Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98162 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

zazz

United States

#100431 Sep 9, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is the birthday of Colonel Harland Sanders (1890), Otis Redding (1941), Adam Sandler (1966), and Hugh Grant (1960)? Celebrate these unique and talented individuals today by eating some chicken, watching a good movie and listening to some awesome music!
zazz

United States

#100432 Sep 9, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know...
The world's oldest emergency phone number is the U.K's 999 number that was introduced on June 30, 1937. It was implemented after a call to the fire brigade was held in a queue with the telephone company. The delay cost five women their lives in the fire.
The first-ever 911 call in the United States happened on February 16, 1968, in Haleyville, Alabama. It wasn't until 1999 that Congress directed the FCC to make 911 the universal emergency number for the United States for all telephone services.
Known as the "The City Where 911 Began," Haleyville, Alabama, holds a 911 festival every year that honors all police, fire, and emergency personnel.
In 2006, 5-year-old Robert Turner called 911 when his mother collapsed form heart problems. The call taker thought he was making a prank call and told the little boy that she would send help and hung up. The boy waited three hours and, with his mother still unconscious, called 911 again. This time, a different call taker told the boy that he would get in trouble if he kept playing around. Scared, the boy hung up. His mom died.
I was shocked to learn that 911 is so new to our country.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100433 Sep 12, 2014
zazz wrote:
Did you know...
... that today is the birthday of Colonel Harland Sanders (1890), Otis Redding (1941), Adam Sandler (1966), and Hugh Grant (1960)? Celebrate these unique and talented individuals today by eating some chicken, watching a good movie and listening to some awesome music!
Thanks for info. No, did not realize these birthdays. Haven't kept up much with Hugh Grant; Otis Redding was good, loved his music, didn't know he would be in his 70s' now. Col Sanders was a particularly interesting man, IMO. He was already 65 by the time he started his KFC business, with one little stand beside the road, had been bankrupt two or three times before this . Quite a story there. Can't believe he would be 124 years old now.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100434 Sep 12, 2014
Vic, haven't seen you here since Sept 4th. Are you okay? Is everything okay with the family?
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100435 Sep 12, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was shocked to learn that 911 is so new to our country.
Haven't seen you here in a few days either, Zazz. Is everything okay with you? I tried leaving you a post a few days ago, an update on my comments about Johnny Cash, but it wouldn't go through. I had turned on the telly that day and picked up an old Billy Graham Classic Crusade. program. Lo and behold, there was Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash. They were traveling with the crusade, had been married fourteen years by this time.

Johnny was fantastic! Very, VERY good, had totally cleaned up his act, was beaming throughout the segment, looked fantastic and sang wonderfully. He sang three songs and he & June sang one together. He gave a very good speech for the kids portion of the program, warning them about drugs and alcohol. June and Mother Maybelle obviously did a good job getting him all dried out and cleaned up, turning his life completely around.

BTW, I too was shocked to learn that the 911 dispatch number was still so new to this country. I didn't see much on the news (CNN & NYDN) yesterday about the anniversary of 9/11, did you?

Hope to see you back here soon and that all is okay.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100436 Sep 12, 2014
King George, if you ever still read here, I want you to know that I have missed you. You were SOOo good at looking up things and posting links! Also, have wondered about your wrist and how you & family are doing? Would love to hear from you....
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100439 Sep 12, 2014
Well well. You all probably already know that it was one of Joan Rivers' own friends and personal physician, who walked into the Endoscopy Clinic and insisted on taking a biopsy from "a suspicious spot" on her vocal cords during her 'routine' endoscopy procedure; they say,(whoever 'they' are) that she had not given signed permission for him to do, implying that she was unaware of this; or, was it a pre-arranged verbal agreement between the two of them, with Joan attempting to make sure on her own that she got thorough results, perhaps not entirely trusting the physicians who were performing the endoscopy?

Why else would another physician walk in and insist on performing a biopsy for her that was not on the schedule? How would he even know she was there had she not told him where and when?

Nonetheless, the head physician of the clinic has been terminated from their practice for allowing this Joan Rivers 'friend/physician' to use their equipment and perform the biopsy since he was not a member of their staff; during which time she stopped breathing. I just find it hard to believe that she had not already discussed this with 'her friend doctor', whether anyone else knew it or not.

Also, I find it hard to believe that she had not already been set up with breathing tubes and apparatus in place to breathe for her during the procedure, prior to the biopsy procedure being performed. I've had this same biopsy performed more than once and all of the equipment was set up BEFORE I was placed under the anesthetic. It is very normal to have this breathing tube in place for any endoscopy and particularly a vocal cord procedure as this is a very small and constricted area without a lot of room for breathing if the air flow is in any way obstructed. Your thoughts Vic, Zazz, or anyone else?
zazz

United States

#100440 Sep 12, 2014
"Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere."

Erma Bombeck
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100441 Sep 13, 2014
zazz wrote:
"Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere."
Erma Bombeck
So true Jazz. It's really not so difficult to set everything on the back burner and just glide along peacefully. I do it all the time. But what happens then is you're just stalling, rocking along and procrastinating, not taking any action until finally "D" Day arrives and it all catches up with you when the shyt hits the fan. I know. All being said and done, there's a price to pay for peace without worry.

Nice of you to continue to hold this thread open, Zazz; particularly since it doesn't appear anything will ever be done to solve the mystery of little Haleighs' death and disappearance or to charge those responsible. I try to generate a little interest in other areas to help keep it open, but as we can see it doesn't work.

It's just not fair to sweet Haleigh, almost like she never existed, but since she did her precious life was of minute importance; little to none. The only thing that became important was to hide the crimes in her life and death and to cover up for the guilty. I just do not understand how these guilty people can live with themselves but they seem to be perking right along.
zazz

United States

#100443 Sep 14, 2014
Anne wrote:
Well well. You all probably already know that it was one of Joan Rivers' own friends and personal physician, who walked into the Endoscopy Clinic and insisted on taking a biopsy from "a suspicious spot" on her vocal cords during her 'routine' endoscopy procedure; they say,(whoever 'they' are) that she had not given signed permission for him to do, implying that she was unaware of this; or, was it a pre-arranged verbal agreement between the two of them, with Joan attempting to make sure on her own that she got thorough results, perhaps not entirely trusting the physicians who were performing the endoscopy?
Why else would another physician walk in and insist on performing a biopsy for her that was not on the schedule? How would he even know she was there had she not told him where and when?
Nonetheless, the head physician of the clinic has been terminated from their practice for allowing this Joan Rivers 'friend/physician' to use their equipment and perform the biopsy since he was not a member of their staff; during which time she stopped breathing. I just find it hard to believe that she had not already discussed this with 'her friend doctor', whether anyone else knew it or not.
Also, I find it hard to believe that she had not already been set up with breathing tubes and apparatus in place to breathe for her during the procedure, prior to the biopsy procedure being performed. I've had this same biopsy performed more than once and all of the equipment was set up BEFORE I was placed under the anesthetic. It is very normal to have this breathing tube in place for any endoscopy and particularly a vocal cord procedure as this is a very small and constricted area without a lot of room for breathing if the air flow is in any way obstructed. Your thoughts Vic, Zazz, or anyone else?
Her personal physician accompanied her to the procedure. He is the one who did the biopsy. The doctor at the clinic who allowed him to perform this unauthorized procedure has been fired. I don't think Joan knew he was going to do that to her. Any fool, even without medical training.

Turns out he has a past. He paralyzed another doctor doing an unauthorized procedure. There is going to be a lawsuit for sure.
zazz

United States

#100444 Sep 14, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Fortune Cookie Day? What a great cookie! A little slip of paper inside of it brings you good luck, a whimsical saying, or a philosophical thought. To celebrate this day, go grab a handful of fortune cookies. Or, get your fill online. Online cookies are no calorie, no carb!
zazz

United States

#100445 Sep 14, 2014
"One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others."

Robert A. Heinlein
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100446 Sep 14, 2014
Gol-durn it!!! I tried to leave you a post Zazz, and it didn't go through. It wasn't too long either, no excuse for this. Now I'll have to get back to you later.... Have a good day!
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100450 Sep 15, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text> Her personal physician accompanied her to the procedure. He is the one who did the biopsy. The doctor at the clinic who allowed him to perform this unauthorized procedure has been fired. I don't think Joan knew he was going to do that to her. Any fool, even without medical training. Turns out he has a past. He paralyzed another doctor doing an unauthorized procedure. There is going to be a lawsuit for sure.
No doubt, Jazzie. This story is getting stranger. There's a lot of he said she said and so on, different stories and sources. True, the Dr. Cohen, head of the endoscopy clinic has been terminated, but one story says he, as a friend of Joans, did the unauthorized biopsy on the spur of the moment, having observed a suspicious spot; another story says it was a female ENT, friend of Joans', who came into the clinic carrying a big bag and assistants thought she was a makeup artist there to do Joans' makeup before she left the clinic, but it turns out she was the unauthorized ENT person, not on the staff at the clinic, who performed the unauthorized biopsy (allowed by Cohen); another story says there never was a biopsy performed at all... All heresay?

There is an interesting article by Dr. Lillian Glass on her site, with links posted, where several knowledgeable physicians/surgeons, ER and surgical personnel & related technicians, have posted in detail what could have gone wrong, questioning the bad decisions that were made that led to Joans' death. One source (unnamed, of course) said the friend/female ENT took the snippet biopsy of the questionable spot, put it in a vial and stuck it into the bag she was carrying. Who can say at this point what is the truth? IMO, there will be multiple lawsuits, possibly even putting this clinic, Dr. Cohen and the ENT friend who did the procedure, or whatever she/he did, out of business, broke and owing a great deal of money to Joans' estate.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100451 Sep 15, 2014
zazz wrote:
"One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others." Robert A. Heinlein
Another good one. If you can believe it, I am so happy for those who win the lottery. I just love to see their excitement and hear what they are going to do with the money. One, I recall, was won by a priests' wife up in Ohio, who preached against playing the lottery. She snuck around and played it anyway, winning a $12M jackpot. Betcha he never preached against it again; or do you think he made her give it all to the little sisters of the poor? My guess would be NOT.

Then there was that one who won it twice, large amounts both time. Since the scripture quotes that "all good things come from above", then we have to believe this was a good thing. But pity the poor guy who got run over and murdered before he was ever able to claim his winnings; that one I'd say was NOT from God, at least not his unhappy ending. They never have caught the person who did this, nor have the winnings ever been claimed. Then there was that older gentlemen who was already well-heeled to begin with; won big and blew most of it on gambling and drunken sprees, winding up in debt and in trouble with the law. Then of course, we've got those who win and get their butt sued off by an unhappy ex or some disgruntled co-worker or other relative who claims part of the winnings. Not such happy endings for them either.

But I still believe that "all good things come from above", but also believe the devil gets his evil revenge into every good thing God does for us and ruins it as hard and as fast as he can, seeking to destroy; just like he is the one responsible for all these murders and every other evil thing on this earth. That's why I say we just have to be ready when God calls us home, in season and out of season, always cognizant, aware, keeping our thoughts clean and ready to face God on a moments notice or no notice at all. That's my take on it.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100452 Sep 15, 2014
zazz wrote:
Did you know...... that today is Fortune Cookie Day? What a great cookie! A little slip of paper inside of it brings you good luck, a whimsical saying, or a philosophical thought. To celebrate this day, go grab a handful of fortune cookies. Or, get your fill online. Online cookies are no calorie, no carb!
Nope. Didn't know this. Did you know that there is a very popular Chinese restaurant (or there was,) out on Reading Rd in Cincinnati named "The Fortune Cookie?" The lottery has been won TWICE from numbers taken from the back of fortune cookies they give to their customers. Interesting, huh? Did you also know there is only one place where these cookies are made and only certain employees at this plant are allowed to write those little catchy sayings and give the numbers? As Ronald Reagan would say "I used to know about this" (but it escapes me now).
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100453 Sep 15, 2014
Oooops... I meant to say the lottery has been won twice from numbers taken from the back of those little strips of paper placed inside the fortune cookie. You probably knew what I meant. Guess I'm just not with it so much this morning... I even flubbed up Reagans famous saying, "I used to know that."
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100454 Sep 16, 2014
Here's an interesting one from The New York Daily News this morning:

Photos shown. Man has brain cancer removed from head of goldfish. Seriously. He had noticed a large lump protruding, the fish was lethargic, not playing in the usual fish games. Man says this is his pet, like family. Cost him $200 (my guess is it cost more than this); vet says the gold fish should make it another ten years. He's back in the goldfish pond, with his incision put back together with glue. Beautiful little goldfish pond, fountain and all. I want one just like it. HAGD!
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100456 Sep 18, 2014
Ha. So what if someone thinks my posts are spam, nuts, and ya da. I don't see you posting anything here, off topic, or otherwise. What a bitter person you are. Dead weight, sitting around critiquing and judging someone elses' posts but you can't find anything interesting to say at all? What exactly would it take to interest you? Cat got your tongue? Oh well. Takes all kinds.

Morning Zazzie, and all.....
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100457 Sep 18, 2014
Thanks for your kindly responses above! Love ya.... xx00xxx Anne

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min Realtime 1,417,429
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,003
News Sources: UCF baseball coach Jay Bergman harasse... (May '08) 1 hr Former Play 213
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr T-REX 513,460
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 4 hr Milee 73,682
loan shark (Dec '11) 5 hr spotcred 32
Hot girl named Sara 15 hr James 3

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages