Verifying ADHD supplements' effective...

Verifying ADHD supplements' effectiveness is still several stud...

There are 24 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 6, 2008, titled Verifying ADHD supplements' effectiveness is still several stud.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

These are fidgety times for America's children. Roughly 1 in 12 kids ages 6 to 17 has been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, more commonly called ADHD.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Indy

United States

#1 Oct 6, 2008
Yes, more of big pharma please - that's what our kids need. They really do care.
mom

Pompano Beach, FL

#2 Oct 6, 2008
There are no long term studies for the effects of the prescription drugs.
Once these drugs are filtered through your child's liver, what happens to them in 20-30 years from now?
These drugs given to the children are actually narcotics.
HERBS R SNAKE OIL

Hollywood, FL

#3 Oct 6, 2008
ONLY a fool believes in herbs ! no basis just blind faith and ignorance leads people to take herbs! shame on anyone giving that crap to their kids!
Indy

United States

#4 Oct 6, 2008
HERBS R SNAKE OIL wrote:
ONLY a fool believes in herbs ! no basis just blind faith and ignorance leads people to take herbs! shame on anyone giving that crap to their kids!
Who said anything about "herbs"? Are you smoking some?
Barack

AOL

#5 Oct 6, 2008
Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anything about "herbs"? Are you smoking some?
Not in public, but I;m sure as H gettin the vote from the jackashes that been smokin!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#6 Oct 6, 2008
How herbal medicine got a bad name in the false hood of ADD / ADHD and other psychotropic (mind) drugs

(NaturalNews) On the heels of shocking revelations that top psychiatric research Dr. Joseph Biederman secretly took $1.6 million from drug companies while conducting psychotropic drug experiments on children, it has been learned that Dr. Biederman is now one of the key collaborators behind the latest efforts to discredit St. John's Wort. In a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association and widely reported in the mainstream media, Dr. Biederman and fellow cohorts "concluded" that the St. John's Wort herb is useless in treating ADHD in children.

What's astonishing about this study, as you'll learn in this article, is that all the children used in the study were given inactive forms of the St. John's Wort herb where the active ingredients had been oxidized and rendered useless! In other words, this clinical trial, which was widely reported in the mainstream media with headlines like "St. John's Wort Found Useless!" didn't test the herb's active ingredients at all! It sort of makes you wonder about the agenda of the people running the study, doesn't it?

Keep in mind that one of the study's authors, Dr. Biederman, is not merely on the take from drug companies that sell competing pharmaceuticals, but that he also lied about how much money he was being paid by drug companies, hiding the truth about his income by underreporting $1.6 million he took from psychiatric drug companies.

See my report on that here:

http://www.naturalnews.com/023408.html

Dr. Biederman has a clear financial interest in promoting patented prescription drugs for brain chemistry disorders while discrediting competing natural alternatives such as St. John's Wort.

This blatant conflict of interest was not disclosed by JAMA, nor was it mentioned in the text of the study on ADHD and St. John's Wort. It appears Dr. Biederman would prefer his financial ties to Big Pharma continue to remain secret, even while producing questionable studies that desperately attempt to show that herbs don't work.

more:

http://www.naturalnews.com/023430.html

additional article:

In 1996, for example, Biederman suggested that drugs like Ritalin might serve 10 percent of American kids for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. By 2004, one in nine 11-year-old boys was taking the drug. Biederman and his team also are more responsible than anyone for a child bipolar epidemic sweeping America (and no other country) that has 2-year-olds on three or four psychiatric drugs.

The science of childrenÂ’s psychiatric medications is so primitive and BiedermanÂ’s influence so great that when he merely mentions a drug during a presentation, tens of thousands of children within a year or two will end up taking that drug, or combination of drugs. This happens in the absence of a drug trial of any kind - instead, the decision is based upon word of mouth among the 7,000 child psychiatrists in America.

http://seroxatsecrets.wordpress.com/2008/07/1...
Libalemoi

Boca Raton, FL

#7 Oct 7, 2008
I didn't think there were that many ADHD kids out there until I took my non-ADHD son to the eye doctor. They put the drops in his eyes to dialate them and then the doctor examined them with a light. He said my was the FIRST child my son's age (11) to be able to sit through the whole exam without wiggling, fidgeting, or just plain jumping out of the chair. I thought he was joking, but he assured me that he wasn't. That certainly surprised me. I had no idea the problem was that bad.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 7, 2008
Libalemoi wrote:
I didn't think there were that many ADHD kids out there until I took my non-ADHD son to the eye doctor. They put the drops in his eyes to dialate them and then the doctor examined them with a light. He said my was the FIRST child my son's age (11) to be able to sit through the whole exam without wiggling, fidgeting, or just plain jumping out of the chair. I thought he was joking, but he assured me that he wasn't. That certainly surprised me. I had no idea the problem was that bad.
ADD / ADHD is a fraud diagnoses. There is no test for chemical balance of the brain and therefore psychiatry is based on hearsay.

Utube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Cartoons

http://www.naturalnews.com/cartoons/mental_tr...

http://www.naturalnews.com/cartoons/psychiatr...

Hope it enlightens your knowledge in the protection of your child.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 19, 2008
HERBS R SNAKE OIL wrote:
You must have failed chemistry or have ties with the pharmaceutical industry.
Pedobear

Timisoara, Romania

#11 Oct 19, 2008
How about some baby reipe?
Femme-Anony

Upper Bicutan, Philippines

#12 Oct 19, 2008
What they need is a good f*ck on the ass
anon

Fall River, MA

#13 Oct 19, 2008
adhd? it's called BAD PARENTING, ITS ALL YOUR FAULT
anonymous

United States

#14 Oct 19, 2008
its not adhd, its called bad parenting
Adhd fatality

Valby, Denmark

#15 Oct 19, 2008
did you know that over one QUADRILLION peeps die a year from adhd?

it's true it's because they drive while doing it!
Pedobear

Timisoara, Romania

#16 Oct 19, 2008
Where are all the little children with ADHD? I want to... cure them
anonymous

Timisoara, Romania

#18 Oct 19, 2008
A good beating is always good to get rid of ADHD
Femme-Anony

Upper Bicutan, Philippines

#19 Oct 19, 2008
Seriously, try it, your daughters would love it!
ebaumsworld

Iselin, NJ

#21 Oct 19, 2008
My older cousin had adhd, his parents sent him off to a farm somewhere far away. I never heard from hm in a long time. this is actually making me want to find out how he is.
anonymouse

UK

#23 Mar 28, 2009
Michael

Chantilly, VA

#25 Sep 13, 2010
i wrote:
I can recommend a reputable Indian pharmacy.
Before I ordered Strattera here I ran a thorough investigation on the manufacturing practices in India in general and found out that there is death penalty for counterfeiting drugs there. I figured it would be enough to give the Strattera pills a try and I was quite satisfied with the result.
Indian Strattera and Ritalin similar meds. This is ADHD medications. And the this suppliers seem honest and reliable. On the site http://indiantrustedpills.info I've just placed my 3rd order. I hope this info will be of any help to the community.
Thanks for that address. This site has my pills within a week at my door. They perfectly work! I have found them very good value for money. My special 5% discount coupon 5waf5h. You can save your money. I hope this information will be useful to buyers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min sonicfilter 1,419,806
News The Methodist Church May Split Over LGBT Issues... 40 min Logic Analysis 1
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr LizW 513,480
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr LizW 73,692
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Actual Science 61,068
loan shark (Dec '11) 14 hr Carsmartguy 33
Advice Please 18 hr Jamie 4

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages