Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98268 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Canton, OH

#97050 Oct 21, 2013
Off topic, but another school shooting, this time in Nevada!! Really scary! Sad to think ppl can't send their kids to school w/o having to worry about their safety. One teacher dead, one boy shot in the arm, and of course, the shooter dead. Not sure how many other fatalities if any.='(
Canton, OH

#97052 Oct 21, 2013
Guess they are not believing Sandy, Casey, or William Parsons story regarding the "accidental fire". Not that we are surprised. Lol.

copy/paste - Detectives probing the suspicious blaze at the home of Erica Parsons, in Salisbury, North Carolina, suspect a microwave may have been sabotaged to explode into flames.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24699...
Canton, OH

#97053 Oct 21, 2013
Sami wrote:
IA, Karma, James was a grown adult and he should have know better than to be involved with a child no matter how much she threw herself at him and I'm sure she did and loved the attn. I'd also like to know what the he-- was the matter with the parents. Who even let's a grown man take their daughter on vaca? The whole think is strange.
Hey Sami,

Yea, I totally agree with ya, very strange the parents allowed the vacays alone. O yea, she definitely loved the attention. Iirc, she would talk about him to her friends and sure sounded giddy about it.
Canton, OH

#97054 Oct 21, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
ummmmm... Sami, I don't believe they all got what they deserved, or that LE got them all through drug entrapment charges. What about Teresa Neves? She helped to cover up Haleigh's murder and disposal, as sure as I'm sitting on this chair! What about the FIRST call that was made to a private # at the sheriff's office, to a private individual, MADE by a private individual, at 2:13 a.m. that morning? Who made THAT call? It WASN'T Misty who made this call. Misty was seen by WITNESSES outside in the front yard crying hysterically at 2:15 a.m. Everybody in Satsuma KNOWS that this 911 call at 3:27 a.m. was all a hoaxed up lie, INCLUDING MIZ Skank, Teresa Neves, who engineered the whole thing! NO, they are not ALL under lock and key!
I agree that drug charges should not merit a longer sentence than rape, molestation and murder. THIS is wrong, particularly Mistys' 25 yr sentence when she had NEVER had a prior charge or a prior record. THIS is wrong, just so she could be punished for her lies and take the blame, when there is a 99% possibility that she had nothing to do with Haleighs' murder or disposal. The rest of them all got 15 yrs, including Donna who wasn't even there when Haleigh was murdered and disposed of. Yet, lying conniving worn out w'hore mother Teresa walks free when SHE needs to be locked up herself.
Well said Anne, TN sure did know long before her supposed arrival to the trailer that night. What grandmother would go along with this? Then she was on video when interviewed talking about how great Misty was, and how Haleigh wanted her to be her mommy, blah blah, just to turn around and claim she s/b hung or however she put it. Are you thinking it was TN that made that 2:13 a.m. call? That is my thoughts. Could be wrong.

Then there was RC putting a headless rat in Tommy's mailbox. Bet he wasn't expecting that to come out in the news. This story is just so sad, every time Misty and Ron were interviewed together, if Misty was asked a question she obviously couldn't answer, she looked right at Ron for assistance. I think that was on the Today show. Wasn't Ron on the Maury Povich show or some other talk show looking for more sympathy? Looking for sympathy but out riding rides at the amusement park, laughing and having a good time, getting some new tats (most likely with the donation money), caught on video sellin drugs. marrying the woman he was supposedly mad at b/c she was the last person to see his daughter alive (highly doubtful), and the list goes on. For some reason, I cannot remember, but how did Misty get more time than RC? I know she was the one in the front seat countin out the pills, and getting outta the car to make the sales, but he was in the back taking part in it all.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97055 Oct 22, 2013
GM ALL!

IA Karma & Annie, TN also took Cobra out on a wild goose hunt and as soon as he got there she ran off and left him. Funny she said she had been out there all by herself for hours in flipflops, but when he got there she said she got scared by a snake and deserted him. IMO she wanted the man who lived there to come out and shoot him or someone else was suppose to come up there & do him harm.

Yep the whole Cummings clan just loved Misty and couldn't wait to bring her into their family even though she was suppose to be the last one to see Haleigh and the many changing stories was ok with them to. IMO that's cuz those many changing stories were from Ron & TN & Misty was to high and dumb to remember them all. They wanted to keep Misty in their sight so she wouldn't slip up. Who the he-- even thinks of getting married and planning a marriage when ur daughter is missing and there are 100's of ppl out searching for her? TN even went with them on their lil honeymoon to NY while 100's of ppl were looking for Haleigh & that's when they went on the Today show iirc. Ron divorced her to try and make himself look good, but the whole time he was still seeing her.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97056 Oct 22, 2013
Karma that is so sad about the school shooting. That poor math teacher risked his life in Afghanistan to be killed at school. Sad for all involved

I have no doubt the Carson's are involved in that fire. It could be the dad for ins. fraud maybe to get some of the $$$ back he paid his loser son & his wife. I dunno, it's one of those Parson's & I wouldn't put it pass being Sandy & Casey either. Casey wouldn't even take a lie detector test concerning Erica & Sandy failed his. I guess this explains why Casey did all the talking in the interviews. She didn't want Sandy to screw up the lies. We already know they're going to get charged with fraud for cashing those checks and if they get charged with this fire, then they can say bye bye for a long time. When this happens Casey will probably throw Sandy under the bus like she did her son and then hopefully the truth will come out.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97057 Oct 22, 2013
Mornin' Sami, Karma, Vic & ALL! Unfortunately, I don't think any of us will live long enough to find out what really happened to precious Haleigh that night and who was/is responsible; IFF, in fact, it is ever known.

Haleighs' death, disposal and all the evidence was/IS too well covered up by Putnam County LE to protect Ronald Cummings & Teresa Neves; and LEs' OWN corrupt and hideous relationship with them, AND their joint participation in sinister activities WITH THEM which obviously includes others in high positions.

NO LE agency would be able to get away with ignoring all the evidence/witnesses statements of events of the previous day, that night, the next day and thereafter that was ignored by the PC Sheriff and his entourage unless they were getting the blind eye and go-ahead from higher up officials. Even former prosecutor Nancy disGrace turned a blind eye and HELPED RC and Sheriff Hardy in her bogus interviews.

IMO, this case will never be pursued or opened and no one will ever be charged, certainly not in our lifetime, or the lives of those who participated in this cover up. THIS is a well-orchestrated cover up that has far reaching and dangerous tentacles, and to hell with what any of us or the public thinks, or what any private investigators did or tried to do, or anyone else.

IMO, if anyone told the truth or even tried to get to the TRUTH about events surrounding Haleighs' death, disposal and the coverup, OR the evidence; they would quickly meet with their own demise.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97058 Oct 22, 2013
Ouch!!!! I see I've stepped on someone' dirty toes!.... ta da!!!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97059 Oct 22, 2013
I will never know why NG kissed up to Ron like she did. Any other drug using dealer with an underage live in druggie GF who he left to watch his children and one went missing would have been chewed up and spit out by her. Not to mention his long record and rushed marriage didn't even phase her.

Whatever happened to Hardy's son? Did he ever go to prison for the meth? I can't remember now, but wasn't it being made in the home he lived in to?

I don't think all of Putman's LE are involved or corrupt, but there are always some. Look at the undercover PO's involved in chasing that SUV & family.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97062 Oct 22, 2013
Po with bloodhounds are searching around Parson's home and the fathers and shed. TA hear everything, especially after two yrs. I see no reason why their son would say they buried Erica in the yard if he didn't hear it or know it. Whys would they store a bloody hammer, teeth an some tape in a shed? Since I do believe Erica is deceased I hope they find her any the murderers pay.

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#97063 Oct 22, 2013
Oh, also the previous page. Happy reading.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97064 Oct 22, 2013
Sami wrote:
I will never know why NG kissed up to Ron like she did. Any other drug using dealer with an underage live in druggie GF who he left to watch his children and one went missing would have been chewed up and spit out by her. Not to mention his long record and rushed marriage didn't even phase her.
Whatever happened to Hardy's son? Did he ever go to prison for the meth? I can't remember now, but wasn't it being made in the home he lived in to? I don't think all of Putman's LE are involved or corrupt, but there are always some. Look at the undercover PO's involved in chasing that SUV & family.
Sami, I don't remember exactly what happened with Hardys' son and his meth charge. I believe he got some little short term slap on the wrist. Never heard what happened to the small child that was found in the company of these meth cookers and dealers either.

I/Ag, not all of Putnam Co LE is involved in their corrupt and shady dealings. For one, Sgt. Johnny(?)Greenwood,(now Lt}; is the one who put it out in an interview that the first call about Haleigh missing was made by someone using Ron's landline phone in his MH at 2:13. a.m., to another employee at their private number in the Sheriffs' office. The mystery of all time is WHY the media ignored this extremely important part of the investigation, as did the Cummings and Sheriff Hardy and his crew, as if it never happened.

TO THIS DAY NOT ONE DAMNED THING HAS BEEN INVESTIGATED OR REVEALED BY THE MEDIA OR ANYONE ELSE ABOUT THIS BEING THE FIRST CALL REPORTING HALEIGH MISSING, even though Officer Bridgett Dixon was sent to Ron's MH to inquire what was going on there AT THAT TIME!!!!

NO follow up, other than she left there and went to Tommys' to discuss his missing pieces of rope. The rest of her report was blacked out, and THAT's what she reported on! It makes me madder than a wet hen every time I think of it; SEEING AND KNOWING how Misty in her utter and complete stupidity and childish lies allowed herself to be treated lower than dirt and railroaded! And NOBODY is ever going to do anything about it!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97065 Oct 22, 2013
zazz wrote:
Oh, also the previous page. Happy reading.
Evenin' Zazz!

Wonder where Vic made off too the last couple a days?

Yo, Vic!?

And King George.

And Karma. And Curious?

And who else?
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#97066 Oct 22, 2013
I guess unless they close the case we will never know much more. I don't know why they don't close it as they're not doing any investigating on it. iirc, they stopped all their news conferences pretty quickly too. I have to look up that call again, but I wouldn't doubt it was TN who made that call from Ron's. It's obvious much was going on that ngt. between Tommy's house and Haleigh missing. What's the chance of that in the same night? Oh, let's not forget the stolen, wrecked, then returned van. I don't really feel sorry for Misty cuz she relayed every lie Ron & family told her to. She cared more about lying then Haleigh even though her parents tried to tell her to tell the truth. She even stayed with Ron. She was 18 yrs. old and this shows that she has no heart either. I mean, sure some girls like her would stay with him over all his other bs, but the loss of an innocent lil baby? I do believe she could have been so exhausted from partying that she did sleep through this, but then why tell so many stories instead of telling LE who was telling her to tell these stories? AllI know IMO is Ron is involved otherwise there is no way in he-- he and his whole family would have welcomed her and her whole family, including Tommy into their lives by marriage.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97067 Oct 22, 2013
incognito wrote:
Does anyone else think the little blonde girl found in the gypsy camp looks an awful lot like Madeline McCann?Could she be a few yrs older than they think?If she wasn't fed properly it could be possible.
I really don't ingocnito, because as Sami pointed out, Maddy McCann would be 8 or 9 years old by now and this child really does look much younger than that; I'm guessing 4 to 5, although as you said, she could be a little older, just not well fed, mayabe is suffering from malnutrition or perhaps is of small built frame.

I guess you all read where Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin are claiming she could be their missing baby Lisa. For one thing, this child looks to be older than just shy of 3 years old like Lisa would be now; and for another, Lisa was a BIG baby for the 10 months old she was when she disappeared. Especially her head. That baby had a REALLY big head. This little girl appears to have a much smaller head and more delicate features even if the photo was taken from a different angle or further distance away. MOO.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97068 Oct 22, 2013
Sami wrote:
I guess unless they close the case we will never know much more. I don't know why they don't close it as they're not doing any investigating on it. iirc, they stopped all their news conferences pretty quickly too. I have to look up that call again, but I wouldn't doubt it was TN who made that call from Ron's. It's obvious much was going on that ngt. between Tommy's house and Haleigh missing. What's the chance of that in the same night? Oh, let's not forget the stolen, wrecked, then returned van. I don't really feel sorry for Misty cuz she relayed every lie Ron & family told her to. She cared more about lying then Haleigh even though her parents tried to tell her to tell the truth. She even stayed with Ron. She was 18 yrs. old and this shows that she has no heart either. I mean, sure some girls like her would stay with him over all his other bs, but the loss of an innocent lil baby? I do believe she could have been so exhausted from partying that she did sleep through this, but then why tell so many stories instead of telling LE who was telling her to tell these stories? AllI know IMO is Ron is involved otherwise there is no way in he-- he and his whole family would have welcomed her and her whole family, including Tommy into their lives by marriage.
Sami, no disrespect to your opinions, but I just don't see it the way you do. Of course, I recognize that you could be right and I might be 1000% wrong! Misty was 15 when Ron picked her up at the school bus stop. He kicks out his OTHER t/a girlfriend and moves Misty in.

Misty turns 16 and by this time and until she is 17, Ron is abusing her, beating her, doping her (probably willingly on the dope)using her and taking advantage of her to take care of his kids. What is she getting out of it? Not much but dope and beatings. Misty tried more than once to leave Ron after he beat her, as did her parents try to help her leave.

On the Thurs or Fri BEFORE Haleigh went missing,(she had just turned 17) Ron had beat her VERY badly in the stomach and threw her AND her clothes in the yard because she thought she was pregnant. cont'd...
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97069 Oct 22, 2013
cont'd... Misty was gone that entire week-end while Ron went on a mad rampage all over town, then later AS and TN tried to get Misty to come back and take care of the kids, like they always did every time Misty tried to leave Ron; claiming they are crying and begging for her. Misty TOLD Teresa that she was not coming back and that she was NOT going to be there to watch the kids that night or the next day, that she was never going back.
What she did all week-end is really irrelevant, although it was said that she shacked and partied with White Boy Greg and his/her friends; the fact IS, she was not there and said she was NEVER going back. THEN Teresa claims that she told Misty she had no one else to watch the kids because she had plans that evening and could not be there, still, Misty said NO. BUT, Teresa lied and said Misty agreed to come back; and OH how lovey dovey everything was between her and Ron. Lie!
My belief is there is a possibility those kids were alone most of that afternoon and evening, until Teresa showed up and found whatever the hell it was that she walked into. It was TERESA there that evening, NOT Misty. Ron had been going to bars and was drunk all afternoon, threatening to "go kill some drug heads", even going to work drunk. It is entirely possible that Ron beat that child that afternoon, blaming HER for the trouble at school that day since he had been warned she could not be tardy again, and she was.
IT was TERESA who called her pal at the SO at 2:13 a.m. to get help planning her cover up; and it was TERESA and/or Ron who tracked Misty down and made her come back,(200 cell calls, remember?) threatening her with God knows what and promising her ANYTHING to help them in the cover up. Misty told how Ron frequently left work whenever he wanted too, sometimes stopping by the MH.
It is entirely possible that it was RON who drove the new van through the brushes and woods to hide Haleigh's body, with Teresas' help, and it was Tommy's rope he stole to tie her up with. It was TERESA who engineered disposing of all the evidence, no doubt drumped in the St.John's River.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97070 Oct 22, 2013
Bottom line; I believe that Misty DID love those kids and was good to them, and that they loved her. I don't think that everything that came out of Mistys' mouth was a lie. But how obvious could it get that everything that came out of Rons' and Teresa's mouths WERE LIES? To me, VERY obvious.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97071 Oct 22, 2013
I know you don't feel sorry for Misty, Sami, and I understand that, and I understand your reasoning.

But I do.

IMO, she was BADLY duped and made a complete fool out of, not only by the Cummings but also by PCLE; she has taken the blame for Haleighs' death, disposal AND the coverup, when I don't think she had one earthly thing to do with any of it other than to lie and cover up for Ron and Teresa; for which she will pay for, for the rest of her life.

She will never have a home or kids of her own when she is not the one who killed this precious child, OR hid her body. IMO, Ronald Cummings and Teresa Neves are totally responsible for what happened to sweet Haleigh, NOT Misty. SHE had been beaten and thrown out, was no longer living in Rons' MH, and was no longer their babysitter! Everything else perpetrated by TN, AS and RC is a lie.

Yes, I do feel badly for Misty. She is paying for being stupid, for lying, and for selling dope (which BTW was LE entrapment); FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE and that's too high a price to pay for a young girl who had nothing to do with this childs' death. I'm sorry to have a difference of opinion with you on this, but that's pretty much the way I see it, Sami.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#97072 Oct 22, 2013
WOW! I see that one of my posts repeated itself seven times!! Sorry about that. Guess I'll give it a rest...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Earl 1,457,609
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) 26 min Squach 1,168
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 62,299
Want to move but have little money (Oct '12) 3 hr Angel 19
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 17 hr Murphey_Law 512,860
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Thu Trying to be hopeful 36
News Should men wear pantyhose for warmth? It's not ... (Jan '09) Thu Troup54 233

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages