Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 97449 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99397 Apr 6, 2014
Ooops... I meant to say "HIS" mother, not 'her' mother... Sorry. I shoulda proofed it before I posted it. Duh....

VIC,((((((HELLO)))))) where the heck are you? Are you okay? Is all well on the home front? Hope to hear from you soon... like maybe today?

You too, Ponderings.... I hope you can use some of those internet news source outlets I posted for you. I have not read a newspaper in something like eight years; they're already outdated by the time you get them; also don't watch any news channels on tv, not when it's all right at your fingertips on the internet and continuously updated.

The Washington Post (on-line edition) is another fairly decent one too but I forgot to mention that one. I used to LOVE the Rocky Mountain News out of either Denver or Boulder; they were the best ever and had fantastic journalists who covered vast amounts of news from all over the country, but went belly up last year with no follow up as to where any of these journalists went.

And NO, I do not watch Nancy ; haven't watched her ever since she sucked up to Hardy & Ron (side by side) and IGNORED the first 911 call that was made to the PCSO at 2:13 a.m. and WHO MADE THIS CALL, and pretended that Mistys' call at 3:27 a.m. was the first and only call that was ever made reporting Haleigh missing. SHE is a former prosecutor? She knew better than to project this lie! WHAT A GAME THAT B'TCH PLAYED WITH THE VIEWING PUBLIC. IMO, she's another one whose headed straight for hell for her lies, tricks, schemes and devices. This is not what I wish on her, it's what I think.....
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99398 Apr 6, 2014
Lest we not forget, NancydisGrace ALSO encouraged Cindy & George Anthony in their humongous lies and deceits, and personally helped them get away with their massive lies, cover ups and perjuries; claiming she would do the same thing if one of her children went missing. Oh my, all the sympathy and pandering she exuded towards them while they covered up Caylees' murder and she KNEW it.

IMO, She ALONE and single-handedly helped to destroy justice for the innocent and murdered babes in this country while she covered up for them. She did the same thing with POS Hardy, for Ronald and all of the Cummings. She never cared one iota for finding either Caylee or Haleigh or bringing their REAL killers to justice. She is an evil woman.

NOW we have every other parent lying and hiding to protect their 'lost' and abused and murdered children and grandchildren, and prosecutors scared to prosecute them. Oh, she'll get hers. It's just a matter of time.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99399 Apr 6, 2014
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe, Anne, I know, it breaks my heart. This poor lil girl was even asking, begging for help and there was nobody to help her. That pos mom cared more about her men and her drugs than her children like we hear way to often.
Who in the he-- were the other two guys and lady who were at the hotel with Tatum and his wife the ngt. she got murdered? Why would they go there instead of the house for even a meeting. I think if they find out what went on there, then they will get some answers and I'm sure they have a vid of those ppl.
I read the entire link you posted Sami, and this is tragic beyond words. This darling child was just so gifted and talented and SO smart. No one to love or care for her, which is all she ever wanted. It sounds like the one person at her school who frequently tried to clean her up was the only one who actually cared about her. This poor child. It breaks my heart reading all she went through in her short life; ALL caused and contributed too by her POS dope-addled so-called 'mother'. She never had a life and had no way out.

To think, she actually wanted to be with this Tatum janitor man who I feel sure was molesting/raping her all along, yet she would rather have been with him? OMG, how sad.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99400 Apr 6, 2014
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
He was arrested in 2013 for stealing from his stepfather, and this article says that he was arrested twice in 2010 on drug charges.
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-04-05...
See what I mean? Just another piece a shyt who belongs in the cell next to slick Ronnie. I'd guarantee you, he's another one who knows what REALLY happened to sweet Haleigh; may have even had a hand in it.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99401 Apr 6, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a better man than I am Gunga Din!!! LOL. I would have opened the door and said " take it to the pound so they can find it a good home". I am a dog person, not a cat person. I do think cats are beautiful to look at, but not to own. I just wouldn't let anyone bring an animal into my home without permission. Guess I'm not very nice. Maybe when I have grandchildren I will soften up. Maybe.
Zazz, it would have been more trouble for me than having the cat around. Had I refused the cat, which I didn't even know they had brought home the night before, until the next morning; it would have been hell let loose around here with my son bellowing and acting like I didn't care about my G/D's feelings. It just wasn't worth the possible outcome.... Just a big hissing fit, and then my G/D crying, and I still would have had to back down just to have peace around here. In every case, I try to see the end of the road ahead of time. It usually works. But make no mistake, I DO have control of this fly swatter and water pistol. They can p'ss and moan all they want too, but this cat is NOT going to rule my home.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99402 Apr 6, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Her parents were POSs. She raised herself from about 8 years of age. I think she credits her learning self reliance under those circumstances with making her into the woman she is today. She was drinking and drugging from about age 12 and straightened herself out from that also. My childhood hardships taught me a lot but I would rather have had a more loving upbringing. Regardless of what I learned, it left it's scars. I certainly agree with you about love. Look what it did for L'Wren Scott.
Drew Barrymore is one of the few Hollywood celebrities that I actually have a deep admiration for. Sweet girl, basically raised herself and fought her battles alone. She came out well for it, I just hope she always can hold onto to her lifes' hard-won treasures and not slip back.

McKenzie Phillips is another one I like and with deep pity. What a POS her father The Great John Philips was, then left her to endure the pain and drug addiction he caused her all of her life. I have no doubt that he really did keep her drugged and raped from the time she was a young teenager, then had her convinced they had a 'together' special relationship and it was 'love' as she got older. He should have been shot in the head for what he did to her, yet she actually still loves him. Unreal. Poor girl. She probably cries every day of her life.

It's unbelievable all those who don't believe her and tries to make a liar out of her, particularly Michelle Philips who was right there had HAD to see the signs; particularly when some of their close band members saw and knew what was going on. Just by making it public, MacKenzie has a tragic life now and will for the rest of her life; which she already had anyway, drugging and keeping her secrets and trying to live with them, knowing the sick relationship she had with her father. I can see why she felt she had to stay stoned.

Sad. I wish her the best, tho I sense no one in Hollywood wants anything to do with her now. Another young girls' life destroyed by her own incestuous father raping her, that now no one wants to believe. I hope she can keep her feet on the ground in spite of them.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#99403 Apr 6, 2014
"Immature people always want to win an argument, even at the cost of a relationship. Mature people understand that it's always better to lose an argument and win a relationship."

Author Unknown

It depends upon what the argument is about. Sometimes the relationship isn't worth saving. Something the argument is worth more than the relationship.

Level 8

Location hidden

#99404 Apr 6, 2014
Did you know...

... that today is Pilot License Day? William P. MacCracken, Jr. earned license number 1 when the Department of Commerce issued the first aviator's license on this day in 1927. Trivia buffs: Before accepting the license, MacCracken had offered the honor to Orville Wright, promising to waive the fee and examination. Wright declined because he no longer flew and did not think he needed a Federal license to show that he had been the first man to fly.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99405 Apr 6, 2014
zazz wrote:
"Immature people always want to win an argument, even at the cost of a relationship. Mature people understand that it's always better to lose an argument and win a relationship."
Author Unknown

.It depends upon what the argument is about. Sometimes the relationship isn't worth saving. Something the argument is worth more than the relationship.
Agreed and well spoken. As you can understand, I have to keep peace in my home even if it includes a smart-ass cat (first hateful cat I've ever known!); and not keep a pouting/yelling fest going on with my son, which would automatically include his daughter having hurt feelings against me. But make no mistake, I WILL get control of this cat even if I have to chase him down and swat him with the broom a few times when no one is looking. haha...... He (nor they) is going to rule my home. Period.

Level 8

Location hidden

#99406 Apr 6, 2014
Sami wrote:
GM Zazz & All! IMO Perrywinkle's pos mother should be in prison. She handed her daughter over to this monster. She didn't call LE right after the monster and her daughter left the store cuz she gave her daughter to him. She even lied to LE on the phone. iirc Cherish was found dead within a few hrs. after they left the store. It seems like he rape her and killed her immediately, so an AA wouldn't have made any difference. She endangered all of he children by getting into a van with a stranger in the 1st place. We teach our children not to talk to strangers and certainly don't et into their friggen vehicle. She got into his vehicle with her children, hung out with him at walmart and the $ store for hours, letting him go into the f--ng dressing room with her daughter, then she let her daughter leave with him. My god, the daughter thinks the mother knows right from wrong and trusted her mother's decision, believing her mother would protect her, but her screwed up mother did not.
Cherish, was suppose to be on a plane at 5ish am to visit with her father. Why did this pos have her at the stores at 11ish at ngt.? I betcha her bags weren't even packed and she had no $, so how was she going to get her to the airport? No clothes, no sleep, no $. She had no intentions on putting Cherish on that plane. The father should fight for charges to be brought against that evil pos.
I so agree, she belongs in prison.

This reminds me of Shaniya Davis whose mother traded her for drugs. The man raped her then murdered her.

Sounds like this woman did the same thing whether for drugs or money, she allowed a stranger, a pervert, pedophile to just walk away with Cherish.

I always think not only of the physical pain these precious little children experience, but the terror they are experiencing. It's just so sad that so many of these people who should be in prison have unfettered access to innocent children.

Level 8

Location hidden

#99407 Apr 6, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed and well spoken. As you can understand, I have to keep peace in my home even if it includes a smart-ass cat (first hateful cat I've ever known!); and not keep a pouting/yelling fest going on with my son, which would automatically include his daughter having hurt feelings against me. But make no mistake, I WILL get control of this cat even if I have to chase him down and swat him with the broom a few times when no one is looking. haha...... He (nor they) is going to rule my home. Period.
A pop with newspaper which scares them because of the sound can help. The water gun also is excellent. Most of them don't like to be sprayed with water.
Sami

Howell, MI

#99408 Apr 7, 2014
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I so agree, she belongs in prison.
This reminds me of Shaniya Davis whose mother traded her for drugs. The man raped her then murdered her.
Sounds like this woman did the same thing whether for drugs or money, she allowed a stranger, a pervert, pedophile to just walk away with Cherish.
I always think not only of the physical pain these precious little children experience, but the terror they are experiencing. It's just so sad that so many of these people who should be in prison have unfettered access to innocent children.
GM Zazz & ALL! Yes, it's just awful and sad. IA, I can't imaging the terror. I mean they think they're safe since heir own mom told hem it's ok. How would she think anything else. You're suppose to trust that your mom knows best and is looking out for your best interest and will always protect you. Mom's are the ones who tell you and teach you not to talk or go with strangers and run if they come close to you and here this pos so called mom put her three children in a strangers van and then let this stranger take her daughter and told her daughter to bring her back a cheeseburger. UGH, her other children were taking away from her and iirc I'm sure she gets anymore visitation as she wasn't appropriately with them when she was under supervised visitation. She has some nerve blaming the LE for anything when she is the one who handed her daughter off to this monster to be raped and murdered.
Sami

Howell, MI

#99409 Apr 7, 2014
lol, poor Anne, my daughters friends cat his having a liter and we pretty much said she can have a kitten...ugh I like cats, but have never owned one. he is a doll, she is saving her lil $ and making a list of all the things the kitten will need. I find more & more list everyday..lol However, it may seem mean, but it will have to be declawed. I'm sorry, but I can't have it ruining all of my furniture. When we 1st got our puppy, she did a pretty good job and when she finally got trained we bought new furniture and I'm not gonna have it ruined again.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99410 Apr 7, 2014
Sami wrote:
lol, poor Anne, my daughters friends cat his having a liter and we pretty much said she can have a kitten...ugh I like cats, but have never owned one. he is a doll, she is saving her lil $ and making a list of all the things the kitten will need. I find more & more list everyday..lol However, it may seem mean, but it will have to be declawed. I'm sorry, but I can't have it ruining all of my furniture. When we 1st got our puppy, she did a pretty good job and when she finally got trained we bought new furniture and I'm not gonna have it ruined again.
There can be nothing sweeter than a darling cuddly kitten, but it does require planning and training in the early stages to keep your house from getting destroyed, and as they get older if they haven't learned to obey as a natural habit, and don't even touch, they will destroy everything in sight. That is so sweet, your daughter is already planning for her baby kitten. The love of a cat can be emotionally therapeutic for a child, I know; getting a cat for my G/D is what helped to stop her nightmares and bed-wetting after I took her out of her drug/abuse nightmare.

In Deerfield Bch I had no problem with the cats. I had a rear screened in porch with a cat door built in and the cats came and went as they pleased, they ate out there and had no smelly liter pan. It was the ideal situation. But after I sold that house I had to place them all as I had decided to take an out-of-state friends' condo until I could find another house. In Boca Raton, I had a cat door installed in the garage door so the new cats that showed up could come and go as they pleased and again it worked out fine. It was during this time I was fighting for and got custody, then decided to move over here on the west coast to get rid of my troubles with my G/D's mother and again had to place all the cats.

My G/D at 4, was living a nightmare of screams, bad dreams & nightmares and I was taking her to counseling, but it was then, or by the time she was 5, that I took her to the pound and let her pick out a kitty, thinking this might bring her comfort while she slept. It worked; best thing I could ever have done.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99411 Apr 7, 2014
cont'd...... But this cat was no trouble. It was an older female, already spayed and trained and so humble and sweet. She wanted out sometimes in the daytime so we let her out. She dug a hole under the wild bushes and would go in there to get out of the heat and avoid the bobcats who would lurk. In the evenings we called her in and she came running.

She loved my G/D dearly and slept with her every night. She seemed to know what her job was and did it, cuddling and sleeping up close to my G/D every night, an angel kitty. It wasn't long before my G/D's nightmares, screams and bed-wetting stopped, eventually with only an occasional bed-wetting episode which made her feel so bad and which I ignored like it never happened.

HOWEVER, it was during this period that my son & G/D brought home another little cat they found somewhere that was sick and near death and we saved its' life. We called her Little Flower. This cat grew up, got out, and not much more than a kitten, got knocked up and now we've got 4 darling baby kittens. It was these kittens that destroyed my home and everything in it; all during which time I was sick (bladder cancer from which I've since recovered) and unable to function many days and had to just let it go while the kittens reaped havoc in my home. I decided, what the hell, I'll just get new furniture; which I still haven't done, thinking one day I'll move and then replace the furniture. So far, haven't been able to work the $ out.

THEN, my son decided when my G/D was ten to take her and move in with his (former) G/F in Sarasota; so I/we placed all the kittens and Flower and they took my G/D's angel cat with them and then I had no cats. It was while they were up there that the cat disappeared one day. Now they're back and have brought in this NEW cat, an older male who must have been neutered late as he acts like a hell-cat at times. He is liter-pan trained, thank God, but still has to be trained to stay off things and STOP that damned clawing on my good, expensive dining room chairs that the kittens had already partially ruined but which I am planning to reupholster. THIS cat is a constant pain in the butt.
Sami

Howell, MI

#99412 Apr 7, 2014
Awe, Anne, that was a great idea for your darling GD. iirc wasn't it you who was feeding all the ferel cats too or was that Vic?

My daughter has had her rabbit for 3 1/2 yrs. now and it's funny as heck. It's a smart lil thing. We're done with hamsters as we've went through like 7 of them...ugh Had a couple hermit crabs, but those things don't live long either. My son does have his tarantula that he's had for over 10 yrs....
King George

Seymour, IN

#99413 Apr 7, 2014
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe, Anne, I know, it breaks my heart. This poor lil girl was even asking, begging for help and there was nobody to help her. That pos mom cared more about her men and her drugs than her children like we hear way to often.
Who in the he-- were the other two guys and lady who were at the hotel with Tatum and his wife the ngt. she got murdered? Why would they go there instead of the house for even a meeting. I think if they find out what went on there, then they will get some answers and I'm sure they have a vid of those ppl.
I think I found one of them.
At first, reports said that Relisha was believed to be with two men. Tatum and Ricky Sheridan Lyles.
The Red Roof Inn where Mrs. Tatum was found dead was in Oxon Hills, MD. That's where Ricky Lyles lives.
I read one article that said Lyles was the man who was helping Tatum find a handgun. Another article I read said that the three people in the room with Tatum and his wife left. One of them came back later and picked Tatum up. That article said that the one who came back to get Tatum was the same man who had been trying to help Tatum find a handgun.
King George

Seymour, IN

#99414 Apr 7, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
See what I mean? Just another piece a shyt who belongs in the cell next to slick Ronnie. I'd guarantee you, he's another one who knows what REALLY happened to sweet Haleigh; may have even had a hand in it.
There was a theory along those lines.
That theory explained why Misty wasn't home when Tommy pounded on the door, and why Timmy and Chelsea packed up and moved across the country.

I'll post it as soon as I have some free time.
Sami

Howell, MI

#99415 Apr 7, 2014
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I found one of them.
At first, reports said that Relisha was believed to be with two men. Tatum and Ricky Sheridan Lyles.
The Red Roof Inn where Mrs. Tatum was found dead was in Oxon Hills, MD. That's where Ricky Lyles lives.
I read one article that said Lyles was the man who was helping Tatum find a handgun. Another article I read said that the three people in the room with Tatum and his wife left. One of them came back later and picked Tatum up. That article said that the one who came back to get Tatum was the same man who had been trying to help Tatum find a handgun.
Tks., KG, ok, isn't he was the one who they were looking for along with Tatum on the AA, then they took his name off. So then there's another guy and a woman driver. I just can't wrap my mind around why they all meet at a hotel in the 1st place.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#99416 Apr 7, 2014
Sami, there are video tapes your daughter can order that will tell her step by step how to train her kitten. She will only need one. My G/D got one when she first got her angel kitty, I think it was "How to train your kitty 101." Very simple instructions and not expensive at all. She watched it over and over and loved this tape. Only thing was, this cat didn't require much training. The video also outlines what she will need for her kittys' new home.

Not much is required; just a litter pan (with a top cover on it as they will scratch out liter), scented odor protective liter like Arm n Hammer which you can also sprinkle baking soda on top of; a water bowl and a food bowl, also a plastic or rubber mat to set them on. The water bowl and food bowl needs to be separate, not the kind that are built side by side (too messy and too much trouble to keep them clean); a sturdy scratching post, a little rug that is her own (my cats would never sleep in their own little cat bed, no point in wasting money on it), and some cat nip to sprinkle on their rug every now and then just for fun,(it makes them sorta drunk and they love it) and a few inexpensive cat toys. Nothing expensive.

The good liter pan and the scratching post will be the most expensive outlay. Start the kitten on 'kitten dry food' as soon as you can; it is better for them, not only that, it is not as expensive as canned cat food which stinks up your house and draws insects.

Have her put it ALL in her bedroom; the cat is hers' and she's on her own...... including emptying and cleaning the liter pan..... ta da.....!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 min ANGHARAD 501,409
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min USAsince1680 1,262,813
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 38 min Princess Hey 72,429
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Archie 54,332
The alphabet (Jun '06) 2 hr Just Roxie 1,392
News Marni Jameson: We truly deserve luxurious sheets 5 hr Judge Gary J Dean 2
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 11 hr A duck 18,329
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages