Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98706 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97245 Nov 2, 2013
Go p'ss up a rope.

This old biddie was one of the meanest, snobbiest, phoniest, trouble makers that ever lived. God rest her soul; I hope she's found some peace now.

All she ever did was run from one to another carrying her tales of venom. I was DELIGHTED to finally find just one tiny little thing that SHE did similar to the crudeness she had held over everyone elses' head for years, usually making it up as she went!

Shame on me? She deserved it! None of us ever mentioned it to her anyway, since no one dared speak up to 'mom', so what's YOUR problem? Shame on YOU for poking an insult at me for having to live so close to this hateful old b'tch for so many years and having to tolerate her sickening phony crap against everyone else all the time.

Sorry to disappoint you, you silly dim wit, but the most that ever came of my revelation anyhow was that we all got a good laugh out of it including my hubby, the premie.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97246 Nov 2, 2013
Annie, lmbo about your ex mil. Yep, it's always fun to find out hidden secrets on some who claim to be sooooo perfect. Heck, it's not like you were the one who had a baby out of wedlock and hid it. You just found out that she lied. No fault in being smart....lolol
lil ole me

Hernando, FL

#97247 Nov 2, 2013
My goodness, what a Christian reply that was, full of understanding, kindness, sympathy and forgiveness.

I will pray that you can find some peace since you appear to be a bitter old biddy.

Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97248 Nov 2, 2013
lolol, is that comment to me lil ole me? I never claimed to be a saint, just a good ole Christian with a brain. I can careless if someone had a baby out of wedlock. There's no forgiveness needed and I am kind. I just thought it to be a bit funny that Annie knew the lie that was probably already known by many anyway. No hurt done....lolol
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97249 Nov 3, 2013
Sami wrote:
Annie, lmbo about your ex mil. Yep, it's always fun to find out hidden secrets on some who claim to be sooooo perfect. Heck, it's not like you were the one who had a baby out of wedlock and hid it. You just found out that she lied. No fault in being smart....lolol
Mornin' Sami! Tell you the truth, it was funny as hell at the time, but also tragedy struck at the same time, which in retrospect was really sad. Mom's father was an engineer on the RR. On C'Mas day he was injured in a rail accident and had both legs cut off. Many times we heard that story, how they all sat with him all day and night until he passed, but the rest of the story came out later when I pieced it all together.

It was the NEXT day after C'Mas that mom & pop had to get married as her poor father lay dying. You would think they could have waited a few days longer since in fact, she was already knocked up. But no, the sooner the better, that's how hard she was trying to hide it. So the whole story really was sad and the pregnant wedding so unnecessary on that very day.

The only thing funny about it was how she had lived for the next 50 years claiming their anniv was months earlier, which we all celebrated the fake anniv date that would have allowed them to be married nine months when their baby was born, only then to find out all these years later when the REAL 50th anniv date was announced for their huge party, and all of a sudden their anniv
date is moved UP 3-1/2 months LATER than it always had been.

I tell ya, no one in that family noticed how she had changed some dates but me when I started counting on my fingers and realized 'well, hells bells, Mom lied all these years, they had only been married 5-1/2 mons when Jack was born! Hell yeah I told everybody since she had made most of our lives miserable with her shyt all those years. I figured payback is grand! Only, none of us ever had the nerve to tell her we knew.

But I probably shouldn't have mentioned it here; it's just that sometimes I like to bring in a little humor if that's possible.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97250 Nov 3, 2013
lil ole me wrote:
My goodness, what a Christian reply that was, full of understanding, kindness, sympathy and forgiveness.
I will pray that you can find some peace since you appear to be a bitter old biddy.
Oh for heavens' sakes! I am NOT a bitter old biddy. Just realistic. And I AM a Christian. A Christian is one who stands by, stands for, believes in, follows, and proclaims the Name of Christ. Spell it: Christ-IAN. That is not to say that I perfect, am not given to anger or disputing, do not become defensive, and do not have to give an account of my sins.

However, you are probably right that I ought to put all perverseness away from me, not that this is what you said, but is as we are warned to do. The problem is that I have a creative mind, among other talents, but this too I must give an account of. I will consider your chastisement, alrighty?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97251 Nov 3, 2013
Karma wrote:
You have a good weekend too Anne, hope all works out for you, your son, and g/d.:)
Thank you Karma, Sami & all. All is good and pleasant, so far. But I can see some real challenges coming. Changing my G/D in school after the school year is already progressing is not going to be easy. She has been very upset and crying about this. This happened with no warning and no chance to say goodbye, make an adjustment or future plans. She came home from school on Fri and her daddy says,'pack your things, we're going back home.'

She was/is a special ed student in Sarasota, is a high acheiver, one of only two in her school who are rated gifted, and for this the State of Fla pays her school a rather large monthly stipend for her special studies. She is in the 6th grade and doing 7th grade work along with her 6th grade work, and to date, had been scheduled to go directly into the 8th grade next year.

NOW all of this is subject to blow up in her face as she would have to be reapproved in the school she will be attending here; not to mention, all her friends are up there. Oh yeah, she is very distressed but seems to be accepting it for now, having no other choice, I guess. Honestly, I have no idea how this is all going to work out for her.

As for my son, I can see that he has been under heavy stress and the peace and rest won't hurt him, being down here. He has come back all bloated, water logged and heavy again like he was before his heart condition was brought under control, so now that's another thing we're going to have to deal with. But truly, I really do believe that all will work out nicely in it's own time.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97252 Nov 3, 2013
GM ALL!, gosh, Annie, I see that comment from good ole lil ole was for you. I saw the comment after mine and didn't scroll up. So your mil changed her whole anniversary date. I guess she had to as she was already three mos. pregnant, but how sad on the timing. I believe there were many cases like this long ago. However, if they were just a mo. or so pregnant they probably just said the baby was early. I know a couple friends of mine saw pics of their parents wedding day when they were older, probably TA and one of my friends mothers was pregnant in the pic. and my other friends found that she was in the wedding day pic of her parents, she was probably 2 yrs. old. lol
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97253 Nov 3, 2013
Oh Annie, I know the changing of school and friends has to be hard on your lil GD. Hopefully, the schools will work together and transfer all that is needed to keep her in her advanced classes. You must be very proud of her. She sounds like such a lovely, smart, lil gal and she probably feels like it's the end of the world right now, but she'll adjust fine as soon as she gets into school and meets some friends. Does she still have friends she knows from when she lived there? Maybe your son can surprise her with a new lil hamster. They're not expensive and she can busy herself playing and taking care of it...lol
Canton, OH

#97254 Nov 3, 2013
GM All,

Aww Anne, everything happens for a reason, it will all work out for your g'daughter. Like Sami said, she may even be happy to see her old friends from being there before.:) I understand when they are that age, its not as easy as the earlier yrs. But it will all work out in the end. I hope she gets to stay in the advanced classes as well, and can still advance to the 8th grade as prev planned.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97258 Nov 4, 2013
GM ALL!

I hope LE puts the heat on those Carsons soon. I can't believe there is no law regarding the disappearance of ones child when they are responsible for them and they don't even call LE concerning their disappearance. I mean common,it's only common sense that there is foul play and they are involved. Gosh, even the so called adopted parents in Greece are in prison for perhaps an illegal adoption among other things like drugs, guns and FRAUD. I know LE has a plan and they want to wait and get them on Erica's disappearance before they are charged with fraud, etc.
Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97259 Nov 4, 2013
Hey Sami,

Yes, its time! She clearly has not produced the information needed to locate Erica once and for all! Sick of her excuses and lies! Didn't she once come up with a lie regarding emails she had sent to "Nan" regarding Erica and her well being? Well, where are those emails? Somethin else that she never produced proof for.

Also sickens me that Billie Dunn nor Shawn Adkins have been arrested for the murder of Hailey. Can't help but wonder if anyone ever will be!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97260 Nov 4, 2013
Hi Curious, I know, enough with C & S lies. Yep, no addy, no telephone #, no emails, no fb messages, nothing. If there was any contact between them and Nan then there would be a trail and records.

ITA, it's a shame they can't make an arrest in poor Hailey's case. I just know LE suspects Shawn and probably Billie too.

I really can't get over how these rotten ppl can just tell lie after lie and with a straight face, no matter how stupid they sound.
Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97261 Nov 4, 2013
Well that was weird, I responded to your message Sami, but when I hit send, it just disappeared into thin air!
Curious

Spotsylvania, VA

#97262 Nov 4, 2013
Anyway, I was just basically saying Casey is probably currently working on her next lie.

As far as Hailey Dunn, I do not understand why SA is not at least being held for questioning etc.. Did he take a LD test that you know of? What about Billie? Didn't they take them and fail them? ICBW. Not that it matters I guess, b/c Misty took one too, failed it, and still nothing. I don't personally think Misty harmed Haleigh but def believe she knows who did. Thanks to the jurors in CA case, these creatures will continue getting off for their role in the death/disappearance of their children.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97263 Nov 5, 2013
Sami wrote:
GM ALL!, gosh, Annie, I see that comment from good ole lil ole was for you. I saw the comment after mine and didn't scroll up. So your mil changed her whole anniversary date. I guess she had to as she was already three mos. pregnant, but how sad on the timing. I believe there were many cases like this long ago. However, if they were just a mo. or so pregnant they probably just said the baby was early. I know a couple friends of mine saw pics of their parents wedding day when they were older, probably TA and one of my friends mothers was pregnant in the pic. and my other friends found that she was in the wedding day pic of her parents, she was probably 2 yrs. old. lol
Morning Sami & all! Sorry I never made it back yesterday, so much is going on around here. Actually, my MIL moved up their anniv date closer to four mos! When the big social event of the year was planned and they rented the hall for the occasion, that being their 50th wedding anniv, it dawned on me that we had just celebrated an anniv for them only a few months prior, now suddenly it is their anniv again and this time its' the 50th? How could this be? That's when I started counting on my fingers, ha ha, and let the cat out of the bag.

But years ago, most girls did not go to this length to get married and predate their wedding date to hide the pregnancy, many of them were suddenly sent off to finish the school year out of state with Aunt Bee, either never to return or to return the following year and nothing is ever said about 'a baby' even though we all knew. Nothing was ever questioned, did she give the baby up for adoption or leave it in the home for unwed mothers, or what?

Try as they might, I'm sure the whole family knew mom was in 'the family way', hell would be to pay and pop was the b'stard who did it, ruining the life of this proper young girl from a prominent family, and pay he would do, shot gun wedding and all, even as her father lay dying. We had never even thought about it, that there were no photos of their wedding day!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97264 Nov 5, 2013
That's not all pop did. I told you how the prostitutes had taken him in when he ran away from home at age 12 because his daddy had married a catholic woman (his mother); he hated catholics and had enough of the catholic bullshyt. You know, some Jews will deny they are Jewish but still hate catholics.

WELL. After Pop died, Mom gave me this huge old cast iron kettle that had never been used and I said wow, wherever did you get this? She said that it had belonged to Pops' first wife who died, that one of the girls in 'the house' had syphilis and he married her to take care of her. I could see him doing this, although later I asked a very close first cousin (his mother was a sister to mom), about this and he said he never heard of such a thing.

Maybe they were all forbidden to tell, but why would mom make it up if it never happened? I think it did. Pop was a gorgeous and handsome man and had many women during his life with mom, even running off with one for a long time before he went back home. Mom was 'sweetly' meaner than hell but tolerated all of it. Those were the days!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97265 Nov 5, 2013
Sami wrote:
Oh Annie, I know the changing of school and friends has to be hard on your lil GD. Hopefully, the schools will work together and transfer all that is needed to keep her in her advanced classes. You must be very proud of her. She sounds like such a lovely, smart, lil gal and she probably feels like it's the end of the world right now, but she'll adjust fine as soon as she gets into school and meets some friends. Does she still have friends she knows from when she lived there? Maybe your son can surprise her with a new lil hamster. They're not expensive and she can busy herself playing and taking care of it...lol
Sami, I AM proud of her, particularly in light of her early childhood. She is already readjusting her thinking. She has been keeping in touch with her facebook and school friends in Sarasota and has already made facebook connections with her old friends here, some which are in the same school she is being registered in.

My son spoke to the registrar at her new school yesterday and they are going to try to transfer her status as a gifted student to their school as it means extra money to them monthly since the state pays a premium for gifted kids who excel above their grade level and there is no special school here that is exclusively for gifted kids like we had in Cincy.

I made her feel better by telling her how valuable she is, that there's a price on her head. She was unable to register yesterday as the car wouldn't start, so Brian got a friend to take him to Walmart to get a new battery but the damned car still wouldn't start, so this morning the friend is taking him and my G/D to get her registered and she will start school tomorrow; hoping they will be able to transfer her records today.

One disappointing thing; she was on the baseball term and tryouts for cheerleader up there but they don't have a sports curriculum here after they had to make so many cutbacks last year. They do have some other after school activities so maybe there will be something else she can fit into. Too bad, as she was shaping up so nicely with the baseball activity/exercise.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97266 Nov 5, 2013
Karma wrote:
GM All,
Aww Anne, everything happens for a reason, it will all work out for your g'daughter. Like Sami said, she may even be happy to see her old friends from being there before.:) I understand when they are that age, its not as easy as the earlier yrs. But it will all work out in the end. I hope she gets to stay in the advanced classes as well, and can still advance to the 8th grade as prev planned.
Karma, I just tried to leave you a nice long post but three times it has disappeared! What the heck is going on? Guess I'm hitting the wrong key by mistake? So sorry, but will have to catch up with you all later, am busy now. You ALL have a very nice day!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97267 Nov 6, 2013
Mornin' all! Sorry I never made it back and am falling so far behind now on the cases of major interest. But please, Sami & all, do stay in touch.

I check in to read every now and then, hoping to see some action even tho I've had to cut back heavily on my posting time; particularly hoping to see some charges filed against Casey Parsons, and that precious Elisha might have been found (alive!), although I don't believe she is.

I promise, I'll stick more closely to the subjects when I come back, alrighty? You've all been so sweet and tolerate towards me, and I thank you for that. Miss you all!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min San Souci 1,743,745
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 min Maverick 808 516,967
News 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 13 hr The Peoples Media 3,137
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) Thu lisa 25,646
News Former Warner Christian Academy teacher charged... (Oct '08) Wed Dont send your ki... 101
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) Wed Maverick 808 74,076
Review: American Explorer Academy (Oct '17) Apr 17 Maria Tellez 2

Orlando Jobs

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages