Man beaten to death in front of his sons -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

A Bushnell man was killed Sunday evening in front of his children during a fight at Withlacoochee State Forest, Sumter County sheriff's officials said Monday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Mar 27, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tietrack

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

If Paz had been killed foe his battery charge in Indiana then his Florida victim would be alive today. Until we start rurhlessly killing violent criminals we will remain the victims.
Orange County Watch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Another repeat offender allowed on the street to commit more crime.

The judge that released him should be held as an accomplice.
Hilton Head

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Mr. Gidden's was enjoying a day with his family and friends and only the thirteen year old son tried to help his father. What happened to the wife and friends? How many other people stood by and watched this senseless travesty take place without getting involved. My hat goes off to the thirteen year old son. Any adult friend or family member who was present at the park should be ashamed to even attend Mr. Gidden's funeral. God bless Mr. Gidden's and his sons.
Chris

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

CCW anybody?

For the ignorant:

Better to bring a gun to a fistfight than your fists......
Deb-doyle resident

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

How sad.
Hang em

Grand Island, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Just another low life to feed for years to come. He wont fightor argue over a woman now. Sorry to the family for having seen this the poor boys will see this the rest of there life's.Very sad
ttt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

Orange County Watch wrote:
Another repeat offender allowed on the street to commit more crime.
The judge that released him should be held as an accomplice.
I totally agree. Judges don't protect us, they're too afraid the guy's friends will come after them if they have the guts to give tough jail sentences.
heartwrenched mom

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

This is my son you are all so willing to throw under the bus without all the facts. I don't in any way agree with what he did, but all the facts aren't in yet. All I know is that my heart is breaking for that woman and her children and some poor mother has lost her son. I too, have now lost my son. Only God can help him now.

erm

“you shouldn't eat paste”

Since: Aug 07

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

heartwrenched mom wrote:
This is my son you are all so willing to throw under the bus without all the facts. I don't in any way agree with what he did, but all the facts aren't in yet. All I know is that my heart is breaking for that woman and her children and some poor mother has lost her son. I too, have now lost my son. Only God can help him now.
Lady, you lost your son a long time ago. I'm sorry you raised an animal, but my real sympathy is for the boys who watched your son brutally kill their father.
heartwrenched mom

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

erm wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady, you lost your son a long time ago. I'm sorry you raised an animal, but my real sympathy is for the boys who watched your son brutally kill their father.
I didn't raise an animal. He is an adult and he chose his path. Don't be brutal to others that cannot control the situation.

erm

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

heartwrenched mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be brutal to others that cannot control the situation.
The same could be said about your son concerning the boys who watched him murder their father. I don't even want to imagine how that is going to affect them for the REST of their lives.
heartwrenched mom

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2007

erm wrote:
<quoted text>
The same could be said about your son concerning the boys who watched him murder their father. I don't even want to imagine how that is going to affect them for the REST of their lives.
And I agree with you about those boys but why are you blaming me? You should know as well as I do, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink it. You should be ashamed of yourself for blaming me because you don't have a clue who I am or what I am about, and you certainly do not know the circumstances of this horror any more than I do. And you also have no idea of the pain and agony I am going through over this. I have felt God has forsaken me. I have prayed for a long time for him to help my son find his way and watch over him, and as we both know, he hasn't. I am not trying in any way to diminish what has happened to those children, but I have lost a son also. He hasn't been in my life for many years and now I will probably never see him again before I die, and his daughter is going through her own trauma over this as well as his brothers are. So please don't blame others for the choice of one person. You certainly wouldn't want to be blamed for something someone in your family did. You have no idea of the pain and heartbreak I am feeling.
Kissimmee Minority

