Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 20 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Vic

Harrodsburg, KY

#97974 Nov 30, 2013
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Annie, Ugh, I woke up early, but went back to sleep after posting and I don't think I'll ever catch up on reading here....lol
I know what you mean about the hospitals & holidays, however, my husband had a procedure done on Wed & then another on Thanksgiving evening after we left from visiting. He has very good Drs. where he is and there was no slacking concerning him this holiday, thank goodness.
My daughter is like I usually am and can't wait to decorate from one holiday to the next. She said yesterday that since Thanksgiving is over that we had to put that décor away and bring out the x-mas décor. I told her not today, maybe tomorrow. When I went to sleep her lil butt put up a bunch of our x-mas décor. on our mantel, including the stockings and several pieces around our home and she even put ribbon around our banister, which I usually never do, but I think I'll keep it. She did a great job & really must have worked her lil legs off going up and down the basement stairs. She was so excited for me to wake up and see it as I went back to sleep after waking up so early. Bless her big heart.
She is just too sweet. I love it that your girls love to decorate.
What a sweetie staying up/decorating. I got a tickle with your son having such a flair with hair. Male hair dressers make mega bucks. THey have all the women young and old with deep pockets.kwim
King George

Seymour, IN

#97975 Nov 30, 2013
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
KG,
I thought about you Thanksgiving Day, I know you were working hard but chaching. Making good money. Your smart not to have ventured into that mess and I was no where near the electronic section. Oh, my goodness I don't think I could of handled it.LOL
Thanks, Vic. I appreciate your thinking of me.
King George

Seymour, IN

#97976 Nov 30, 2013
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>
O wow KG!! Bet you were exhausted when you got off that night! But like you said, at least you made $$$!!:)
We were all beat, but, I made a little over $300. YIPPEE!!
Sami

Howell, MI

#97977 Nov 30, 2013
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
She is just too sweet. I love it that your girls love to decorate.
What a sweetie staying up/decorating. I got a tickle with your son having such a flair with hair. Male hair dressers make mega bucks. THey have all the women young and old with deep pockets.kwim
I remember doing the same for my mom. Lil girls get so excited and they like pretty things. lol, he hasn't been cutting hair too much lately as he has a lil part-time job and he plays lots of sports and has practice everyday after school and over the holidays. He only cut his teammates, classmates and some of his coaches hair cuz they like the "fade" look, however, some who can't wear the fade still likes his cuts. He did make good $ over the summer, but no girls hair, I don't think he would know how. He doesn't cut my middle sons hair either cuz he's still in the lil longer style, kinda lil Justin Bieber. He's good at using the wahl, so he does short cuts. He's funny, he has always been a popular kid with excellent grades, has part-time jobs, plays multiple sports all yr. long, cuts hair and raps. Not to sound conceded, but he's a really good looking kid who works out all the time too and he has had plenty of beautiful lil girlfriends. If he had any free time he could be a model with his still white/blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.
Sami

Howell, MI

#97978 Nov 30, 2013
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
We were all beat, but, I made a little over $300. YIPPEE!!
Way to go KG. My lil senior has had a part-time job at his friends dads steel co., our neighbors cement co., during the summer and during school he worked as a bus boy, but just quit to be a waiter at another restaurant. He still fills in at the other rest. if needed if he has time, but this is his 1st waiter job and he worked on Thanksgiving too. 7am-1pm and he made over $100 in tips alone. He worked yest. & works after practice today. He just started a coup. wks. ago & is still trying to learn the menu and is a bit nervous, but he loves bringing home cash everyday. I use to waitress and I told him it will get easy and yep, I loved the cash everyday too. I think I made more money waitressing than I did at an accounting firm. I just didn't have benefits, but he doesn't need them.:)
Canton, OH

#97979 Nov 30, 2013
King George wrote:
GM everyone.
Anne, glad you had a good holiday. I was worried that you'd over do. You strike me as an independent, strong person, who might try to keep on going even when the body says stop.
Sami, happy you had a good day. I've been praying for your hubby.
Vic, you're a BRAVE soul. I got off work about 8pm Thanksgiving night, and still needed a few things to fix my part of the dinner. The only place in town open was WalMart. I took one look at that parking lot, and knew there was nothing I needed badly enough to go in that store.
Karma, Zazz, Ponderings, and everyone else, hope your day was also great.
Thanks KG! We did have a very nice Thanksgiving. We have a big family, its always nice to get together. My mom does most of the cooking, and my siblings and I bring some sides/desserts. I made yummy cheesy potatoes. Which, I don't know if that's a normal T'giving side, but they were gone, so, they were at least a hit! lol.

Glad you made a lil over $300 the other night! That will definitely come in handy when ya do start your shopping. I know what you mean about lookin at the parking lot, and keeping it moving. When we went, there was literally NOWHERE to park. Not one more spot in the lot. But, I wanted the tv's b/c they were 32" for $98 and they fell under the guaranteed pricing from 6p-7p. So, we parked across the road at a restaurant. Of course we were numb by the time we made it to the front door. But, it was worth it..lol...only b/c of the "guarantee". Had that not have been the case, I would have done the same thing you did. Rolled right on past. lol.
Canton, OH

#97980 Nov 30, 2013
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing we say in Ky. if you don't like the weather stick around and it'll change quick. It was snowy low teens, high twentys, day before and Thanksgiving day, today high' in the fiftys,. You never know. Last year we have all our bad weather up until first of year, then rest of winter was unseasonably warm but this winter they're calling for a lot of cold and snow. I know the wooly worms were almost black, sign of bad winter.
Wow Vic, that's great you will be in the fifties today! Send that here please. lol. I believe its in the twenties here and calling for snow overnight.:( Bet ya loved the unseasonably warm winter last yr. Sucks they are calling for lots of snow and cold this yr. I didn't really see what our future forecast looks like. Its Ohio though, so might as well just plan for snow, ice, sleet, rain, and freezing temps! Boo!!="(
Canton, OH

#97982 Nov 30, 2013
Vic wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy to read about hubby. Yes, my son and grandkids have already got their tree up, its an Ironman themed tree. It's so cute. THey wanted a new tree this year. They ran into Drama at Wallyworld Thanksgiving night, she was with her 21 year old boyfriend. Son said boys couldn't get away from her fast enough. SHe told kids how much she loved them.YUCK She thinks only reason they don't want to be with her they just want to stay at their home and play x=box, well, she bought an x-box when she first moved out. She'll never get it, she's a crazy narcissist, and who in their right mind would want to be around her.
Now that is too cute Vic! How sweet he did an Ironman themed tree for the lil ones! Your son's ex does sound like a narcissist. Her loss, she has no idea what she is missing out on with those precious grandbabies of yours. They (absent parents), always find an excuse as to why the kids don't want to be with them, b/c it just couldn't possibly be something "they did". Bet your grandchildren want everything they see on t.v. and in the ads?? lol. Its so cute when the lil ones get all excited about Christmas, Santa, and the lights.
Canton, OH

#97983 Nov 30, 2013
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Annie, Ugh, I woke up early, but went back to sleep after posting and I don't think I'll ever catch up on reading here....lol
I know what you mean about the hospitals & holidays, however, my husband had a procedure done on Wed & then another on Thanksgiving evening after we left from visiting. He has very good Drs. where he is and there was no slacking concerning him this holiday, thank goodness.
My daughter is like I usually am and can't wait to decorate from one holiday to the next. She said yesterday that since Thanksgiving is over that we had to put that décor away and bring out the x-mas décor. I told her not today, maybe tomorrow. When I went to sleep her lil butt put up a bunch of our x-mas décor. on our mantel, including the stockings and several pieces around our home and she even put ribbon around our banister, which I usually never do, but I think I'll keep it. She did a great job & really must have worked her lil legs off going up and down the basement stairs. She was so excited for me to wake up and see it as I went back to sleep after waking up so early. Bless her big heart.
Aww Sami, how precious she decorated and wanted to surprise you! I am with ya, I would keep it up too! Too cute! ;)

I need to get started still on the whole decorating thing. We don't even have the tree up yet. Guess we are going to do a leopard themed tree this year. Hope thats okay with the guys! lol.
Canton, OH

#97984 Nov 30, 2013
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see ya Karma. I saw the excellent prices on TV's. One of my sons who never posts on FB posts a deal, so I could see it...I'm sure, but I didn't go shopping.
We only got a lil snow nothing heavy. We didn't have to shovel or plow, however, my daughter did shovel the lil we had off our deck & clean the cars off the other day. She just wanted to play in it. It is cold though. I been in the 20's, but is suppose to be in the high 30's today. It would probably be a good day to put up my outside lights, but nooooo I'm not today.....lolol
Aww thx Sami, Ive been wanting to get caught up and post, really missed chatting with everyone.

Anne hope you are feeling well. Glad to hear you heard from your other son in Cincy. Hope all is well with your GD. You had me rolling laughing at your prev posts. I am not all the way caught up yet, but when you get going on the Cummings, and AS, its always a hoot!!
Sami

Howell, MI

#97985 Nov 30, 2013
Awe, Vic, I love the ironman tree décor too. That is so awesome for the lil guys. Your son sounds like such a great daddy. Your GK are so much better off with him. The mother has a new young bf and I'm sure she's keeping herself busy with her new play toy so why not leave the happy dad & sons alone. It's bad enough she left her kdis, but to take their friggen furniture and house item is sickening. She's a selfish beotch.
Canton, OH

#97986 Nov 30, 2013
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much Karma, he's coming home today. It's so nice outside, if I get to bring him home early enough maybe I will put up some of my décor outside. We get a real tree & he usually goes with me and carries it in, so I will have to wait & have my sons help me with that, besides I don't want to get it to early cuz it tends to start doing bad around x-mas if I do. Have fun decorating. It does look so nice when you're all done.:)
Thats great he is coming home today!! Glad the weather is at least nice enough, you wont have to worry about getting him home safely!! I know whatcha mean about the real trees not doin so well when you get them too early. I only had one real tree, I personally didn't like it, b/c I was always sweeping up or stepping on the pine needles. lol...and they def felt like needles. You have fun decorating too, agree that is looks nice when all done! Love it!:)
Canton, OH

#97987 Nov 30, 2013
Aww Vic, thats a shame ya had to do all that regarding the fleas. Sounds like a lot of work and a pain in the butt for ya! Especially around the holiday when you already have so much going on. Hope it all worked out! It's so nice we can come here for help from each other. Looks like Anne had some great ideas!
Canton, OH

#97988 Nov 30, 2013
KG, after reading back a few pages, was wondering if you know, regarding baby Lisa, do you think the new leads are having to do with Dane, Jersey, and Megan Wright? You may have said it already but, I am about 7-8 pages back trying to get caught up. TIA. ICBW here, but wasn't Jersey questioned & released? Or am I thinking of someone else? You seem to have a lot of details about this case. As far as DB and my own opinion of her, I was not sold on her not at least knowing something b/c she seemed uncooperative when the news broke. Then after hearing about the human decomp on her bedroom carpet, made me think, she either had something to do with it, or know something at the very least. I am forgetting some of the details of this case though, so, I could very well be wrong. Thx again.
Canton, OH

#97989 Nov 30, 2013
Wonder what came of the interview with Casey's other children. Does anyone have any updates about that? Carolyn should never have had a child! Let alone more than one. This woman out chasing after men, prostituting her daughter out, and obviously not giving a sh*t about poor lil probably deceased Erica. I agree with whoever here said that if Carolyn is capable of prostituting her 9 yr. old, then she would surely be capable of doing something to Erica. BUT, the only thing with that, if Casey did give her back to Carolyn, I can't see her making up some BS Nan story. IMO she would have just said, we gave her to Carolyn and that's that. That would have been the easy way out for lying Casey and Sandy. I feel so bad for what the children living under the roofs of these two, so called parents, went through.(Carolyn AND Casey/Sandy). I agree with Vic, hope Jamie gets the help he needs. I am glad he, at least went to LE and got the word out and searches started for Erica. Who knows how long this facade Casey and her closed mouth husband had going, would have gone on if not.
Sami

Howell, MI

#97990 Nov 30, 2013
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats great he is coming home today!! Glad the weather is at least nice enough, you wont have to worry about getting him home safely!! I know whatcha mean about the real trees not doin so well when you get them too early. I only had one real tree, I personally didn't like it, b/c I was always sweeping up or stepping on the pine needles. lol...and they def felt like needles. You have fun decorating too, agree that is looks nice when all done! Love it!:)
Awe, the needles on the tree suck. We just started getting a real tree in the last 6 yrs. as I wouldn't get them when my children were toddlers cuz of the needles. Sometimes I wish we just got another artificial tree cuz you can put them up earlier and they never die and nope, it's not called faux or fake, I call them artificial, which sounds better to me...lol However, when we started getting real trees, I gave my old one to the salvation army & that's the 2nd one I gave away so I don't know if I want to buy another artificial one or waste space storing it, but I do like them all the same. Also, I think ur leapord décor sounds FUN!

Yes, ITA, Annie has me roflmbo when she gets on her roll concerning the Cumming's clan. I really do lol....heehee
Vic

Harrodsburg, KY

#97991 Nov 30, 2013
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww Sami, how precious she decorated and wanted to surprise you! I am with ya, I would keep it up too! Too cute! ;)
I need to get started still on the whole decorating thing. We don't even have the tree up yet. Guess we are going to do a leopard themed tree this year. Hope thats okay with the guys! lol.
Wow leopard theme, I like it. My son is a big Ironman fan. He has only 1 tattoo but it covers his left side and upto his back, of course it's Ironman. That's what the boys call him, cause in their eyes he can do everything. He is loved by all children cause he's such a big kid himself. He's got such a loving heart. We all agree and hope her boytoy keeps her very busy. Then she doesn't have time to cause more Drama for us.
Oh Eye had the right answer for my fleas. I can live with the salt for 3 more weeks. I took my Thanksgiving on the road. Fixed for son and GS, they enjoyed their food and each other, I took Mom hers and spent day with her. Hubby and I had ours. Everybody happy,happy,happy. Now if only I could get the outdoor family of reindeer lights to all work. Always something.
Vic

Harrodsburg, KY

#97992 Nov 30, 2013
Where' Eye?

I hope she didn't overdo. Eye, you okay?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97993 Nov 30, 2013
Vic wrote:
Where' Eye?
I hope she didn't overdo. Eye, you okay?
I'm here Vic. No problem, just tired today. Will catch up with you tomorrow. Nite all.... xx00xx
Canton, OH

#97994 Nov 30, 2013
Sami wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe, the needles on the tree suck. We just started getting a real tree in the last 6 yrs. as I wouldn't get them when my children were toddlers cuz of the needles. Sometimes I wish we just got another artificial tree cuz you can put them up earlier and they never die and nope, it's not called faux or fake, I call them artificial, which sounds better to me...lol However, when we started getting real trees, I gave my old one to the salvation army & that's the 2nd one I gave away so I don't know if I want to buy another artificial one or waste space storing it, but I do like them all the same. Also, I think ur leapord décor sounds FUN!
Yes, ITA, Annie has me roflmbo when she gets on her roll concerning the Cumming's clan. I really do lol....heehee
I know what you are saying, there are def pros and cons when it comes to real and artificial. Another thing I didn't like about the real tree is, we leave ours up for about a wk after Christmas, so, it was def not good anymore by then. But, with real, you don't have to stand there fanning out all the branches. Lol.

Thanks, I love the leopard decor we found. Should be cute once we get it all done. Do you do a themed tree? My favorite ornaments were the ones the kids made when they were young. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Tinka 1,224,605
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min OzRitz 53,063
News Fast chat: Freddie Highmore (Feb '08) 1 hr Harsh Patil 475
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 2 hr Joy 496,930
last post wins! (Jul '11) 2 hr Wiley_Kyote 5,644
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Wiley_Kyote 71,750
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 3 hr Wiley_Kyote 18,123
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]