Man beaten to death in front of his s...

Man beaten to death in front of his sons -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 31 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 14, 2007, titled Man beaten to death in front of his sons -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A Bushnell man was killed Sunday evening in front of his children during a fight at Withlacoochee State Forest, Sumter County sheriff's officials said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tietrack

Winchester, KY

#1 Aug 14, 2007
If Paz had been killed foe his battery charge in Indiana then his Florida victim would be alive today. Until we start rurhlessly killing violent criminals we will remain the victims.
Orange County Watch

United States

#2 Aug 14, 2007
Another repeat offender allowed on the street to commit more crime.

The judge that released him should be held as an accomplice.
Hilton Head

Mascotte, FL

#3 Aug 14, 2007
Mr. Gidden's was enjoying a day with his family and friends and only the thirteen year old son tried to help his father. What happened to the wife and friends? How many other people stood by and watched this senseless travesty take place without getting involved. My hat goes off to the thirteen year old son. Any adult friend or family member who was present at the park should be ashamed to even attend Mr. Gidden's funeral. God bless Mr. Gidden's and his sons.
Chris

Hollywood, FL

#5 Aug 14, 2007
CCW anybody?

For the ignorant:

Better to bring a gun to a fistfight than your fists......
Deb-doyle resident

Altamonte Springs, FL

#6 Aug 14, 2007
How sad.
Hang em

Lady Lake, FL

#7 Aug 14, 2007
Just another low life to feed for years to come. He wont fightor argue over a woman now. Sorry to the family for having seen this the poor boys will see this the rest of there life's.Very sad
ttt

Lincoln, NE

#8 Aug 14, 2007
Orange County Watch wrote:
Another repeat offender allowed on the street to commit more crime.
The judge that released him should be held as an accomplice.
I totally agree. Judges don't protect us, they're too afraid the guy's friends will come after them if they have the guts to give tough jail sentences.
heartwrenched mom

Chicago, IL

#9 Aug 14, 2007
This is my son you are all so willing to throw under the bus without all the facts. I don't in any way agree with what he did, but all the facts aren't in yet. All I know is that my heart is breaking for that woman and her children and some poor mother has lost her son. I too, have now lost my son. Only God can help him now.

erm

“you shouldn't eat paste”

Since: Aug 07

Palm Coast, FL

#10 Aug 14, 2007
heartwrenched mom wrote:
This is my son you are all so willing to throw under the bus without all the facts. I don't in any way agree with what he did, but all the facts aren't in yet. All I know is that my heart is breaking for that woman and her children and some poor mother has lost her son. I too, have now lost my son. Only God can help him now.
Lady, you lost your son a long time ago. I'm sorry you raised an animal, but my real sympathy is for the boys who watched your son brutally kill their father.
heartwrenched mom

Chicago, IL

#11 Aug 14, 2007
erm wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady, you lost your son a long time ago. I'm sorry you raised an animal, but my real sympathy is for the boys who watched your son brutally kill their father.
I didn't raise an animal. He is an adult and he chose his path. Don't be brutal to others that cannot control the situation.

erm

“you shouldn't eat paste”

Since: Aug 07

Palm Coast, FL

#12 Aug 14, 2007
heartwrenched mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be brutal to others that cannot control the situation.
The same could be said about your son concerning the boys who watched him murder their father. I don't even want to imagine how that is going to affect them for the REST of their lives.
heartwrenched mom

Chicago, IL

#13 Aug 14, 2007
erm wrote:
<quoted text>
The same could be said about your son concerning the boys who watched him murder their father. I don't even want to imagine how that is going to affect them for the REST of their lives.
And I agree with you about those boys but why are you blaming me? You should know as well as I do, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink it. You should be ashamed of yourself for blaming me because you don't have a clue who I am or what I am about, and you certainly do not know the circumstances of this horror any more than I do. And you also have no idea of the pain and agony I am going through over this. I have felt God has forsaken me. I have prayed for a long time for him to help my son find his way and watch over him, and as we both know, he hasn't. I am not trying in any way to diminish what has happened to those children, but I have lost a son also. He hasn't been in my life for many years and now I will probably never see him again before I die, and his daughter is going through her own trauma over this as well as his brothers are. So please don't blame others for the choice of one person. You certainly wouldn't want to be blamed for something someone in your family did. You have no idea of the pain and heartbreak I am feeling.
Kissimmee Minority

United States

#14 Aug 15, 2007
heartwrenched mom wrote:
<quoted text>
And I agree with you about those boys but why are you blaming me? You should know as well as I do, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink it. You should be ashamed of yourself for blaming me because you don't have a clue who I am or what I am about, and you certainly do not know the circumstances of this horror any more than I do. And you also have no idea of the pain and agony I am going through over this. I have felt God has forsaken me. I have prayed for a long time for him to help my son find his way and watch over him, and as we both know, he hasn't. I am not trying in any way to diminish what has happened to those children, but I have lost a son also. He hasn't been in my life for many years and now I will probably never see him again before I die, and his daughter is going through her own trauma over this as well as his brothers are. So please don't blame others for the choice of one person. You certainly wouldn't want to be blamed for something someone in your family did. You have no idea of the pain and heartbreak I am feeling.
Please do not blame GOD for the upbringing you performed. Another example of not accepting responsibility for ones actions.

The acorn does not fall far from the tree.
heartwrenched mom

Chicago, IL

#15 Aug 15, 2007
Kissimmee Minority wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not blame GOD for the upbringing you performed. Another example of not accepting responsibility for ones actions.
The acorn does not fall far from the tree.
you people are all horrible christians. I did not bring him up that way and it is not my responsibilty.
CONCERNED PARENT

Chicago, IL

#16 Aug 15, 2007
TO KISSIMEE MINORITY GOD GIVES US A CHOICE TO FOLLOW HIM OR LIES . I KNOW THE HEARTWRENCHED MOM AND SHES A DAM GOOD MOTHER SHE NEVER EVER TAUGHT HER SON TO BE THIS WAY. HE REBELLED A LONG TIME AGO SHE DOESNT HAVE AN EVIL SPIRIT AT ALL SHE LOVES HER FAMILY SO YOU NEED TO GROW UP.
AND LEAVE YOUR RUDE COMMENTS TO YOUR SELF PRAY FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED INSTEAD OF ADDING TO THE FIRE
a family member

Ocala, FL

#18 Aug 15, 2007
To all of you who are blaming the mother: you cannot blame what one does as an adult on their parents. We as parents can teach and lead our children in the right direction, but in the end, they have to choose their own paths. At one point you set your children free and hope and pray that they use what you taught them and live a life of right choices and not the wrong ones. The mother sounds like a great mother who's son chose the wrong path. All she can do is pray for her son.

If we want to blame anyone, we should be blaming it partly on the Indiana judge that didn't think he was dangerous enough to expidite him from Florida. But we all now know exactly how dangerous he was...unfortunately.

I am part of Keith's family and I will pray for his sons, his wife, his mother, and all the extended family. This is a tough time, but we will get through it together.
family member

Ocala, FL

#19 Aug 15, 2007
sorry, i meant "extradite" not "expidite"
Orange County Watch

United States

#20 Aug 15, 2007
a family member wrote:
To all of you who are blaming the mother: you cannot blame what one does as an adult on their parents. We as parents can teach and lead our children in the right direction, but in the end, they have to choose their own paths. At one point you set your children free and hope and pray that they use what you taught them and live a life of right choices and not the wrong
ones. The mother sounds like a great mother who's son chose the wrong path. All she can do is pray for her son.
If we want to blame anyone, we should be blaming it partly on the Indiana judge that didn't think he was dangerous enough to expidite him from Florida. But we all now know exactly how dangerous he was...unfortunately.
I am part of Keith's family and I will pray for his sons, his wife, his mother, and all the extended family. This is a tough time, but we will get through it together.
Read my statement above. I stated the judge should be held as an accomplice.

That does not make him any less guilty.

erm

“you shouldn't eat paste”

Since: Aug 07

Palm Coast, FL

#21 Aug 15, 2007
heartwrenched mom wrote:
This is my son you are all so willing to throw under the bus without all the facts.
What facts are there that could possibly suggest that this isn't as horrible as it sounds??

If you say that you don't condone his choices then why do you defend him for them?

When parents make excuses for their children in their lives instead of looking at the situations for what they are, you end up with adults who don't take responsibility because they've never had to.

I should feel more empathy toward his family but I just can't. My empathy goes out 100% to those boys and their family...what's left of it.
mike

AOL

#22 Aug 15, 2007
To Hilton Head before you put your opion in know the facts. I was there I saw it from beginning to end there wasn't nothing anybody could do even the kid. one hit it was done me and my friends pulled him off. i almost had to fight myself and wish i could have got a shot at him but it wasn't our fight we didn't know if he had a gun or not i would like to see what you would do in the situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Reality Check 1,549,962
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr Murphey_Law 513,197
News Trial Begins For Ex-Army Recruiter Accused Of M... (Aug '11) 15 hr Media dont tell t... 16
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 19 hr zazz 98,423
Has anyone ever had a new appliance fail multip... (Mar '12) Mon dontbuyGE 24
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Ms Sassy 63,859
Private Jet Charters - Private Yacht Charters -... Jun 25 Inspirationalmill... 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages