Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98518 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#99880 Apr 27, 2014
"Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet."

Level 8

Location hidden

#99881 Apr 27, 2014
The Persians were the first to use colored eggs to celebrate spring in 3,000 B.C. 13th century Macedonians were the first Christians on record to use colored eggs in Easter celebrations.

Crusaders returning from the Middle East spread the custom of coloring eggs, and Europeans began to use them to celebrate Easter.

Level 8

Location hidden

#99882 Apr 27, 2014
Within two weeks of moving into a new house, the homeowner had to call an electrician, a roofer and a carpenter. One afternoon he returned early from work and saw a plumber's truck in the driveway.

"Lord," he pleaded, looking skyward, "please let her be having an affair."

Level 8

Location hidden

#99883 Apr 27, 2014
I'm almost next to Merlin
When it comes to his fame
Though to many men
I can be a pain
For I can be in the way
When I'm left too long
But to the wise, I might say
They sometimes think I belong.
What am I?

Level 8

Location hidden

#99884 Apr 27, 2014
ANSWER: A beard.

Level 8

Location hidden

#99885 Apr 27, 2014
In 2012, Americans spent nearly $2.1 billion on Easter candy, while Halloween sales were over $2 billion; Christmas, more than $1.4 billion; and Valentine's Day, over $1 billion.

Ninety million chocolate Easter bunnies are produced each year.

In 1953, it took 27 hours to create a Marshmallow Peep. Today it takes six minutes. Yellow Peeps are the most popular, followed by pink, lavender, blue, and white.

Jellybeans did not become an Easter tradition until the 1930s. They were probably first made in America by Boston candy maker William Schrafft, who ran advertisements urging people to send jellybeans to soldiers fighting in the Civil War.

Hot cross buns were among the earliest Easter treats, made by European monks and given to the poor during Lent.

Pretzels were originally associated with Easter. The twists of a pretzel were thought to resemble arms crossed in prayer.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99886 Apr 27, 2014
Racist my ass. I merely speak the truth which you can't take. I am neither black or part black, nor is my granddaughter or any other relative. Not that it would bother me either way.

Too bad I don't know who you are, I'd sue your ass. I could find out if I really considered you worth the trouble & legal costs, however, I just look at you as a piece of dead weight who thinks she's pulling her own weight but who lives off a husband and probably a gov'mt 'entitlement or two' who has no career or livelihood of your own; not worth the time of day. You have accomplished nothing with your life nor have you done anything with it that might benefit humanity; yet you accuse me of living in the past because I have.

This I DO know, you are a liar. You would sit there and tell me how much you 'loved' my posts and on and on you'd go with your cushy compliments to me, then in the end you tell me I am repulsive because you don't like my 'racists views' against those who mistreat blacks while you resent and hate them for the affirmative action that was required to enable them to get jobs. THIS makes you a racist which you prove AGAIN by calling me black or part black and attempting to defame me.

I suggest you get down to the church and bow the knee to the priest, kiss his 'holy' ring and repent. Not that it will do you any good since he is NOT an advocate with the father.... Try again, there's only one.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99887 Apr 27, 2014
Sami wrote:
Also, with how verbal & into politics, Anne is do you notice she has never said anything bad about Obama?? She never even mentions him? Gosh, everyone has something to say about Obama. Unfriggen believeable. I'm disgusted that I was actually conversing on and off with a true racist.
You have been sniffing paint fumes too long. Your already distorted mind is outa whack and has obviously run away with you. You live in an imaginary world of no return, listening to voices in your head. What you ought to be doing with your wasted time is zero in on a career as when you find your hubbys SS benefits won't feed you, you will certainly need one. Too late then. It's not too late to use what few brains you have left.

SOOO, I've never said anything bad about Obama? Why should I? What's the point in finding fault with him when his tenure isn't over yet. There's nothing I can do about anything that happens during his administration anywayz so why trouble myself by bellyaching, b'tching and complaining?

HOWEVER, to set the record straight just to appease your weak and troubled mind; I have nothing to say about Obama one way or the other; I don't follow him, I don't read articles about him, I don't watch his state of the union addresses. And why not? Because I don't care one way or the other so long as he has no personal affect on my OWN life, and if he DID, I'd try to work around it.

I was for Hillary and would have supported and voted for her. When she lost the nomination after the nation decided they'd rather have a black man in office than a woman,(ANY woman) that was the end of my interest in this particular administration. For your FURTHER info, I did NOT vote for Obama during either election; however, I did feel and DO feel that having him in office would beat having another repug in the white house at this particular time..

You need to learn not to get all worked up over people you hate, Sami. You're not too young to have a stroke and you sound like a prime candidate for having one.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99888 Apr 27, 2014
GM ALL!

"The Law of Attraction" is another great book.
"Magic" is a book I just got so I haven't read it yet, but it sounds inviting.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99889 Apr 27, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
The bailout money, our tax dollars, were paid out in bonuses by the banks and financial firms. Once again the public got screwed and the rich got richer.
ITA, exactly, they got bailed out, got bonuses, took company vacas and held lavish parties at hotels & resorts and business went on as usual with all the crooks. In the mean time we all got screwed....ugh
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99890 Apr 27, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I must weigh in here. I know racism still exists. However, I was shocked and horrified when reading the comments after Trayvon was murdered. There are many, many people who think Zimmerman is a hero because he killed an unarmed kid, strictly because he was black.
I still have trouble stomaching some of the things the racists say. Actually, most of the things they say. Hard to believe.
I wanted to respond to this before now Zazz. I read many posts on other blog sites after Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin. I could NOT believe the utter venom, biggorty and hatred that was spewed at this boy and his parents by more than 50% of the majority who posted, every one racists and haters of the black race; when he did nothing but show up walking in a neighborhood at the wrong time against a madman who was hell bent on stalking and killing him; just a young man innocently carrying his little bag of skittles and arizona ice tea home to his little brother to share, walking in the rain with his hoodie covering his head.

Here we had a couple of middle-class black parents, both legitimately employed and working hard, trying diligently to raise their teenage son just like any other normal white couple would have been doing; he gets a coupla weeks suspension from school due to minor infractions (no arrests, mind you), and mother sends son home to father for those two wks to deal with him. Nothing out of the ordinary about this.

He takes an innocent walk to the store and back but on his way back is frightened to death (literally) by a white man with a gun following him. We will NEVER know what Zimmerman actually said to Trayvon during his threatening hunt for Trayvon or how he actually shoved his gun on Trayvon, as we have only the word of a known liar and bully. But we DO know that he killed him in cold blood and more than 50% of the majority of this country supported him in the murder of a helpless 17 yr old black boy who did NOTHING to provoke his killer other than try to get away from him and protect himself! But the people loved it, so much that he got away with it! Yet racist hatred doesn't still exist? Says WHO?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99891 Apr 27, 2014
zazz wrote:
Eye, are you the realtor? Thought you might laugh at this. Well, we had a pleasant enough Easter Sunday, but the real adventure this weekend was house shopping. This Saturday was the first day we got out there and did some real looking. And the results were...disappointing at best. Those realtors really know how to take pictures! We picked about a dozen houses to visit based upon their pictures online. We would see a really cool feature we liked or a gorgeous lawn covering a spacious backyard, but when we got there what we found was a really cool feature that was shot from an angle that effectively excluded the holes in the wall or family of raccoons living in the room. Or the picture of the lush, green lawn never seemed to include the sinkhole that dominates the rest of the yard.
But, I guess those are the consequences of house hunting on a budget.
Ain't that the truth! I have a broker friend in Kisseeme (kiss'eem'e), near Orlando, who sends me photo listings as I've considered moving there off and on for sometime. What I look for in these listings is not so much what they are showing but what they AREN'T showing, also outlandish color schemes and bad kitchens & bathrooms that would need gutting and replacing. VERY costly.

But the thing that appalls me the most is how so many agents, including on Zillow in multi-million dollar listings, refers to interior design as "amenities", when amenities are exterior AREA plus factors such as garden shed, cabana, updated streets & drains, community club-house & pool, gated, golf course membership and so on. NOT interior features. Interior features are built-inside construction that go with the construction. I see listings that list the# of bedrms, baths, price & sq ft of the residence as amenities.

I can't believe that brokers aren't teaching their agents what constitutes an amenity. From that I automatically know that probably 50% of their listing is wrong. The minute I read one of these I think to myself that I'd have to write all the contracts myself if I were to deal with them, which I would likely do anyhow since I don't trust anyone to look out for me other than myself.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99892 Apr 27, 2014
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
ITA, exactly, they got bailed out, got bonuses, took company vacas and held lavish parties at hotels & resorts and business went on as usual with all the crooks. In the mean time we all got screwed....ugh
WE SURE DID! It was calculated that every adult in this country could have been given a million $dollars EACH for the same amount of the free bailout! AND, If we had been there would have been no more housing industry crash and everybody could have gone back to work and paid their bills including their foreclosures. Only trouble is, it might have created an inflationary factor that would have sapped up their found dollars, then what would it have accomplished in the end? Hard to say, but I'd sure have liked to have had the privilege of finding out!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99893 Apr 27, 2014
I hope all is going well for you Vic. I know how hard it is to track down boxes, pack, clean, sort out and pitch, maybe even set up a yard sale, PLUS start looking for another residence and in your case TWO residences. Be sure to take a break every now and then Vic; this is hard work and VERY frustrating. Miss you.

You too King George. Haven't seen you around for awhile. How's your wrist and work going for you? I hope you are getting better and finances are working out for you. Do you think you will be happy with the new Obama Healthcare program?

I thought about looking into it myself then thought maybe I'd better not mess around with what I already have, which is costly and leaves me with huge copays and some drugs and tests not covered at all, but it could be worse. It was even worse when I had Humana, which I found many doctors wouldn't even accept, which also had higher copays, so thought maybe I'd best leave it alone until I can learn more about it. Like you; it's not like I have a husband over here keeping me up and providing medical insurance for me! I have to look out for myself.
Blu link

AOL

#99894 Apr 27, 2014
No one really knows the truth about Obama care. Some claim its wonderful and others say to stay away from it as long as you can. I think the ones who like it are the ones who had free Health care
allready and Obama care switch is still free for them.( welfare )
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99895 Apr 27, 2014
Blu link wrote:
No one really knows the truth about Obama care. Some claim its wonderful and others say to stay away from it as long as you can. I think the ones who like it are the ones who had free Health care allready and Obama care switch is still free for them.( welfare )
Thank you for your response. Not sure about this however. Sometime last year it was computed that there were more than 40 million Americans who had no coverage at all. The percentages of these were given as to how many were medicare, medicaid, welfare/SSI recipients many who also had medicare coverage which paid for more than 90% of their medical costs. SS beneficiaries have plans that cover 20% of their medical costs with many having SS drug coverage plans and some having private supplemental plans that pickup the slack that their SS plan doesn't cover.

The highest percentage with no coverage were single parents, divorced and widowed persons who had no coverage at all, with many married couples who were both employed but could not afford medical coverage for their families. Then it turned out that there were many who thought their existing coverage would be transferred to them under the Obama Care Plan, LIKE HE PROMISED, only to find out that it couldn't be done. Jesus, any fool ought to know that you can't promise what some other private sector might or might not do; hence I would have never believed that in the first place before messing up my existing coverage; which some of these who cancelled cannot get their private coverage back.(Is that enough criticism of Obama for you Sami, even tho it doesn't affect MY life one iota?).....

All I really need is a supplemental plan that would pick up my exorbitant copays and drugs costs but have not been able to find one that I can afford. This is pretty much all I would want Obama Healthcare for but I don't know if they provide such a thing, do you?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99896 Apr 27, 2014
I made a typo above. I meant to say that SS beneficiaries have medicare medical coverage (if they subscribe and pay for it) that covers 80% of their medical costs, NOT 20%. This does not include their drug copay costs unless they pay for a separate medicare drug coverage plan which also doesn't cover all of their drug costs. Just a typo. Sorry.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99897 Apr 27, 2014
BTW 'Blue' Link.... Do you have any idea about Obama Healthcare Costs? My cousin in Ala who is retired from the Ala Public Schools System has a son in his 40s with a serious heart problem but has been unable to get approved for SSI benefits. Talk about a struggle, this poor guys' got one. My cousin has to take food and meds to him often.

He has no verifiable income to speak of, but has to work under the table for a little cash here and there doing whatever odd jobs he can just to survive. She said he said that the costs of the Obama Healthcare Plan was way out of his ballpark. But then, I don't have any idea as to what he/they might consider too expensive. Do you have any idea as to the cost of this plan for just one single person?

It was nice to see ya!

Level 8

Location hidden

#99898 Apr 27, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
I wanted to respond to this before now Zazz. I read many posts on other blog sites after Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin. I could NOT believe the utter venom, biggorty and hatred that was spewed at this boy and his parents by more than 50% of the majority who posted, every one racists and haters of the black race; when he did nothing but show up walking in a neighborhood at the wrong time against a madman who was hell bent on stalking and killing him; just a young man innocently carrying his little bag of skittles and arizona ice tea home to his little brother to share, walking in the rain with his hoodie covering his head.
Here we had a couple of middle-class black parents, both legitimately employed and working hard, trying diligently to raise their teenage son just like any other normal white couple would have been doing; he gets a coupla weeks suspension from school due to minor infractions (no arrests, mind you), and mother sends son home to father for those two wks to deal with him. Nothing out of the ordinary about this.
He takes an innocent walk to the store and back but on his way back is frightened to death (literally) by a white man with a gun following him. We will NEVER know what Zimmerman actually said to Trayvon during his threatening hunt for Trayvon or how he actually shoved his gun on Trayvon, as we have only the word of a known liar and bully. But we DO know that he killed him in cold blood and more than 50% of the majority of this country supported him in the murder of a helpless 17 yr old black boy who did NOTHING to provoke his killer other than try to get away from him and protect himself! But the people loved it, so much that he got away with it! Yet racist hatred doesn't still exist? Says WHO?
I agree with every word. This murder riles me as much as the murder of Caylee does.

I've never believed a word of what Zimmerman said, none of his various versions. It Trayvon had been white, Zimmerman would have been convicted.,

He claimed Trayvon saw his gun while he was on top of him. That means Trayvon had X-Ray vision.

I think Trayvon was afraid when he saw the drugged, drunken man stalking him. He was a kid and didn't know what to do. When Zimmerman accosted him, I'll bet he thought he was a pervert. I think he punched him to try to get away.

None of the scratches on Zimmerman point to his head being bashed. Hell, he didn't even require a band aid. We all know his nose wasn't broken or he would have gone to an ENT and had it seen about.

Interesting how they tried to vilify the unarmed boy who had no criminal record and chose to ignore the criminal past of Zimmerman.
EyeOfTheNewt

Fort Myers, FL

#99901 Apr 28, 2014
I've been trying to respond to this for an hour Zazz, but cannot get my post to go through. Refreshed the page several times and still can't. I'll have to get back to it later....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Stragglers 1,603,028
News Student zapped by Taser leaves juvenile detenti... (Mar '08) 3 hr Thaliamar Jimenez 161
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) Sat Angela 40
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sat Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Sat Murphey_Law 513,687
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sep 22 LizW 73,841
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Sep 22 james52 244

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages