Florida - Birth Battle: Couple Says Surrogate Mom Won't Give Up...

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

By Grayson Kamm First Coast News JACKSONVILLE, FL -- A couple paid a First Coast woman to have their child because they couldn't conceive on their own.
Comments
221 - 229 of 229 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2013
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
tom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

RETHINK YOUR GAMEPLAN TOM.....IS IT MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU TO SEE THE SOLE CUSTODIAL PARENT OF YOUR CHILD BE LOCKED UP IN JAIL THERFORE ROBBING YOUR CHILD OF ANY PARENT AND HOPE LIKE HELL THE COURTS LET YOU SEE THE CHILD(OH YOU WOULD ALSO BE DESTROYING HER OTHER KIDS LIFES BY THIS PATH TOO DO YOU CARE OR IS THIS SWEET REVENGE?)OR COULD YA SIT DOWN WITH COOL HEADS TRY TO BE THE BIGGER PERSON...STOP ALL THE SLINGING CRAP WORK OUT A DEAL TO RETURN THE 1500 THAT WAS PAID TO HER AND NEGOTIATE IN THE BEST INTREST OF BOTH PARTIES DAUGHTER. LET HER KNOW SHE'S LOVED ENOUGH THAT WE AS GROWN UPS WHOM CAME TOGETHER TO MAKE HER CAN COME TOGETHER WORK IT OUT SO SHE CAN BE COVERED WITH THE LOVE AND SUPPORT OF ALL SIDES WITH OUT HEARING WHAT SHE IS THAT AND HE IS THAT AND KNOW ALL!!!!!!!! Something to think about. or are we all just a little to far gone now and just want to be the one who is right? Damn all the consequences..... Mrs. Eckard I for one I don't destroy your kids life. It would be you that did this not me. What you did for EVIL God did for GOOD!! I will make sure your kids will be taking care of ,with the money from the books and the movies we have more then we need.Gwyn will make sure of it. We will pay for food, clothes place to stay. We do not hate you !! But very sad it had to happen!! GOD BLESS YOU you need it.
Wishing you the best

Pleasantville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

I pray that things go well for you Tom
OH Please

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

The surrogate mother was a scammer. A gold digging jerk. Even if the contract was signed she by law could still keep the baby. She is the scum of the earth and the law does not protect people from these types of criminals.
Tiredofallthelie s

Hummelstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

I know this story is several years old however, I cannot stop from wanting to post that hopefully one IP might come across it and see what I wrote.

I had a signed and notorized contract and I did all the "right things" and it got us no where. Surrogates have found a new way to scam the system and live off of un-suspecting families with their shear greed!!!!!!! They want to have a baby and than keep it run for child support and live off you!!!

I believe that if a surrogate keeps a baby that the law than requires both families to have 50/50 without child support. They both support the child when they have their time.

What makes me the maddest I can say this being a women and now seeing this from a mans point of view is why is it ok for a woman to have an abortion against a mans wishes should he want the baby and the right to raise it, yet a woman can make a unilateral descision to keep a baby and slam a man as hard as she can for child support????

LAWS need to be pushed hard for these women to stop trying to sell their baby than keep it for finacial gain for 18 years. THESE WOMEN ARE SICK AND DEMENTED LIARS. THEY DO NOT DESERVE THE CHILD!!! THEY ARE TRASH!!!! I HOPE THEY ABOLISH SURROGACT IN ALL STATES BECAUSE BOTTON LINE THE IPS SUFFER THAN THE CHILD GROWS UP IN NOTHING BUT A MESS OF A LIFE!!!!!
Clare

Needham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2011

Sarah wrote:
If you want to engage in the sale of human beings, then you need to expect these problems. I have no pity for any of these people.
Mr. Lamitina chose to make a child with another woman other than his wife. Regardless off the initial intent, that was a choice he made and I am sure he was aware of what could happen.
He SHOULD be paying support for his child. His child deserves the support of her father, regardless of the cirumstances. The child has the right to know and interact with her father as well, so I do hope the parties can work that out for the benefit of the child.
Thank God the mother wisened up and kept her precious baby so that the child will not have to suffer for the rest of her life from being separated from her true, natural mother. Babies DO know that their mothers have been "switched" and grieve for the mother they have bonded with for the last nine months in utero. To think for one minute that babies are mindless blobs is insane. Babies know their mothers AT BIRTH and studies confirm this. Mothers should not be giving their babies to strangers, particularly not in exchange for money.
Traditional surrogacy should be absolutely illegal - outlawed in all 50 states. I pray this is the case that does it for FLA!
I agree with you 100% Sarah. I do hope however that the father gets some kind of visitation. He was wrong to engage in any of this (so was the mother who is raising her) but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be able to know him. My guess is that the mother is worried that he will try to turn the child against her mother and act as if his wife were her real mother. That would be worse than no visitation at all. So for now probably, carefully supervised visitation would be best so the child can at least have some relationship with her father and possibly with her half brother.
sam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

I just read the book which ends without the end! What happened the next time in court and where is the child living today?
H Lwe

Jackson, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

I'm appalled at the cruelty of these post. The surogate violated the Lamitina's and more importantly she violated her own biological off spring. This is not the conduct of a loving mother. Thank goodness the school terminated this woman's position. This family could have burried their story but instead they have suffered public scrutiny to help educate others and work to see improvements in legislation. I sincerely pray that this little girl has a normal childhood and will one day be reunited with her 'real'parents who love her.
Jill

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Just read the book. What ended up happening? Did The Lamitina's get their baby girl? Or does the Bio-mom still have her??

I hope and pray that wherever she is that she is happy and healthy!
Monika

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Fly,

You thoughts are illogical. The child was not "bought." She was not "sold" or worth any "money."

The Lamitinas paid for a SERVICE, not a child!

The surrogate lied, committed extortion, and premeditated the entire plan. She did not "change her mind" at ANY time. She knew full well what she was doing from the beginning.

She also committed a series of other criminal acts. She was not even taking care of her own children properly..and ran a "daycare" where she didnt take care of those kids either.

This woman did not and didnt plan on giving a rat's ass about this baby.

It is completely illogical, off-topic, and ignorant that you think a child was SOLD. Apparently you dont know how to read or connect thoughts.

You need to take a philosophy class and learn the art of rationality.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Incognito4Ever 1,084,097
Teen Challenge Exposed By Action 9 News (Feb '08) 43 min phone room employee 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,905
What life is like for Casey Anthony 2 hr Lon Spector 65
Moving from Dublin to Orlando! 3 hr irish_girl28 1
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 4 hr Lon Spector 172
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr Murph 70,408
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 hr The Real Missyfit 484,396
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••