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

heartwrenched mom wrote:
<quoted text>
And I agree with you about those boys but why are you blaming me? You should know as well as I do, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink it. You should be ashamed of yourself for blaming me because you don't have a clue who I am or what I am about, and you certainly do not know the circumstances of this horror any more than I do. And you also have no idea of the pain and agony I am going through over this. I have felt God has forsaken me. I have prayed for a long time for him to help my son find his way and watch over him, and as we both know, he hasn't. I am not trying in any way to diminish what has happened to those children, but I have lost a son also. He hasn't been in my life for many years and now I will probably never see him again before I die, and his daughter is going through her own trauma over this as well as his brothers are. So please don't blame others for the choice of one person. You certainly wouldn't want to be blamed for something someone in your family did. You have no idea of the pain and heartbreak I am feeling.
Please do not blame GOD for the upbringing you performed. Another example of not accepting responsibility for ones actions.

The acorn does not fall far from the tree.
heartwrenched mom

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

Kissimmee Minority wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not blame GOD for the upbringing you performed. Another example of not accepting responsibility for ones actions.
The acorn does not fall far from the tree.
you people are all horrible christians. I did not bring him up that way and it is not my responsibilty.
CONCERNED PARENT

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

TO KISSIMEE MINORITY GOD GIVES US A CHOICE TO FOLLOW HIM OR LIES . I KNOW THE HEARTWRENCHED MOM AND SHES A DAM GOOD MOTHER SHE NEVER EVER TAUGHT HER SON TO BE THIS WAY. HE REBELLED A LONG TIME AGO SHE DOESNT HAVE AN EVIL SPIRIT AT ALL SHE LOVES HER FAMILY SO YOU NEED TO GROW UP.
AND LEAVE YOUR RUDE COMMENTS TO YOUR SELF PRAY FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED INSTEAD OF ADDING TO THE FIRE
a family member

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

To all of you who are blaming the mother: you cannot blame what one does as an adult on their parents. We as parents can teach and lead our children in the right direction, but in the end, they have to choose their own paths. At one point you set your children free and hope and pray that they use what you taught them and live a life of right choices and not the wrong ones. The mother sounds like a great mother who's son chose the wrong path. All she can do is pray for her son.

If we want to blame anyone, we should be blaming it partly on the Indiana judge that didn't think he was dangerous enough to expidite him from Florida. But we all now know exactly how dangerous he was...unfortunately.

I am part of Keith's family and I will pray for his sons, his wife, his mother, and all the extended family. This is a tough time, but we will get through it together.
family member

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

sorry, i meant "extradite" not "expidite"
Orange County Watch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

a family member wrote:
To all of you who are blaming the mother: you cannot blame what one does as an adult on their parents. We as parents can teach and lead our children in the right direction, but in the end, they have to choose their own paths. At one point you set your children free and hope and pray that they use what you taught them and live a life of right choices and not the wrong
ones. The mother sounds like a great mother who's son chose the wrong path. All she can do is pray for her son.
If we want to blame anyone, we should be blaming it partly on the Indiana judge that didn't think he was dangerous enough to expidite him from Florida. But we all now know exactly how dangerous he was...unfortunately.
I am part of Keith's family and I will pray for his sons, his wife, his mother, and all the extended family. This is a tough time, but we will get through it together.
Read my statement above. I stated the judge should be held as an accomplice.

That does not make him any less guilty.

erm

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

heartwrenched mom wrote:
This is my son you are all so willing to throw under the bus without all the facts.
What facts are there that could possibly suggest that this isn't as horrible as it sounds??

If you say that you don't condone his choices then why do you defend him for them?

When parents make excuses for their children in their lives instead of looking at the situations for what they are, you end up with adults who don't take responsibility because they've never had to.

I should feel more empathy toward his family but I just can't. My empathy goes out 100% to those boys and their family...what's left of it.
mike

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

To Hilton Head before you put your opion in know the facts. I was there I saw it from beginning to end there wasn't nothing anybody could do even the kid. one hit it was done me and my friends pulled him off. i almost had to fight myself and wish i could have got a shot at him but it wasn't our fight we didn't know if he had a gun or not i would like to see what you would do in the situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info