Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98474 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97306 Nov 8, 2013
Sami wrote:
Hi curious, that big, fat, witch, can't coverup where an email was sent from no matter how hard she tried. See this just pisses me off. Ppl can sit there and tell lie after lie after not reporting their child missing and we have to accept it even though we and the whole world knows it's lies. Where the he-- does common sense come into play? Why isn't there a common sense law, seriously? Why does our judicial system have to play these fu--ing games? It's a waste of time and $. The child has been missing for two yrs., she never reported her missing and she can't tell where she is. Well, then too bad for her, her fat azz and her stupid husband should be arrested and put in prison for life without parole. When they find this poor childs body, then they should be put to death asap. I swear our laws are so friggen backwards, it's not even funny.
Exactly Sami, tired of seeing all the games played by Casey and her husband (who sits there like he has to have permission to speak)! Remember all the lies CA spewed and of course, nothing done about that either. She had LE all over Disney World claiming she worked there. Then Misty, whether she had a hand in Haleigh's demise or not, she still lied, and changed her story every time her lips moved, while RC lied about just happening to come in from wrk to find Haleigh gone and mother Teresa getting there in record beraking time, Billie Dunn and SA claiming Hailey went to stay the night with a friend, the mother in Aliayah (sp) case, iirc, she claimed to be driving around for 2 hours trying to find her daughter before reporting her missing, Angela and Steven, O she was abducted from her bed. Sick of hearin that too!! I am with you all the way Sami, something should be done when these creatures whom kill their children or someone elses for that matter, should have to face some type of consequences!! Its so frustrating listening to them lie and some just get right off. Like Kyron's step-monster.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97307 Nov 8, 2013
Ugh, yep Kyron's stepmother and her lying bs makes me sick too. Who cares what lies she tells. Kyron did not go to class and she was the last one with him. She killed him. I guess it's ok for ppl to just say their child went poof in the ngt, morning, afternoon or never report them missing at all and it's AAAA Okay. It's really ridiculous that in this day and age this bs slides. I hope Angela and her bf get the dp. They beat that child to death and hid her body. I don't care which did what, they're both guilty and that should be the end. Fry them. We don't need any expensive equipment. Shoot them or do whatever. Who cares how politically correct the way they are given the dp is. At least they are dying for their own evil actions unlike the poor babies they murder. We have to stop the liberal, bs and give these ppl what they deserve.
Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97308 Nov 8, 2013
Yes, wish it were eye for an eye! Totally agree, in this day and age, there is no reason why when someone harms/kills their child or is in any way resp for their disappearance, all they have to do is lie and if no body found, or information regading their whereabouts, they are basically free to live their lives!! Makes no sense to me!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97309 Nov 8, 2013
Curious, I can't believe it. Really, I can't. Look at what babykiller Casey did. Not only did she never call and report her child missing, but she led LE on wild goose hunts to apt. bldgs., blaming someone who didn't have anything to do with it. She took them to Universal when she knew she didn't even work there. She then turned around and blamed her father. I can't believe those incompetent jurors had enough nerve to ask for snacks and entertainment which was paid by the taxpayers for sitting there and doing nothing. Those solid gold idiots should have to pay back all the $ for their bs perks since they couldn't even do a friggen job they were there to do. What, Bk Casey, didn't notice her baby missing? She didn't care enough to even report it? No, she killed her and it's obvious she killed her. He-- she went and rented movies the same night with her bf and shacked up with him immediately after she got rid of her baby cuz her bf didn't want Caylee at the house. Hell her car even smelled like a dead body and there was evidence of decomposition not to mention the evidence that was found with her body that came from the Anthony's home. How much more evidence did these idiots need to convict her? The same with Allayah (sp?) sure her friggen drug addict so called mother drove around for 2 hrs. looking for her toddler before calling the PO. No, it's more like she drove to get rid of her and waited to come up with some bs story. Also, I do believe that Dylan's father killed him too. Sure some child murderer just happened to be there the same day Dylan happened to go to his fathers for Thanksgiven. How convenient for this child killer to be there then and know the father was gonna go do business and Dylan was just gonna walk out of the house and this killer could get him in this remote area. Not to mention Dylan didn't visit his father often there and his father wasn't even often there cuz he worked out of town. I feel so bad for his mother and brother and they even say they know it was the father who killed him. I know it's taking all her strength not to want to kill him. That would be a horrible feeling knowing who killed your child and not being able to do a damn thing about it. I know for a fact if it were me and the law couldn't do anything to him, I would.

Oh Gosh, I'm sorry, I'm on a roll today, but these cases make me so sick cuz there's no justice for these poor children even when we know who is responsible for their death.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97310 Nov 8, 2013
I don't know if any of you watched the vids or show of Michelle Knight on Dr. Phil, but she has nothing to do with her family and if you remember when she was finally found after 11 yrs. without her family even searching for her like Gina & Amanda's did, her family said she was slow. She is not slow at all. In fact she speaks very well and sings even better. She said her mother kept her home and away from ppl and school to dummy her down so she could claim she had a learning disability so she could collect SSI on her and I believe that's exactly what Casey and Sandy did to Erica.
Canton, OH

#97311 Nov 9, 2013
Sami wrote:
I don't know if any of you watched the vids or show of Michelle Knight on Dr. Phil, but she has nothing to do with her family and if you remember when she was finally found after 11 yrs. without her family even searching for her like Gina & Amanda's did, her family said she was slow. She is not slow at all. In fact she speaks very well and sings even better. She said her mother kept her home and away from ppl and school to dummy her down so she could claim she had a learning disability so she could collect SSI on her and I believe that's exactly what Casey and Sandy did to Erica.
Hey Sami,

I did watch Michelle Knight on Dr. Phil. So horrific what she and the others girls went through. I wondered why she doesn't want anything to do with her mother. Guess that explains it. In addition to that POS her mother was with that broke Michelle's lil ones leg. Her interview made me bawl! Did you see parts one and two?? I hope Michelle is soon reunited with her son. I believe she said he is 13 yrs old now. When they showed a couple clips of her so called mother, not a single tear about her being found, wanting to reunite, nothing that I could see!! Michelle said she was never allowed out of the house, or to have friends, no boyfriends. it was really sad. She had a hard life from day one, then the creature that abducted her, kept telling her that nobody was looking for her and that he could be as mean as he wanted to her b/c she had nobody that cared about her. Did you hear her talk about the miscarriages and how he caused them? OMG...so inhumane!! Such a sad story. So glad those girls escaped and are free from that hell they were living in!!
Canton, OH

#97312 Nov 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
The Original Musings
Accept no substitutes!
What goes around comes around
Or … You get what you give
Or … They that plow iniquity, and sow wickedness, reap the same (Job 4:8, kjv).
I could keep going, but I think my point is made: call it karma. No doubt you’re now wondering to whom the point is directed. Becky M. knows, she’s the one who tipped me to the story — thanks, Becky!
This one is long, and it’s ugly. If you haven’t eaten, you’ll probably lose your appetite. If you have, you’re apt to lose your lunch.
On the morning of January 18, 1993, 19-year old Ronald Phillips called his girlfriend’s daughters (Sara, 29 months and Sheila, 3 years) to breakfast. His girlfriend, 26-year old Fae Evans, was at the family doctor for a routine checkup on their infant son, Ronald, Jr.
When Fae returned from the appointment, she found her boyfriend sitting in the kitchen. After they talked for a few moments, she called her daughters. Neither responded, nor did they come to her. She got up and went to find out why. As she walked into their bedroom, her boyfriend went past her and “found” Sheila lying on her bed motionless, pale and cold. He then lifted Sheila and carried her downstairs to his grandmother’s apartment. His grandmother, Hazel Phillips called 911 and reported that Sheila was not breathing. She relayed instructions on performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation to Ronald, who attempted to revive Sheila until medical assistance arrived less than four minutes later. They immediately transported her to Akron’s Children’s Hospital.
Hey zazz, thanks for sharing, I read about this in our local newspaper. Now, Ron Phillips of course believes he deserves clemency! He is definitely where he belongs.
Canton, OH

#97313 Nov 9, 2013
zazz, I didn't know if you knew this yet but Sheila's mother that tried for early release died of cancer July 2008.

Here is the article from our local news, I apologize if you already seen it, not sure where you are located.

Parole board recommends no mercy for killer of Akron girl, 3

By Ed Meyer
Beacon Journal staff writer
More Sharing Services
Print
Reprint
Subscribe
Facebook

Twitter
Add This
Published: October 24, 2013 - 07:35 AM

Death row inmate Ronald Ray Phillips of Akron was denied clemency Thursday in a unanimous decision by the Ohio Parole Board in a case described as “the worst of the worst capital crimes.”

Phillips, 40, is scheduled to die Nov. 14 for raping and killing 3-year-old Sheila Marie Evans, the daughter of his late girlfriend, 20 years ago.

After being subjected to repeated physical abuse by Phillips — and the mother doing nothing to stop it, prosecutors said — Sheila Marie died of internal injuries at Akron Children’s Hospital on Jan. 18, 1993.

Summit County Assistant Prosecutor Brad Gessner went to Columbus last week to argue against Phillips’ bid for clemency. His lawyers claimed mercy was in order because he was sexually, physically and verbally abused by his father and other relatives during childhood.

“When you look at the case of Sheila Marie Evans, and the vicious, brutal beating she took, it would be hard for anyone to say that didn’t deserve a death penalty,” Gessner said in a Beacon Journal interview.

Former Summit County Coroner William Cox testified that the autopsy revealed more than 130 bruises on the child’s body.

The review of Phillips’ case, with 11 members of the parole board participating, was 11-0 against clemency on the grounds that what he did was “clearly among the worst of the worst capital crimes,” the report stated.

By the tone of the 44-page review, parole board members were shaken by the evidence and testimony, saying in the first paragraph of their conclusions:“Words cannot convey the barbarity of the crime. It is simply unconscionable.”

Near the end of the report, which will be submitted to Gov. John Kasich’s office for the final decision on clemency, one of Sheila Marie’s family members wrote this passage:“We didn’t get to see her off to kindergarten, get her driver’s license, graduate high school, get married and have a family of her own.

“Instead, we have to live with the memories of her leaving this world in fear and in pain, and the image of her tiny body in a casket is forever etched in our minds.”

If Phillips’ execution does proceed, he would be the first person in the state to die under a revised Ohio policy using one drug — pentobarbital, a sedative — as the primary method.

Pentobarbital is in short supply from manufacturers, however.

Further complicating the matter, state prison officials reported that their last dosage was used in the execution of Harry Mitts Jr., of Cuyahoga County, on Sept. 25. Obtaining additional supplies from specialized pharmacies also has proven to be a problem, according to executives at the Ohio Pharmacists Association, because the association’s code of ethics, much like that of doctors, promises to do no harm to patients.

If pentobarbital is not available, state policy allows for the use of two drugs — midazolam, a sedative; and hydromorphone, a painkiller — to be injected intravenously. But those drugs previously were to be used only for direct injection into muscle.

Ohio’s revised policy was linked to a federal lawsuit about the state’s lethal-injection procedures, making more legal challenges a strong possibility.

The warden at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility, which houses death row, is expected to determine by Nov. 1 whether the state has obtained a usable supply of pentobarbital from a pharmacy.
Canton, OH

#97314 Nov 9, 2013
Hey zazz, I typed you two messages but for some reason they are not posting. Thanks for sharing the story about the POS Ron Phillips that killed 3 yr. old Sheila. Of course he now believes he deserves clemency! It is in our local newspaper, I read about this about a wk or so ago.

I tried to copy/paste the article about her mother Fae Evans passing away of cancer in 2008 but for some reason my post didn't come through. I didn't know if you knew Fae died. I know it said she was trying for early release b/c she didn't feel she should have to die in prison. Umm, her daughter shouldn't have had to die at the hands of her mothers live in boyfriend either!! Will never understand how a man comes before the child!
Canton, OH

#97316 Nov 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
If anyone is interested in Aliayah's case go to this link and read from the bottom up.
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Search_Con...
Thanks again zazz,

Another one I happened to be reading up on. I remembered this mother having 5 children at the time and being pregnant with twins at the time Aliayah disappeared from her bedroom. Just going by memory now, but I believe she is the one who, in the beginning, said she drove around for 2-3 hours trying to find her before calling 911. This lil girl looked so sad in her pics. Reading about the mother, she does not deserve the children she has, but for some reason continues having them (for more welfare would be my guess). In/out jail or prison, committing welfare fraud. Not staying away from the convicted felon she had another child with. This woman is a hot mess! If they haven't already, imo, the State needs to take these children away!
Canton, OH

#97317 Nov 9, 2013
Here is the demon that raped and killed 3 yr. old Sheila Evans

http://www.drc.ohio.gov/OffenderSearch/detail...
Canton, OH

#97318 Nov 9, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree. She is worse than him IMO.
He is scheduled for execution on the 14th. I pray he is not able to find an idiot judge to issue a stay.
I have no sympathy for this POS nor the POS mother. They both are a waste of oxygen.
I cry and mourn for this precious little baby girl. It may well be true that she is better off dead. How sad.
He was denied clemency!!! I know we are all happy to hear that hah!!
Canton, OH

#97319 Nov 9, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no words to express. But, reading it did keep me from giving in to 'late night' munchies. The 'mother' of those girls needs to be executed right along with her so-called boyfriend. Druggies, no doubt. I saw on Mystery Detective last week, a rather bizarre case. This guy (had to be still in his 20's) had raped his three MONTH old daughter.THREE MONTHS OLD!.. he knew once authorities found it out he would be sent to prison. He knew he was in big trouble, because some prisoners attack others for such a crime.
He then came up with a plan; he picked out a family who lived several blocks away. When the wife came home first, as soon as she entered the house he shot and killed her. It didn't take long for the police to trace him and arrest him. He had invaded the family's house, stayed there all day, ate some food, etc. When he was interrogated as to why he killed her, he said that it was because he wanted to be sent up for murder, not child (baby) rape. He is now on death row.
I think we need to make some changes in our constitution. The "not cruel or unusual punishment" for a criminal needs to not apply to drug addicts, or to anyone who by their own hand indulges in such, or alcohol. These people are no longer human and do NOT deserve citizens' rights, IMO. They need to be taken out in the country in designated areas, and hung by the neck until they are dead.
Couldn't agree more Ponderings! Shame an innocent woman returning home lost her life just b/c this POS didn't want to rot, be raped in prison or beat to death by other inmates!!! Totally agree with some changes needed to the constitution. The mercy shown to murders etc...are just down right sickening!!! Fed up with it too!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#97320 Nov 9, 2013
This is the ending of the above murder posted by EyeofNewt:

1/2

Gary man gets 80 years in beating death of son, 13

By Dennis Sullivan and Andy Grimm Chicago Tribune
4:50 p.m. EST, January 11, 2013

A Gary, Ind. man charged with keeping his 13-year-old son in a dog cage, then beating the boy to death and burying the body in a shallow grave near the family’s home in a trailer park was sentenced this morning to 80 years in prison.

Riley Choate, 40, entered a plea deal with Lake County, Ind., prosecutors this month with an agreed sentence that spares him some 40 years off the 120-year sentence he faced on charges tied to years of brutal abuse of his son, Christian, that led to the boy’s death in 2009.

The boy, who weighed less than 50 pounds when he died, had lived the last two years of his life confined to a 3-foot high dog cage, and was beaten regularly by his father.

“I can’t conceive of any set of facts charging neglect that could be any worse,” prosecutor Michael Woods said in court in Crown Point this morning.

Lake County Superior Court Judge Diane Boswell said there was plenty of blame to go around and several people had failed Christian.

“The pain and the suffering, the degradation this baby went through for two years of his life is incomprehensible,” Boswell said.“I can’t imagine any circumstance when a parent would allow this.”

Choate addressed the judge briefly before the sentencing.“All my actions will haunt me forever. I loved my son,” he said.

Christian’s body was discovered by police investigators in 2011, after his older sister told relatives the boy had died two years earlier after Choate punched him repeatedly.

Choate and his wife, Kimberly Kubina, loaded the boy’s body into a tote, then buried him under concrete beneath a shed with a Bible laid across his chest. They told the other children — and, initially, police investigators -- that Christian had run away. The family moved to Kentucky not long after Christian died.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97321 Nov 9, 2013
The sister, one of as many as 10 children living with Choate and his wife and co-defendant, Kimberly Kubina, in a single-wide trailer on the west side of Gary, had been removed from school in the Gary suburb of Merrillville in 2007 to be homeschooled. Kubina later admitted the children were pulled out of school because Choate’s abuse of the boy was escalating and Christian often was badly bruised.

The girl was charged with taking care of her brother, whom Choate and Kubina said had to be confined after he was caught “molesting” his younger step brother.

Christian initially was confined to a bedroom, then a bathroom, then was tied to a bed frame. After he managed to escape, he was locked in a dog cage they purchased from a neighbor. The boy was fed noodles twice a day, and given leftovers from dinner. The girl admitted she also beat and choked her brother regularly, and that she endured beatings at Choate’s hands as well.

Child welfare officials were infrequent visitors to the family’s trailer park, and had investigated abuse allegations against Choate involving children other than Christian. A neighbor said she twice called police, and in turn the Indiana Department of Child and Family Services, with concerns, but never saw an investigator enter the family’s trailer.

On April, 4, 2009, Christian’s sister told police the boy refused to eat, and an enraged Choate punched Christian “full force” several times in the head and threw him back into his cage, court records state. Christian died the following day. The Lake County coroner’s office listed the cause of death as blunt force trauma to the head, and a skull fracture.

Kubina, who divorced Choate from jail in 2011, entered a plea deal with prosecutors and agreed to cooperate in Choate’s prosecution. She is set to be sentenced in February on child neglect charges. She has told prosecutors she sometimes stopped Choate from beating Christian but never went to authorities to report the abuse because she feared losing custody of other children in the home.

Choate himself won custody of Christian and his sister in 2004. The children’s biological mother said she hadn’t seen the children since 2004.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/chi-man-expected-to-...

Level 8

Location hidden

#97322 Nov 9, 2013
The POS stepmother pleaded guilty and got 35 years.

I hope their fellow inmates beat the shit out of them on a daily basis the whole time they are in there. I also hope they leave in pine boxes.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97323 Nov 9, 2013
Karma wrote:
zazz, I didn't know if you knew this yet but Sheila's mother that tried for early release died of cancer July 2008.
Here is the article from our local news, I apologize if you already seen it, not sure where you are located.
Parole board recommends no mercy for killer of Akron girl, 3
By Ed Meyer
Beacon Journal staff writer
More Sharing Services
Print
Reprint
Subscribe
Facebook
Twitter
Add This
Published: October 24, 2013 - 07:35 AM
Death row inmate Ronald Ray Phillips of Akron was denied clemency Thursday in a unanimous decision by the Ohio Parole Board in a case described as “the worst of the worst capital crimes.”
Phillips, 40, is scheduled to die Nov. 14 for raping and killing 3-year-old Sheila Marie Evans, the daughter of his late girlfriend, 20 years ago.
After being subjected to repeated physical abuse by Phillips — and the mother doing nothing to stop it, prosecutors said — Sheila Marie died of internal injuries at Akron Children’s Hospital on Jan. 18, 1993.
Snipped
I did know she died of Leukemia in prison, a fitting end for such a monster.

Thank you for posting this for me, it was very sweet and thoughtful of you.

His last appeal was just rejected and he will be executed on the 14 of this month. Another fitting end for another POS monster.

Isn't it something that the cruelest murderers are the ones who cry "cruel and unusual punishment"?

He will have a much easier death than poor Christian who suffered for years. Death was a release for this poor child. God rest his soul.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97324 Nov 9, 2013
Karma wrote:
Hey zazz, I typed you two messages but for some reason they are not posting. Thanks for sharing the story about the POS Ron Phillips that killed 3 yr. old Sheila. Of course he now believes he deserves clemency! It is in our local newspaper, I read about this about a wk or so ago.
I tried to copy/paste the article about her mother Fae Evans passing away of cancer in 2008 but for some reason my post didn't come through. I didn't know if you knew Fae died. I know it said she was trying for early release b/c she didn't feel she should have to die in prison. Umm, her daughter shouldn't have had to die at the hands of her mothers live in boyfriend either!! Will never understand how a man comes before the child!
Key Karma. Thanks for the posts to me. Your posts showed up here, another odd occurrence on Topix.

A while back I posted a series of posts for Newt. She couldn't read them, those post numbers were missing for her. It's odd but I've see this a lot on Topix and have no idea why it happens.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97325 Nov 9, 2013
Karma, not only clemency but his appeals for the drugs being used being "cruel and unusual punishment" were also denied. It looks good for the 14th.

Level 8

Location hidden

#97326 Nov 9, 2013
Undercover cop and 10 others indicted in biker mob attack

NYPD Det. Wojciech Braszczok, who faces up to 25 years behind bars if convicted on the top count, is one of 11 bikers formally charged in a 14-count indictment over the alleged attack on Range Rover driver Alexian Lien in a videotaped Sept. 29 encounter that went viral and kick-started a massive manhunt for those involved. Snipped...

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/undercove...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Well Well 1,579,779
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr fortmyersf 513,417
*great oaks village* (Oct '09) 2 hr Tina 30
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 4 hr Princess Hey 9,808
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 13,059
3 word game (Jan '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 14,335
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 13,400

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages