Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98403 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#99512 Apr 12, 2014
NO wrong again

Gosh I've woken up with a big ole lump on my right temple that's sore.
I think it's taken over my brain. LOL

It was Hope's mom, Belcher what is it Sami,

I hope they're not after wood bees. They are hard to kill cause they burrow deep into wood. THis is true. Sis has them bad but LOL knock on wood no wood peckers have been seen. THey'll probably show up this year.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99513 Apr 12, 2014
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
Sami,
Just found out and not by Sis that he didn't get on the bus this afternoon. She found him walking down the sidewalk on the way home. He walked there straight from school and lied again saying he missed the bus. I called her but didn't bring it up waiting for what the hello she did. SHe said nothing so I guess nothing was done. She is almost 70 years old. I realize this but she has a bio son that's a hugh man that told her did she want him to step in she said nothing.
Her son and I want to help, she needs our help, son is playing her, I don't want to alienate my sis. I did right after her husband died, cause the boy was stealing his father's old coins, and just had my youngest gs hanging out over their treehouse, shaking him. When I found this out I couldn't get near that boy. So I called and told her he needed to be sent somewhere for awhile, scared straight she said she wasn't ready to give up on him. It's not but Sis without or with our help can save him. He's about scared of me cause I have told him he better be. I'd knock him out,down, and around for the safety of others and himself.
He's got to know that for ever action there is a reaction and you say what you mean and you mean what you say. ANy and all suggestions will be so apprectiated. That's why so many of these kids are still in the system. It's not their fault they've been damaged by the drugs that were in mom's system while pregnate and screwed up genes. I can see him fighting them, saw it when he was just a child, but then you could control. My brother in law God Rest His Soul was younger than me but he's not here. He's not here to help.
Goodness I don't believe in Karma cause what in the Hello have I done in my life to have all this on me and the ones I love. I am by far no angel, never have been, but it's been this shyt for seventeen years. I'm sorry, I know so many have it soo much harder but darn it.
Vic, a tragedy in the making? IMO, the boy needs professional counseling that you or your sister cannot give him. I would caution you, be careful how much time your G/Ss spend around him. He could have an adverse affect on them. Negative influence.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99514 Apr 12, 2014
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
ugh, they're a pita. My neighbor had the bee problem a few yrs. ago and had to get an exterminator to get rid of them as they were in her attic, then got into her top floors. Yes, one yr. my husband did remove the nest and close up the hole so it just made another one. Now we keep patching the same hole every friggen yr. It comes every spring and every fall and leaves after it's baby birds hatch. Gosh, I thought if they chipped away at steel or something they would break their beaks too. What is creosote?
Creosote was a wonderful product but highly toxic. It had a flame retardant in it, as well as a wood insect infestation retardant in it. Since this house was made of logs, my husband painted the entire house in this dark brown creosote, with the windows, doors and hand-hewn front porch columns all painted in white. He did the painting himself and had to wear protective clothing and gloves to keep his skin from getting burned from the creosote. The house was beautiful and the creosote highly effective, but shortly after this creosote was taken off the market. My husband was only able to find one 5-gal bucket for retouch before the last recall. It was never replaced by anything that ever worked as well as the creosote.
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#99515 Apr 12, 2014
Girls,

I'm been wrong on so many posts this morning just skip over. Nope Eye I'm glad that it is leaving my memory. You are right about RC.

Sami,
I wouldn't pop him in the head for nothing and Yeah right about the thread mill. I will get him alone and talk of expecting him at least don't lie, It's a terrible habit that just has to be stopped.

I talk big and bad but I'm really not. He knows it, heck I just want him and all these kiddos to enjoy their youth, have some good ole laughs and fun. When they get to be teen agers all those hormones and such kicks in and they look for things to pout and be all moody .
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#99516 Apr 12, 2014
Eye,

I don't leave them alone with him and they don't want to be. Sis's oldest son and I talked for hours last night. We decided that he will talk and watch closely his behavior. We will not tell Sis that we know what she is telling the other.

Yes Eye this is very serious cause he does such rash an reckless things. He begged my son for a sleep over, his first with the boys without me present. My youngest GS could have been seriously hurt and they were so frightened they didn't tell their dad. Of course Drama was still home and between babysitting her down and out in the bed, depressed Xanaxed out POS, trying to fix breakfast for them that's when he went crazy.

I knew nothing until they got off the bus 2 days later and they were still afraid. I knew something was wrong and soon as I looked at them.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99517 Apr 12, 2014
Vic wrote:
Girls,
I'm been wrong on so many posts this morning just skip over. Nope Eye I'm glad that it is leaving my memory. You are right about RC.
Sami,
I wouldn't pop him in the head for nothing and Yeah right about the thread mill. I will get him alone and talk of expecting him at least don't lie, It's a terrible habit that just has to be stopped.
I talk big and bad but I'm really not. He knows it, heck I just want him and all these kiddos to enjoy their youth, have some good ole laughs and fun. When they get to be teen agers all those hormones and such kicks in and they look for things to pout and be all moody .
lol, awe, I know your just a lil sweetie and just want the best for the kids otherwise you wouldn't waste your time. I dunno, but maybe there's a reason he doesn't like to take the bus. My senior is now 18 and has pretty much grown out of all the fits and sneaky crap and now it's my middle son's turn...lol They're great kids, but as you said, they all go through those mouthy, trying to get away with stupid stuff yrs. They're good kids and we just plan on keeping them that way. They should know by now that we're not dumb, blind or deaf. I've not only taken away my middle sons phone but I call and have his service turned off. It's free. So he thought he could text on his ipod, so I take that away too....lol
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99518 Apr 12, 2014
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
ugh, lil stinkers. Ya know I have two teenagers and one who says she's a preteen at 11...ugh Even the best of kids can and will be defiant. My husband is a push over and I'm the "mean/strict momma." lol I noticed they like to see what they can get away with and don't understand what the word "No" means when they want to go somewhere or do something. However, I remember doing he same thing, always saying, but why, common, blah, blah. Gotta love those good ole TA'ers...lol
Ha... I never saw anything like it Sami, my G/D started pre-teening at 10-11 yrs old! Now she is 12 and dresses/acts like she is going on 18! I laugh at her sometimes, sometimes not so much. She orders things from a couple of teen sites on the interwebs. The other day a coupla pairs of full length panty hose came in her order, one flesh tone with black polka dots, the other open weave sexy black fish net. OMG! She tried them on for me and I just sorta didn't say much on the dotted one but the fish net? Oh shyt. I said to her, I don't know honey, maybe you'd better let daddy see you in those, he might think you look like a little w'hore. She says oh no I won't, and took them off right away. She hasn't had either pair of them on since. Unfortunately, she had thrown away labels, tags and torn up packaging, so now she can't return them.

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. Her mother was/is a w'hore, prostitute and a dope addict, sometimes working the streets and even getting booked. Worst, she is a pathological liar from childhood, maybe even from birth. I have NEVER seen anyone who can lie so fast and convincingly. I listen too and pay attention to my G/D, just waiting for these genes to surface. She knows tho, that I'm listening and knows she can't sneak the first little white lie or scheme by me.

My two sons are a different story. Everything could be at perfect peace then my older son would come in with a nasty hostile attitude, then within minutes my younger son was bellowing HIS nasty attitude. It is highly contagious. That's why I warned Vic about not allowing her G/Ss to spend much time around her sisters 'lying son.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99519 Apr 12, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Creosote was a wonderful product but highly toxic. It had a flame retardant in it, as well as a wood insect infestation retardant in it. Since this house was made of logs, my husband painted the entire house in this dark brown creosote, with the windows, doors and hand-hewn front porch columns all painted in white. He did the painting himself and had to wear protective clothing and gloves to keep his skin from getting burned from the creosote. The house was beautiful and the creosote highly effective, but shortly after this creosote was taken off the market. My husband was only able to find one 5-gal bucket for retouch before the last recall. It was never replaced by anything that ever worked as well as the creosote.
thanks for the info. I still remember when oil paint was popular. I accidently bought that for the porch of one of my old rentals and my friend who helped me paint couldn't get the paint off of her for days...that porch was also really slick...lol
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99520 Apr 12, 2014
Vic wrote:
NO wrong again
Gosh I've woken up with a big ole lump on my right temple that's sore.
I think it's taken over my brain. LOL
It was Hope's mom, Belcher what is it Sami,
I hope they're not after wood bees. They are hard to kill cause they burrow deep into wood. THis is true. Sis has them bad but LOL knock on wood no wood peckers have been seen. THey'll probably show up this year.
No it goes there to lay it's nest cuz I hear the birdies when they hatch. At our old house I had three hanging flower pots on my front porch and every yr. the same bird would put a nest in the same flower pot closest to my front door. That didn't bother me, but this is really a pita, not only cuz it wakes me when it flutters around, but we have to keep going all the way up high and patching the same damn hole.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99521 Apr 12, 2014
Here's a good ne, so another stupid lie by Relisha's gm. We know she gave Tatum's phone # as being a Dr. and then he called the school or cps posing as a Dr., but disappeared before he was to meet them. Anyway, gm says her M's sometimes look like D's and she mean't to write Mr. Tatum instead of Dr. Tatum. Can you friggen believe this? M's look like D's? Do these ppl even know what friggen idiots they look like and are?
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#99522 Apr 12, 2014
They told me and I told them they would never be left alone with him again. I called SIs and she said that he had told her it didn't happen.

I didn't speak to her for 4 months.

I have got to keep close close tabs on it and let my nephew do the talking to both his mother and brother.

His bio dad was in prison by a young age he died there. Mental illness on both sides, OH goodness. Environment most of the time loses out to heredity.
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#99523 Apr 12, 2014
Eye,

I'm sorry about my posts today guys. I just hope I don't stroke out. I'm serious. Between this mess and that mess I;m stretched to the max.
They all, all of them have just about done me in. I love them so but what can I do. Nothing I have no control but they want me to fix it.
Is it me?

I told hubby I feel like packing and fleeing to parts unknown. I'm serious.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99524 Apr 12, 2014
Vic wrote:
Girls,
Sami,
Vic, it's okay about the Ron & Annette/Skank mistakes and forgetting the past lives and names of inbreds, cons and ner'do-wells. Jeeez, it's been five years or more, right?

Good luck to both you and your sister in helping this son. I'm sorry to say but there's some bad genes mixed in there that are going to be very difficult to overcome without professional guidance. That's just one of the reasons I recommend professional counseling for the boy. It was a lifesaver for my G/D, and for me, when I took her to counseling after I got custody of her. In fact, as bright as she is, and with early puberty already setting in, I'd like to start taking her back again soon just so she was stay on the right track and remain stable inher teenage years. These good child counselors do know what they are doing . It's frightening how bright, talented and brilliant some of these kids are, just to have to watch them throw it all down. Worst of all; this sneaky lying business is VERY frustrating and upsetting.

I know you and your sister and her older son are doing all you can to get control of him. Even as much as you all love this boy and want to help him; you couldn't pay me a mil bucks right now to take on the job this woman has staring her in the face with this son. This is a tough one. My heart really goes out to your sister and to you.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99525 Apr 12, 2014
Vic wrote:
They told me and I told them they would never be left alone with him again. I called SIs and she said that he had told her it didn't happen.
I didn't speak to her for 4 months.
I have got to keep close close tabs on it and let my nephew do the talking to both his mother and brother.
His bio dad was in prison by a young age he died there. Mental illness on both sides, OH goodness. Environment most of the time loses out to heredity.
How old is this kid and what did he do to your gs's. I'm sorry, but I must have missed it. I just got the not taking the bus and lying part.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99526 Apr 12, 2014
Vic wrote:
Eye,
I don't leave them alone with him and they don't want to be. Sis's oldest son and I talked for hours last night. We decided that he will talk and watch closely his behavior. We will not tell Sis that we know what she is telling the other.
Yes Eye this is very serious cause he does such rash an reckless things. He begged my son for a sleep over, his first with the boys without me present. My youngest GS could have been seriously hurt and they were so frightened they didn't tell their dad. Of course Drama was still home and between babysitting her down and out in the bed, depressed Xanaxed out POS, trying to fix breakfast for them that's when he went crazy.
I knew nothing until they got off the bus 2 days later and they were still afraid. I knew something was wrong and soon as I looked at them.
Wow Vic, this is what concerns me most. This boy could become bullying and dangerous; or is my imagination running away with me? I don't think so. He needs to be watched closely and kept away from having any type of influence over your young grandsons. If nothing else, he certainly could have a detrimental affect on the personalities of your grandsons, would even influence them on learning how to lie and get away with it.

Absolutely, no more sleep overs with him on the premises, either at his house, your sons, or your own home. Good luck skirting around it with your sister, but I just simply would not allow it again. Would you allow it if he were not related to you? No ma'am you would not. Let that be your guide.
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#99527 Apr 12, 2014
Thing is he's been in what comp care and is on some kind of ADD med.
She hasn't educated herself on how many mental illnesses there are,
Comp care is a joke.

Well, what books do you recommend that I get her so she can understand more about what to look for, As I said she's old school, been very protected by her hubby. He handled most of son's behavioral problems, now he's with a 86 year old woman, 70 year old and his sister. She is the sweetest, lovable, his exact opposite. She is strong as an ox and she takes none of his bull. He's scared of her. I told her to keep up the good work. She's my eyes and ears when I'm not there.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99528 Apr 12, 2014
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, awe, I know your just a lil sweetie and just want the best for the kids otherwise you wouldn't waste your time. I dunno, but maybe there's a reason he doesn't like to take the bus. My senior is now 18 and has pretty much grown out of all the fits and sneaky crap and now it's my middle son's turn...lol They're great kids, but as you said, they all go through those mouthy, trying to get away with stupid stuff yrs. They're good kids and we just plan on keeping them that way. They should know by now that we're not dumb, blind or deaf. I've not only taken away my middle sons phone but I call and have his service turned off. It's free. So he thought he could text on his ipod, so I take that away too....lol
Ha ha... that'll teach 'em. You're a good mommy Sami. You go girl!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99529 Apr 12, 2014
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
No it goes there to lay it's nest cuz I hear the birdies when they hatch. At our old house I had three hanging flower pots on my front porch and every yr. the same bird would put a nest in the same flower pot closest to my front door. That didn't bother me, but this is really a pita, not only cuz it wakes me when it flutters around, but we have to keep going all the way up high and patching the same damn hole.
Yep, I'm sure you can hear them up there, day and night. Very annoying and a pain in the butt to get them out of there too. Awful.

At this house, I had something buzzing 24/7 above the ceiling in my bedroom. When I went into my bathroom I could hear this buzz even louder. It got so that I hated to even go in there as there was this buzzing day and night, never stopping and sometimes getting louder. It bugged the shyt outta me. I had my son listen to it and he agreed, there's a buzzing up there. We wondered if it might be some sort of electrical transformer up there but decided neither of us would go crawling up there thru itchy insulation to find it. And, what could we do about it if it was an electrical connection even tho we had no fluorescents in this house so what else would need a transformer connecting gadget?

Finally, I concluded that it almost had to be bees or something like that but we didn't have any bees flying around outside the house. Well, as far as we could see there was no way for anything to get in there other than through the attic ceiling crawl space in the garage which is always kept closed, or maybe somehow through an exhaust pipe that goes up through the roof. This buzzing went on for over a year, I even became worried that they were going to find a way into my bedroom or elsewhere in the house. One day it stopped cold turkey. No more buzzing and I haven't heard it since. Have never known what the hell it was, or where it went, and don't guess I ever will.
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#99530 Apr 12, 2014
Okay

Sis kept a lot of secrets and I was busy cause my Mom was living with me so she didn't know, I was busy with my gs and her so I didn't know/
It wasn't until her husband was diagnosed with cancer, Mom moved over to live with her and I would go to see Mom and help Sis that we knew.
Sis is a very private person, it wasn't until Mom moved in that I was at her house a lot after son had become a teenager. Now, I would be there but not with children cause mom and dad were together and I would go after they went home or it was mom's day off.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#99531 Apr 12, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha... that'll teach 'em. You're a good mommy Sami. You go girl!
lol, I don't play around. I don't just take car keys eiher I take the plate off the car....roflmbo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Henry 1,536,116
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... Fri Eagle 12 462
News Deltona tops 90,000 residents in latest Census ... Fri Fitus T Bluster 1
News Research: Dropouts flee area schools (Oct '07) May 24 Willieneal123 55
News Live updates: Universal Orlando's Volcano Bay w... May 24 Cheryl Throne 1
News Wal-Mart bolsters area footprint with two new w... May 24 Cheryl Throne 2
News Lockheed Martin Orlando unit seeks incentives t... May 24 Cheryl Throne 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance