Alligator Found in Tennessee Lake

Alligator Found in Tennessee Lake

There are 91 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 13, 2007, titled Alligator Found in Tennessee Lake. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The alligator clearly wasn't from around here. Tennessee wildlife officers discovered a 5-foot alligator Sunday in Watts Bar Lake near Spring City, about 60 miles south of Knoxville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
John

Murfreesboro, TN

#83 Jul 8, 2012
Lanny wrote:
<quoted text>I never heard of a black rattlesnake,thanks very much. How common are they around here?
what everyone is referring too is a timber Rattlesnake, there are no cottonmouths east of missippi river in tn check TWRA website and I have been doing nuisance animal control 15 years in middle tn and never seen or found one live or dead
John

Murfreesboro, TN

#84 Jul 8, 2012
Yesmsnancy wrote:
<quoted text>I live in Ky.and we've had rattlers forever and a day.My husband thought he would kill one that was crossing the road in front of us.The damned thing had him backed up against a tree.A man on a three wheeler[a long time ago] and shot it and then stomped it's head off with a pair of cowboy boots he was wearing.He brought it home and we took a picture of it.My husband is 6 foot 3 inches tall and it was longer than he is tall.Don't tell me they can't get to nine feet.
I want some of what u were smoking cause even the largest Eatern Diamondback which does not live in ky tops out just under 8ft 2 in and that is largest and rare
John

Murfreesboro, TN

#85 Jul 8, 2012
Lanny wrote:
Guys,I am serious,need to know about these snakes,they are all around our land in South knoxville. What kind are found in the lakes around here,we let the kids jump in when we go out in the boat. Just want a few folks who live here and really know to share their knowledge with me.
if they are in the water they are not rattlers and u don't have cottonmouths in that area, call TWRA u are safe ! sound like some big banded water snakes
John

Murfreesboro, TN

#86 Jul 8, 2012
John wrote:
<quoted text> I want some of what u were smoking cause even the largest Eatern Diamondback which does not live in ky tops out just under 8ft 2 in and that is largest and rare
Post the picture! Let's see it
LOL

Knoxville, TN

#87 Jul 9, 2012
Charles R Darwin wrote:
Badges? Badges? Snakes don't need no stinkin' badges...
HAHAHAHAHA
Viva the Bandidos mc bang bang bang it was a Florida football fan they found floating that fell off the Vol Navy Boat thats all..........because he got drunk and ran his hand up a Vol fans old lady dinner dress...LMAO rubbing her Clit...hmmmmm good she wuz nice enuff to eat..........
gator

Chattanooga, TN

#88 Aug 10, 2012
2 other alligators were spotted last week just off of sand island.
Sad for the victims

Sparta, TN

#89 Mar 30, 2014
My dad killed a similar looking snake inside our weekend cabin at fall creek falls near pikeville, tenn. Mom noticed a lump in mattress on brothers bed. And beat it with a broom.this snake crawled out across the room with its head two feet in the air and spread like a cobra.the tail was still up in the mattress! It was over ten feet long.mom poured bleach where dad killed it and it foamed with bubbles like peroxide! Really scared us.dad said he never saw one like it before!
Kittykat

Murfreesboro, TN

#92 Dec 12, 2014
james wrote:
Hey im from Wales, We have this "black adder" snake that you all seem to be so scared of, but it's really only harmful to small children, even bites to children can be easily treated, and killing the rattle snake???I doubt this, but if this is true you should welcome it with open arms, Im moving to TN later on this year and would welcome a state filled with adders than rattle snakes!
The black adder is the most venomous snake.... no bs watch a documentary on natgeo
grimy phoxx

Oak Ridge, TN

#93 Dec 13, 2014
gator wrote:
2 other alligators were spotted last week just off of sand island.
no that waz my old lady and one of the kids.
gaturs

Union City, TN

#94 Dec 20, 2014
fo real
Jeff

United States

#95 Mar 1, 2017
I kill them if i am ever bitten while hunting im sending Twra the bill.

I will gladly pay the fine for every venomous snake i kill i may be saving someones life.

I understand snakes are needed to keep the rodent population down but venomous snakes are not needed to acomplish this task.

I cant imagine young children being at the lake with family getting bitten 60 miles away from a hospital. We do not need to endanger our citizens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Simply Hilarious 1,655,942
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min Real world calling 64,297
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Mary NY 73,877
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 18 hr fortmyersf 514,722
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... (May '17) Dec 8 Frindly 1,190
Who is better? Orlando Health or Florida Hospi... Dec 8 Citizen One 2
News Sex offenders, predators find room at Friendly ... (Nov '08) Dec 8 Cherry 64

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages