Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Comments (Page 4,675)

Showing posts 93,481 - 93,500 of96,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for Doctrine, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness"....2 Timothy 3:16-17, KJV.

When Paul was Saul, he was not punished for being responsible for the death and persecution of many early Christians, including the stoning of Stephen, as the early Christians had little or no political power during that time. Christianity was a new religion during his lifetime and of course it was controversial. Christianity was never intended to be 'popular'. But we have had the privilege of living in a country where, although there are many followers of different interpretations of the New Testament, nevertheless, we have had little or no persecution by being followers of Christ. That may all change.

The teachings of the Apostle Paul are part of the inspired Word of God for a reason - to help all of us who are followers from not making the same mistakes the early churches did. Alas, there is a strong resemblance to what is going on in many congregations today that took place in Paul's lifetime. Paul and the Apostles were given the Gift of the Holy Spirit, and these gifts were given to them directly from God. This was so they could go out in the world and teach the Gospel, baptizing all who believed and repented, for the remission of their sins.

Peter said in Acts 2:38-39 to the Jews who had heard his teachings and were repentant of crucifying the Christ (as we all have, due to our sinful nature)- and they asked him what should they do? He said, "Repent,and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit".

The original Greek meaning for baptism, or "baptizmo" is to immerse, to put under; Christian baptism is to symbolize the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, then we 'put on' The Christ, to walk our best in his path for the rest of our lives.

Other verses that directly tell us how to obey the Gospel,

Acts 22:16 - "washing away of sins"
Mark 16:15-16 -FAITH is essential
Romans 6:3-5 -Symbolizes the death of Jesus
Acts 8:35-39, 12-13 - examples of conversions
Acts 10:48 - conversion of Cornelius
1 Peter 3:20-21 - baptism is for salvation
Acts 16:30-33 conversion of the Philleppean jailer
Galatians 3:26-27 - we are clothed in Christ during baptism
Colossians 2:12 -we are 'raised' with Christ when we become Christians
Matthew 28-19 - baptism commanded by Christ
Acts 9:18- the conversion of Saul (Paul)
Titus 3:5 - the spiritual rebirth during baptism
Ephesians 4:5 - Unity in Christ
John 3:5 - during baptism we are born of water and the Spirit

All who become Christians are heirs of Abraham - there is no distinction between Jew, Greek or Gentile. The Gospel is for all who will obey and accept it.

The Messianic Jews assume that Christ will come back and set up a physical kingdom on earth, which the scriptures do not teach. Many verses tell us that His kingdom was never to be an earthly kingdom, but a spiritual one in which leads to our eternal salvation. As far as 'judging', the scriptures that tell us Christ told his followers in Matthew 7:1 - "Judge not lest ye be judged" was referring to how others live their lives, but not when they were disobeying God's laws. This scripture has badly been misinterpreted over the ages. We are told how we all are to obey God's laws; when someone outwardly and publicly disobeys them, we have every right to judge them. Do we not have a right to judge thieves, murders, etc.? Of course we do.

But God Himself will be the final judge, and it is all we can do to keep our lives the way He wants us to live. That in itself is enough to keep us busy!

This is not a forum for Bible scripture and I will not approach the subject again.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Ponderings, I know you spent a lot of time typing your post above, thinking on these matters, and giving those scriptures, and for that I deeply admire you. I can tell you that I only read your last sentence and the two line paragraph above it.

As soon as I saw at the beginning that you are quoting Paul and defending his teachings, some that are in direct conflict with some of those Jesus taught, I'm sorry, and I don't want to offend you; but I glanced through the scriptures you posted and skipped on down to the bottom of your post. I've heard and read every scripture given by Paul and have looked them up backwards and forwards and also studied and compared them to the scriptures given by Jesus.

Since 1982 I've listened to preachers of nearly every denomination devoutly preach Paul, good sincere Christian people; so devoted to the teachings of Paul, that many of them didn't even mention the Name of Jesus throughout their entire sermon. Each denomination thinks they've found the right way, while there they all are, following Pauls' teachings. No wonder there are so many confused denominations! They all make the same argument and quote the same scriptures you just did!

You can justify following Paul and his teachings until you turn blue in the face, like so many other followers of every denomination do, all thinking they have the answer, but I've already made it clear that I am a follower of Jesus, and waiting for Jesus, Ponderings, NOT PAUL. Paul was a mortal man.

It will not be Paul sitting on the throne of judgment, nor will it be Paul returning to claim his own. It will be Jesus. Paul was a sinner saved by grace just as we all have been; Paul needs a savior himself, just like every other preacher does and like we all do. Peace, Ponderings.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Boulder police had placed her parents under an "umbrella of suspicion" early on, but in 2008, the district attorney publicly exonerated the family based on testing of DNA found at the scene and suggested that an unknown intruder was the culprit.
The long-running mystery riveted the nation for several years and spawned books, TV movies and countless theories about who strangled the child.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Zazz, Boulder PO had the Ramseys under an umbrella of suspicion the first day, led by a 22 yr old rookie, new on the job, who had no experience or training as an investigator. SHE set up the tempo for accusations against the Ramseys within hours of their reporting JonBenet 'missing', which is what the Ramseys initially believed before John found JonBenets' body in the basement. From that moment on she had them pegged as the killers of JonBenet and everyone else on the Boulder PF fell in line right behind her, all looking to find the Ramseys guilty without considering that it might have been someone else.

Who can blame the Ramseys for quickly lawyering up, after seeing what they were up against? I know I certainly would have, even before I handed over the so-called kidnapping letter to the incompetent Boulder PO, and would have had my lawyer hire his OWN competent hand writing expert to investigate the letter.

Only a fool would not call their lawyer when they sense they are about to be railroaded and accused of murdering their daughter! We call our lawyer when we are about to face a court ruling on a traffic violation, but not when we are about to be accused of murdering our daughter and hoaxing up a kidnapping letter?

It was not until years later that it became public knowledge that the Ramseys DID cooperate with LE and did NOT refuse to be interrogated numerous times. And not until YEARS later that true evidence surfaced that was never investigated by Boulder LE, that showed there HAD BEEN an outside intruder in the Ramsey home.

Boulder had years to destroy the Ramseys, when they knew there had been two OTHER similar crimes committed against little girls in that same neighborhood within two months prior to JonBenets' murder, and another one just weeks afterwards and never once did Boulder LE make these crimes known to the public. Had the citizens KNOWN, they could have better protected their little girls, and might also have INSISTED that Boulder LE apprehend this disgusting perv before he finally killed one of these children, which obviously (IMO) he DID do.

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be you're right, could be you're not. The word is sometimes spelled both ways in different translations. DUH...
So? Shoot me.
The word is NOT spelled both ways in different translations because it is actually two DIFFERENT words. Google false doctoring goofy and see what happens. LoL you have to be putting us on.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
The word is NOT spelled both ways in different translations because it is actually two DIFFERENT words. Google false doctoring goofy and see what happens. LoL you have to be putting us on.
OMG. MORE of this! Have mercy.

You're looked it up in all the twelve translations, including the Hebrew & Greek Scriptures, The Watchtower Bible Society and The Dead Sea Scrolls Uncovered, that I have right here on my desk? You've studied it in The Smiths' Bible Complete Concordance, or the Comptons' Interpretations, or one of several others?

Yay or nay, whoopee for you. Fine. You win. Have at it. Happy now?

Who cares anyhow? Nit pic it to death if that's what eases your jumbled mind; but you will NEVER bring me to bow the knee to you. THINK: It's so much easier and sweeter just to call on the Name of Jesus in these matters we don't understand. You'll find him right there and then your mind will REALLY be eased over ALL your issues. Try it for yourself. The sweetest name ever heard.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

P.S... Gloomy, why not go make yourself a bologna sandwich and a cup of coffee, or whatever you like and watch a good movie on TV? There's some good ones on, relax. Make a peach cobbler or something else that you like, treat yourself. Take a week-end day and give yourself a facial, a long bubble bath, do your nails real pretty, reorganize your clothes, pamper and be good to yourself.

Why waste your time and energy (and mind) on berating someone else over something that doesn't even matter? You're not the spelling police, neither am I. Neither am I a Bible expert, regardless of the fact that I spent several years studying it and trying to line up various national religions and denominations in line with Jesus' teachings, many which unnecessarily confuse people who are only seeking to find the right way.

In fact, I found that they ALL do lead back to Jesus, one way or another; just some make it so much harder for people to find Jesus with their judgmental and misunderstood teachings when it is not hard at all to find Him!

He made it SO easy for us. That's the sad part, this being that so many denominations actually turn people completely away from finding Jesus, and cause them to harden their hearts against God, when He's been right there all along, just waiting, and doesn't ask us to do ONE THING to find Him other than ASK and come to Him.

He hears your every thought, knows your mind, sees your troubles, never forsakes you day or night for one second. What more peace could you ask for? You don't need anyone but Him and that's the bottom line.

Have a good day. I'm going back to my movie!

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

zazz wrote:
Boulder police had placed her parents under an "umbrella of suspicion" early on, but in 2008, the district attorney publicly exonerated the family based on testing of DNA found at the scene and suggested that an unknown intruder was the culprit.
The long-running mystery riveted the nation for several years and spawned books, TV movies and countless theories about who strangled the child.
Hi Zazz:D
One question; how many of you have a husband that would put your dead child under the Christmas tree and get up and call his pilot/airline to leave ASAP? Patsy did, her's waited a whole 30 MINUTES after yanking his child from the cellar. Just wondering..

“BIOMOM”

Level 4

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
P.S... Gloomy, why not go make yourself a bologna sandwich and a cup of coffee, or whatever you like and watch a good movie on TV? There's some good ones on, relax. Make a peach cobbler or something else that you like, treat yourself. Take a week-end day and give yourself a facial, a long bubble bath, do your nails real pretty, reorganize your clothes, pamper and be good to yourself.
Why waste your time and energy (and mind) on berating someone else over something that doesn't even matter? You're not the spelling police, neither am I. Neither am I a Bible expert, regardless of the fact that I spent several years studying it and trying to line up various national religions and denominations in line with Jesus' teachings, many which unnecessarily confuse people who are only seeking to find the right way.
In fact, I found that they ALL do lead back to Jesus, one way or another; just some make it so much harder for people to find Jesus with their judgmental and misunderstood teachings when it is not hard at all to find Him!
He made it SO easy for us. That's the sad part, this being that so many denominations actually turn people completely away from finding Jesus, and cause them to harden their hearts against God, when He's been right there all along, just waiting, and doesn't ask us to do ONE THING to find Him other than ASK and come to Him.
He hears your every thought, knows your mind, sees your troubles, never forsakes you day or night for one second. What more peace could you ask for? You don't need anyone but Him and that's the bottom line.
Have a good day. I'm going back to my movie!
Your pride will be your downfall. That's one the things He hates. If you haven't read that, I suggest you do.

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Dundas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pride will be your downfall. That's one the things He hates. If you haven't read that, I suggest you do.
How long have you lived in Wiseacres?

Level 2

Since: Jun 13

Dundas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

A woman came home, screeching her car into the driveway, and ran into the house. She slammed the door and shouted at the top of her lungs,'Honey, pack your bags. I won the lottery!' The husband said,'Oh my God! What should I pack, beach stuff or mountain stuff?''Doesn't matter,' she said.'Just get out.'
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know me yet you continue to judge me.

Pride? I have no pride. I, amongst all Christians am highly persecuted. Not only is it the unsaved reprobate world who persecutes me for the Name of Jesus, and the few there are like me who refuse to follow a strange voice; but I am also persecuted by those calling themselves Christians (are they? not for me to judge); because I proclaim the Name of Jesus and NO OTHER. This I DO know; one cannot go wrong following Jesus and HIM ALONE.

The Word warns: "Rightly divide the word" and this I have done. THIS leaves only Jesus and HIS word that we are to follow. He warned us that there would be others coming after Him proclaiming their own doctrine (sp?) in His name. THERE I rest my case.

Poke your allegations and false accusations against me all you like; you can't touch me. I'll still be standing and you'll be the one to pay for persecuting me.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

puffpuffpass wrote:
A woman came home, screeching her car into the driveway, and ran into the house. She slammed the door and shouted at the top of her lungs,'Honey, pack your bags. I won the lottery!' The husband said,'Oh my God! What should I pack, beach stuff or mountain stuff?''Doesn't matter,' she said.'Just get out.'
Now that right there is some funny shyt!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

he he... I googled "Where is Wiseacres?" and got some enlightening answers! Very funny and quite appropriate.

Nice to meet ya, PuffPuffPass. Oh wait a minute, she might have included ME in that Wiseacres place! Oh well, glad to meet you anywayz!
Sami

Brighton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

GM ALL! Hope you're feeling better, Annie! Also, hope all is well with you Vic & KG!

Now today is Sunday & I expect ALL of you to be on your best behavior.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Sami wrote:
GM ALL! Hope you're feeling better, Annie! Also, hope all is well with you Vic & KG! Now today is Sunday & I expect ALL of you to be on your best behavior.
Awww... how sweet you are Sami.

I agree, now that Sami has spoken. Let's all give it our best shot today.
Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

GM Sami, Anne, and All,

Sami, anything new about the search for Erica?? Haven't really had much time to look for any new info. Anne, so glad you are feeling better! Sami, did you guys get any snow? JW if you were one that got snowed in like some areas, we were supposed to get it here but thank goodness, we haven't.
Sami

Brighton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Hi Karma, it just flurried here a lil a few days ago, but it was very light and wet like rain. It's suppose to be mid 55's to low sixties for the next wk. I'll take it.

I haven't heard anymore about the search for Erica. So sad.

HeeHee Annie, Amen to that....
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Karma wrote:
GM Sami, Anne, and All,
Sami, anything new about the search for Erica?? Haven't really had much time to look for any new info. Anne, so glad you are feeling better! Sami, did you guys get any snow? JW if you were one that got snowed in like some areas, we were supposed to get it here but thank goodness, we haven't.
Hey Karma. Thank you for your kind words; it's taking a while to get my strength back, hon, it's slow but I'm coming along. My throat and voice still has a ways to go. Sometimes I just have to go to bed so I'm certainly not getting anything productive done around here that's for sure. Well, we don't live forever and I don't expect too; so there ya go, it's settled in my mind.

I heard Friday from a friend from Mich, that you all were supposed to get a lot of snow up there. You know, we're from Cincy and my oldest son still lives there but haven't talked to him recently. I heard Cleveland and Cincy were getting quite a bit of snow. Any truth to that? Did it skip Canton? Well, it'll be there before you know it. I miss OH, IN and KY too, but do love the milder FL weather. It's cooled off here the last few days. Love it!

It is so awful the way the lovely young 24-yr old teacher was butchered by one of her students with the box cutter. That b'stard planned it before he ever went to her algebra class that day. He had stolen the box cutter the night before, went to her class and sat there doodling and plugged into his music, ignoring her class and defying her to do anything about it. Of course, she called him aside after class, not in front of the class like some teachers would do, but quietly.

She was totally a thoughtful and kind person, loved by all. He was laying in wait for her!! WTH kind of world IS THIS we're living in that a supposedly good student would do such a thing just because he had a burr up his butt against his teacher, who plotted that the next time she said something to him that he didn't like, even tho he deliberately caused it, he was going to kill her. And did. Sick world we're living in!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 27, 2013

Judged:

Sami wrote:
Hi Karma, it just flurried here a lil a few days ago, but it was very light and wet like rain. It's suppose to be mid 55's to low sixties for the next wk. I'll take it.
I haven't heard anymore about the search for Erica. So sad.
HeeHee Annie, Amen to that....
We do need someone to come along here and lighten the mood every now and then, don't we?

Where've you been, Sami? You were MIA for a couple of days, I thought maybe you and hubby took the children and went out of town for a couple of days. How is your hubby, Sami? I do hope, well.

Hope all is well with Vic & KG too. I miss them. I know they get busy with the g/kids and other things, but they both bring a lot to the conversation, are so caring and never hassle anyone whether they agree entirely or not. And, as you know, I love anyone who can dig up and post links. That's one of the things I miss about Denada too. She would do a lot of research for us. Miss you Denada and hope all is good with you.

I'll be glad when Erica is found and someone has their sorry ass sitting in the pen for what they did to her; I hope, for life. Poor little thing, she had no life, then what she did have was taken away from her. I'd like to know also, how the son is doing. As far as I've been able to understand, he had a life from hell too.

Like you Sami, I hope these swindlers are charged to the max for the govm't fraud they committed, and apparently insurance fraud too. I hate to tell you tho, Sami, that sometimes the govm't doesn't file charges when they ought too. Clint Dunn is an example, he was a free loading, lying squatter in HUD housing, along with his deadbeat woman, Naomi, and as far as I know HUD never took any action against them. I've known of others too who got away with this kind of fraud. I don't know about welfare fraud so much, but when it comes to social security fraud, that's a horse of another color and they usually do go after these.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,481 - 93,500 of96,278
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Incognito4Ever 1,071,139
___Justice For Caylee___Cont. (Feb '10) 29 min zazz 25,462
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 46 min EXECUTE KID KILLERS 482,739
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 1 hr jordan115 4,083
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Washington DC 45,432
Review: Clear Choice Roofing Inc. 6 hr Annonymus 1
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 6 hr Maverick 808 17,544
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search