Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98616 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96958 Oct 17, 2013
King George wrote:
I found this to be interesting.
Casey and Sandy's attorney has a blog on which he states:
"When Erica was 13 years old, she began to have contact with her birth-mother and people representing themselves to be the birth-motherís parents."
http://www.sherrillcameron.com/blog/
Casey has never stated who's mother she thought Irene Goodman was. She said that the police told her that Goodman was the father's family name.
She also said that this woman calling herself Irene Goodman knew everything about them, and she thought that Carolyn had told her about them.
Someone else who might be able to find out everything about an individual or family might be someone who spends a good deal of time in adoption and genealogy forums.
Carolyn met Erica on Jan. 5, 2011. On Feb. 15, 2011, she posted on her FB that her friend Carole had found her birth dad for her.
Carolyn's friend Carole is a woman named Carole Bryan. Carole wanders around in adoption and genealogy sites, offering to help others find their "birth" families.
I know that everyone thinks that Casey and Sandy killed her, but, Carolyn stated that the Parsons were looking for someone to take Erica in Jan. 2011.
I don't think that these two worthless POS's gave a dam about Erica and would have happily turned her over to anyone to get rid of her, so, I don't think that the story about giving her to this woman named Irene is too far of a stretch.
King George, You may be right about this woman named "Irene", but what happened to the one named "Nan" that Casey said she met at a McDonalds and handed Erica over too; taking none of Ericas' personal belongings with her, not even her cell ph so she could at least stay in touch with her, and promising that she would get all new things? What happened to that story? What tangled webs!
Vic

AOL

#96959 Oct 17, 2013
I've just started reading May's Boy. I got it from the library yesterday. I'm so glad both grandchilden love to read like their GrannyVic. I tried with my two sons but Kirt loved his music and Keith his video games. THey both were born in Nov.,Keith's is the first and Kirt's was the 20th. It's a hard month for me. Kirt's been gone for almost as many years as he lived. I miss him so. I guess that's why DIL's not wanting her children breaks my heart so much. I will never forgive her or understand or how any of these parents, people could harm children. The grief is sometimes more than I can bear. You never get over it just learn to live with the pain.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96960 Oct 17, 2013
GM ALL! UGH, ITA with you Annie & Vic, those mothers should leave those children alone. Haven't they caused them enough harm? So very selfish.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96961 Oct 17, 2013
Why would Casey send emails to Carolyn pretending Erica was still at home? If anything you would thinks she would ask Carolyn to find out how she was since she said she couldn't get ahold of her anymore. When you send your child anywhere you send their medical card with them. Why would she still have Erica's medical card? Also, no child would leave all their belongings. She took nothing with her. No favorite shirt, jacket, jewlry, nothing. If someone were picking her up to take her back to their house, then why would they drag the clothes with them to get her? Wouldn't they just leave them at the house and give them to her when she got there? Who would send their child away to some lady they didn't even know & Erica only supposedly meet twice for x-mas? You would think she would want her home for x-mas day at least. Who sends their kids anywhere without even having an address? Well, one thing is for sure, Erica is not out there anywhere cuz not one person has seen her in two years. No neighbors, no store clerks, no kids, nobody.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96962 Oct 17, 2013
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
GM, Anne. Since Erica was probably about 7, but functioned at a lower lever, I looked this up at the baby center.
Very young children who have been sexually abused might:
"Demonstrate sexual knowledge, curiosity, or behavior beyond his age (obsessive curiosity about sexual matters, for example, or seductive behavior toward peers or adults)."
http://www.babycenter.com/0_child-abuse-how-t...
I wonder if that is what was meant by "boy crazy". I wonder if Erica was acting in a manner such as this, that might alert teachers to the fact that she was being sexually abused at home?
Mornin' KG! Whose word do we have that Erica functioned at a lower level? Caseys'? It is likely true if she was at the mercy of Caseys' hands, was hated by Casey, was not fed a proper nutritional diet, was not allowed to develop normally in other settings with other children and teachers, and particularly if she was being used for sexual abuse as well as suffering other physical and mental abuse.

Your warnings and the link you posted is true. We were warned about these possibilities when I took my G/D to counseling but never saw any of these signs as it happened to her at only 28 mos old, which, I immediately took her through Family Court as fast as I could get her out legally and from there she lived a normal life with us and repressed what had happened to her.

I am always cognizant of the fact tho, that some of these symptoms might manifest themselves, which is another reason her counselor advised us that she should go back into therapy by the time she reaches puberty, which apparently she has. Even tho my G/D appears not to have any of these lasting affects of her sexual abuse, or even remembers it, it is too soon to tell for sure. I do know, I would like for my son to get her back in counseling ASAP which can be a life-saver for the children of abuse.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96963 Oct 17, 2013
Vic wrote:
I've just started reading May's Boy. I got it from the library yesterday. I'm so glad both grandchilden love to read like their GrannyVic. I tried with my two sons but Kirt loved his music and Keith his video games. THey both were born in Nov.,Keith's is the first and Kirt's was the 20th. It's a hard month for me. Kirt's been gone for almost as many years as he lived. I miss him so. I guess that's why DIL's not wanting her children breaks my heart so much. I will never forgive her or understand or how any of these parents, people could harm children. The grief is sometimes more than I can bear. You never get over it just learn to live with the pain.
I am SO SO sorry Vic, that you lost one of your sons. I cannot imagine the grief that you will carry the rest of your life. My heart is with you Vic; it hurts me to think of it. I KNOW Nov is a hard month for you, how could it be any other way? I'm sure it also sets the tone for all of the holidays. I will be thinking of you and your family hon.

Although it is not the same, losing my husband affected me terribly too. He passed on suddenly, on Jan 15th, 1989. OMG, I didn't know anything could hurt me so badly. He was 13 yrs older than me and in many ways was so childish. Not because he was 'childish' but because that was just his nature. I didn't realize until after he was gone that he was like a child to me because he acted like one so much of the time, was like a father because he was always trying to tell me what to do with all his 'advice' I never sought, was like a husband because he provided for me so well with everything he had, was like a lover although he really wasn't much of a lover; and it was THEN that I realized that I had lost everything I ever had that mattered.

He loved the holidays and was SO loving and giving, I could never ever again enjoy any holiday. For many years I could not even put up a tree or acknowledge Christmas. No shopping, no parties, no decorating, nothing. It was not until after my G/D was born that I could bring myself to even go Christmas shopping or put up a tree. My heart is with you Vic.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96964 Oct 17, 2013
Sami wrote:
GM ALL! UGH, ITA with you Annie & Vic, those mothers should leave those children alone. Haven't they caused them enough harm? So very selfish.
Mornin' Sami! Been missing you. Mothers like these will never leave these kids alone. They are evil in their dead soul, otherwise they would not have treated the kids they way they did, or allowed others to mistreat them. They mess with the mind of their kids and DO destroy their lives if they are given the chance; even a little foot in the door is too much, even once.

Have to get off here now, have an apt with the ENT about this shitty lingering ear infection, AGAIN. I do think its' made some progress tho.(My nurse friend says it is all a part of the throat cancer and treatment. What say you, Vic?)

I guess the long ride to the ENT will zap all my energy again, so don't know if I'll be back today or not. I do know, I have to try to make some serious progress around here with my housekeeping and laundry, none of which has been caught up for MONTHS, and not sit on the computer as much as I had been doing; and not allow myself to get upset over crap or those I can't change or fix, which ALSO plays hell on my strength.

All, have a good day!! xx00xx... A
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96965 Oct 17, 2013
Vic wrote:
Eye,
We must have been posting at the same time. SO glad you posted. Yeap, that lawyer is having a hard time trying to make them seem less horrid. You keep as many lbs on that you can: you've got a while yet till your thoat heals. How's the boys? How did the artshow go? I hadn't spoken to DIL for 4 months until yesterday,yuck. Boys had a dental appointment had to call her twice then after app.youngest wanted to see her. She hadn't called the boys since Sept.20 until she found out we were on vaca, she called them 2=3 times daily until we got home. They'd get so upset not being with their daddy. I've struggled with my temper all my life, I'll try not to kick her azz but I so want to.
P.S... Vic, the art show starts this week and runs indefinitely. It is permanent until the gallery/museum decides to replace it or until enough of them are sold that they need to replace them with something else, or wants him to add more of his. Brian has had the flu so he was a little remiss in getting some of them hung but told me yesterday he is ready now. Thanks Vic, both my sons are doing well. Have a good day hon. xx00xxx
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96966 Oct 17, 2013
Annie, I hope you feel a lil better everyday and you will soon have a full recovery. Have a good day dear.

P.S. Hank Sr. is on FB. He doesn't post a lot, but says he goes to churcn & has pics of his grandchildren. I guess they're Tommy's kids.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96967 Oct 17, 2013
Casey, has an excuse for everything. Yep, how do we even know Erica has a learning disability? If she did, then all the more reason to keep her in school cuz as far as we know, Casey might not even have an education or be intelligent enough to homeschool any child. She also says her son who went to LE is bipolar. Who knows if he is and what does that have to do with Erica missing? She is missing, so he was correct in going to LE.
King George

West Lafayette, IN

#96968 Oct 17, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
King George, You may be right about this woman named "Irene", but what happened to the one named "Nan" that Casey said she met at a McDonalds and handed Erica over too; taking none of Ericas' personal belongings with her, not even her cell ph so she could at least stay in touch with her, and promising that she would get all new things? What happened to that story? What tangled webs!
Casey said that Nan's "real" name was Irene Goodman.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96969 Oct 18, 2013
King George wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey said that Nan's "real" name was Irene Goodman.
Thank you, KG. Do you know; where does swindler, liar, child abuser/murderer Casey claim to have met Irene Goodman or does such a person even exist?

It's hard to contemplate the pain and horror of a child being forcefully held down and having their teeth extracted with a pair of pliers as some sort of 'punishment', maybe for eating too much? Or was it because Erica reminded Casey of her ugly mother whom she despised? Is this one of the gruesome abuses that happened to Erica? I wonder, were they pulled out all at one time or one by one, or two by two, as Casey decided to dole out another 'punishment'? Those teeth found in a plastic baggie in the shed had to come from somebodies mouth. The idea of collecting them for the tooth fairy is pure bullshyt and a boldface lie.

Should these turn out not to be Ericas' teeth, for a child to be hated is a terrible thing. There would be no escape from their physical and verbal abuses; since infancy, she would have had no peace without horror day or night. The thought of all the probable horrors and pain this child endured is sickening.

Saying if it were true; just to hand Erica off to a stranger to get rid of her, not caring what that stranger might force her to do, is an evil thing and deserves the death penalty. But I believe the step-brother, there is no reason not to believe him, is there? They killed her.

I hope this does not become another case of LE dropping the ball, and that Ericas' poor little battered body is soon found and she can be laid to rest with the dignity and prayers she never had in this life. RIP, lovely one.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96970 Oct 18, 2013
GM ALL!

Hope you're feeling a lil better today & everyday, Annie!

ITA, the brother had no reason to lie. Sandy's brother, the uncle believed it too & he is the one who went with the brother/bio son to LE. That son lived in that house with them. He knew what they were capable of. Who knows, maybe this is the reason he attacked Casey. The fact is a child is missing and that child was suppose to be living in the home with Casey & Sandy. exactly, lets say they did give Erica away/sell her, that's illegal. You can't just sell a child and we know damn well she wouldn't have just given her away for free. That's sick & that would deserve the DP too. She tried to steal a baby from the bio mother she was a surrogate for and sell it to other couples. She also continued to collect monthly checks for Erica for the whole two yrs. she was gone. One thing for sure is she is a liar and a thief, so it's not to hard to imagine she's a murderer too. She's evil & I don't put anything past her. Awful funny when her TA bio daughter was gone for less then 24 hrs. she called LE & reported it. She's the evil adopted mom and I'm not sure if Erica does have learning disabilities, but if she does, then it's probably due to Casey not helping her, teaching her and pulling her out of school. Not to mention verbally & physically abusing the poor child.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96971 Oct 18, 2013
Oh, one more very good point. Casey was conversing with Carolyn at the same time she says she was conversing with this invisible Nan or Irene Goodman. You mean to tell me she wouldn't have asked Carolyn about her since she wanted her daughter to visit her? She wouldn't even mention that she has been talking to this Irene Goodman to Carolyn? That's insane to think not and Carolyn would have told her she was DEAD for 5 years.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96972 Oct 18, 2013
Sami, this is an awful, awful woman, capable of committing ANY crime. No child could thrive normally around an adult like Casey Parsons and her husband. It's just not humanly possible. There's no telling how the other children were coerced into treating this pitiful child as well.

Sometimes siblings will mistreat the weaker one just to obtain favor and approval of their parents, and at other times they will blame and cause the weak one to suffer punishments for things they did themselves; then bully and laugh at the one taking their punishments, knowing the parents won't question their lies since they hate the child anyway.

If this is even a fraction of what went on in that hell hole of a home, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did, this poor little girl was at the mercy of everyone of them, with her bullying and abuse never ending. There would have been no good thing this child could have done to gain any love, mercy or compassion from them.

I'm just glad the brother and uncle finally came forward to report Casey (AND Sandy), although apparently it was already too late.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96973 Oct 18, 2013
Sami wrote:
Oh, one more very good point. Casey was conversing with Carolyn at the same time she says she was conversing with this invisible Nan or Irene Goodman. You mean to tell me she wouldn't have asked Carolyn about her since she wanted her daughter to visit her? She wouldn't even mention that she has been talking to this Irene Goodman to Carolyn? That's insane to think not and Carolyn would have told her she was DEAD for 5 years.
This is just another one of Casey's crazy crazy lies that she thinks the whole world is supposed to believe. She couldn't have been conversing with this Irene Goodman if she had already been dead for FIVE years! Carolyn isn't worth two syhts either, but what does she have to say about all this? What was this Irene Goodmans' prior connection with Carolyn, Casey or Sandy, or was there ever a connection between any of them?

Thank you Sami, I AM feeling a little stronger this morning, at least for now. So far I can't count on it to last for the day, but for now am perking right along. Have started on the kitchen, maybe will be able to make some progress in there today. Hope your hubby is improving as well, my dear!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96974 Oct 18, 2013
I'm glad you're feeling a lil better. Take it slow, just do a lil at a time. Thanks, my husband is doing better also.

This Irene Goodman is Erica's dead paternal grandmother. Trahy, Carolyn had Erica by another man after leaving her husband, Sandy's brother. I believe her three children by her husband went & lived with other relatives. Yep, I have no doubt that there wasn't a thing poor Ercia could do to get any approval or love from those monsters. My heart breaks for that poor baby. I also have no doubt that Casey home schooled her. He-- she said she was sick & in the hospital for weeks at a time for months on end, so how could she have schooled her? I also wonder if the son threatened to tell LE on Casey & Sandy for Erica's disappearance and that's when Casey called LE & said he beat her and had him thrown in jail and said he's crazy. IMO he's not the one who's crazy. He's the only one who brought Erica being missing to anyones attn. Casey also said that when she was in the hospital for weeks on end that her son, James is the one who stayed home with all the kids, including her two young ones, so he couldn't have been too crazy. She's a lying beotch.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96975 Oct 18, 2013
Thanks for your explanation Sami; you know far more about this trashy bunch than I do. However, as I've said previously, I do believe James told the truth and could tell lots more if he hasn't already. I hope he will be able to pull his life together as it sounds like he didn't have much of one while he was growing up in this hell hole.

Why does Casey claim she was hospitalized for weeks/months on end? Psych ward maybe? Since this b'tch would do anything for money, I wonder how many times she hired herself out to procreate surrogate babies then sell them back to their bio parents or someone else? Attys who handle these types of cases ought to have their feet held to a hot poker to force them to tell the truth about these pregnancies, the selling of these helpless infants and where they helped to place them, then having their files forever sealed under court jurisdiction. It sickens me to think that Caseys' blood flowed through the veins of helpless babies while developing and now they carry her genes.

Do you know if there have been any recent updates by the local LE, who,(hopefully) are investigating this horribly dysfunctional family and Ericas' disappearance? Do you know if Erica was the only one who was supposedly 'home schooled'? Like hell she was. She was kept at home because she was battered and abused and Casey wasn't about to outfit her or spend any money to send her to school. Poor baby, I could cry for her. I wonder if LE is seriously considering that she is dead and may be searching for her body?

Are you okay Vic? You sounded so sad yesterday. If I could have put my arms around you, I would have. Take care hon. xx0000xxx.. AB
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96976 Oct 18, 2013
Good questions. I too wondered if she homeschooled any of her other children, but haven't heard that she did. If she did surrogate for anyone else I would believe it would have came out, but who knows, she could have & like you said, these attorney's can be shady. I know some kids are naturally small, but I wonder if Erica was so small do to abuse and starvation. Who would know, except those in that house that Casey controlled cuz nobody else saw the poor child. Gosh, no friends have came forward, no teachers, neighbors, nobody. Eleven yrs. old and no friends? That beotch Casey is evil. I haven't heard of any updates except that she was going on a wild goose hunt for the nonexisting Nan person. She's trying to get her bio kids back and their belongings, but never Erica until now and she still never said she wanted Erica back, she just wants to clear her name. She never even once in all her interviews cried, worried or said she loved Erica. I believe they haven't charged them with fraud over the checks yet cuz they want them out to see what the do. They committed fraud against the gov't for two yrs. and they will do jail time for that. I hope they can link those evil bastards to the house fire too. Insurance fraud is no joke, so they'll be where they belong one way or another.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96977 Oct 18, 2013
Oh, Casey went to the hospital for some illness. I forgot what it was. One thing she can't claim is being crazy cuz of he monsterous deeds cuz she had a psych test before being a surrogate and she passed. She's just evil.

Vic, I too hope all is well with you.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Canuk 1,658,342
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr ANGHARAD 514,750
Word Association 2 (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 23,134
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 13,411
two words (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 28,207
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 19,714
Happy Cats Purr! 5 hr Cats Rule 4

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages