Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning. Full Story
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96812 Oct 12, 2013
zazz wrote:
EyeOfTheNewt I am praying for you. I see yesterday was your last treatment. This is wonderful. I hope it wasn't too hard on you. Since you haven't posted I'm surmising you aren't feeling your best.
God bless you dear lady, please feel better soon.
Thank you Zazz! Yes Zazz, it was very hard, awful, but I'm thinking it could always get worse. I'm just thankful to be sitting where I am right now!

You have no idea how much I appreciate your caring about me AND praying for me. Maybe the worst is over now? Or just for a while? I guess it's too soon to tell?

God bless you too, sweet one; and to all of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart. xx00xxx... AB
Canton, OH

#96813 Oct 12, 2013
GM Everyone!

Glad to see you posting Anne. Sorry to hear you have another week or two before getting past the awful pain you have been in. Poor thing, you have been thru so much! When in pain, a week or two feels like a month or two. Glad you are on the road to recovery though!
Sami

Howell, MI

#96814 Oct 12, 2013
GM Annie, thank you! It's awful that your throat hurts so bad. It can only get better now that your treatments are finally over. Stay strong and try to get a lot of rest.

You make great points as always. I've forgotten a lot about Lisa's case. IA, I would do everything to cooperate with LE if my child were missing. Can't le get all the calls made from the phone service even if they don't have the phones? Didn't they find that one to Jersey's GF or did they get that off the GF's phone? If there were a hit on the carpet, then wouldn't LE take it? On the interview I watched the other day Deborah said she did not fail her poly, but le just told her that at first. I dunno, but that poor baby needs justice.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#96815 Oct 12, 2013
One thing about the Ramsey's; they were STRANGE people! The fact that they were "upper middle" does not impress me. I have a lot of questions concerning this case.

1)WHY did Patsy clean up Jon Benet's body during the night, put different clothes on her, and put the ones she had on previously during her death in the washer? By the time the police were called hours later, the clothes were done or nearly done in the dryer.

2) WHY, when John "found" her body, did he lay her down under the Christmas tree? She had been there so long, that the police quoted that she was already emitting an odor, indicating she had been dead for almost twelve hours.

3) WHY, when the note was examined, did the handwriting match Patsy's previous letters that were found? No kidding - a rather strange writing and a PERFECT MATCH!

3) WHY, when there had been freshly fallen snow, there were no strange footprints around the outside perimeter of the house? How could anyone other than the family entered the home the night before?

4) WHY, when entomologists were called in, they found no spider webs broken around the one basement window that John said had to be where the killer came in? And, it was determined that the webs had been weaved by spiders that were in that area only in the summer time? In other words, they were old webs, not ones that had just been made?

5) WHY, did the only polygraphs the Ramsey's take were the ones given to them by their own attorney? LOL! That's like letting a wolf guard the chicken house.

6)The one lame hope for the Ramsey's came when 'stranger' DNA was found on little Jon Benet's panties, even after a wash. Patsy accidentally hung herself however, when she had mentioned that when they all got back from the party the night before (drunk),that Jon Benet had wet her panties and so Patsy hurriedly opened up a new package of them and put a new pair on her before putting her to bed. Unwashed, every garment we have ever bought has the inspector's DNA on it - they are the last to handle clothes before they are packaged. That is why I always launder any new clothing.

I could go on and on, but this case stank from the very beginning. I have my own thoughts as to what happened; I think that child was killed accidentally, but both John and Patsy had something on each other, and protected each other to Patsy's dying day.
Canton, OH

#96816 Oct 12, 2013
Great posts Anne, I def agree DB knows more than she is saying. As far as her not allowing the other two children in the home to be interviewed, I believe that is b/c they most likely heard or seen something that night and DB knows, kids tell it all. Agree with you and KG regarding the carpet, I did hear and see that the smell of human decomp was found on the carpeting in DB's bedroom, however, makes no sense why LE did not remove it. It's funny you say that about the cell phones, I was thinking along those lines too in the beginning. Felt if DB did do something to Lisa or knew who did and was covering up, then of course, she would need to make it look like she had no way to call 911. If Lisa were abducted I also see KG's point regarding the abductor taking the phones so again, no way to call for help. I kept thinking there was mention of a dumpster fire not far from their home that night. After reading the info. it was reported at 2:27 a.m. Tuesday at an apt complex about a 1/2 mile from their home, Jeremy returned home around 4:00 a.m. that same morning. It was said the landfill was searched twice. I understand nothing came of that but sure seemed suspicious at the time. Regarding them being interviewed separately, ITA Anne, they do not need an atty with them to speak about their missing child. What is there to be afraid of? If LE asks a question sounding accusatory, if you are not guilty then you simply answer truthfully, letting them know you have no idea what happened that night etc... Not willing to be interviewed separately w/o an atty, again, sure makes them seem guilty of at the very least knowing something.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96817 Oct 12, 2013
Great points Ponderings, Karma & KG. I dunno what happened to poor JBR either. It doesn't seem like Patsy could have been drunk and went into a rage over the soiled panties and hurt her. I never wanted to believe they were the ones who killed her as I saw no reason for them to have, but they could have accidentally killed her. All I know is their actions after were beyond strange. I never understood any of their factions including leaving within hours. That poor baby was just waiting for santa and instead of santa she was killed by a monster.

Level 6

Since: May 11

AOL

#96818 Oct 12, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Topaz! It's nice to meet ya. I was wondering, have we posted together in the past?
Re your comment about the Ramseys; I know, there's a lot of pros and cons, speculation and varied opinions on John & Patsy (both or one) being the one who killed beautiful JonBenet, but I've never believed it based on the fact that it just doesn't make sense that they (or either one), or anyone in their family had anything to do with killing JonBenet and leaving her dead body lying on their basement floor. It just simply doesn't make sense. If a thing doesn't make sense, then normally it didn't happen as it appeared to have happened.
John Ramsey was a smart business man, successful and worth a great deal of money. Why would he leave his daughter lying dead in his own home, only to point the finger at himself, when he had all night to quietly haul her body out and quickly dispose of her, THEN report her missing? If Patsy caused her death, then why would SHE leave the child lying there dead, write a hoaxed up rambling kidnapping letter that appeared to be in her own writing, then call 911 the next morning and report her child "missing" when she ALSO had all night to quickly and quietly haul her child out of the house and place her elsewhere WITHOUT writing a letter or drawing attention to pointing suspicion at herself? Patsy was not as business savvy as John but she was a socialite wife and an arm candy trophy wife with a lot to protect. It simply didn't happen.
As to them hiring a PR person, I would have done the same thing, as well as hiring an atty immediately (they did) since they were being treated as criminals within the hour by a little 22 year old inexperienced rookie, wet-behind-the-ears girl with the BPD.
Hi EON, it's nice to meet you too! I've read you're not well and wish you the best, hopefully things will improve rapidly for you.
As to the Ramsey's and what makes sense, I don't even want to get started so I'll leave your post as it stands and continue to believe what I do about them. Nothing personal, but my thoughts and knowledge of that case contradict your's and therefor we're at a stalemate.
I do respect your insight on Baby Lisa case, for that you've really done your homework. I never knew Deb was married to someone else or that there were other kids involved. Thanks! Changes my mind about all that and perhaps she really is responsible.

Level 1

Location hidden

#96819 Oct 12, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi EON, it's nice to meet you too! I've read you're not well and wish you the best, hopefully things will improve rapidly for you.
As to the Ramsey's and what makes sense, I don't even want to get started so I'll leave your post as it stands and continue to believe what I do about them. Nothing personal, but my thoughts and knowledge of that case contradict your's and therefor we're at a stalemate.
I do respect your insight on Baby Lisa case, for that you've really done your homework. I never knew Deb was married to someone else or that there were other kids involved. Thanks! Changes my mind about all that and perhaps she really is responsible.
As far as your theory on the Ramsey's, thank you! For at least three years after Jon Benet's death, I studied this case as thoroughly as I could. I read books, and articles on the Internet, trying to scrutinize the origin and writers, and staying away from any blogs. I have a theory on what happened, and I truly think I am close to the truth. However, there have recently been several bloggers on various Topix threads who are now being sued by families because of what they have posted, so I prefer not to post my ideas at this time. If any one on this particular forum was registered, I might send a private message, but not openly and publicly.

So far, nothing has convinced me that the Ramsey's are innocent in what happened to their precious little girl.. not buying it.. not even 'renting' it...LOL!

Level 6

AOL

#96820 Oct 12, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as your theory on the Ramsey's, thank you! For at least three years after Jon Benet's death, I studied this case as thoroughly as I could. I read books, and articles on the Internet, trying to scrutinize the origin and writers, and staying away from any blogs. I have a theory on what happened, and I truly think I am close to the truth. However, there have recently been several bloggers on various Topix threads who are now being sued by families because of what they have posted, so I prefer not to post my ideas at this time. If any one on this particular forum was registered, I might send a private message, but not openly and publicly.
So far, nothing has convinced me that the Ramsey's are innocent in what happened to their precious little girl.. not buying it.. not even 'renting' it...LOL!
Hi Ponderings:D
LOL about 'renting'! Well said.
I don't know how anyone can sue another for their opinion unless they state their opinion as fact. I'm not careful to write IMO every time I post, but clearly it's just an opinion if we're writing on a public forum.
I'd love to hear your theory if you'd like to tell me, but if not, I get the gist and agree;)

Level 1

Location hidden

#96821 Oct 12, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ponderings:D
LOL about 'renting'! Well said.
I don't know how anyone can sue another for their opinion unless they state their opinion as fact. I'm not careful to write IMO every time I post, but clearly it's just an opinion if we're writing on a public forum.
I'd love to hear your theory if you'd like to tell me, but if not, I get the gist and agree;)
Okay - I forgot to notice that you are registered. I will be gone for a few hours, but this evening I will try to PM you. So, stay tuned!

Level 6

AOL

#96822 Oct 12, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay - I forgot to notice that you are registered. I will be gone for a few hours, but this evening I will try to PM you. So, stay tuned!
Can't wait! Thanks sweetie:D
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96823 Oct 12, 2013
Ponderings, re your post earlier where you make itemized reasons why you believe the Ramseys to be guilty in JonBenets' death; BLESS YOUR HEART! You have given it a lot of thought and hours of your time in trying to arrive at the right conclusion in your beliefs & opinions. PLEASE know that I have the highest and utmost respect for your posts and what you believe happened that night.

I could itemize and explain the opinions of others in each one of these itemizations where you could be wrong; but then, SO COULD I BE WRONG!

I just want you to know that for the first few years after JBRs' death, I leaned heavily towards believing pretty much the same things you do now, but these opinions were all based on news releases and publications, talking heads, and 'he said, she said' and 'he did and she did' and 'they thought' and so on. However, even then it never made sense to me that either one of the Ramseys would kill the child and leave her lying dead in the basement and write up a stupid nonsensical kidnapping letter that appears to be entirely in Patsy's handwriting; when they, or either one, could have more easily disposed of JonBenet without creating the slightest suspicion of guilt on themselves.

It was a number of years ago that I began to do my own research to see what the professionals had to say about their OWN research into the death of JonBenet and it was after THIS that I began to feel; 'wait just a minute! Maybe the Ramsey's aren't as guilty as they might have appeared to be.' Over these years, Pondering, I have read MANY reports made by well-known experts in their field, with vast experience, citing the evidence that there WAS an intruder in the home and that Patsy did NOT write the letter, and so much more.

I suggest that you google: "Evidence and Research in the Death of JonBenet Ramsey". There you will find MANY subheadings for these many research reports made by professionals, not bloggers, the media or others who have limited or no knowledge other than what they've 'heard' and believe. Among these reports, read "Evidence in JBR case points to intruder."
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96824 Oct 12, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Topaz! Thanks for your response. Just know that I highly respect your opinions and not just my own. I don't think ANYONE is entirely right all of the time and this includes myself; NOR am I trying to sway anyone to believe as I do.

My train of thought in nearly everything I do comes full circle back to the wisdom of: What does the actual evidence (or lack of) show? Would you go talk to your auto mechanic about your brain tumor to see what HE thinks or would you go to see your Oncology Brain Surgeon who is knowledgeable? Heresay is one thing, trained knowledge and experience is quite another.

So you see, I too have read ALL of the opinions and blogs and LE news releases, and heard all of the talking heads and other news media, and everything else everyone thought about the evidence and circumstances of JBs' gruesome murder; THEN I sought out what DO THE PROFESSIONALS in their chosen field, who did massive research into the matter, MOST of whom were not paid to give their reports, think happened to JonBenet and what was the Ramseys' involvement? It was THERE that I drew my final conculsion that they were NOT involved.

One thing we do know: IFFF either one WERE involved in JBs' murder, then it is known to Almighty God and they (he/she) will surely pay for it throughout all eternity. And that's pretty much where I rest my mind on every issue in this crazy world where things frequently look like what they're not.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96825 Oct 12, 2013
Sami wrote:
Great points Ponderings, Karma & KG. I dunno what happened to poor JBR either. It doesn't seem like Patsy could have been drunk and went into a rage over the soiled panties and hurt her. I never wanted to believe they were the ones who killed her as I saw no reason for them to have, but they could have accidentally killed her. All I know is their actions after were beyond strange. I never understood any of their factions including leaving within hours. That poor baby was just waiting for santa and instead of santa she was killed by a monster.
Sami, everyone makes excellent points. No one can dispute that, particularly since none of us were there and do not know for a fact what happened that night into each and every little detail. As to Patsy being drunk, I never read the first report from witnesses who were with them at their earlier dinner party, who said Patsy OR John were drunk. This is news to me.

To my way of thinking, I didn't find their actions all that strange afterwards either, particularly after I read the many reports of professionals who investigated for MANY months and gave entirely DIFFERENT reports concerning Patsy & Johns' behavior and total cooperation with LE and NOT just what inexperienced LE said at the time.

I also did not find it so unusual that Patsy had not changed her clothes after coming home from the dinner party. How many of us have come home late, and tired, and know that we have to get up in just a few short hours, and have laid down in the same clothes we were wearing? I know I certainly HAVE. I have even laid down on a few occasions on the bare mattress without even putting the mattress pads or sheets on the bed because I was just too tired.

As to Patsy washing JBs' peed on sheets that night, this too is possible, but IMO, highly doubtful. Patsy had housekeepers and didn't have to turn her soft hands to do laundry or anything else. Nineteen people had keys to their house, including their housekeepers, who would have been coming in to clean after they left the next day. Why should Patsy worry herself about peed on sheets? Makes no sense.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96826 Oct 12, 2013
Hi! Annie & All! Truthfully, I have no idea what happened to poor JBR. I really don't. I didn't hear that Patsy was drunk that ngt., just wondering. Heck, I didn't even know she didn't change her clothes after the party as I really didn't follow this case in it's entirety. However, now that you mention that she did sleep in her formal clothing, I do find that odd. Not because I haven't slept in mine, but I don't believe I have ever slept in formal clothing, especially on x-mas eve knowing I would have to wake early with my children for santa. I personally would rather be in my sleepwear so early rather then wake and have to change. Besides, she doesn't seem like the kind who would sleep in her formal attire or on a bare mattress, if that's what she did as well. I don't know the whole story so I really don't know what happened in this case. It's just so sad.

Hope you're feeling better Annie! xxoo
Canton, OH

#96827 Oct 12, 2013
The home that Sandy and Casey Parsons was evicted from caught on fire.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/article/301713/5... -
Canton, OH

#96828 Oct 12, 2013
Homeowner William Parsons was there working on the house, so far they are saying the possible cause was a microwave. Guess the investigation is still under way. There was a link on one of the sites that shows the condition they left the house in. OMG...PIGSTY!!

Level 6

AOL

#96829 Oct 12, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Topaz! Thanks for your response. Just know that I highly respect your opinions and not just my own. I don't think ANYONE is entirely right all of the time and this includes myself; NOR am I trying to sway anyone to believe as I do.
My train of thought in nearly everything I do comes full circle back to the wisdom of: What does the actual evidence (or lack of) show? Would you go talk to your auto mechanic about your brain tumor to see what HE thinks or would you go to see your Oncology Brain Surgeon who is knowledgeable? Heresay is one thing, trained knowledge and experience is quite another.
So you see, I too have read ALL of the opinions and blogs and LE news releases, and heard all of the talking heads and other news media, and everything else everyone thought about the evidence and circumstances of JBs' gruesome murder; THEN I sought out what DO THE PROFESSIONALS in their chosen field, who did massive research into the matter, MOST of whom were not paid to give their reports, think happened to JonBenet and what was the Ramseys' involvement? It was THERE that I drew my final conculsion that they were NOT involved.
One thing we do know: IFFF either one WERE involved in JBs' murder, then it is known to Almighty God and they (he/she) will surely pay for it throughout all eternity. And that's pretty much where I rest my mind on every issue in this crazy world where things frequently look like what they're not.
Thanks for your thoughts on JBR case, EON. I'm certainly not here to change anyone's opinion about that or anything else. Tis my opinion no intruder entered that home that night, nor did Patsy just throw on the same clothing and slather on makeup before 6 am the following day EVER.(she handed her sister a scroll of things she wanted from the house asking for cashmere coat, velvet jeans, sweaters, etc. and the dept store brought her a bunch of dresses to choose from for the funeral..hardly the time to care about dresses, Patsy even designed a hat to wear in the midst of her mourning. Patsy was nothing if not vain, so yes, it does seem weird she'd wear the same outfit from the night before with a closet full of fun clothes. But anyway, thanks for your input!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96830 Oct 13, 2013
realTopaz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your thoughts on JBR case, EON. I'm certainly not here to change anyone's opinion about that or anything else. Tis my opinion no intruder entered that home that night, nor did Patsy just throw on the same clothing and slather on makeup before 6 am the following day EVER.(she handed her sister a scroll of things she wanted from the house asking for cashmere coat, velvet jeans, sweaters, etc. and the dept store brought her a bunch of dresses to choose from for the funeral..hardly the time to care about dresses, Patsy even designed a hat to wear in the midst of her mourning. Patsy was nothing if not vain, so yes, it does seem weird she'd wear the same outfit from the night before with a closet full of fun clothes. But anyway, thanks for your input!
Topaz, where was it written that Patsy threw on the same clothing at 6:00 a.m. and slathered on makeup over the old? It was reported that Patsy still had on the same clothing and makeup from the night before. Didn't you read my posts above? Obviously, whatever sleep Patsy got the night before was due to her lying down in the same clothing without preparing for bed, planning to shower and dress the next morning, but when she went downstairs to make the coffee, this is when she found the kidnap letter and JB missing.

What is wrong with Patsy having given her sister a list of things she wanted to take on their trip, or with having the dept store send out clothing for her to chose from and to wear to the funeral? It is not all THAT unusual for ones' favorite sales clerk at your favorite dept store to have things sent out to your home for approval. At least she wasn't running around shopping. And may I ask, what would be wrong with her recustomizing the hat she wanted to wear? And WHAT may I ask does any of this have to do with Patsy murdering her daughter?

Lastly, obviously you have not read the numerous professional opinions that are posted on Google, otherwise you could not come away without at least one small doubt that there WAS an intruder in the Ramsey home that night.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96831 Oct 13, 2013
Sami wrote:
Hi! Annie & All! Truthfully, I have no idea what happened to poor JBR. I really don't. I didn't hear that Patsy was drunk that ngt., just wondering. Heck, I didn't even know she didn't change her clothes after the party as I really didn't follow this case in it's entirety. However, now that you mention that she did sleep in her formal clothing, I do find that odd. Not because I haven't slept in mine, but I don't believe I have ever slept in formal clothing, especially on x-mas eve knowing I would have to wake early with my children for santa. I personally would rather be in my sleepwear so early rather then wake and have to change. Besides, she doesn't seem like the kind who would sleep in her formal attire or on a bare mattress, if that's what she did as well. I don't know the whole story so I really don't know what happened in this case. It's just so sad.
Hope you're feeling better Annie! xxoo
Sami, I never read or heard anywhere that Patsy had slept in "formal" clothing. The Ramseys had attended a Christmas Evening dinner party (the night of the 25th) at their friends,(I believe it was "Fleets") home, with their children. This would not have been a "formal" party, per se', but a nicely dressed dinner party with the children of the guests present. It was Christmas night, not Christmas Eve, and the Ramseys were set to fly to their vacation home in Mich the next morning, the 26th.

Didn't mean to confuse you. When I mentioned sleeping on a bare mattress, I did not mean to imply that John & Patsy had ever slept on a bare mattress, I merely mentioned this in comparison to my own self, saying that I had ALSO slept in my clothing a few times in my lifetime (it's a miserable way to sleep!) and had even slept on a bare mattress on a (very rare) occasion, being too tired to make up the bed. I simply used that scenario to state that I could understand how Patsy might have laid down on the bed still wearing her dinner clothes without changing into her night gown and properly getting ready for bed, since I have done this very thing myself a time or two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min mdbuilder 46,754
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min GayGhostsMama 1,110,278
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 8 min AN other 487,612
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 45 min Murph 70,476
Privilege Waived - Part II . . . Remember Me? 1 hr Lon Spector 96
What life is like for Casey Anthony 1 hr Lon Spector 242
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... (Feb '14) 2 hr Lon Spector 288
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE