Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98550 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#100480 Sep 23, 2014
*-- 25 Phrases Of Wisdom --*

1. If you're too open minded, your brains will fall out.

2. Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

3. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you a mechanic.

4. Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

5. If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.

6. My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.

7. Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

8. It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

9. For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.

10. If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

11. Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.

12. A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.

13. Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.

14. Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.

15. No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.

16. A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.

17. Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist change places.

18. Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.

19. Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it.

20. There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

21. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

22. By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.

23. Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

24. Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.

25. Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100481 Sep 23, 2014
Stress

You pick up a hitch-hiker; a beautiful girl. Suddenly she faints inside your car and you take her to the hospital. Now that's stressful.

But at the hospital, they say she is pregnant and congratulate you that you're going to be a father. You say that you are not the father, but the girl says you are. This is getting very stressful!

You request a DNA test to prove that you are not the father. After the tests are completed, the doctor says the test shows you're infertile, and probably have been since birth. You're extremely stressed but relieved.

And on your way back, you think about your 5 kids at home.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100482 Sep 23, 2014
Anne, you're in my thoughts and prayers today. God bless you.
ta96088g

Fairfield, CA

#100487 Sep 27, 2014
hobbit55 wrote:
<quoted text>
The pictures of Haleighs room shows she has a bed frame in it for the mattress that was on floor in the master bedroom. It's not a simple bed frame it is a child's bed frame with siderails from mid frame to head.
room 118
Anne

Fort Myers, FL

#100488 Sep 27, 2014
zazz wrote:
Anne, you're in my thoughts and prayers today. God bless you.
Thank you sweet Zazz, and all those who have expressed concern and condolences; I know you care; and to my dear friend who reads and stands by me in everything but does not post here (yes, she really does exist, it is not me talking to myself or about myself)... I thank you all from the depths of my heart. And the lovely Vic if she knew. And Sami, I know she would care if she knew.

This has been hard, so hard. I'm sorry I couldn't get back to you. We are totally devastated, at a loss, hardly able to figure out what to do from one day to the next. I could tell you many wonderful things about my beautiful son, how brilliant he was, how generous, how he loved us. How he had hundreds of real friends all over the country and the world, many in foreign countries. He was a distinguished gentleman, of high honors in his masterful profession of Professional Photographer in Sarosota and other areas. If you could read his several facebook pages, and now mine, you would see what a wonderful and beautiful man my son was. There have been several publications honoring him in Sarasota and Bradenton Newspapers and in Sarasota Magazine. He had friends that truly admired, respected and loved him. Several benefits have been set to pay respect and homage to him in the coming months. His masterful work will be published.

Together, his friends, girlfriend, and I have raised over $8,000 for his Sweet Carolines' educational fund, and another $8675+ towards his funeral and burial expenses on two separate Brian David Braun Fundly Fundraiser accounts. I am getting near the end of soliciting donations for him. It's coming together. His funeral will handled by The Bradenton Funeral Home, Bradenton, Fl on 10/4/14 at 1:00 pm with Christian burial services nearby and burial all on the same day. cont'd..

Level 8

Location hidden

#100495 Sep 29, 2014
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Level 8

Location hidden

#100496 Sep 29, 2014
"How To Pass Your Drivers Test The First Time"

1. Turn the radio on. When the tester goes to turn it off slap his/her hand.

2. Rev the car really high, turn to the tester, and say with an evil look, "Buckle up!"

3. Knock over every cone while doing maneuverability. In the middle of it, get out and check to see if you have hit every one.

4. Come dressed in a suit. Before the examiner gets in the car, ask him/her to put a piece of plastic wrap down so he doesn't dirty the seat.

5. When the examiner tells you to stop, step on the gas. Tell him/her that you thought it was the brake.

6. When the examiner tells you to stop, pop the hood clutch and say, "Oops."

7. Get in the car, look down at the pedals, and say, "Now which one is the gas again?"

8. After the examiner gets in the car, pop the hood, and get out and check the oil.

9. Fill your car with beer bottles.

10. The whole time driving, talk about how Aunt Gertrude smells like mothballs.

11. Tell the registrar that you are taking the remedial test.

12. In the middle of driving, put your arm around the examiner.

13. Swear at everybody on the road.

14. When you stop at a light, start revving the engine while looking back and forth between the
person next to you and the light.

15. Beep your horn at everything.

16. Break off your rear-view mirror and then ask the examiner to hold it up.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100497 Sep 29, 2014
"Making Babies"

A 3rd-grade girl came home from school.
She was very happy, and her Mom noticed
this. Mom asked, "What makes you so
happy today?"

The girl said, "Mom, we learned how to make
babies in school today!"

Thinking that 3rd grade was a bit early for
that, she asked her daughter to tell her how.

"It's easy, Mom -- you just drop the y, and
add ies," the daughter said.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100498 Sep 29, 2014
"How To Stop Nail Biting"

Two golden-agers were discussing their husbands over lunch.

"I do wish that my John would stop biting his nails. He makes me terribly nervous."

My Fred used to do the same thing," the other woman replied. "But I broke him of the habit."

"Really, how?" asked the first woman.

"Easy, I hid his teeth."

<>*<>*<>* <>*<>*<>* <>*<>*<>* <>*<>*<>* <>*<>*<>* <>

"Longevity"

A fellow who's just reached his 150th birthday was giving a press conference to the assembled media.

"Excuse me, sir," one of the reporters said, "but how did you come to live to 150?"

"It's actually quite simple," the old fellow replied. "I just never argue."

"That's impossible," the reporter responded. "There must be something else, like diet, or meditation, or something. Just not arguing won't keep you alive for 150 years!"

The old fellow stared hard at the reporter for several seconds.

"Hmmm," he finally shrugged, "maybe, you're right."

Level 8

Location hidden

#100499 Sep 29, 2014
"You Know You're In Trouble When... "

... Your accountants letter of resignation is postmarked
Zurich.

... You have to hitch hike to the bank to make your car
payment.

... The little league puts you on waivers.

... Your suggestion box starts ticking.

... Your secretary tells you the FBI is on line 1, the
DA is on line 2, and CBS is on line 3.

... You see your stockbroker hitchhiking out of town.

... You see the captain running toward the railing
wearing a life jacket.

... They pay your wages out of petty cash.

... You make more than you ever made, owe more
than you ever owed, and have less than you've
ever had.

... You tell the barber what you think about his prices
before you get your haircut.

... Getting there is half the fun and three-fourths of
the vacation budget.

... The simple instructions enclosed aren't.

... A black cat crosses you path and drops dead.

... You take an assertiveness training course and
you're afraid to tell your wife.

... You see your wife and your girlfriend having lunch
together.

... The plumber floats by on your kitchen table.

... Your pacemaker has only a thirty day guarantee.

... The candles on your cake set off your smoke alarm.

... The pest exterminator crawls under your house
and never comes out.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100500 Sep 29, 2014
Hi Anne, thinking of you and hoping you are coping as well as possible.

You are in my prayers.

“Twofer one”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

isn't always a deal

#100502 Sep 30, 2014
My, you're a grumpy puss everywhere you go.
D oyou gripe on Twitter too?

Level 8

Location hidden

#100503 Sep 30, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is National Mudpack Day? Mudpacks were once the rage for facial treatments and are still popular. But the mud in facials has since been replaced with a variety of other ingredients. It is supposed to keep the skin young, soft and supple. Trivia buffs: A mudpack is a quick treatment for bee stings. Use it, if needed, when you are out on a hike, or until you can get to a place to be treated for bee and wasp stings. Now go get muddy today!

Level 8

Location hidden

#100504 Sep 30, 2014
"Wisdom is nothing more than healed pain."

Robert Gary Lee

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Melrose Park, IL

#100506 Oct 1, 2014
Bunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your friend who reads but doesn't post here that really does exist could make an exception just this once. After all, you clearly need some support and this is where you come to get it.If you were talking to this friend on the phone or in person, no need to mention them here correct? What an interesting phenomenon doncha think? Hanging out on a public forum after losing a family member soliciting funds. You should provide links to these several publications so we can all enjoy his genius work. Do you have to pay imaginary taxes on all that imaginary moola you're raking in?
GOOGLE the name of Anne's son, and there are several links that will bring up his life including his photography and art work. He has put his daughter's pictures on the Internet, and she appears to be a very pretty little girl.. Not only is his Face Book page easy to find, but also comments from others who have posted that he was a genius. Hopefully his obituary will be made public in a few days when his funeral or memorial service takes place.
Bunner

Aurora, Canada

#100507 Oct 1, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
You are also eliminated from my vocabulary Ponderings. No shyt. I always thought you were a little slow on the take in some areas anyhow. We're not even in the same league. Little p'ss ant. No great loss.
She sure has a great deal of respect for you Ponderings. She is of the opinion that your slowness isn't even in the same league as hers. But, you're a christian so send her your money and lots of it.
Anne

Fort Myers, FL

#100508 Oct 1, 2014
Bunner, why don't you give it a rest? Is anyone here bothering you? Doing what to you? Since you're so busy digging up old posts, why don't you dig out those where I apologized to Ponderings? I was deeply and sincerely sorry and profoundly apologized. I was wrong and admitted it. Ponderings was gracious enough to accept those apologies. Why would you even care or allow this to bother you? I don't know those answers and I doubt you do either.
In ANY case, I am trying hard to get my beautiful son laid to rest come Saturday the 4th at 1:00 pm with the Bradenton Funeral Home officiating; with visitation and Christian services to be held at2:00 pm, both at the Happy Gospel Church in Bradenton, with burial to follow at 3:00 pm. There is a Celebration of the Life of Brian David Braun in downtown Sarasota at 4:00 pm. I could arrange for you to be invited if you'd like to attend. Should I? Is there any way I can make you happy Brunner? I would if I could.
Anne

Fort Myers, FL

#100512 Oct 2, 2014
Another thing Bunner; you make insults about me raising money? Here? I have not asked on this thread for anyone to help me bury my son. Not once. Why are you insulting me, have I asked you to make a donation? Have I even mentioned donations needed for his final expenses to these ladies here? Not once.

All of the funds that have been raised on my sons Funeral & Burial Fundraiser donation site have been donated entirely by his dear friends and clients throughout the U.S., Sarasota County, Cincinnati, and some in foreign countries where he has friends, as well as some of my relatives, and one kind stranger. I never mentioned it at all to most of my friends, only a few personal friends just yesterday since time is getting close and I am still a little short, otherwise I wouldn't have.

But, we are just a little shy of $10K in donations now, the totals are posted in open view on the donation site and if I can tighten the belt one more notch, I can just squeak by now if no one contributes another dollar. No one has been conned. They gave for my son willingly, gladly.

Our lives are an open book Bunner. And this bothers you how? Have you planned for your own death, your funeral? Can you pay for it? Let me tell you that it is very costly to die, bless you. For your sake I hope your arrangements are etched in stone and prepaid as we never know when that day or hour will appear, then the piper must be paid and your hole dug in the ground, or your body burned to a crisp and cast to the winds, which is not cheap either. Take your choice. I chose to bury my son with dignity and the honor he yearned for in life, and for this there is a cost. What will your cost be Bunner? I suggest that you ponder this and plan your own impending demise.
Anne

Fort Myers, FL

#100514 Oct 2, 2014
No, I probably have not made one iota of a difference in anyones life and for that I am sorry for I must go to face our redeemer with the deeds I have done, or NOT done. That could land me in a very sad situation. But you must give an account of your own deeds too Bunner, not mine, or me yours. Let us ponder these things and move on for the sake of our mental health and own well being.

But, if you really want to know what type of tumor a 'bunner' is you could google it. But does it even matter? No it does not. In fact, I didn't even know that until after you started poking insults at me for the 'eye of the newt' name I was using at the time. But I have no problem with your grandmother naming you Bunner. In fact, I think its' kinda cute.

Moving on now.... life, love, hate, disappointments , hard work and all our struggles continue. Well, for some lucky ones they do.
King George

Elmwood Park, IL

#100515 Oct 2, 2014
Anne wrote:
No, I probably have not made one iota of a difference in anyones life and for that I am sorry for I must go to face our redeemer with the deeds I have done, or NOT done. That could land me in a very sad situation. But you must give an account of your own deeds too Bunner, not mine, or me yours. Let us ponder these things and move on for the sake of our mental health and own well being.
But, if you really want to know what type of tumor a 'bunner' is you could google it. But does it even matter? No it does not. In fact, I didn't even know that until after you started poking insults at me for the 'eye of the newt' name I was using at the time. But I have no problem with your grandmother naming you Bunner. In fact, I think its' kinda cute.
Moving on now.... life, love, hate, disappointments , hard work and all our struggles continue. Well, for some lucky ones they do.
Throughout the last few years, I've read many of the stories that you've told concerning your accomplishments and triumphs in this life - for others as well as yourself.
I believe that you've made a positive difference in more lives than you know, Anne.
I read the most beautiful tribute to your son in the Bradenton Times. After reading it, I knew that I would have liked to have met him.
I've read comments from MANY posters who cared for and admired your son.
A man so loved by so many had to have been raised by a good role model.
God bless you and your family, Anne.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Grey Ghost 1,619,772
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 7 hr lisa 25,612
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 7 hr Princess Hey 13,071
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 10 hr ANGHARAD 514,152
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 19,710
Review: American Explorer Academy Thu Jamie F 1
*great oaks village* (Oct '09) Thu DebbieT 34

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages