Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98315 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96588 Sep 30, 2013
Awe, I luv the lil Dr. in you, Vic. I too hope your appointment went ok today Annie. I know it's so very hard, but just think it's almost over honey.

Karma & Vic, ITA, it breaks my heart that these poor, innocent, children aren't even protected from their own parents and in their own homes cuz their pos parents bring monsters into their homes and protect them....ugh

Zarah Bakers case breaks my heart too. The poor lil girl suffered so much already, then was moved from her country and grandparents and instead of being able to enjoy the new world she was moved into a house of he-- with the devil. That POS father had to know what was going on. She was dead and disposed of for a long time. I don't give a chit what he says about working long hrs. and Zarah being in her bedroom. He never got the friggen urge to say hi to her or take her anfywhere or even eat dinner with her? He didn't even care if he saw her in that small azz house? You don't think she would have asked her father to find out if her poor letters were being mailed to her friend and most likely grandparents? IMO the father and the evil stepmother can rot in hell. Same goes with Haily Dunn's pos mother and her live-in freak. IMO, Kyron's dad is an idiot too. I know he wasn't involved in his son's disappearance (murder) and he did leave the killer stepmother, but it was a lil too late. I just can't stand that guy. I don't like the way he acts, talks or anything about him. I hope that evil stepmother does get arrested and pays for her crime as do those responsible for Haily & Haleigh's death.

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#96589 Sep 30, 2013
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>
Then when asked about his drug use, he says on national TV that he doesn't do drugs! So much for that. lol. Not that everyone in America didn't already know he was lying.
ALL drug users are liars...and, they are VERY good at it, too! They can stare anybody in the eye and lie to them point blank, without batting an eye. Just ask professional medical worker who deals with them on a daily basis.
Vic

AOL

#96590 Sep 30, 2013
Eye,

When you feel like it I'm very interested in your knowledge of land deed contracts. The benefits it has for both buyer and seller. Thank you in advance.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96591 Sep 30, 2013
ITA Ponderings, drug addicts have no feelings, they will say and do anything. Yep, they will lie to the end. Many of them are psychopaths. Look at Ron, he has no feelings or regard for his daughter. Like Karma and many of us witnessed. He went on with his life, not skipping a beat. Partying, vaca's, drugging and drinking and even marrying the very last person who is said to have seen his missing daughter, the very one who changed her story a half dozen or more times. He didn't even consider his son even after his daughter went missing/murdered, he was still busy with his disgusting lifestyle and drug dealing.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96592 Sep 30, 2013
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>
O I didn't know that Ponderings, I understand the mother, Trista Reynolds has an online petition set up to have whomever is responsible for what happened to her, prosecuted. It includes of course, Justin, his sister Elisha, and his gf Courtney. Really ticks me off of 3 possibly 4 adults in the home that night, they are remaining tight lipped. Guess it's no different than the Haleigh Cummings or Elaina Steinfurth case. One would think with his sister having a child in the same home she would not stand for the murder of her niece.
Ponderings & Karma, this all goes back to the old Hitler sayisms. If you deny something long enough you can convince anybody of anything. Same as 'you can tell the people anything and they will start to believe you.' Deny deny deny. This pattern follows through on Caylees' death and all the other child deaths and disappearances that have not been prosecuted, and their lying parents, step parents and others who help to cover for them; all getting away with it. Including Cindy & Geo Anthony who perjured themselves and got away with it.

If LE investigators used their feet for something besides walking, they would find that Cindy & Geo knew from the git-go how Caylee died and where she was dumped the day she was dumped. To this day, still, no one has been brought to justice in Caylees' death or any of these other missing and deceased childrens cases. I'd be surprised if any of these murders are ever solved. Mostly, I don't think LE even cares any longer.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96593 Sep 30, 2013
Vic wrote:
Good Morning All,
Geraldo was the only journalist that went to Satsuma and showed the true Cummins clan. I watched that interview again yesterday. Geraldo asked RC what we all wanted to know. THere was RC surrounded by TN,Rooster,Uncle Donald, GMS they circled RC and Geraldo even as his backing up off property, still grilled RC. RC's last statement to camera was,"I'll believe that Haleigh's alive till they find her". SPOS
Vic, when I get my facilities back about me, and have a little time to pull my thoughts together, I am going to send Geraldo a slew of emails and see if I can get him back on this case. After my communications with Daniel Horowitz,(a guest on NG's show) who turned out to be real nice and glad to talk to me, I found it not so hard to reach some of these media people.

Geraldo is probably an exception and might be hard to reach via email, but I would think it could be done if one persevered. He got himself in a big mess there that day with those dangerous Cummings hayseeds encamped all around him. He could have had some serious damage done to himself and his crew had he not gotten his butt out of there when he did! They would have gotten away with too.

I think he was badly frightened (I know I would have been) that day; but I can't think of another person who might have a personal interest in ripping this case open other than Geraldo if someone could get his interest reactivated at a distance where he has some protection and not right up in their faces. For sure, I'd LOVE to see him bring out the FACTS in this case and also make a complete fool out of NG publically once and for all.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96594 Sep 30, 2013
Sami, Vic, Karma, Ponderings & all; sorry, I have to go lie down now. Will try to look in again later.... Love you all. A.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96595 Sep 30, 2013
Vic wrote:
Eye,
When you feel like it I'm very interested in your knowledge of land deed contracts. The benefits it has for both buyer and seller. Thank you in advance.
Sorry Vic, I missed this post and several others above. I will just have to get back to them a little later. I will tell you about land contracts, there ARE some benefits to both buyers and sellers. Just bear with me a little, okay hon? xx00xx...
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96596 Sep 30, 2013
Awe, Annie, rest & eat & hopefully you'll feel better later.

IA, Geraldo, would prob. be the only one to try and get any new info. on Haleigh's case especially since I'm sure he's already on to Ron & his bs games and pissed @ him.

OT- I really don't know if Amanda Knox is guilty or not, I find her strange, but I really have no idea. However, it would be a cold day in he-- when I went back to some foreign country who held me in prison for years. Just sayin....I wouldn't do it....noway in he--...
Vic

Shelbyville, KY

#96597 Sep 30, 2013
Sami,
Neighbor kids always called me NurseVic.

Erica Parsons remindes me of Zahra. Did I read it right det. found a bag of teeth in the shed. Well,at least Erica's grandparents,relatives want justice. Who did she stay with for eight months? Reports stated that while she was there she was gaining weight, happy.Then Casey too afraid state check would stop coming to her got her back,evil psycho. Read she wore a 3T when she was 6 years old. They starved and beat this child. The Lord shows no mercy to those that harm children.
Canton, OH

#96598 Sep 30, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
ALL drug users are liars...and, they are VERY good at it, too! They can stare anybody in the eye and lie to them point blank, without batting an eye. Just ask professional medical worker who deals with them on a daily basis.
Couldn't agree more Ponderings. Glad the ones involved in this case are finally behind bars! Every last one of them!
Canton, OH

#96599 Sep 30, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
Sami, Vic, Karma, Ponderings & all; sorry, I have to go lie down now. Will try to look in again later.... Love you all. A.
Aww Anne, I hope you get some rest and strength. I only know what you are going thru b/c my Aunt just went thru chemo...says it made her very weak and of course sick. I feel so bad for what you are goin thru.
Canton, OH

#96600 Sep 30, 2013
Sami wrote:
Awe, I luv the lil Dr. in you, Vic. I too hope your appointment went ok today Annie. I know it's so very hard, but just think it's almost over honey.
Karma & Vic, ITA, it breaks my heart that these poor, innocent, children aren't even protected from their own parents and in their own homes cuz their pos parents bring monsters into their homes and protect them....ugh
Zarah Bakers case breaks my heart too. The poor lil girl suffered so much already, then was moved from her country and grandparents and instead of being able to enjoy the new world she was moved into a house of he-- with the devil. That POS father had to know what was going on. She was dead and disposed of for a long time. I don't give a chit what he says about working long hrs. and Zarah being in her bedroom. He never got the friggen urge to say hi to her or take her anfywhere or even eat dinner with her? He didn't even care if he saw her in that small azz house? You don't think she would have asked her father to find out if her poor letters were being mailed to her friend and most likely grandparents? IMO the father and the evil stepmother can rot in hell. Same goes with Haily Dunn's pos mother and her live-in freak. IMO, Kyron's dad is an idiot too. I know he wasn't involved in his son's disappearance (murder) and he did leave the killer stepmother, but it was a lil too late. I just can't stand that guy. I don't like the way he acts, talks or anything about him. I hope that evil stepmother does get arrested and pays for her crime as do those responsible for Haily & Haleigh's death.
ITA Sami, Zahra's father, the pig he is, even laughed at times while talking about her, and it never had anything to do with fond memories of her. I know some may not agree but sure wish eye for an eye was an option. Would love for the POS that hurt/murder children to go thru the same torture! I do not care for Kyron's father either, something about him, after watching the Dr. Phil show, made me think he knew all about the hatred Terri had for his son. She wasn't silent about it. Do you think SA and BD will ever pay for the murder of Hailey Dunn?
Canton, OH

#96601 Sep 30, 2013
Vic wrote:
Sami,
Neighbor kids always called me NurseVic.
Erica Parsons remindes me of Zahra. Did I read it right det. found a bag of teeth in the shed. Well,at least Erica's grandparents,relatives want justice. Who did she stay with for eight months? Reports stated that while she was there she was gaining weight, happy.Then Casey too afraid state check would stop coming to her got her back,evil psycho. Read she wore a 3T when she was 6 years old. They starved and beat this child. The Lord shows no mercy to those that harm children.
Vic, I was wondering while reading your posts to Anne if you were a nurse. You are good! lol

Yep, they sure did find a bag of teeth in the shed. Didn't the idiot claim they kept them when it was time for the tooth fairy to arrive? They were claiming that she stayed with someone by the name of "Nan". Like anyone believes that BS. ITA with you regarding the Lord showing no mercy to those that harm children. Maybe they will make it to prison where they show no mercy either for those that harm children. That would be a great ending to such a horrific story!
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96602 Sep 30, 2013
Sadly, I dunno if they will pay for the death of Hailey Dunn cuz IMO the mother wasn't fighting for her justice, she was fighting for her live-in freak bf. It's sad, but you see where two or more ppl protect each other and stick together rather than seek justice for the innocent child no matter how bizarre their stories are, those are the ones that take the longest to get solved if ever. I mean common, Shawn is the last one to see Hailey and said she was staying at a friends house where she never had a sleepover before. This friend denied there was to be a sleepover. He wakes up and drives all the way to work the next morn. just to quit. He pretends to still have a job and never tells Billy what happened so she says.

IA, with you & Vic., poor lil Erica like Zarah lived in a home that really wasn't their home at all. They didn't get any love or nurturing. They were treated horribly and the worse part is they had nobody to turn to for help. It breaks my heart to imagine how sad they felt. Kyron's father seems like a very miserable person, I doubt he would even bother listening to Kyron if he tried to tell him on the rotten stepmother. Yep, ITA, I have to believe there is a special place in he-- for those evil monsters who harm an innocent child.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96603 Sep 30, 2013
lol, nurse Vic, keep up the good work.

Hope you're ok Annie. Did your son go back home?

So they found a whole bag of Erica's teeth in the shed? Why would they keep teeth in a shed and was it only Erica's teeth? Actually, my daughter has her tooth under her pillow right now, it's the 2nd one in a wk. Yes, I do have all the kids teeth, but they're all hidden throughout my closet and I certainly wouldn't bag them all up and put them in a shed. Those ppl know what happened to Erica and where she is.
Mon Cherie

Allentown, PA

#96604 Sep 30, 2013
Karma wrote:
Mon Cherie,
ITA, Ron could not nor did he want to deal with Haleigh's illness. We all know that would interfere with his personal life. He probably only wanted custody of her b/c he thought he would get child support from Crystal and to keep from paying it himself. O and forgot to mention the refunds from the IRS for having minor children in the home. He was able to get more drug money that way. Sad to think when she went missing, he put on his crying hysterically facade, then when he thought the cameras stopped rolling was out smiling/laughing while selling drugs with the last person to see her alive. IMO it never bothered him Haleigh was "missing". Out getting new tats, running around wanting to rob a drug dealer, drugging it up and having a good time etc...
I agree Karma. Thinking back, I remember that emergency call with Ron on the other end, sobbing. Not that it sounded at all authentic or believable, but fake for sure.. I too believe that Ron didn't seem to be genuinely grieving over his missing daughter. I can't imagine what may have happened to that poor child. Some still think she may be alive, but it doesn't seem likely to me. Everything that I saw of Ron and Misty together on the news after Haleigh's supposed disappearance, told me they were hiding something and seemed relieved that investigators didn't have much to go on. It sickened me when they got married and Misty would say that it's what Haleigh would have wanted. Yeah sure. I wondered if little Haleigh was thinking that when she last looked into their eyes and took her last breath. Poor little girl. Too bad that no one will probably ever come forward about what they may know about Haleigh's demise. Perhaps only Ron and Misty know the real story and I doubt they'll ever say anything. They got away with it, but they'll probably always be suspected as being the cause of Haleigh's disappearance. It's so heartbreaking what happens to these innocent children and that there was no one to protect them.
Sami

Jacksonville, AR

#96605 Oct 1, 2013
GM All! Mon, yep, Ron actually hung up on the 911 operator and you can her Misty in the background saying she didn't even want to get on the phone. Who does this when a child is missing? To the contrary you would be begging for the 911 operator to hurry and get the PO here asap. They're disgusting.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96606 Oct 1, 2013
Vic wrote:
Eye,
Vic, Briefly, I'll try to get back to this while it's on my mind. There are many advantages to both buyer and seller, I will outline a few of the advantages and disadvantages. First, you need to google: "Kentucky Real Estate Law Land Contracts". I noted under this heading that KY has a legally binding drafted form (third listing down) that one can use to perform their own Land Contract, but I caution you, do NOT attempt this without an atty if you are not KY real estate law savvy, and even then I wouldn't risk it. Remember: ANY legally binding contract should ALWAYS be handled by an atty prior too and at execution.

Many pertinent laws governing Land Contracts are different in each state, some that they have not yet been published. Brokers have access to these from The FREC but may not have researched them. Up front I wish to point out that a Land Deed Contract is NOT a Deed for Contract; it is a Contract FOR Deed to be executed (or not) at some later date as stipulated in the Agreement for Land Contract.

Note: You do not EVER want to purchase or sell on Land Contract without an atty; to wit, to do a thorough title search and to make sure every I is dotted and every T is crossed; to handle the settlement closing and execution of all documents and transfers of money. This is not expensive, per'se, should be less than $500 total. You cannot leave any loopholes, you will be the loser. I wish to caution you that not every realtor is savvy in Land Contracts, so again; you MUST have an atty to protect your interests no matter what the realtor tells you.

Forget trying to purchase a foreclosure or short sale on Land Contract. To begin with, banks won't do it, neither will the realtor get involved; everybody just wants to cash out on these sales, besides if ones' credit ratio is good and they have a 20% down stroke, there is no reason they cannot purchase the property outright. cont'd...
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96607 Oct 1, 2013
cont'd... Here is one possibility of execution of a Land Contract: The property is listed with a realtor and advertised on MLS or other advertisements, "Possible Seller Financing". Contact the realtor and view the property. It is best to deal directly with the realtor who has the listing as the listing agent will go to bat for you more than a co-op agent from a different brokerage since the listing realtor has more to gain by selling the property himself. In such a case, the agent will work hard to bring both buyer and seller together in the negotiations so that he doesn't lose the double deal. Understand?

Don't tell him/her initially that you are considering a Land Contract. Just feel out the agent and see what he/she has to say regarding these "seller financing" conditions. Jot down notes. By keeping quite initially you may learn there is a sweet deal to be had. But know going in, when you look at a property that has been listed with a realtor; there is going to have to be a decent down payment, at least more than enough to cover the realtors' commission. Later, if you wish to view the property a second time, ask the realtor what the seller is anticipating in a cash up front down payment.

You can partly calculate this yourself by realizing that the realtor is going to get paid his commission whether anybody else walks out with any money or not, and it is NOT going to come out of the sellers' pocket. Calculate that at 7% of the total sales price and if it is less you will be lucky. But at this point you don't know what the seller might actually be anticipating so you need to ask the listing realtor,'what is the seller looking to gain by providing seller financing? cont'd...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Paris 1,481,965
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 13,133
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 19,319
In car accident ...left disabled 5 hr The Truth 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,959
loan shark (Dec '11) Thu Loan Offer 38
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Thu truth 7,994

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages