Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98709 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Vic

Danville, KY

#100155 Jun 16, 2014
zazz wrote:
"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."
Jim Valvano
Zazz,

I had a Dad that always believed and was there for me. Yesterday I spent at the cemetery. Only way to show my love is to make his resting place beautiful. He's buried next to Kirt. I was and am a very blessed woman.
Vic

Danville, KY

#100156 Jun 16, 2014
EYE<

If your Dr. wrote you a prescription for the OTC thickeners would you insurance pay? We use to do it all the time when I worked in the pharmacy.
Vic

Danville, KY

#100157 Jun 16, 2014
Well, Crystal has lost custody of Jr. He is now with her dad Marty Sheffield. I knew it was coming and with GMS on her deathbed, TN was never the take care of children type of ole gal, Maria divorcing with her feller have beat her, well that left Marty Sheffield, Crystal's dad.

Goodness, they are all bound and determined to screw Jr. up and if having RC's genes wasn't bad enough. They all better hold on tight cause when Jr. grows up he'll make RC look tame. SAD
EyeOfTheNewt

North Fort Myers, FL

#100161 Jun 20, 2014
I'm sorry, and thank you, but I have not been able to get back here to respond to your posts. Please forgive. Some days I barely have the strength to sit here for any length of time. Oh, the unrelenting pain. I will as soon as I can.... Right now I'm just too loopy and weak from the pain and pain meds, to even think clearly sometimes etc.. My lovely brother and his sweet wife sent me a prayer cloth taken from Acts 11:19, and some anointed healing oil. This is in the Bible and I am believing for better days. Love you very much... xx000xx... Anne
zazz

United States

#100162 Jun 21, 2014
Vic wrote:
Well, Crystal has lost custody of Jr. He is now with her dad Marty Sheffield. I knew it was coming and with GMS on her deathbed, TN was never the take care of children type of ole gal, Maria divorcing with her feller have beat her, well that left Marty Sheffield, Crystal's dad.
Goodness, they are all bound and determined to screw Jr. up and if having RC's genes wasn't bad enough. They all better hold on tight cause when Jr. grows up he'll make RC look tame. SAD
Isn't he the one who was charged with sexual abuse of a child? Am I confusing him with another one from that clan?

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Melrose Park, IL

#100163 Jun 21, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't he the one who was charged with sexual abuse of a child? Am I confusing him with another one from that clan?
You are correct - Marty Sheffield has a child molesting police record.
zazz

United States

#100167 Jun 23, 2014
Volunteers, family continue search for Kyron Horman
Kyron Horman's mom says evidence continues to be found in the disappearance of her son

By KOIN 6 News Staff
Published: June 21, 2014, 5:27 pm
Updated: June 21, 2014, 5:54 pm

PORTLAND, Ore.(KOIN 6)— About 100 people were back out searching for Kyron Horman, who was last seen four years ago, on Sauvie Island Saturday.

Horman’s mother, Desiree Young, held a press conference to address the search. She said dozens of volunteers, including 6 or 7 dog teams, looked for her missing son in areas where other dog alerts had previously been reported.

Yound would not say exactly what they found because of the ongoing case but did confirm that search teams continue to find evidence in the case.

Timeline: Kyron Horman case

“We have lots of evidence. We just don’t have that final thing, the final answer. It’s frustrating. It’s not a stranger that walked into Kyron’s school that took him. It was someone in our trusted circle. We know who has the answer, she just refuses to talk,” said Young.

Horman was last seen at Skyline Elementary School four years ago. He was seven when he went missing.

Horman’s then-stepmom, Terri Horman, was the last to see the boy. However, she has never been formally charged or named as a suspect in his disappearance.

Young still encourages people to call 911 if they think they see Horman.

http://koin.com/2014/06/21/volunteers-family-...
zazz

United States

#100168 Jun 23, 2014
Madeleine McCann: Latest Search Turns up Nothing; Parents Travel to Portugal in Libel Case

By Jack Phillips, Epoch Times
June 21, 2014
Last Updated: June 21, 2014 9:51 pm

The search for Madeleine McCann, known as Maddie, yeilded no new results a few days ago in Portugal, according to reports.

The eight-day-long search in Portugal near where she was reportedly kidnapped came up short, police said.

London’s Metropolitan Police are trying to turn up evidence in McCann’s search. She disappeared around seven years ago on the Algarve coast in Portugal.

“The decision to search the ‘horse shoe’ shaped piece of waste ground to the west of Praia da Luz and other sites was as a specific result of the UK’s investigation work to date,” police wrote in a statement.“Forty-one ground anomalies were identified initially by both aerial survey and ground analysis which were then investigated fully,” the department added.

It added:“At this time no evidence relating to Madeleine McCann has been identified. However it has given us an essential understanding of the activity on and people that have used this piece of land.”

This week, the parents of McCann, Kate and Gerry McCann, slammed a former Portuguese police detective after he delayed a court hearing in the search for their daughter.

According to The Mirror, the McCanns delivered personal statement at the trial of Goncalo Amaral. Amaral is being sued for libel; he led the original investigation into the girl’s disappearance in 2007.

But he later wrote a book saying the parents allegedly covered up the girl’s death after she died in an accident.

Gerry said of the delay:“We’re exasperated that the hearing has been cancelled once again at Mr Amaral’s request. This is the fourth time this has happened and we’ve travelled to Portugal.”

He added:“The legal case has been running now for over five years and we want to get justice for Madeleine. Today is a blatant and cynical attempt to wear us down and it’s Madeleine who is suffering. We’re not going to give up – we’re going to keep going.”

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/753820-madele...
Rethink

Apopka, FL

#100169 Jun 24, 2014
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct - Marty Sheffield has a child molesting police record.
You are very wrong and need to ponder a bit more and have true facts,which you don't.You check the public records and you need to certainly correct your aforementioned statement.
Vic

Danville, KY

#100170 Jun 24, 2014
Marty had a cruelty to animals charge, dog fighting, I think. That's the only thing I remember. Crystal lost custody due to a violation probation
She can get JR back in a year. Wonder if Chloe's dad has her?
zazz

Hernando, FL

#100171 Jun 25, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Swim a Lap Day? Summer has arrived. It's time to enjoy all that summer has to offer, including plenty of time in and around the pool. What better way to enjoy the early days of summer than by taking a lap or two (or three) around the pool? Let the pool party begin!
zazz

United States

#100172 Jun 25, 2014
Mark Pearcy No Show in Court, Hearing Rescheduled

By WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News Staff
Story Created: Jun 23, 2014 at 8:12 PM CDT
Story Updated: Jun 23, 2014 at 11:29 PM CDT

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn.- Holly Bobo suspect Mark Pearcy was a no-show Monday in court but his attorney was.

Pearcy was picked up by federal agents on charges including having a gun as a convicted felon.

He and his brother are charged with tampering with evidence and accessory after the fact in the death of Holly Bobo.

The judge rescheduled his hearing for August 18.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Mark-Pearcy-...
zazz

United States

#100173 Jun 25, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is National Catfish Day? On June 25, 1987, President Ronald Reagan began a presidential proclamation with the words "More and more Americans are discovering a uniquely American food delicacy -- farm-raised catfish." And thus began National Catfish Day. You should have no doubt what to do today! Enjoy a plateful of catfish, cooked anyway you want.
zazz

United States

#100174 Jun 26, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Hot in Phoenix Day? In 1990, "The Arizona Republic" reported it was 122 degrees in Phoenix, hot enough to cancel some flights at the airport! Celebrate by staying cool today.
zazz

United States

#100175 Jun 26, 2014

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity."

Calvin Coolidge
zazz

United States

#100178 Jun 26, 2014
Lead detective in Parson’s case leaves Sheriff’s Office

Posted: 5:31 p.m. Tuesday, June 24, 2014
By Kathryn Burcham

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C.— Family members of a missing Rowan County teenager said they are losing hope after the lead detective on the case resigned from the Sheriff's Office.

In a Facebook post dated June 20, Detective Clint Mauldin said he was leaving his position at the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office after nine years to take a job in the banking industry.

Mauldin was the lead detective in the disappearance of Erica Parsons who was reported missing by her adoptive brother in July 2013.

Erica Parson’s adoptive aunts told Channel 9 in the past few days they had called for updates on the case and been transferred to Mauldin's voicemail but were never notified he had accepted a new job.

"No one called and told us. I saw it on Facebook yesterday. I've tried to reach out to him several times and left several messages but have never heard back from him," said Tammy Gray.

Another aunt, Robin Ashley, said she is worried the trail will grow cold and that an arrest will never be made.

"I feel betrayed. Let us know what you're doing. Tell us," Ashley said.

In a statement, the Rowan County Sheriff's Office said, "Detective Mauldin did accept a job in the banking industry as of last week, but he does remain with the Rowan County Sheriff's Office as an active reserve officer and is available to us as this investigation continues. First Lt. Chad Moose and investigator Sara Benfield have worked hand in hand with investigator Mauldin from the first day that the investigation into Erica's disappearance began. Their first-hand knowledge of this case will allow the investigation to proceed in a seamless manner.

"As you are aware, agents of the (N.C. State Bureau of Investigation) and agents of the FBI are also very much involved in the investigation of Erica's disappearance. Work by all of the law enforcement partners continues on this case at many different levels. With your experience of law enforcement investigations, I am sure you know that the investigation of a case of this magnitude never rests on the shoulders of one person."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/lead-de...
zazz

Hernando, FL

#100179 Jun 28, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is The Eagle Has Returned Day? On this day in 2007, the American bald eagle was removed from the endangered species list. Since the 1970s, the government has worked hard to save the bald eagle, which was dying off because of habitat destruction, illegal shooting and contamination of its food source. The birds will now be protected under the Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. Celebrate!
zazz

Hernando, FL

#100180 Jun 28, 2014

"Every human has four endowments -- self-awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom... The power to choose, to respond, to change."

Stephen R. Covey
zazz

Hernando, FL

#100181 Jun 29, 2014
zazz

Hernando, FL

#100182 Jun 29, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,745,191
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 13 min Mary NY 517,037
last post wins! (Jul '11) 13 hr Princess Hey 6,084
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 19 hr lisa 25,653
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sat STEAMY FARTS 64,570
News 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Sat The Peoples Media 3,138
Check Out What We Have TO Offer Sat enticingmoment 1

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages