Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 97460 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#100079 May 19, 2014
Adoptive parents of missing teen Erica Parsons in court over custody battle

By: Caroline Vandergriff
05/15/2014 06:06 PM

CHARLOTTE- The adoptive parents of Erica Parsons are continuing their efforts to regain custody of their two youngest children.

Sandy and Casey Parsons appeared in a Rowan County juvenile court Thursday. They are fighting to get their two youngest children back, who were taken by DSS after Erica's disappearance.

Erica Parson was first reported missing last summer, but she hasn't been seen since late 2011.

Neither Casey or Sandy Parsons commented on what happened in court on Thursday. Angela Laubscher, Casey's aunt, said a judge decided the children will continue to stay with their grandparents for now.

Laubscher is optimistic the Parsons will regain custody.

"The judge was very clear that reunification is still in the process," said Laubscher.

However, several of Erica's advocates aren't sure the Parsons should get custody again.

"If you have a child missing, you don't need another child," said Cathy Rhodes. She is one of three women who started an online petition this week to help find Erica. "You need to come up with an explanation as to where that child is. You need to be out looking."

Rhodes hopes the petition pushes Gov. Pat McCrory to get involved in the case.

"Erica needs a voice," said Rhodes. "Erica needs to be found. Someone needs to answer."

No one has been charged yet in Erica's disappearance.

Laubscher said it's been a tough year for her family, but they're focusing on what's best for the Parson children.

"We'll always have hope for Erica, but right now we have to kind of consider Toby and Sadie, who are still here," Lauscher said. "We have to get justice for them."

In just 48 hours, the petition to help find Erica Parsons has received more than 250 signatures.

http://centralnc.twcnews.com/content/news/707...

Level 8

Location hidden

#100080 May 19, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Boy's Club and Girl's Club Day? There are clubs all over America providing safe recreational activities for our youth. They teach values and citizenship and help to keep kids out of trouble and off of the street. Today is a day to recognize the importance of these groups for our children and to the community. Celebrate today by getting involved!

Level 8

Location hidden

#100081 May 20, 2014
"Few things in the world are more powerful than a positive push. A smile. A world of optimism and hope. A 'you can do it' when things are tough."

Richard M. DeVos

Level 8

Location hidden

#100082 May 20, 2014

Did you know...

... that today is Pick Strawberries Day? Pick Strawberries Day is a sweet, tasty way to enjoy a late spring day. If your mom or dad ever took you picking fresh strawberries, you have a wonderful childhood memory. That memory is what will draw you to enjoy today with your own kids or grandkids! For those who have picked strawberries before, get out today and pick some. For those who have never picked them in the field, start a new tradition today!

Level 8

Location hidden

#100083 May 20, 2014
"You have made some mistakes, and you may not be where you want to be, but that has nothing to do with your future."

Zig Ziglar

Level 8

Location hidden

#100085 May 21, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is National Waiters and Waitresses Day? This day recognizes the value and importance of a good waiter or waitress. They represent the restaurant and are all the difference between a good or bad experience. You already recognize your waiters and waitresses every time you go to a restaurant by giving them tip. Today, if you have good service, give them a little something extra, either with an extra tip or letting them know how great they are!

Level 8

Location hidden

#100086 May 21, 2014
My fan club is shrinking. Come on, send your friends. I'm making lemonade and need more lemons. Love fresh lemonade.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100087 May 21, 2014

"When life's problems seem overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate."

Ann Landers

So true. When my baby was a toddler she was in the hospital for open heart surgery. I was feeling sorry for her and for myself in the ICU. Then a little girl died and I was thankful that my little one was going to recover and be alright.

It's all in your perspective and vantage point.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100088 May 22, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is National Maritime Day? In 1819, the steamship Savannah was the first to cross the Atlantic. It set sail on this day from Savannah, Georgia to Liverpool, England, thus marking the beginning of National Maritime Day, a United States holiday created to recognize the maritime industry.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100089 May 22, 2014
"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted."

Aesop
EyeOfTheNewt

Fort Myers, FL

#100090 May 22, 2014
zazz wrote:
My fan club is shrinking. Come on, send your friends. I'm making lemonade and need more lemons. Love fresh lemonade.
Your fan club isn't shrinking with me, Jazz. I've been very ill and in a lot of pain; many days and nights too sick to sit here for more than a few mins at the time, frequently just barely long enough to read your posts and check my emails. God bless you; I've enjoyed every one of them Jazz and look for them to bring a little comfort during this hard time of my life. I loved the Lear Google update you posted for me and enjoyed reading about him tremendously. T/Y dear friend!

I've left you some good judgeit clicks too but some nasty sicko person with a low mentality and lack of appreciation for the finer qualities of life always comes along and has them deleted and pounds their own evil judgeits on top of them. I'm sorry hon, you deserve all the nice compliments you can get. Too bad you don't get to see them.

The extensive laser procedure was done last Tuesday the 13th, so far I am still suffering in great pain but maybe it will ease up soon. You take care, lovely lady. I'm thinking of you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
EyeOfTheNewt

Fort Myers, FL

#100091 May 22, 2014
This is disgusting, Stupid wingnut doesn't realize that we know there couldn't possibly be up to 7 people clicking the spam, nuts and offtopic judgeits when there's only two posting here who want to argue, falsely accuse and cause trouble; one troll fat-ass retiree troll in Englewood, Fl and the other in Mich. Then there's the possible third one who hangs onto the Mich trolls'coattail and agrees with everything this blue-collar says. Duh..... Nobody else does this. Dummies, we know who you are.
EyeOfTheNewt

Fort Myers, FL

#100092 May 22, 2014
Internet Bully.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
EyeOfTheNewt

Fort Myers, FL

#100094 May 23, 2014
Having fun, cyberbully?

You are one big hunka fat adult cyberbully, trying to torment someone else. Thought you 'had a life'. Doing WHAT? You'd better watch it, God could strike you dead at any minute. THEN what?

No, I don't wish this on you; I'm not the one in charge of petitioning God to do anything about you, either pro or con. Just sayin' you'd better be paying more attention to your OWN accountability and stop trying to hurt another innocent person.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100095 May 23, 2014
"Choosing to be positive and having a grateful attitude is going to determine how you're going to live your life."

Joel Osteen
TheRealjrw

Cape Coral, FL

#100096 May 24, 2014
Anne,
Unlike you I do have a life . You can continue using ALL the names you wish to use including JRW !
You my dear are one sad soul ,and your hateful spew speaks volumes.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 8

Location hidden

#100097 May 24, 2014
Did you know...

... that today (SATURDAY) is International Jazz Day? International Jazz Day celebrates Jazz music and history, as well as Jazz musicians. Jazz music was born in America in the 1800's in New Orleans, Louisiana. Enjoy International Jazz Day by sitting back and listening to your favorite Jazz tunes!

Level 8

Location hidden

#100098 May 25, 2014
TheRealjrw wrote:
Anne,
Unlike you I do have a life . You can continue using ALL the names you wish to use including JRW !
You my dear are one sad soul ,and your hateful spew speaks volumes.
"Happiness and personal fulfillment are the natural consequences of doing the right thing."

Epictetus

Level 8

Location hidden

#100100 May 25, 2014
Armed Forces day is the third Saturday in May. This year it was the 17th of May.

I wish our country would make a bigger deal of this.

I know several people serving who are in danger daily. I pray they make it back alive and with their brains and limbs intact.

Everyone serving, both men and women deserve to be honored with a bigger day than we now have. It slips by largely unnoticed. It shouldn't. The men and women who are risking their lives and limbs are all volunteers. Without them, where would we be?

I don't know why it is celebrated so close to Memorial Day, when we honor our war dead, our heroes. Perhaps they should moved Armed Forces Day to a different month.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

PBS is airing a tribute to our war dead as I write this. Here it is repeated and well worth watching IMO.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Level 8

Location hidden

#100101 May 26, 2014
Totally off topic and irrelevant but so sweet.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/goat...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min gop idiots 1,274,803
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min Murphey_Law 502,022
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 10 min EXECUTE KID KILLERS 18,982
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 27 min Wiley_Kyote 72,620
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 38 min Doug77 22,471
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 1 hr Doug77 9,492
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 54,496
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages