apopka, FL

#23 Aug 16, 2007
mike wrote:
To Hilton Head before you put your opion in know the facts. I was there I saw it from beginning to end there wasn't nothing anybody could do even the kid. one hit it was done me and my friends pulled him off. i almost had to fight myself and wish i could have got a shot at him but it wasn't our fight we didn't know if he had a gun or not i would like to see what you would do in the situation.
Unfortunately to many people stand idly by until after the fact. If it was over with the first punch then why was the guy on top of him pummeling him while his son was trying to pull him off.
KDS

Tampa, FL

#24 Aug 16, 2007
Nowhere in the article does it say how long the fight lasted. It says only "The 13-year-old tried to pull Paz off his father." There is not enough information to even speculate seconds or minutes - or particularly if the first blow alone was deadly. You were not there - Mike was. Pulling the attacker off, giving comfort and aid with his friends as much as possible until the police arrived. Reporters gives the FACTS as best given to them by witnesses who were clearly traumatized by this tragedy. Yes, unfortunately, too many times people do stand idly by - or judge from their computer monitors - but this wasn't one of those times. My prayers go out to ALL those affected by this senseless loss - the families, friends and witnesses.
heartwrenched mom

Chicago, IL

#25 Aug 16, 2007
KDS wrote:
Nowhere in the article does it say how long the fight lasted. It says only "The 13-year-old tried to pull Paz off his father." There is not enough information to even speculate seconds or minutes - or particularly if the first blow alone was deadly. You were not there - Mike was. Pulling the attacker off, giving comfort and aid with his friends as much as possible until the police arrived. Reporters gives the FACTS as best given to them by witnesses who were clearly traumatized by this tragedy. Yes, unfortunately, too many times people do stand idly by - or judge from their computer monitors - but this wasn't one of those times. My prayers go out to ALL those affected by this senseless loss - the families, friends and witnesses.
Thank you to you and all who understand what I am trying to say. NOONE is condoning anything at all, but there are always those people who think the world is owed their horrendous opinions even though they do not even know of what they speak. When has any newspaper article ever been completely non biased with their words? I raised my sons all the same and none of the others have ever gotten into trouble. He chose to do what he did. Again I can only say to the family that you have my deepest sympathy and my heart is just being ripped out of my chest over this whole thing.
Hilton Head

Apopka, FL

#26 Aug 16, 2007
KDS wrote:
Nowhere in the article does it say how long the fight lasted. It says only "The 13-year-old tried to pull Paz off his father." There is not enough information to even speculate seconds or minutes - or particularly if the first blow alone was deadly. You were not there - Mike was. Pulling the attacker off, giving comfort and aid with his friends as much as possible until the police arrived. Reporters gives the FACTS as best given to them by witnesses who were clearly traumatized by this tragedy. Yes, unfortunately, too many times people do stand idly by - or judge from their computer monitors - but this wasn't one of those times. My prayers go out to ALL those affected by this senseless loss - the families, friends and witnesses.
I guess you didn't read my first post that mike responded to.
heartwrenched mom

United States

#27 Feb 22, 2008
I guess you can all eat your words now. He got off because the man died of heart attack and other complications. Not from my son.
Maxfield

Orlando, FL

#28 Feb 22, 2008
heartwrenched mom wrote:
<quoted text>
you people are all horrible christians. I did not bring him up that way and it is not my responsibilty.
Aha! Typical liberal entitlement mentality claptrap. "I am not responsible." When he was growing up it was probably "I don't give a s---." The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Maxfield

Orlando, FL

#29 Feb 22, 2008
heartwrenched mom wrote:
I guess you can all eat your words now. He got off because the man died of heart attack and other complications. Not from my son.
I won't eat my words except to feel very worried that this POS will just kill someone again and it is a shame he got away with it this time. Still don't take any responsibility eh? Either does he? "He got off." That's your mentality.
heartwrenched mom

United States

#30 Feb 23, 2008
No I don't take responsibility for what a 31 year old man chooses to do. I am a law abiding citizen who has never so much as had a traffic ticket. I was always in PTA, Cub Scouts and participated in everything my children did growing up. He chose the path that none of the rest of his family chose. That surely doesn't make me or his father or brothers responsible. So every time you say something horrible, do something horrible, or behave in an inappropriate way, its your moms fault right?
heartwrenched mom

United States

#31 Feb 23, 2008
And as for when he was growing up you say my attitude was probably who gives a ___. You are so wrong. You know nothing and your ridiculous biased comments prove that. Who died and left you in charge to jump to conclusions? You are a loser. I would never blame you for something your grown child did, unless I was there to witness it being your fault. Remember things have a way of coming back to bite you in the butt. You just better hope that no one in your family ever gets blamed for something they didn't do and hope that someone like you is not on the jury to crucify them and their family. You should walk a mile in someones shoes before you speak. All I know is that I am a good, kind, thoughtful Christian that happens to have 1 child out of 4 who thinks his life should go the way it has. I have no control of his choices. So you are a typical person ready to throw blame out when you know NOTHING! Speculatation doesn't make it so. Grow up! This could be anyones family anywhere. I am not even going to waste time with the likes of you. Your heartless, thoughtless, ignorant attitude speaks for itself. I only answer to the man upstairs. I should blame your mom for the poor unchristian like attitude you are showing me, if I were to believe like you.
Jason

Melbourne, FL

#33 Nov 24, 2008
Hilton Head wrote:
Mr. Gidden's was enjoying a day with his family and friends and only the thirteen year old son tried to help his father. What happened to the wife and friends? How many other people stood by and watched this senseless travesty take place without getting involved. My hat goes off to the thirteen year old son. Any adult friend or family member who was present at the park should be ashamed to even attend Mr. Gidden's funeral. God bless Mr. Gidden's and his sons.
do u have a copy of the story so that Keith Giddens' daughter, Crystal could have it? this is her fiance and i for myself want a copy of the story for her.
Daughter of Giddens

Orlando, FL

#34 Mar 27, 2014
First of all, before any of you assume that you know what happened, atleast get the perspective from someone that actually knows what happened. My father was killed for confronting Paz and telling him to stay away from his wife after he found out his wife was having an affair with Paz. After telling Paz to leave his wife alone, Paz beat my dad to death with a pair of brass knuckles. Maybe Paz was angry that his wife was with a woman beater. Or maybe it was just an outrage of man hood at it's worst. I don't know. But my father had a past that included drug use, domestic violence and child abuse. There's two sides to every coin.

I got a couple things to say about this. First of all, if my father wasn't the abuser that he was, his wife wouldn't have ran off with another man behind my father's back and my father would probably still be alive today. Karma has a way of catching up to people. What goes around comes around. Simple as that. I still love my father just for being my father. But I don't love the man he turned out to be and he was was to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min positronium 1,523,453
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 98,387
News 'Casey Anthony: An American Murder Mystery' rev... 6 hr Murphey_Law 98
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 hr Murphey_Law 513,108
Please read.. Please 12 hr hanging to hope 4
News Oprah Winfrey says she weighs 200 pounds (Dec '08) Thu silly rabbit 1,085
Republican Party of liars, cheats, sex offenders Apr 24 ChildAbuse is Wrong 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages