Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98667 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98524 Jan 22, 2014
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
Ponderings,
Thanks for posting the link. She was a beautiful little girl I went to the National Registry for Missing Persons. Sherriff's dept. posted this info Feb. 10th, the last time she was seen was listed at 12;30 . This is the only LE documented time I've seen.
Vic & Ponderings; I will never know how that precious fragile & delicate little girl could keep on smiling in any of her photos. She was dragged from hither to yon, from one sitter and one home to another time and again; was slapped around and kicked around for 'punishment' by her own father; AND sexually abused.

Yes indeed, sexually abused. Her own teachers at her school said in earlier interviews BEFORE they were ALL told to keep their mouths shut; (including the school bus driver who could have clarified who actually picked up Haleigh that last day from her bus stop); that Haleigh knew far more about sex than any child her age COULD know unless she had been sexually abused; that she walked, talked and acted like she had been sexually abused. They believed she HAD been sexually abused. One of these school officials even said they had reported Haleigh's sexual abuse to the DCF, who took no action; just like the SO took no action when Marie Griffith BROUGHT them photos of Haleighs' physical abuse.

It's just a damned shame that Marie didn't know to take those photos directly to the DCF office herself, even if their office was located in Tallahassee. Haleigh might have been saved if she had; IFF Marie had raised a fuss and demanded that Haleigh be removed from Ronald, threatening to go public and sue them if they didn't; which is what I had to do, with a lawyers help, before they would remove my G/D from her mothers'(and others) abuse of her!

I guess Marie thought she was doing the right thing to take the photos to the SO. Big mistake. That SO deliberately kept this child in a living hell of abuse with no way out, never knowing when she would be abused some more. And she smiled. Another child abused and dead at the hands of her own father, AND those who allowed it, could have stopped it and didn't.
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#98526 Jan 22, 2014
Eye,

GS is better, I'm still giving him meds to keep mucus loose, so he can get all that yucky out. I've spraying house, his bed,pillow, with Lysol hoping to kill al the germs. They've not had school so far this week, due to Mon being a holiday and then snow,ice and bitter cold has set in again.
No, haven't had Mom's party yet, due to illness and weather.
I don't know how or why a cow pooed on my porch, one of life's many mysteries.LOL

I'm like you I've posted many times to you and others only for them to get lost in cyberspace. Maybe its Topix gremlins. Who knows.

As far as Casey,Sandy visiting kids,I don't know but I don't think it's happening cause her parents,family have been quite vocal how they don't want kids ever to go back to Casey and Sandy and how they think Casey and Sandy know what happened to Erika and where she is.JMO
THese children are not under state protection but federal. I don't think Sandy and Casey want to miss around with the feds.JMO
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#98527 Jan 22, 2014
Eye,

You heard anything from your ENT? Glad to read you and GD are having some good one on one time. My son is at lawyer's office right now,, getting papers worked out signed so he'll finally get a court date.
Let the judge decide since Drama's in no hurry, she's happy to just sit back and have no responsibilities.

She called son the other day and wanted him to jointly file their taxes, said she'd split the money with him. He laughed, told her no and that he was still waiting for his half from last year. I don't think judge will be to happy with her, since she's agreed twice in mediation to settlement only to chance her mind. One never knows what a family court judge will rule. I wished I trusted the system,but I don't.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98528 Jan 22, 2014
I hope you're right Vic, about the Parsons' not being able to see the kids. I know Caseys' parents have made all these negative comments about them but I still don't trust them not to allow Sandy & Casey to see and spend time with the kids. I just hope they are making Casey & Sandy pay child support to them!

But I feel that had they cared about the kids, and particularly about poor Erica, they had two years prior to the older son reporting Erica missing while they did nothing all this time; yet now they say they knew Erica was missing, say they knew she was abused. I trust them like I would trust a rattle snake.

I hope your sons lawyer can get everything worked out to his satisfaction. This POS mother is a real dog not to be helping him support those kids whether it is court mandated or not. The GALL of her wanting him to file a joint income tax return when he is the one who has been supporting them all this time. Sure she wants a joint return, then she would get half of the refund too, including the interest deduction he has been paying on the mortgage payment! B'tch.

She is never going to stick by any offer to settle, not as long as she is getting away with not having to do anything at all. You know and I know that she is not really entitled to anything from the sale of their home, she walked out and abandoned these boys and left them at the mercy of their dad having to care and support them all by himself, when she has a job and income, and is foot lose and fancy free!

I just hope this time the judge will force her to pay what she owes your son in back taxes and back support and force her to make decent support payments for those kids. The fact is, she outta be paying alimony to your son too!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98529 Jan 22, 2014
Well yes, I have talked to the ENT. I had to go see him a coupla days ago about my nose where I had the little basil carcinoma removed. He will be watching the progress weekly for a few weeks. The healing seems to coming along nicely.

We discussed the possible C02 Laser procedure again and still looking into whether I can get it done up at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, which, he believes I can. There are very few who are trained in this procedure. I'm waiting to hear back from the Director of the Neck & Head Treatment Dept; only thing is, from all the research I can find it can only be done successfully in the early stages of the throat cancer. I don't know whether mine is too far gone now or not. Will just have to wait and see, after I am able to get up to Moffitt, soon I hope.

I guess this has been a long week for you, with the boys & the dogs there all week? Or, are you taking care of them at their house? Still a long week! Glad to hear tho, that the little one is getting better from his flu.
Vic

AOL

#98530 Jan 22, 2014
Eye,

I'm just speculating here in regards to how close and how often Casey would be around her side of the family. Her sister, the one that went with Casey to Mexico for the tubular reversal, informed the couple that Casey had not miscarried and was trying to sell baby to the highest bidder. THis is the same sister that took Erika in put her into school, which she loved, until biotch came and got her. I don't think Casey and Sandy would be around her side much.

Since it was Sandy's family that gave all the freebees. I'd say they're the ones these two would want around. You cann't make me believe that Sandy's parents didn't hear and see alot when Sandy and Casey,kids lived in their basement. They're the ones that should have either put a stop to it or called in CPS. JMO
Vic

AOL

#98531 Jan 22, 2014
Eye,

Everything I've read about procedure,it's done early on but don't give up hope. How's the ginger juice? I'm still planning on fixing it as soon as the darn weather breaks and kids can go back to school.

I take care of them at their house. It's a lot easier to get me and Barns(my doggie) up and out and since guys don't get home till late, it just makes it easier. Thankfully I had a week between C-mas break and school closing due to weather, to get stuff done at my house. I just try to keep busy and just let everyday take care of itself.
King George

West Lafayette, IN

#98534 Jan 23, 2014
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey KG,
It's just another example of Casey living in Casey world, maybe she likes it now that it's just her and Sandy. It's heartbreaking that with CPS being in their home on numerous occasions her children were left there. One thing for sure those two should have never been parents.
It sent shivers down my spine when I found that Sandy had been a butcher.
I can't wait for spring how bout you?
I'm SO OVER this cold weather, Vic.
It's like Mother Nature's paying us back for all the mild winters we may have ever had.
Forecast looks like more of the same in store for next week. BRRR!!

I remember an interview with a woman claiming that she had problems with Casey while she was acting as a surrogate mother for her. Do you remember if that woman said she actually got that baby?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98535 Jan 23, 2014
Vic wrote:
Eye,
I'm just speculating here in regards to how close and how often Casey would be around her side of the family. Her sister, the one that went with Casey to Mexico for the tubular reversal, informed the couple that Casey had not miscarried and was trying to sell baby to the highest bidder. THis is the same sister that took Erika in put her into school, which she loved, until biotch came and got her. I don't think Casey and Sandy would be around her side much.
Since it was Sandy's family that gave all the freebees. I'd say they're the ones these two would want around. You cann't make me believe that Sandy's parents didn't hear and see alot when Sandy and Casey,kids lived in their basement. They're the ones that should have either put a stop to it or called in CPS. JMO
Mornin' Vic & All; hon, I guess I need you all to fill me in on what happened with the pregnancy where Casey was trying to sell the unborn baby to the highest bidder. It was somewhere around this time, or afterwards, when I came in on learning about this case as initially I wasn't involved in it very much and don't recall all the details about the pregnancy.

Also, I don't recall that I ever knew that Sandy & Casey and their kids had lived in Sandys' fathers' basement. Where's Sandys' mother? I don't recall ever hearing anything about her, or maybe I've forgotten? When I first became interested in this case they were living in the house they had rented from Mr. Parsons and had supposedly done all this costly remodeling to the property, they said by agreement in lieu of paying rent, for something like two years? Of COURSE the home owner, Father, F-I-L, G/F to the kids would know all about how their kids and Erica were being treated, AND whether Erica was even there.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98536 Jan 23, 2014
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like Mother Nature's paying us back for all the mild winters we may have ever had.
I remember an interview with a woman claiming that she had problems with Casey while she was acting as a surrogate mother for her. Do you remember if that woman said she actually got that baby?
Mornin' KG! So nice to see ya. OMG, I HATE that cold weather and all the misery it causes everyone to suffer. You know, they say a woman forgets the pain of childbirth (I'm not so sure that's true, I didn't) and even tho I don't 'feel' all the horrors of weeks and months on end of the horrible winter weather we had to endure so many times in Cincinnati, I certainly won't ever forget it. And I did come to understand that cabin fever is very real.

It would start in early Jan that I would think, OMG, 3-4 months more of this yet to go, then by Feb I would actually be pacing the floor waiting for it to end. Come sometime in March we would have a few days of sunshine peeping through, then whamo! Another big freeze, and another. I remember once a big freeze with snow and slipping and sliding on ice in a restaurant parking lot on Mothers' Day in May! Believe me, I REALLY feel badly for all of you. You've had a terrible winter, starting early, and with more to come. Sorry, KG & all.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98537 Jan 23, 2014
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
KG, if you read my post above, I don't know (or at least I don't remember) anything about what happened with the surrogate pregnancy either. You know, I understand adoptions of infants and believe there ought to be more infant adoptions where mothers either can't or won't take care of their babies, including toddlers; but I do not understand deliberate surrogate births with a woman being impregnated and handing "HER" biological baby over to someone else after she has carried this baby to full term and delivered it. Man, this is cold.

Now, maybe to others it makes sense, but personally I could not do this! There could be no amount of love nor money that would cause me to "sell" an infant I had given birth too, or be able to hand it over to some relative I had done this for . I just couldn't do it. But that's just me, I guess.

Since: Jan 14

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#98538 Jan 23, 2014
to hell with what the police says
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98539 Jan 23, 2014
I can just imagine all these surrogate babies for generations yet to come, growing up and wondering who their biological mother was, who was their sperm bio daddy, why would their bio mom sell them at birth for money, didn't she have any feelings for them at all; why would their bio daddy take money for his sperm and who is this man, and on and on and on.

I don't know how these babies after growing up (and maybe while growing up) could ever reconcile themselves to these non answers. These are human beings, given birth too the same way we all are. I can imagine a lot of mental torment for these children for many years to come. Even their children will never know their bloodlines, their natural gene progression or any other inherited factors. IMO, It just ain't right to do this to innocent babies.

I read the other day where some sperm donors' sperm has been used to create dozens of babies via dozens of imprenated women, some by natural mothers and some by surrogates. I forget how many, the count was so high. These babies are actually brothers and sisters but none of them know each other or how they got here! This is just WRONG.

Well, At least Octomom claims all of her 14 babies were fathered by the same male sperm donor, so at least they are all related to each other even if they don't know who their daddy is. Honestly, I hope that someday she will tell them.

IMO, it's only fair for children to know who their bio father and mother are. If for no other reason, they need to know what inherited characteristics they have and the possibility of inherited diseases, etc., that are in their bloodline, even if no sperm donor father or surrogate mother ever steps forward to claim them or be a part of their lives.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#98540 Jan 23, 2014
Vic wrote:
Eye,
Everything I've read about procedure,it's done early on but don't give up hope. How's the ginger juice? I'm still planning on fixing it as soon as the darn weather breaks and kids can go back to school. I take care of them at their house. It's a lot easier to get me and Barns(my doggie) up and out and since guys don't get home till late, it just makes it easier. Thankfully I had a week between C-mas break and school closing due to weather, to get stuff done at my house. I just try to keep busy and just let everyday take care of itself.
The ginger root juice, etc. treatment is not going well. That's because I cooked it down too long and made the concentrate too strong, even after adding in the 3 cups of honey. It is so strong and tart that I can barely stand to taste or swallow it. I am going to call the creator of the blog site who posted it (he emailed me his phone #) today and ask him what I can add to it to lighten the taste.

I am also getting ready to start on the natural (not arm 'n hammer) baking soda/raw molasses treatment for cancer today. It has been rated as having a very high success rate. It's supposedly the high Ph balance in the baking soda that does the trick with the raw molasses being low in sugar content and is added for taste. The ginger root juice concoction is more recommended for heart problems than it is for cancer treatment, although claims to help in some cancers as well, but more successful for prostate cancer treatment.

Yes ma'am, it would be much easier for you to take care of the kids AND the dogs at their house. Taking your own dog with you is nice too. They can all entertain each other and themselves. ha ha. However, I'm sure this would still cause you some headaches. Nonetheless, a better solution all around, also helps to save on the housework at your own home. My mother used to babysit one of my sisters 3 kids from early morning (one was under school age) in their home, having their dinner cooked for my sister when she got home from work . My sister paid her so little, a disgusting shame how she took advantage of our mother.
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#98541 Jan 23, 2014
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey KG,
BRRRR is right. It seems every weekend brings another winter blast. YUCK
As for how the woman got her baby back, I don't know, just that she did. I'd say Casey was inseminated with woman's egg,her husband's sperm, so Casey would have no claims on child. I'd say couple had Casey sign a contract that she would have no parental rights to child.
I'm just speculating again but wouldn't you say this child is older than her two youngest. I'd say Casey had her tubes tied after James was born, then they adopted Erika, she had it reversed, had surrogate child, then had two more biological kids. Wow When did she have her gastric bypass?
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#98542 Jan 23, 2014
Eye,

ITA it seems all these children fathered by same sperm donor. Fertility clinics just wanted to make money off women desperate for a child. No thought to the future of said child that would want to know about father.
It's sad.
As to Octomom, she's just nuts. The dr. that keep impregnating her should be held accountable. He should be paid to help with raising these poor children. She kept going back to the same doctor, and how did he justify and where did she get the money for all these insemenations?
Now she's in trouble with IRS for fraud. Have you ever seen her being interviewed she's like a worm in hot ashes. Goodness, she'd be a hard one to be around, very nerve racking. JMO
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#98543 Jan 23, 2014
Eye,

Prior to moving to Sandy's father's house, they lived in his basement. They moved from his basement to his rental house. Here's the thing, after Erika was finally reported missing, Sandy's dad reported that his basement had been broken into. Then when couple move out of his rental house, there's a fire. Is someone trying to collect insurance to cover the damage done by couple, or evidence, or just bad luck?\
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#98544 Jan 23, 2014
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
The ginger root juice, etc. treatment is not going well. That's because I cooked it down too long and made the concentrate too strong, even after adding in the 3 cups of honey. It is so strong and tart that I can barely stand to taste or swallow it. I am going to call the creator of the blog site who posted it (he emailed me his phone #) today and ask him what I can add to it to lighten the taste.
I am also getting ready to start on the natural (not arm 'n hammer) baking soda/raw molasses treatment for cancer today. It has been rated as having a very high success rate. It's supposedly the high Ph balance in the baking soda that does the trick with the raw molasses being low in sugar content and is added for taste. The ginger root juice concoction is more recommended for heart problems than it is for cancer treatment, although claims to help in some cancers as well, but more successful for prostate cancer treatment.
Yes ma'am, it would be much easier for you to take care of the kids AND the dogs at their house. Taking your own dog with you is nice too. They can all entertain each other and themselves. ha ha. However, I'm sure this would still cause you some headaches. Nonetheless, a better solution all around, also helps to save on the housework at your own home. My mother used to babysit one of my sisters 3 kids from early morning (one was under school age) in their home, having their dinner cooked for my sister when she got home from work . My sister paid her so little, a disgusting shame how she took advantage of our mother.
Eye,

Lots of research on the benefits of keeping the body's ph alkaline. Normal ph balance is 7.35-7.45 higher the number the more alkaline. Sodium bicarbonate breaks down and its enzymes cause cells to be blasted with high levels of oxygen and cancer cells can't tolerate these levels, killing them. Also rising and gargling with solution of sodium barcarbinate/warm water will raise ph in salvia and throat to treat mucostisis(sp). That thick yucky stuff.

Once you get started be sure to test you ph levels. Goal is to get it up in the 7.4 range. One thing for sure you can't put all your trust in the medical field. You've got to be doctor and patient, cause they just don't care. Physicans and drug companies make too much money, they don't want to cure and heal. They're not in it to save lives but for the dollar.JMO
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#98545 Jan 23, 2014
Eye,

A diet of fresh fruits,veggies,almonds and yogurt keeps the body's ph alkaline.

I always wondered how apple cider vinegar was alkaline, since
vinegar is acidic, but it is broken down,digested, what's left is calcium and potassium, both alkaline minerals.

I wish my mom would drink it, cause it helps speed up, break down fats in the stomach. It mimics the enzyme produced by the gall bladder and since she's had her's removed, she can't tolerate fatty foods.
She's a tad hard headed though.LOL
King George

West Lafayette, IN

#98546 Jan 23, 2014
Vic wrote:
Eye,
Vic, so far, Sandy's father has been the only one to say that the Parsons were good parents.
A lot of the evidence taken, along with the cadaver dog hits have been on HIS property.
And, he seems pretty nonchalant about it all.
"William Parsons said little about the Nov. 14 search warrant and the details surrounding it.

He said investigators were nice and he had no problems with them being there. Parsons said he went inside his house, watched television and did chores while the search took place.

He said he had not been personally told about the findings of the latest search warrant, but had heard about it via the news. Parsons said he made one request of investigators: to let him know if they found Erica."
http://www.salisburypost.com/article/20131227...

Also remember that he evicted Sandy and Casey for being behind on their rent, then PAID them to move out of the house that, coincidentally, caught fire almost immediately.
Sounds a little shady, JMO.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Zonker 1,705,715
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 47 min Princess Hey 23,146
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 47 min Princess Hey 13,109
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr fortmyersf 515,674
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 6 hr LizW 73,957
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 hr GALAXY FART 64,458
News 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Mon The Peoples Media 3,094

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages