Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98081 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

zazz

United States

#100402 Sep 1, 2014
Anne wrote:

Hi dear one....

Rather strange,'er Jazz, that Topix keeps messing with 'correcting' this forum but it's getting worse, not better, huh? So far I don't get the point, do you?

I had to fudge this to get it to show up as a quote.

I don't know why they keep messing with it.

Is your reply, report and judge available for you? None of them are showing up for me.

Hope you had a nice mellow day.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100405 Sep 3, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to fudge this to get it to show up as a quote.
I don't know why they keep messing with it.
Is your reply, report and judge available for you? None of them are showing up for me.
Hope you had a nice mellow day.
Jazz, my computer has been on the fritz, also messed up keyboard; basically due to a power surge that did some damage. It may be fixed now, not sure. Will try it again tomorrow.

BTW, yes the reply, report and judge it is available now. Do you see it? It was moved to the bottom of the post.

Yes T/Y,, had a nice quiet Memorial Day, nothing spectacular, but nice all the same. Hope you and your family did as well, Vic & family too.... Thinking of you Vic, Jazz and all!
Viv

Harrodsburg, KY

#100407 Sep 4, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Jazz, my computer has been on the fritz, also messed up keyboard; basically due to a power surge that did some damage. It may be fixed now, not sure. Will try it again tomorrow.
BTW, yes the reply, report and judge it is available now. Do you see it? It was moved to the bottom of the post.
Yes T/Y,, had a nice quiet Memorial Day, nothing spectacular, but nice all the same. Hope you and your family did as well, Vic & family too.... Thinking of you Vic, Jazz and all!

Hey Anne and Zazz,

SO happy about much improved health, A. I too have tried posting just to have it go away. Oh, My Mom has a special friend. She is a 86 and he is 76. She for sure has more pep in her step. LOL
zazz

United States

#100408 Sep 4, 2014
Hey Anne and Zazz,
SO happy about much improved health, A. I too have tried posting just to have it go away. Oh, My Mom has a special friend. She is a 86 and he is 76. She for sure has more pep in her step. LOL
Oh my goodness. This sounds like a sweet story. Would love to hear more.
zazz

United States

#100409 Sep 6, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is I Walk the Line Day? On this day in 1956, Johnny Cash hit the record charts running with I Walk the Line. Cash's debut hit song climbed to #17 on the pop music charts. Trivia fans: For 20 years, Roy Orbison lived next door to Johnny Cash. The men were neighbors in Tennessee, and they often collaborated together!
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100410 Sep 6, 2014
Viv wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Anne and Zazz,
Ahh... Funny Vic! Your mama has a toy boy! Does he have a little money stashed or would that be asking too much? Any hateful damned grown kids to make your mamas' life (and yours?) hell on this earth? My sons' latest g/f is eight years older than he is, doesn't have any money stashed but DOES gift him heavily and keeps running to him and hanging in there, BUT in his case I think he needs an older woman to help keep him straight which I've been unable to do!

Besides that, she a professional, is no whore and never has been to my knowledge,(his usual fare) also has several degrees in her field and is an asset in his field. Also has no children to cause trouble with HIS kid. MAYBE she will be worth it? Yeah for Carla, she's got my total approval and devotion. I've had to step in and take her side a few times while she sat neglected and crying after he attempted to dump on her, THEN blamed me for getting involved, but I only did what I had to do, thinking of HIS future. Shyt, if he doesn't have good sense where women are involved then mama has to take over, right Vic? Oh yeah, I'm totally rooting for Miss Carla! You get the picture.

On the other hand, years ago I dated someone who was nine years younger than I was and he totally made my life a living hell with his 'jerking me around' play-boy crap. Took me YEARS to get over the b'stard. The hammer can fall either way sweetie. SOOOoo, how do you like your prospective new step-daddy? he he....
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100411 Sep 6, 2014
Viv wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Anne and Zazz,
cont'd...

YES, I AM much better Vic, Jazz, my anony friend who used to post with us, and all those who prayed for me! I just can't thank those enough who prayed for me! God is merciful and kind. He DOES hear us, even when we are in limbo and too weak to plead for ourselves. It would be too painful to even cry so we don't. Prayer is a powerful thing to behold!

OH YEAH, I am sitting here with little pain andoff the pain pills; although I have lost my voice entirely, am only experiencing some pain while sleeping and my throat sticks together. That's not so pleasant, but still not so bad either, considering that I had been living with almost unbearable, intolerable pain even with the pain pills. My throat burned so badly from the laser procedure on top of the radiation damage throughout the area, that I honestly thought 'this must be what hell-fire is like, only all over your entire body'. Even water did nothing to relieve it, and that's the honest-to-god truth.

I still get the choking Vic, from food particles and some liquids going into my windpipe but that isn't so bad now either; just, I drink the buttermilk that you prescribed for me sweet friend, and it relieves it again! THAT is the only thing that has helped to stop the coughing and choking at all! I just can't thank you enough. NOW, if only you have some remedy for the dry throat sticking together while I am sleeping? THEN all will be well!

Ain't life grand!!!!? It REALLY is!
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100412 Sep 6, 2014
zazz wrote:
Did you know...
... that today is I Walk the Line Day? On this day in 1956, Johnny Cash hit the record charts running with I Walk the Line. Cash's debut hit song climbed to #17 on the pop music charts. Trivia fans: For 20 years, Roy Orbison lived next door to Johnny Cash. The men were neighbors in Tennessee, and they often collaborated together!
This is quite interesting re Johnny Cash. Not that he lived next door to Roy Orbison, but that he ever made it to the top in the first place, which is amazing. I liked him and his music so don't think I didn't; but I sat and listened to some of his music a few years ago and he couldn't carry a tune in a bucket! Not really.

Every bit of his singing is flat, throaty and harsh, has no tune, part of it is even 'talking through' and has no singing voice in it at all, and STILL he made it to the top of the charts. If you've ever listened to him as I have and really paid attention you will see what I mean. But he had a certain slow 'style' and it was different from the usual country singer.

His success HAD to be due to several factors and not just his singing voice as he really didn't have one. He was an ex-jailbird (more or less a deadbeat), the man in black, had his slow dead-pan swagger, usually drunk as a skunk; THEN he latched onto nasal-whine June Carter (or she latched onto him) and her mama, mother Maybell, while still married and in a drunken/doped up stupor; they propped him up, dried him out, and the rest is history. When you think about it, it must have been good sex as it sure wasn't much else except for those tunes they did together. Still, he managed to hit the top all by himself; so bully for Johnny Cash!
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100413 Sep 6, 2014
Anywayz, sorry, but I couldn't get back to this site since early in the week as my computer started acting up. We had a big storm and that caused a power surge. This surge damaged my monitor, causing my computer to flicker on and off, then immediately off entirely after I left my post a few days ago, I'm thinking it was Wednesday when it was actually up and running for a few minutes, then right back off for the final and last time. It wasn't until yesterday that I was able to get my son to go out and get me a new monitor, which for now seems to have solved the problem! I just hate when this happens. SOS.(same ole shyt).... If it isn't one thing, it's another....

Thinking of the sudden way Joan Rivers died; this procedure she had can be very risky as it can cause restriction of air into the passage ways and sudden death, depending on whether there is an obstruction in the throat, heart or lung problems. I've had it done six times, four in hospital clinics and two in the hospital, and all as an out-patient, which is very common as these clinics house all of the latest necessary equipment, use hospital staff physicians in these clinics AND properly trained professionals, just as hospitals do; mine were all while under anesthetic (propofol + general) with the anesthesiologist administering and standing by.

I was told by the surgeon on the second procedure that I might not make it through the procedure, that he had eight employees standing by just in case he had a problem and needed them; but we already knew that I did have an obstruction on the vocal cords. However, this poking into the throat is NOT performed unless the physician is looking for something in the throat, and my guess is that he WAS looking for an obstruction of some sort in Joans' throat. Being very familiar with this procedure and the symptoms leading up to it, I had already noticed that Joans' voice sounded very raspy, a little slower than usual, and labored, the last few times I heard her speak. It's a shame the autopsy is inconclusive. I wonder, inconclusive for what?

Hope we can get a little action around here soon.... It's been too dead for too long now. If it wasn't for Jazz keeping this site alive it would have already died its' final death. T/Y Jazzie!
zazz

United States

#100415 Sep 7, 2014
Did you know...

... that today (Saturday) is Fight Procrastination Day? Today is a day to get things done, a call to action. To many people, procrastination is a way of life. The more difficult the action or decision, the easier it is to join the league of procrastinators. Today is a day to fight procrastination. Make a decision. Take action. Do it now. Do it today. It may be hard to do, but, you will be glad you did!

==========

I'll start tomorrow. LOL.
zazz

United States

#100416 Sep 7, 2014

"A year from now you may wish you had started today."

Karen Lamb
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100417 Sep 7, 2014
zazz wrote:
Did you know...
... that today (Saturday) is Fight Procrastination Day? Today is a day to get things done, a call to action. To many people, procrastination is a way of life. The more difficult the action or decision, the easier it is to join the league of procrastinators. Today is a day to fight procrastination. Make a decision. Take action. Do it now. Do it today. It may be hard to do, but, you will be glad you did!
==========
I'll start tomorrow. LOL.
Mornin' Zazz! I see you're either up very early or pulling down another late nighter. Could it be you've been lyin' there procrastinating? Ha... I do it all the time. Been procrastinating over a couple of very important matters for at least two years, hardly know where to begin so I haven't. True story, many mornings, early, I actually wake up with these issues on my mind and STILL don't get going.

Only an idiot would sit around and ignore matters that could mean additional money in their pocket, which I happen to need, nonetheless, here I sit. And wait. For WHAT, for God's sakes! Then there's all the other procrastinating that goes on around here every day so nothing ever gets done. I call it 'biding my time'. Like that's ever going to produce any results.

But you've built a fire under me now. I think I'll make my list of things to do today and maybe that way I can get myself on the ball tomorrow?
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100418 Sep 7, 2014
zazz wrote:
"A year from now you may wish you had started today."
Karen Lamb
YES! I wish this every day!! If I'd actually started these things a year ago (or two) I might have seen some action by now. Duh.... Woe is me.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100419 Sep 7, 2014
MOrnin' Vic, how's it going? How was your summer with the boys? You must be glad school has started back, freeing up some time for your own personal chores? School in session also has it's mixed blessings, having to get up so early and all the hassles getting the kids either to the school bus or to school in time, then back to git'em and so on. And I DO mean early in many cases. In your case, as I recall, that would entail you having to get ready and go get the kids first?

My G/D used to have to leave this house at 5:20 in the a.m., in the pitch-black dark, to walk down to catch her bus,( beginning in kindergarten and on for a few years); getting back at 2:30. Now she leaves at 8:30 and gets back at 4:30, which is like it should have been all along. If you notice the one hour difference, she loses an hour somewhere, but what the hell, at least she can sleep a longer (we all can!) and not make us all crazy just trying to get her to the bus so early, which is way more organized and not so frantic.

I hear in some states action is planned to change the early start-time hours to a more reasonable time. Poor little kids, some probably have to go to bed by 7-8 p.m. just to get a full 8-9 hours sleep, which could also cause the parent (AND kids) a lot of hassle.

Have you had any luck with selling your house, or your sons' house, or finding a new area and homes that might work out? How's it going with your ex-DIL now that the dust has settled?(I hope!)
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100420 Sep 7, 2014
You'll all just have to excuse my typos and lack of careful proof-reading. I've got my mind on all those things I've been procrastinating on!
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100423 Sep 8, 2014
Mornin' All!

Nah... You guessed it. I did NOT get that 'things-to-do' list started yesterday. Damnit, double damnit. Gonna get it goin' today tho for sure! The procrastinating is eating me alive.

I'm finding myself trapped in this house I HATE and with NO equity. Now I'm really up shyt-creek. Shyt. Shyt. Shyt. Got no choice now but to pull myself together. My son would not be able to afford to keep up this house if he had too. Have GOT to get this worked out somehow....

Vic, I hope you & hubby and son are in a better position to move than I am, sweetie....

Subject change: I see where the elder Mr. Kathy, owner of national chain Chick-fil-A, passed on at 93. A sweet sweet man. He had every right to operate his (privately owned) businesses in accordance with his Christian views and practices. God bless him; may he RIP and every blessing be bestowed upon his family. BTW, the absolute BEST chicken sandwich and carrot/pineapple salad I've ever tasted! Wish I had one of each right now but no Chick-fil-A out here in the boonies.
zazz

United States

#100424 Sep 8, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Star Trek Begins Day? NBC-TV headed into "Space: the final frontier" on this day in 1966, showing the first episode of Star Trek, "The Man Trap." Trivia fans: Although Star Trek has become a cult phenomenon, the NBC series did not do well. It was regularly beaten in its time slot, and it placed #52 among all series in 1966-1967, its best season!

==========

This is still playing daily here. I've never seen an episode but did see part of one with Whoopie Goldberg.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100425 Sep 8, 2014
I wonder what is going on with the Joan Rivers investigation of the endoscopy outpatient clinic where she stopped breathing during her endoscopy? For all practical purposes, this is actually when she died even though she was kept on machines for another week; and I do know that sometimes people just can't be revived no matter what attempts are made. Her family and the media are certainly talking lawsuit loud enough to scare the socks off the principals of this clinic. They will dig out every rock they can to find a nickel underneath, with plenty of crafty lawyers chomping at the bits to take them on. I wouldn't have wanted to be one of her physicians for any amount of money.

I tell ya, it is not hard to stop breathing when your throat, windpipe and vocal cords are being constricted due to tubes being rammed down your throat. In my case, it was three tubes at one time; a breathing tube, a laser tube and a camera tube, with the anesthesia tube running through my nose. Those damned tubes were all ran down the right side of my throat, rubbing against the right back side of my tongue and throat throughout the entire two and a half hour procedure; which still had not healed entirely from the previous procedure I had done just two months earlier, ALSO irritating the earlier radiation damage in the area. The raw irritation caused by these tubes was terribly painful for a good three months afterwards. But how the laser surgeon could have done it any differently, I do not know.

It's a miracle anybody lives through some of these invasive procedures; and in my case it really was a miracle as I did already have lung and heart damage but there was no way to avoid this particular procedure, not if I wanted to continue to try to breathe with a throat that was closing up due to a rapidly spreading cancer. And it was another miracle when my throat started to heal up after two and a half months instead of the four months I was told it would take for the pain to go away. I have truly been blessed, I just wish it could have worked out differently for Joan.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100426 Sep 8, 2014
zazz wrote:
Did you know...
... that today is Star Trek Begins Day? NBC-TV headed into "Space: the final frontier" on this day in 1966, showing the first episode of Star Trek, "The Man Trap." Trivia fans: Although Star Trek has become a cult phenomenon, the NBC series did not do well. It was regularly beaten in its time slot, and it placed #52 among all series in 1966-1967, its best season!
==========
This is still playing daily here. I've never seen an episode but did see part of one with Whoopie Goldberg.
No Zazz... I did not know this! But this would be because I am not a Star Trek fan, or a fan of any other cult phenomenon, or anything else that is ghost-story related or fake. This automatically eliminates all of those kinds of shows. I flip by them once on the remote and that's it, I'm movin' on. I've even wondered if some of these shows are under the demonic influences of their writers and creators and the one thing I do not want to risk in my home is anything that is under demonic persuasion.

I've got enough to deal with just keeping everything here in it's proper perspective without inviting demons into the house. Nothing can make me flip the channel to a tv preacher quicker than some of these enticing demonic shows; just to get my bearings back. Heck, I even still watch Jimmy Swaggart every now and then, his son Donnie too, and have actually come to like and admire Pat Robinson.

My favorite types of shows are movies like Forrest Gump, On Golden Pond, or the family sit-com The Middle. Heck I still like the old Everybody Loves Raymond, The Golden Girls, Bonanza and Gunsmoke reruns. Although exaggerated and embellished, some of these shows are more realistic in my view as more than likely they were the way many lives were lived, or similarly.
Anne

Cape Coral, FL

#100427 Sep 8, 2014
Ooops. I meant to say Pat Robertson (?)... Not so sure now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 60,091
News Sheriff's Office: Watch out for criminal gypsie... (Mar '09) 1 hr Sly 26
News 50 dead in Florida nightclub shooting, worst in... 2 hr kuda 1,334
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 945
Adult Breastfeeding Relationship 2 hr Sierramikekilo24 1
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 3 hr Patriot 279
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr USAsince1680 1,395,134
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages