Homicide victim found in canal is identified

There are 19 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from May 20, 2008, titled Homicide victim found in canal is identified. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The man, found in the canal behind a home in the 3600 block of Wilts Street, is 21-year-old Anthony Hart, said Orlando police spokeswoman Sgt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Goldy

Oneco, FL

#16 May 21, 2008
That guy who died and you guys are talking about was a real good friend of mine and he wasn't robbing and selling drugs. We don't know how he died but it is a tragedy and certain people on here are taking it as an opportunity to slang mud on a whole group of people without knowing anything about the situation. Hope when you die no one makes light of your situation but what goes around comes around.
360KER

De Leon Springs, FL

#18 May 21, 2008
GOLDY AND MARIAH I WENT TO HIGH SCHOOL WITH TANK AND I JUST HEARD ABOUT TANK EARLY THIS MORNING AND IM GOING CRAZY IN HOW I CAN FIND OUT SOME INFO ABOUT THE FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS IF ANY OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANK YOU SO MUCH
360KER

De Leon Springs, FL

#19 May 21, 2008
Mrs_K

Leesburg, FL

#20 May 21, 2008
I will miss you, Tank. You were a bright smile in my classroom and these haters at the top don't know a damn thing about real life. Life is hard and some people just don't know the truth. You were a good boy, Tank.
Mr. K. is torn up over this. Watch over your mama. You were always her baby.
Rest in Peace, Sweetheart...
Mrs. K.
U.H.S.
Jesus_Is_The_Ans wer

Clifton, NJ

#21 May 22, 2008
I am Still in Shock...Its so sad so many young people are pasing away. It's time to get together and seek God, and pray for the youth that are lost in the world and let them know there Is another way, and He Is The Way The Truth and The Light. My Heart and prayers go out to Anthony "Tank" Harts Family or as we also knew him "Big Head" :)
Tank Thanks For Always being there for me even if it was to shake off them Phoney guys in High School LOL For making me laugh and protecting ya girl. My family really liked you and we grew up together. Remember that time we went to the movies sneaking out with Snow & Bleek and them LMAO Good Times. R.I.P.
UCF TailGator

Windermere, FL

#26 May 23, 2008
Goldy wrote:
That guy who died and you guys are talking about was a real good friend of mine and he wasn't robbing and selling drugs. We don't know how he died but it is a tragedy and certain people on here are taking it as an opportunity to slang mud on a whole group of people without knowing anything about the situation. Hope when you die no one makes light of your situation but what goes around comes around.
Sorry for your loss!
Sarah

Port Charlotte, FL

#27 May 23, 2008
lifes poetry wrote:
Hello to all that will read this and understand this. My name is poetic. I am the cousin of Anthony" TANK" Hart. for all that knew him, knew he was a sweet kid lost in this evil, dishearted, misguided, racist, unloved, self obsorbed, mean, and sick world. He was more than a friend to those who knew him he was a angel. He was loved by many for his smile, laugh, and caring heart. He was often caught laughing and being a normal silly kid. TANK you will be more than missed. You will be a protector to those who is slain by senseless crime. as i write this i evoke you with the power of a guardian angel. I give you love from not only a loving cousin but as a woman who seen in you what many dont recognize as love and compassion. be what you were meant to be in this life that was taken from you from another misguided soul. You are now as you were in life an ANGEL.... for you racist, silly, stupid, uneducated, and lost individuals that wrote at the begining of this blog. If you fear blacks it is for a good reason. for what has happen to us with our time here in america you should... if you fear the blacks' for any reason fear us because we are coming up. we are seeking and finding our life where you think we should not. we are growing, learning, and becoming stronger in numbers. We are educating ourselves and our children.. we will be the threat you see. not for crime though but a threat because you will not be able to stop us from controling our own destiny. We will be presidents, lawyers, doctors, denists, and etc. as the world will be corrected as it once was. where you came to us to learn to read and write. remember or maybe that to deep for your simple minds. Egypt people was the first to prefect math, writing, and reading of any nation. who inhabited egypt US!!! the orginal name is kemit which means the black people. look it up or are you just a simple minded racist fool too scare to realize all the story that your family told you are all lies. We the black people is the first race and the strongest race. We were destroyed by another race. abused, mislead, and set on a path of destruction from a group of people who seen as well as feared our minds. we are many, we are strong, we are feared beacuse we are.... the orginal Race..... and just in case you cant read and understand my writing... Tank came from a family that loved him.. We are educated as well. not in gangs, not selling drugs, not doing crime.... he was a lamb scarficed for someone fear of his life growth... be smart stop being racist... see people for who they are not from where they come from... by the way Tank did not live in the area his body was found.. know the whole truth before you start to judge.. wait that's what you do right... never have the correct information before you start to pass the judgement.... RIP my sweet little cousin.. you are with the angel now....
I generally like to pick apart the grammatical errors when people post about how intelligent and well-educated they are, but I will give you a free pass because your cousin died.

But never forget that your OWN race is the one who sold you for slavery.
tap19

Kissimmee, FL

#28 May 23, 2008
lifes poetry wrote:
<quoted text>
There are thugs, criminals, and drug dealers in every cultural aspect. If you think it is not you are blind. The funny thing is that people like to only point the finger at one race. The sad truth is if we are so bad why do so many other races try so hard to absorb our way of life, the way we talk, dress, and interact with one another. I guess the hard truth is you fear what you dont understand and you fear of what is the begining of the end of slavery in all aspect. everyone wants freedom, safety, and identical equality. the only things is We as the black race is not suppose to have it or it is taken from us by others... however i agree it is up to us to stop the crime in our own back yards.. we really dont need any help with that... we just need to start cleaning house..
My condolences to you and this young mans family. But I have no fear of any race. I grew up here with alot of races including yours. Had played sports with them and had them over for dinner with our family. So i do know alot about your race and MANY other races and cultures. I'm just not soft when it comes to TRUTH. Nor will I sugar coat it per say. It doesn't matter what race/culture you are as much as the individual thats inside of them. Be safe Start policing up the community. People don't need to turn their head in fear of retaliation if the promblamatic person is rectified on the spot!!!

Regards
Darwin

Dayton, NJ

#29 May 23, 2008
Cynic wrote:
Ok, I'm either blind, or just can't read what's NOT THERE! How the heck do you moronic racists know this victim is black, or a druggie? Or are you just making ASSumptions?
No matter the circumstances or where his life had led him before his death, he is still someone's "baby" and a human put here for a reason!
Simple logic on the 'race' thing. If the victim was of any other ethnicity, the Sentinel would have provided that information. But, if the victim is black, the Sentinel describes NOTHING. So yes, a reasonable assumption CAN be made by 'reading what's not there.'
hey

Easton, PA

#30 May 23, 2008
Mrs_K wrote:
I will miss you, Tank. You were a bright smile in my classroom and these haters at the top don't know a damn thing about real life. Life is hard and some people just don't know the truth. You were a good boy, Tank.
Mr. K. is torn up over this. Watch over your mama. You were always her baby.
Rest in Peace, Sweetheart...
Mrs. K.
U.H.S.
mrs k when you can plz e mail me here elpapa425@yahoo.com
Wake up

Orlando, FL

#31 May 23, 2008
you people are idiots. i cant believe there is still racist people like to who are still breathing. i knew Anthony since the 4th grade, and despite the way his life was going, he was a good friend. he may have made some bad choices,but that was his own business not yours. no human has the RIGHT to take a life, and this life that was lost was one that affected people. have a heart, and if you dont have anything decent to say dont say it. so let the people who cared for this man grieve without having to read dumb ass comments like these that you losers are leaving on here because none of you have any right to judge anyone. my condolences go out to Anthony "TANK" Hart's family and friends who are hurting. Tank, you were an awesome friend, i will always love you like my big brother since day 1!! you are very missed and i just cant believe i even have to write these words on here. Words cant describe how this world needs to change so PLEASE everyone who knew Tank,and knew he was a friend to many, and the killing/violence needs to STOP!
Peace and Love,
your little sis, you know who this is!
~Rest in Peace Tank Teezy *U.H.S* C/O 2004~
Geo

Easton, PA

#32 May 23, 2008
ima miss you tank!!!!!!!!!! i still cant believe you gone..........Rest In Peace!!!!!

your boy geo

god bless
Carlos

Clermont, FL

#34 May 24, 2008
Damn homie .. who would of thought .. Just the other day we were skippin class together or walkin the halls of UHS.. we used to play football after school in the neighborhood .. every wednesday .. Andover vs Sutton Ridge ! lol ! Good timez my dude .. I wont forget you .. Us driving around the neighborhood with half your body out the sunroof ! lol ! Crazy ass ! lol ! May you rest in peace bro and watch over your baby and your famz .. I havent seen you for a while and it breakz my heart that I will never see you again .. You will live on in our memorys homie ! God bless your soul and your famz .. be ez ..www.myspace.com/przpapii .. I was told his funeral was today 5-24-08 .. But Im not sure .. and im not sure where .. UHS Class of 03.
sue

Mount Dora, FL

#35 May 27, 2008
Yes i knew "TANK". I'm still in shock and hurt that he gone. I can't believe some one would do this to him. "TANK" always find a way to get me upset, but it was ok because then again he also knew how to put the smile back. I miss him making me laugh. Tank had a beautiful Hart. Even though He's not here No One can't Replace that. He would always be miss and love by others. We Miss You Tank. Rest in peace.

Love Always
Sue
George a friend of Tank

Orlando, FL

#36 Jun 27, 2008
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
I generally like to pick apart the grammatical errors when people post about how intelligent and well-educated they are, but I will give you a free pass because your cousin died.
But never forget that your OWN race is the one who sold you for slavery.
You must be a white man to write something so low. You should generally pick your self apart and grammatical find the error's in your white life. You do not know what ghetto life is or whats it all about
George a friend of Tank

Orlando, FL

#37 Jun 27, 2008
Tank may you rest in peace and the lord guide you thru the gates of heaven
GeO

Bethlehem, PA

#38 Dec 23, 2008
damn bro its about to be a new year and you aint here nomore it sucks how things happen,but kno that ima live for you as i live for myself,i miss you bro stay up and i guess i'll see you later up above at the gates god bless you and rest in peace anthony ur boy always Geo!

R.I.P TANK AKA ANTHONY HART
goonette

Bradenton, FL

#39 Jan 24, 2009
damn tank i know we aint talk/seen in a minute i was going thru my myspace messages and went on your page and ya folks wrote R.I.P. i was in shock pa..ill be missing you tank R.I.P. babyboi
Gods Knight

Orlando, FL

#40 Jan 23, 2014
Saw a pic of you on FB today Homie Look good on your yr book Tank God Bless Your Soul Man... Brought me bak to when we was in high school...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,224,800
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr Murphey_Law 496,945
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 97,190
last post wins! (Jul '11) 3 hr Miles 5,646
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 5 hr Murph 71,752
News Orlando International gets second flight to Cuba 7 hr The Magnificent L... 1
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 7 hr LizW 18,124
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]