Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 97263 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Sami

Howell, MI

#97552 Nov 18, 2013
It's hard to believe there was just a fatal shooting at Ron's MH & we never heard about it. I wouldn't doubt it happened, but you would think we would have heard this from someone at least the neighbors or Gerardo, like you said Annie. I dunno.

Did any of you just hear about the 11 yr. old foster boy in Monroe, NC being chained to the porch with a dead chicken around his head. There were four adopted children living in the home to and the adopted mother is a supervisor for CP & the dad a RN. The house is disgusting inside and out to and of course they live in a very remote area and they home school. UGH, this is sickening what they did to this lil boy and to think she presides over other child cases and ppl rely on this NR for help when hey both abuse and starve children? Ugh....I think my mind is turning to mush after reading/watching the news.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97553 Nov 18, 2013
Karma wrote:
I found it Anne, now again, I do not know how true this information is, b/c we all know everyone has their own theory and "information", this is just something I remembered reading. I googled it and found it again. I was goin by memory in my post earlier today, now that I read it again, it doesn't particularly state that "Ron committed a murder in his mh, just that one 'allegedly' took place". But again, who knows if this is even true. copy/paste Okay – now we will now jump back to the bizarre event that took place in February of 2009, when several German Shepherd cadaver dogs hit on a dumpster near HaLeigh’s home – but no body was found inside the dumpster. I learned during an interview with a witness, who I am not going to name (but have named to PCSO) that a man was allegedly murdered in the home of Ronald Cummings shortly before HaLeigh was reported missing. The homicide involved a gun and considerable activity took place with disposing of the body. I have provided the names of the individuals that were allegedly present during the violent murder to the PCSO and FBI. As you can see, the disappearance of HaLeigh Cummings can be classified as either a kidnapping investigation, homicide investigation, or criminal investigation. It’s all of them.
I just hope whoever wrote this article is still alive, Karma! It's dangerous to anyone revealing anything against dangerous people! My guess would be that whoever wrote it learned very quickly that they needed to forever keep their mouth shut.

Which leads me to wonder even more so; why did Nancy disGrace play their game; WHICH, she most certainly DID do?! Ever so lightly she treaded over interviews with Ronald Cummings and Sheriff Hardy, helping them to squash any investigation into whatever REALLY happened to Haleigh.

It wasn't Haleigh she cared about, it was Ron & Hardy, and helping THEM place all the blame on Misty, when everyone KNEW that everything Misty said had been proven to be lies; so why did she NOT seek to find the truth, or even look into Rons' record, OR the witnesses reports of Rons' activities that day?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97554 Nov 18, 2013
Sami wrote:
It's hard to believe there was just a fatal shooting at Ron's MH & we never heard about it. I wouldn't doubt it happened, but you would think we would have heard this from someone at least the neighbors or Gerardo, like you said Annie. I dunno.
Did any of you just hear about the 11 yr. old foster boy in Monroe, NC being chained to the porch with a dead chicken around his head. There were four adopted children living in the home to and the adopted mother is a supervisor for CP & the dad a RN. The house is disgusting inside and out to and of course they live in a very remote area and they home school. UGH, this is sickening what they did to this lil boy and to think she presides over other child cases and ppl rely on this NR for help when hey both abuse and starve children? Ugh....I think my mind is turning to mush after reading/watching the news.
Ahhh Sami. Heartbreaking for these foster children. I read it last night and what a sickening feeling. UNREAL, that people like these, who ANYONE would trust to care for children; could have these poor children, who already have suffered greatly in their lives by having no parents or family who really cared about them, would have to live in such degradation, filth and horror.

My GOD, tying a dead and rotting chicken around this pathetic little boys' neck and handcuffing him to the porch railing???! Sickening! God only knows what they have been doing to these helpless children all along. I just hope that SOMEWHERE in their pathetic little lives they can find some peace and someone who will care for and love them. I am just SO glad the pitiful little boy was found and they were all removed from the hell hole they were living in.

I didn't read they were being home schooled. Who was home schooling them since both of these depraved, nasty, abusive freaks had full time jobs? Goodie, goodie! NOW they won't have jobs at all, the array of animals they had will be confiscated, they will lose their filthy home too, and have no little slaves either!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97555 Nov 18, 2013
I am getting SO SICK AND TIRED of hearing about these so-called 'parents' home schooling their kids (AND foster kids), then learning they were abusing them the whole time, while NO ONE ever checked up on these poor children who were living in pure hell every day of their lives.

Would somebody please tell me? What the hell makes a parent competent and qualified to home school when they have no higher education themselves and no teaching certificate?

When I was growing up there was no such thing as home schooling. It was mandatory that ALL children six years old were registered and sent to school every day. If a child missed ONE DAY, the parents had to send in an acceptable excuse the next day. If a child was still absent the next day, a truant officer showed up at your door to inquire AND investigate, and that child damned well better be sick!

I had a neighbor in Boca who kept her three kids of various ages at home and home schooled them herself, she 'said'; yet I saw them outside everyday, playing or in the pool for hours at the time. SHE was constantly out running around doing whatever, then later went for chemo therapy every day for several months while they had no supervision at all during all of this. HOW the hell do people get away with this?
Vic

AOL

#97556 Nov 18, 2013
Good Morning,

This is my fourth time trying to get a post to go through. WOW Karma you go girl. Guys, your compassion is so appreciated. I was so tired,emotional yesterday and the boys were cross with each other it was just bad day, but I put them to work, started planning for holiday menu and how to get it cooked,packed, and delivered to 3 houses. I went from blue to can do by late afternoon.

Karma,
WOw never heard this. Great find.

Eye,
Your right. Sell it all, split the money. I'm over the Drama(one of my many names for it). Oh, how's your cough? Is your thorat really dry. THey make saliva substitute. It's an RX but folks have found it to be very effective. Well got to go clean hubby's bathroom, have to find my hasmat(sp) suit.LOL
Vic

AOL

#97558 Nov 18, 2013
EYe,

ITA: Homeschooling is bs. Kids got to go out into world sometime. My sister homeschooled her adopted son 8th grade. He was being bullied along with his ADD, she was at school daily. SO she homeschool. He super smart in everything except math, so I helped him with that/ Well over the summer prior to Freshman year, our little duckling turned into a very handsome swan. Nobody knew him when it went back. He's very musically inclinded. He picked up a guitar and now he's in his junior year, mentors at an elementary school where it met head of music dept. from Weslyn College and this man sent him a postcard wanting him to go there.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97559 Nov 18, 2013
Vic wrote:
Good Morning,
This is my fourth time trying to get a post to go through. WOW Karma you go girl. Guys, your compassion is so appreciated. I was so tired,emotional yesterday and the boys were cross with each other it was just bad day, but I put them to work, started planning for holiday menu and how to get it cooked,packed, and delivered to 3 houses. I went from blue to can do by late afternoon. Karma, WOw never heard this. Great find. Eye, Your right. Sell it all, split the money. I'm over the Drama(one of my many names for it). Oh, how's your cough? Is your thorat really dry. THey make saliva substitute. It's an RX but folks have found it to be very effective. Well got to go clean hubby's bathroom, have to find my hasmat(sp) suit.LOL

What you are doing is VERY hard Vic, starting over w/two little ones and trying to keep your head, home and nerves above board.

Vic, GO BACK and reread my posts. I'm not sure you're hearing me. As I travel thru my recommendations, and even tho at first I alluded to giving her half of the proceeds of the sale of the home, I recognize that this is NOT equitable OR to his benefit!

I am URGING that your son NOT sell the home and split the proceeds with wifey! She is not entitled to one red cent other than her HALF of the 401K, AFTER the IRS taxes are paid. Here me on this Vic: SHE abandoned the kids AND the home. She has cared so little that she has not provided ONE red cent for their care OR food.(THIS your son can prove). She is causing THEIR daddy to have to SUE her even to help feed them. She has left him AND THEM high and dry!

You tell ME, where is she entitled to half of the proceeds from the sale of HER KIDS home? If your sons lawyer isn't strong enough (I don't care how good he is supposed to be), to get her name OFF the deed, or strong enough to get the court to force her to sell that 401K and split the money with the childrens' daddy, FOR THEIR BENEFIT; WHICH, she would not have at all had HE not also been making sacrifices, and WHOM SHE HAS ABANDONED, NOT CARING WHETHER HER OWN KIDS EAT OR STARVE TO DEATH; then your son needs to get a NEW atty.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97560 Nov 18, 2013
Vic wrote:
EYe,
ITA: Homeschooling is bs. Kids got to go out into world sometime. My sister homeschooled her adopted son 8th grade. He was being bullied along with his ADD, she was at school daily. SO she homeschool. He super smart in everything except math, so I helped him with that/ Well over the summer prior to Freshman year, our little duckling turned into a very handsome swan. Nobody knew him when it went back. He's very musically inclinded. He picked up a guitar and now he's in his junior year, mentors at an elementary school where it met head of music dept. from Weslyn College and this man sent him a postcard wanting him to go there.
This is very touching Vic. This nephew would be one of few exceptions to most of these home schooling parents (that I've heard of) who keep their kids at home for no good reason other than to hide their abuses and pour more abuse onto their little tormented body. But, Thank God for a caring mother such as your sister who had every right AND THE URGENCY, to home school this child. She would have been terribly remiss if she had NOT kept him at home! AND, oh so lovely that you helped her; just goes to show what a kind, caring and loving heart you both have!

It's such a wonderful thing to find these children like your sisters' adopted son have such exceptional talents! I know both of you must be SO proud for him! And my G/D who was so horribly neglected and abused as a toddler, now so bright! God has his own way of recompensing these babes, Vic, and making them special. You'd never guess that when she was three, I sat with her one day for 3-hrs, just the two of us, trying to teach her A,B,C.

Just those 3 letters and could NOT. I decided THAT day, this child acts like she's stupid, this is something I won't be able to deal with, Oh God, help me! I decided THAT DAY, counseling, AND put her in school right now, and immediately placed her in pre-pre-K; then pre-K, then Kindergarten, drove her every day, and didn't care how much it cost me. NO WAY could I teach a stupid child. NOW, unbelievable, like your nephew; she is brilliant!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97561 Nov 18, 2013
Vic, you asked, so I will tell you. My cough is not good, yesterday I had another one of those horrible coughing fits, making me so weak, then my son to got the buttermilk for me and it DID calm it; and yes, my throat is very dry ALL THE TIME. The radiation left my throat very dry; and I don't care what 'they' say, that my voice will get stronger, it is NOT getting stronger, it is getting weaker and harder to speak.

If you can think of it, what is the name of that script you mentioned? I would LOVE to have it, and THANK YOU!
Vic

AOL

#97562 Nov 18, 2013
Eye,

Did you call dr. Are your feverish,joint pain? No I asked is your mouth dry? It's very commom side effect of radiotheraphy and for alot folks it never goes away. The name of the drug is NUsal and it is an rx. Check temp. very important.
I don't know why I cann't understand about the house stuff. It's like I see the words but neurons don't fire. Son's lawyer appointment is Wednesday and that's also Kirt's birthday. This year it's been so hard but I have Sweet Jesus holding me, you guys, my family.
Vic

AOL

#97563 Nov 18, 2013
I say its be mucositis. Try gargling with solution of salt and baking soda, Biotene mouth wash,and then mucus suction machine/ You've got to thin that mess down. There's also Guifensen, its for infection.

Vic

AOL

#97564 Nov 18, 2013
sorry it could be
Vic

AOL

#97565 Nov 18, 2013
Pooh, while buttermilk make thoat feel better, guess what, it produces excess of mucos. Sorry, It just dawned on me. Sorry, I it didn't realize it sooner. Darn
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97566 Nov 18, 2013
Vic wrote:
Eye,
Did you call dr. Are your feverish,joint pain? No I asked is your mouth dry? It's very commom side effect of radiotheraphy and for alot folks it never goes away. The name of the drug is NUsal and it is an rx. Check temp. very important.
I don't know why I cann't understand about the house stuff. It's like I see the words but neurons don't fire. Son's lawyer appointment is Wednesday and that's also Kirt's birthday. This year it's been so hard but I have Sweet Jesus holding me, you guys, my family.
I'm sorry Vic, I know the loss of your other son is very hard on you (and likely hubby too) and troubles you deeply. How could it not? I wish there was something I could say that might ease your mind but I know there isn't. I know it's different losing a child, but the grief & pain hurt me so when I my husband passed. It nearly killed me for several yrs (and still haunts me) and there wasn't one thing anyone could say, or do, not one thing. I still think of him sadly, often. I can only tell you that we will see them again in the sweet bye & bye. We will Vic, where there will be no more pain and sorrow, no tears.

Vic, you probably told us earlier on, but refresh my memory; how old are your g/sons? Did you say once that you pick them up at the bus stop everyday after school, or just one? Do you babysit everyday, week-ends too? Was sons' wifey paying a care sitter while she worked, before she left him and abandoned them? If so, this is another big cost she has laid on the back of your son, and now YOU having to pick up the slack in HER place. All of this should be considered in court filings and support demands.

Thank you Vic for your valued advice, I will call the doc in the A.M. and try to get this script.(BTW, I tried the mouth rise you suggested while having the treatments and it caused me to choke, but will try it again). No hon, I do not have a temp, one of the few things I don't have although I did have fevers daily/nightly for several yrs prior to the radiation, and occasionally still get one for no reason. They come and go, but not right now. TKX!
Canton, OH

#97567 Nov 18, 2013
Hey Guys,

Anne, Vic, and Sami, sorry, didn't mean to bring that up, then go MIA,imagine this, I posted that, and my computer shut down! So, anyway, please let me add this first. I do not know who here believes who, what story, theory, or what they read, but this is truly just something I found when looking for new updates about Haleigh. But this appears to be written by that Timothy Holmeseth. I know there was a lot of negative surrounding his interest in this case so, again, I don't particularly know if this information is even remotely close to being true...just found while searching for updates. Personally, I still believe it was Haleigh that was laid on that dumpster. But if you are interested in reading the whole article, its very lengthy so, make sure you have some time set aside b/c you will be awhile. lol.

http://haleighcummingsdotme.wordpress.com/
Canton, OH

#97568 Nov 18, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
Wow Karma! I can't believe you found this. Finding it must have taken considerable work by you. Thank you! And you know what? I BELIEVE IT! Ronald Cummings is/was perfectly capable of killing someone right in that MH, AND disposing of them; AND the PCSO forever keeping mum about it.
All one has to do is pull up Rons' lengthy record and they will see that he had numerous charges filed against him ever since he was a young teenager, and every time he was waltzed in and out thru the turn-around doors of the county court house; ALL parlayed at the hands of his buds at the PCSO. Hell, they even let him leisurely ride around with them in their squad cars!
What I don't understand is why the FBI never got involved after little Haleigh went missing, supposedly,(according to the PCSO)'kidnapped' and still being sought!
Hell yeah, they covered up her death and disposal, and every piece of criminal evidence. It's the old 'scratch my back and I'll scratch yours'. Just like Misty said once, he (and she) knows PLENTY of dirt on the PCSO!
Agreed Anne! I don't think its totally impossible for RC, but who knows. Like Sami said, if that happened, you would have thought it would have come out in the news. But, this man said he reported it to LE and the FBI. I know I have said this many times, but I am still wanting to know what the headless rat in Tommy's mailbox, placed their by father of the year RC was all about. Would love to know what it was he wanted to keep Tommy quiet about. I am sure it was something to do with Haleigh's disappearance, but what exactly??
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97569 Nov 18, 2013
Vic wrote:
Pooh, while buttermilk make thoat feel better, guess what, it produces excess of mucos. Sorry, It just dawned on me. Sorry, I it didn't realize it sooner. Darn
Vic Sweetie! It's okay. No apology needed. I already suspected this but since it helps so much this is not a concern to me until I can find something better, IFF that's even possible. Meanwhile, I'm perfectly happy with the buttermilk!!(Just glad there is something that relieves it at all). Thanks, hon.
Canton, OH

#97570 Nov 18, 2013
Vic wrote:
Good Morning,
This is my fourth time trying to get a post to go through. WOW Karma you go girl. Guys, your compassion is so appreciated. I was so tired,emotional yesterday and the boys were cross with each other it was just bad day, but I put them to work, started planning for holiday menu and how to get it cooked,packed, and delivered to 3 houses. I went from blue to can do by late afternoon.
Karma,
WOw never heard this. Great find.
Eye,
Your right. Sell it all, split the money. I'm over the Drama(one of my many names for it). Oh, how's your cough? Is your thorat really dry. THey make saliva substitute. It's an RX but folks have found it to be very effective. Well got to go clean hubby's bathroom, have to find my hasmat(sp) suit.LOL
Aww Vic, how sweet of you to be so involved in your grandsons lives, I know they are so special to you, and its clear you would do anything for them. I hear grandkids are the best!! Can you believe its already time to start planning another holiday dinner? Time really flies!

Thanks Vic, not sure how true the info. is, but that's what posted on the site anyway. lol
Canton, OH

#97571 Nov 18, 2013
Vic wrote:
EYe,
Glad all worked out for your nephew Vic! The bullying in the schools now days is really something. Seems there was bullying when we were in school, but now days kids have access to social media, cellphones, text, etc...Seems aside from them bullying at school, they use the other methods as well. I feel really bad for kids in school today...especially with all the school shootings. Scary!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97572 Nov 18, 2013
Karma wrote:
Hey Guys,
Anne, Vic, and Sami, sorry, didn't mean to bring that up, then go MIA,imagine this, I posted that, and my computer shut down! So, anyway, please let me add this first. I do not know who here believes who, what story, theory, or what they read, but this is truly just something I found when looking for new updates about Haleigh. But this appears to be written by that Timothy Holmeseth. I know there was a lot of negative surrounding his interest in this case so, again, I don't particularly know if this information is even remotely close to being true...just found while searching for updates. Personally, I still believe it was Haleigh that was laid on that dumpster. But if you are interested in reading the whole article, its very lengthy so, make sure you have some time set aside b/c you will be awhile. http://haleighcummingsdotme.wordpress.com/
Hey Karma! Sorry 'bout your 'puter problems, hope it's okay now?

Karma, thank you for posting this!! I haven't checked out this one yet but have read most of Timothy Holmesths' publications. I noticed previously that he gets a little carried away in some of his views but for the most part he DOES try to expose the facts.

He is the only one that I've ever seen who mentioned that the first call reporting Haleigh missing was made at 2:13 a.m. that morning and NOT at 3:27, and that PCSO already knew Haleigh was missing when the later call was made by Misty; and actually went to interview Sgt (now Lt) Johnny Greenwood of the PCSO, who confirmed that this was true. For this, he gets a tip of the hat from me. Many consider Holmesth a goofball of sorts, but I give him a lot of credit for not being afraid to speak out, and for trying to confront the many lies of RC, TN, AS and the blatant corruptness of the PCSO head on.

It's just a damned sorry shame that none of the news media cared enough about sweet Haleighs' murder to even make an effort to get to the truth. At least Holmseth tried.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,233,742
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min Patriot AKA Bozo 53,482
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 19 min LizW 498,124
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 22 min Wiley_Kyote 71,865
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 17,850
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 12,577
News Body of missing teen boater found (May '09) 1 hr Redsox2015 46
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr LizW 18,147
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]