Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98520 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98589 Jan 28, 2014
GOOOOOD morning Vic, Zazz, King George, Ponderings and ALL... I trust you're all off to a nice day with life perking along comfortably~!

All is good here, life is grand. Gotta look at it this way... it could always get worse and probably will. Just glad when nothing is grabbing at me for the moment, that makes it good, right?

Vic, how are you feeling? How's you foot? I should have suspected when you mentioned having restless leg syndrome that you had the big Arthur waiting to attack you, but I didn't. Were you able to start on the Fish Oil and MSM supplements yet? And maybe a little Tylenol PM at night so you will sleep a little more restfully and don't wake up with Arthur hitting you first thing in the AM? If you haven't already started them Vic, get those supplements as soon as you can. I promise you, PROMISE YOU; they WILL help and you won't have to resort to that evil Celebrex with its' death trap side effects, or some other evil arthritis killer pill that WILL kill you one way or another.

I know you have to get off to an early start in the mornings hon, and are in a humongous rush, so will check back with you later. Everyone, have a good day... KG, thank you for explaining some issues to me, will have to get back to your posts later, am off and running today. xx00xxx to all....
Vic

AOL

#98590 Jan 28, 2014
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a link to the search warrant for Timothy "Sammy" Young's home.
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2011/01/...
Under Items To Be Seized, the warrant states:
"any items that would indicate that Zahra Baker had been in or on the premises and specifically a mattress, with a mattress pad and sheet located at the side of the residence."
The warrant goes on to tell the tale that "Sammy" told a friend, and states that officers found the mattress with a large dark stain on it. Sammy's brother says that he'd gotten drunk and peed the bed.
And - "Police did not remove the mattress."
http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Search-warrant...
Even though the warrant ordered them specifically to seize this mattress and bring it in as evidence;
even though "Sammy" told someone that Zahra was bleeding from her private area after having been raped by both he and his brother - and the large dark stain on the mattress might well have corroborated that story - the mattress was NOT taken in.
KG,
Thanks for the links. My problem with the last report about the mattress not being taken is who gave them this info; my guess S.Young. He's the only one that said nothing was taken.
I've read a couple of articles where the source was LE that this mattress was seized. I believe it was taken in, what they did with it, my guess nothing. JMO
Vic

AOL

#98591 Jan 28, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
GOOOOOD morning Vic, Zazz, King George, Ponderings and ALL... I trust you're all off to a nice day with life perking along comfortably~!
All is good here, life is grand. Gotta look at it this way... it could always get worse and probably will. Just glad when nothing is grabbing at me for the moment, that makes it good, right?
Vic, how are you feeling? How's you foot? I should have suspected when you mentioned having restless leg syndrome that you had the big Arthur waiting to attack you, but I didn't. Were you able to start on the Fish Oil and MSM supplements yet? And maybe a little Tylenol PM at night so you will sleep a little more restfully and don't wake up with Arthur hitting you first thing in the AM? If you haven't already started them Vic, get those supplements as soon as you can. I promise you, PROMISE YOU; they WILL help and you won't have to resort to that evil Celebrex with its' death trap side effects, or some other evil arthritis killer pill that WILL kill you one way or another.
I know you have to get off to an early start in the mornings hon, and are in a humongous rush, so will check back with you later. Everyone, have a good day... KG, thank you for explaining some issues to me, will have to get back to your posts later, am off and running today. xx00xxx to all....
Hey Eye,
Foot is much better, thanks. I started the fish oil Sunday, Walmart was out of MSM but told hubby to check back Wed. so I'm going tomorrow. I did read up on MSM, Sulfur. Thanks for telling me about them. I've already increased my water intake, by no means was I drinking enough.
Boys went back to school yesterday and had a one hour delay today due to low temps.Hard to get those buses rolling. I've got alot of coats boys have outgrown that I'm going to drop off at school tomorrow. My community has such a bad drug problem and so many children are doing without.
How are you feeling? Sleeping any better? Well got to go. xoxoxoxo
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98592 Jan 28, 2014
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
KG,
Thanks for the links. My problem with the last report about the mattress not being taken is who gave them this info; my guess S.Young. He's the only one that said nothing was taken.
I've read a couple of articles where the source was LE that this mattress was seized. I believe it was taken in, what they did with it, my guess nothing. JMO
Hey Vic! At the time the house and attic was searched where Zahra had been forced to live and was raped so many times; it was my belief that it was THIS mattress that was seized by LE, as I remember reading how the floor underneath the mattress had to be dismantled and torn out due to the urine, etc., saturation from the mattress onto the rotting floor underneath it. Could it be that this is the mattress you are thinking was seized by LE?

As to whether they actually took the mattress in or if they just pitched it, who knows? They certainly proved that they didn't really care about this helpless child's tormented death when her father wasn't prosecuted and charged in her death, and when her evil she-devil step-mother got such a short sentence. SOO little they cared as long as they didn't have to dirty their own hands or smell the putrid rot.
King George

West Lafayette, IN

#98593 Jan 28, 2014
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
KG,
I'll go look again, Vic.
There were two mattresses involved in that story. The first was Zahra's mattress from the bed that she slept in at home. Police found that mattress in a landfill, and they did take that one in.
The second was the mattress from Sammy's house.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98594 Jan 28, 2014
Glad to hear you're having some relief with your foot Vic. I hope it continues. I really do think you will start seeing some real progress once you have about ten days of the Fish Oil & MSM supplements in your system; and in my case, even less time that that. I can tell a big difference just when I skip a day or two.

Sleeping a little better the last night or two, still having too many wake up times disrupting my sleep though and many of those times I can't go back to sleep. It's not insomnia, I've never been plagued with insomnia; usually I can sleep just about anywhere, any time. It's the choking/dry coughing and sometimes the pressure due to the tumor I had removed from my bladder a couple of years ago. My son has gone this afternoon to look at humidifiers for me. Thank you friend, I appreciate this wise counsel!

That's a good idea to drop off the boys outgrown coats at their school. Wish I'd thought about that when I had to get rid of so many of my G/Ds' good clothes that she had outgrown. Most of them I dropped off at the Women's Abuse Thrift Store as they resale them cheaply, way cheaper than Goodwill. IMO, Goodwill is overpriced on a lot of their stuff, when some of the old stuff they have overpriced should have been placed in a garbage bin.

I've thrown out some older clothes that were better than some of those I've seen at Goodwill, but would have been too ashamed to offer them to a poor person. Poor people deserve better than some of this Goodwill stuff and certainly at a cheaper price. I've seen old stuff being sold at Goodwill that a parent could have gotten new at Walmart for the same price!

There's a lot of drug usage out here too Vic and so many poor children receiving free breakfast & lunch. My G/D's school even gives out backpacks of food and snacks for these poor children for the week-end, to anyone who lines up, no questions asked. Good food and snacks! They line up and are given a backpack stuffed full of food on Friday as they are being picked up after school, then return the empty backpacks on Monday. They have community outdoor festivals every year to pay for the food & snacks. What a wonderful thing!
Vic

AOL

#98595 Jan 30, 2014
Eye,

Are you okay? Check in if you can. xoxoxoxoxo
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98596 Jan 30, 2014
Vic wrote:
Eye,
Are you okay? Check in if you can. xoxoxoxoxo
I'm okay, you sweetheart you! Am just rushing out the door now though, for doctors' appointment, also have coupla other stops to make. Will have to check back in later... probably much later. Thank you hon, for caring. Have just been overloaded, that's all. xx00xxx..
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98597 Jan 31, 2014
Morning Vic, KG and ALL....! I hope everyone is off to a nice day and looking forward to a relaxing week-end. I'm sorry Vic, there was no way I could get back here last night. As it turned out I had several stops to make on the way to and from my doctors apt down in Venice; it was late when I got home, was cold & exhausted and went to bed.

The weather has turned really nasty down here. When I was in Venice yesterday it wasn't so bad, was real chilly but I was wearing a knit hoodie so was comfy. Damn. I get 35 miles back up the road coming home, get out of the car to go into the grocery store and it's colder, then come out of the store and it was at least 20 degrees colder, whipping a blowing rain and freezing!

This nasty weather has been threatening us for better than a week now, raining off and on, cold and getting colder, now looks like it might snow but is pouring rain and I mean REALLY cold! I kept my sweetie home yesterday because she had a slight fever and a cough, keeping her home today too as she is still a little feverish and sneezing; says she's feeling better but I'm not about to send her out in this nasty cold rain.

I just feel so bad for you all, living in and having to trudge around in the nasty and dangerous ice and snow, freezing cold rain and blizzards, would freeze to death if you had to stay out in it very long. I know you get used to it, but I tell ya, I could never take it again; I also wanted to say that if anyone is planning a trip to Fl, better check on the weather conditions first. It is NOT a happy camping ground at the moment.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98598 Jan 31, 2014
Vic, here's a little encouraging update. My ENT in Venice has found someone in Sarasota who does the CO2 Laser treatments without me having to go up to Moffitt Center. He got an appointment with him for me on the 10th, but wants me to try to get an earlier appointment, which I plan to do;

since the tumor on my vocal cords has returned since the radiation and apparently is fast growing, and since the laser treatments can only be done prior to the tumor reaching a certain stage, which he has expressed some concerns about. He understands tho, that I'd be willing to go as an experimental patient if it has reached an 'over the boundery' stage in progressing. The question will be then, if the doc up in Sarosota will do the laser treatment even if I am willing to take the risk. Will let you know how the appt turns out.

How's Arthur coming along so far. Any progress yet? I forgot to tell you that you need to had double doeses of multi-vitamins to the regimen of Fish Oil and MSM tablets; also 5,000 mgs of Vid D if you aren't already taking it...
Vic

AOL

#98599 Jan 31, 2014
Hey Eye,

Thats' great news. Praying that the procedure can be done and your vocal cords will be saved and cancer-free. Yes, please keep me updated.

I didn't know how far south the cold temps dipped into FLA. Several years ago I took a trip to central FLA, Kissimmee, in eary Jan. THe temps dropped to below freezing. It felt much, much colder. I had to get back to KY. to get warm.LOL

Well, Drama's reared her ugly head again. She knows a court date is coming so here comes the phone calls. She's picking up the boys this afternoon. Boys want me to do a drive by the house to make sure she's there. She cann't understand why they don't want to be with her, why they don't trust her. Of course she's claiming its my son's fault. She's one sorry POS.

I went online and got son's call log for several months. She called them twice in Dec and that's her average. She has a pattern, the only times she calls it's due to a court appearance. I hope the judge doesn't buy into her mommy dearest act. All I know is this ,if a mother wanted to see and be with her children she'd let no one stand in her way to get to them. I would, you would, that's what mother's do that truly love their kids.

Hope your sweetie gets feeling better and you don't get sick from being out in the freezing rain yesterday and being around her little germies.
Well got to run.xoxoxox
Oh, thanks I started on the MSM. I will double the dosage on both and I've been taking Vit D for several years. Thanks again. Did you get the humidifier, hoping it works for you.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98600 Feb 2, 2014
Mornin' Vic! It's dense and foggy down here, but not as cold as it was. Normally I love the rain but the rain we were having off and on for days was so cold! I can take anything but the cold windy rain. It chills to the bone. When I think of the miserable fall & winter you've all had though, I feel like a big cry-baby even mentioning it. My G/D is fine now, it was the right thing keeping her home from school a coupla days. And thank you; no, I did not catch her germs.

Your ex-DIL in one POS Vic. She only called those boys twice in Dec, and there it was C'Mas month? Did she even call them on C'Mas day or C'Mas Eve? Or take them C'Mas shopping or to any C'Mas nativity scenes or plays? I could probably answer that without you even thinking back on it.$20 bucks for C'Mas? Was this $20 bucks each or $20 bucks to split between them? I can guess; no C'Mas gift or thank you card to you for raising her kids for her? She works, right?

I don't get it Vic, how these judges can let these sorry tramps go on living their disgusting trashy lifestyles with their men while they do nothing for the poor little babes they leave behind, not even caring if they eat. She knows their daddy can only earn so much and that if you weren't helping him he wouldn't even be able to hire an outside sitter and feed them, yet this POS abandons them and leaves him/them/you to fend for yourselves. She ought to be whipped.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98601 Feb 2, 2014
How did it go for the boys when she picked them up Friday afternoon? Poor little boys. They are at her mercy,'does she love them, or doesn't she' is always on their little mind; will they see her, won't they see her, will she call or won't she? It is SO sad for them, never knowing.

Of course, they're not old enough or wise enough to know what a real dog she is or that she only cares for herself and her bed partner. It is SO sad to see these abandoned children grieve and long to be with a tramp of a mother who doesn't love them while they hold onto any little scrap of affection they think is love. It is really heartbreaking.

It is ALSO infuriating to the one who is giving her life, health and everything she has to raise THEIR kids. That would be me and YOU and other grands like us who sacrifice our time, money and lives to raise THEIR kids! They take advantage of our love for THEIR kids I know, it's not for HER that we are doing it, but what we are doing DOES deserve some appreciation from these tramps that we never get. We are the last thing on their stupid "I've got it made" mind.

They act like they are doing us a favor,'letting' us raise their kids! We know of course, that the kids are better off with us and we treasure every moment with them; but that's not the point. We can't even take off a sick day now, HER kids are our responsibility. I'm not on a pity-party and I'm sure you aren't either, but these really are the facts.

I just hope that someday they get it back, the kick in the teeth they dole out to their kids, to their kids pathetic father who has to struggle SO hard, and to US whom they use up until there is nothing left to use; but I sure don't see it happening yet, do you?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98602 Feb 2, 2014
I wanted to mention Vic & all, that on top of being bogged down in other matters, I have been a little under the weather and that's another reason I haven't been around so much lately. I have so much to do now, am spread thin in every direction, and know I'm never gong to get it all done. I guess the truth is that I'm getting a little weaker. So there you have it, but I'll still check in as often as I can.

I'm not hinging much hope on the laser treatments, Vic; my voice is already gone. I can only speak at a whisper now, and some days barely even that as trying to speak at all has become a real strain. But not to worry, all is good, and I'm still managing. Just pray. THERE's the key. On the brighter side, there is always hope and life is good!

You know, I think and live as 'a mover and a shaker' so I'll still be perking along and thinking ahead as long as I can and still have the presence of mind and strength to do it. I have been SO blessed in my life time; I am not one who ever lived in despair (at least not for very long) or ever got down in deep depression. I was just never effected that way, no matter what awful thing came up or how hard life became; and BELIEVE me, many times it did, but I could always see ahead, think ahead, make a plan and pull myself out of whatever the problem was; let the chips fall where they may, and keep moving forward.

Some people just can't do that and I feel sorry for them; but at the same time I could never understand why they couldn't see the good in life and all the advantages they still had no matter how hard things were. To me, the brighter side always surfaced that topped off any state of depression I might have fallen into which I certainly could have and almost did a couple of times; so yes, I have really been blessed! THIS, my friend, is a gift from God.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98603 Feb 2, 2014
Here's the low-down about the child support, Vic. I don't know how much your ex-DIL earns, but you can count on the court giving her a break. The b'tch ought to be charged with child abandonment and that house and it's equity given to your son (and the boys); PLUS any income tax refund she might get; as that's exactly what she did. She abandoned them. Any man who walked out on his family would have been charged with child abandonment and the home plus other assets given to the wife/mother; but not HER. That's not fair, Vic.

I shudder to think how little she is going to be assessed to pay in child support. If she had not already been ordered to pay a certain amount and failed to do it, then your son might not even be entitled to back support from her. In my sons' case, his ole-lady (I call her that since he never married to the b'tch, THANK GOD he had sense enough not too); was only ordered to pay support from the date he filed for child support and she was ordered to pay a certain amount, with the back arrearage counted from the date the court ordered her to pay it.

Well, she didn't have a job, she was living off her most recent man and street w'horing for dope, but her last job had been working as an attendant in a seven-eleven convenience store or one of those places, so her amount of child support was based on what she had last made at that place. WHICH she had been fired from. Bottom line, she was ordered to pay a mere $70 a week, which INCLUDED the accumulated arrearage she owed, which calculated to be a certain amount spread out to be a small amount added INTO the weekly payments and that's how it totaled $70 a week. She got arrested for not paying it so she had to get another one of those jobs. NOW she's been ordered to file an income tax return and whatever refund she is entitled too is to go to my son towards the back support she owes. But has she filed yet? Hell no. She will drag it out til the last day since she won't be getting it. But after that, how much in support will he get,$40-50 a week? Probably. Believe me, you ex-DIL will be the winner.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98604 Feb 2, 2014
King George, I'm sorry hon, but I still haven't gotten back to reading the links or listening to the videos you posted, but I still plan too as soon as I can. I HOPE in the next day or two. I don't remember where I read it, but I read somewhere a couple of days ago that Casey Parsons made a statement saying that she had told the truth about everything and that there wasn't anything more to tell. You believe that shyt!! I certainly don't.

There's plenty more to tell. As you know, she's even justified herself for continuing to cash the checks that were intended for Erika's support for the last couple of years when Erika was nowhere around, no one even knew where the child was, and no such person ever existed that Casey made up and claimed she turned her over too. For this alone, I can't understand why she & Sandy haven't already been arrested.

I just hope she doesn't get away with her lies and fraud, AND most likely the murder of that precious abused child whose learning disability Casey probably caused herself; but nothing surprises me anymore where these child abusers and murderers are allowed to get away with their deplorable acts. It just sickens me to think of the murdered and abused children and the many perps, especially the parents, who are still free and getting away with their crimes, as I'm sure it does all of us.

How are you doing KG? I hope all is going well for you!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98606 Feb 2, 2014
More_ron wrote:
Who are you talking to dumbass?
Obviously not you, piss ant from hell.
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#98607 Feb 2, 2014
Hey Eye,

Sorry I've been fighting the blues last couple of days. My oldest son will be gone 17 years tomorrow. There's just no words. I'll get back in a couple of days. Take care.xoxoxoxo
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98608 Feb 2, 2014
Vic wrote:
Hey Eye,
Sorry I've been fighting the blues last couple of days. My oldest son will be gone 17 years tomorrow. There's just no words. I'll get back in a couple of days. Take care.xoxoxoxo
Awwww Vic, I am SOOOOoo sorry. I wish there was something I could say honey. Or do to make this more bearable. I wish now I'd never said a word about despair and depression. God knows, losing your son is enough to put you in bed with depression and despair for the rest of your life. I'm so very sorry, Vic. Please forgive. You take care, cry if you need too sweet Vic. I care deeply for you hon.... God bless, and take care of you and yours.

Zazz, if you're around, come and write some beautiful pose poetry for our Miss Vic. Some comforting words of wisdom that you know when to share and just what to say.

XX00xxxx.... AB
King George

West Lafayette, IN

#98609 Feb 3, 2014
Vic wrote:
Hey Eye,
Vic, I'm so sorry. You're in my prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Jacques Ottawa Or... 1,604,318
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,986
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 9 hr Murphey_Law 513,712
Puerto Rico Sucks (Jun '08) Mon Rectal Blaster 1,336
News Student zapped by Taser leaves juvenile detenti... (Mar '08) Sun Thaliamar Jimenez 161
Poll Child Protective Services Should Be SUED Along ... (Aug '12) Sat Angela 40
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Sep 22 LizW 73,841

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages