Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.
Comments
92,821 - 92,840 of 96,386 Comments Last updated 13 hrs ago
Sami

Howell, MI

#96393 Sep 20, 2013
Ugh, what a pain in the azz over something so small to begin with. Trust me I hear ya. Just like with our poor doggie. Why not just let me get my dog without the 100's in tics? It's all about $. My poor retired neighbor feels so bad about our dog and said she wishes she good get her out. I told her she couldn't. Her husband just passed last Oct. & she's having it hard enough. I swear those pos ppl better not even look my way when I take my daughter to the park & I will take her to the park soon. Ppl are evil 7 rotten. I could never do such a thing.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96394 Sep 20, 2013
Wow, my post just went poof & so did yours Annie.

Sadly my Aunt passed away. My brother & I are going to her service today. Sadly, my husband can't make it. She really was a wonderful woman and I'm glad I got to talk to her for over an hr. last Sat. She lives 2 hrs. away so I enjoyed our long conversations. She was my mothers sister and she will be missed.

Y'all have a great weekend & God Bless You!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96396 Sep 20, 2013
Okay dear Sami, but the offer is open and will remain so for a long while. I understand your feelings. I do. You should reconsider though, Sami, and let that church help you and your husband if you need it, or just if it would make it easier on you. THIS is what Jesus TOLD them to do, NOT to build a bigger building, a new gymnasium or take a trip to the Holy Land.

I have given heavily to a few churches in times past, now not so easily gouged by the many who are out to swindle Gods' people. I base my beliefs on what Jesus told us to do; and that is, to help the sick, the widow, the orphan, the poor, and to turn no one away. My two sons believe the same way too. I have never known either of them to turn anyone away, not even a drunk on the street, nor will I.(You know, some drunks need a drink else they will die of DT's without it). Jesus didn't tell us to ask them if they are lying, drunk or stoned, he told us to feed them, to turn no one away. If they squander it, that is between Him and them as I did what I was told to do and there I let the matter rest. NOW, if I know someone is fleecing or trying to scam me, that's a whole other subject, and good luck with that!

But my husband, not so much on the 'charity' end. I had to use all kinds of mannerisms just to pay for his daughters' wedding and many other times I thought it was in order for us to pick up the tab. He was tighter than a tick with everyone except for me or anything I wanted to do for the house (except that time I bought a bunch of paintings from a gallery, and that time I bought him a membership to a gymnastics club). He always wanted me to spend money on myself, saying I spend too much on others but never on myself. He tried to watch me like a hawk when it came to giving. A lotta good it did him, I did exactly as I pleased and kept my mouth shut when I had too, figuring I had to answer to GOD and not to him.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96397 Sep 20, 2013
Vic wrote:
Eye,
I've decided that to let my son find his next home and let him make his decisions for his family. I've done all I can as far as getting everything organized,so he can. I will be there to help with children but the rest, he's on his own. He's a hard worker a excellent father. I'm so proud of him but I cann't baby him anymore. Sami, Have a good weekend
I know what you're saying Vic. There's nothing y0u can do but help with the children and the dogs, since you DO love and care about them, and that right there is HUGE, not to mention the extra expense it places on you!

You can't know the many times I've had to let my youngest son dangle, and the fires I've had to put out; knowing exactly how it was all going to end, but there has only been so far and so long I could watch this in progress before I'd have to step in, take action and say,'okay, let's do this and that' and bring an end to his misery, pull him back up and get him going again. Nearly ALL of it has been due to the bad women he's brought into OUR lives. Not all, but a lot. My God, how different it would have all been if his dad had not died when he was only fifteen. You just don't even want to know.

My son too is a hard worker Vic, and a loving father to my precious G/D. But the messes he can make would overwhelm me if I let it. I just do what I have to do, always looking above, and keep moving forward. He is a professional photographer in Sarasota,(which I'VE PROBABLY SAID BEFORE), has a gaggle of groupie women and old arts matrons following him, does beautiful work and is fairly well known in the area, but does not have the foresight to manage his own life, not in the long haul.

I sometimes wonder if God has me here for him & Caroline, and to try to stay one step ahead of him until he gains some wisdom as I sure won't be able to do it from six feet under.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96399 Sep 20, 2013
Vic wrote:
Oh, Eye, it seems with our youngest they simply cannt't get a break. Son whole life revolved around his family and keeping family togerther. She moved out on their 10th ann. took off with boyfriend on a vacation Mother's Day week end, stopping by to tell son,kids what all she'd done,boat riding Day efore Father's Day,son gets served divorce papers. She went a got a cheapo lawyer, we were saving our money in order to get the best divorce lawyer around. After all this son refuses to harbo hate in his heart for her or anyone. He knows and has told her many times that she will be the one to answer for what she's done.
OMG Vic & Sami, I just saw what time it is and I haven't even started getting ready to go for my 2:00 o'clock treatment. OH SHYT. Will have to get back to you later.... xx00xx. BTW, feeling pretty good today!
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#96401 Sep 20, 2013
I'm not directly in law enforcement, but several of my close friends are talking about subjects like this, even with a child (usually a girl) of that age, if she was abducted chances are that:
A) it was someone they know
B) they were taken for sexual purposes
C) the child will likely be killed
D) it will be months/years until the body is found
E) statistically, the purple will never be caught

The exception to that last one is, if they become a repeat offender with more kids. Then they tend to start making mistakes and leaving forensic evidence. Either that or one of the victims will escape and talk, which is why they are killed in the first place to keep them silent.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96403 Sep 20, 2013
Sami wrote:
Ugh, what a pain in the azz over something so small to begin with. Trust me I hear ya. Just like with our poor doggie. Why not just let me get my dog without the 100's in tics? It's all about $. My poor retired neighbor feels so bad about our dog and said she wishes she good get her out. I told her she couldn't. Her husband just passed last Oct. & she's having it hard enough. I swear those pos ppl better not even look my way when I take my daughter to the park & I will take her to the park soon. Ppl are evil 7 rotten. I could never do such a thing.
Neither could I do such a thing, Sami. Not in my wildest dreams. I will admit however, that I did call the cops once over two dogs that were left tied up and barking all day long all week long, while both parents went off to work for the day, week after week.

I didn't know the neighbors but had already gone over to their house a couple of times and told them how their dogs were whining and barking all day, and this was during a time (years ago) when I had constant migraine headaches. Dogs barking and my head literally pounding. I truly thought I would lose my ever lovin' mind.

Finally, I just had to have some quiet rest and called 911. I mean, seriously, I could not take it another minute. The cops went over there, saw and heard the dogs, and tagged their door, then later came back that evening with the dog paddy wagon and rounded them up. I guess the neighbors decided to just let the dogs go? I have no idea. That was the last I saw or heard of the dogs. Or the neighbors. They moved shortly thereafter.

But this is an entirely different situation with your dog. She was only going four doors right behind your house to play with another little dog. YES, this man is an evil POS. You be careful walking your daughter to the park, this POS b'stard wouldn't hesitate to file some hoaxed up charges against you! Don't even look his way if you can help yourself.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96404 Sep 21, 2013
PDX Dave wrote:
I'm not directly in law enforcement, but several of my close friends are talking about subjects like this, even with a child (usually a girl) of that age, if she was abducted chances are that:
A) it was someone they know
B) they were taken for sexual purposes
C) the child will likely be killed
D) it will be months/years until the body is found
E) statistically, the purple will never be caught
The exception to that last one is, if they become a repeat offender with more kids. Then they tend to start making mistakes and leaving forensic evidence. Either that or one of the victims will escape and talk, which is why they are killed in the first place to keep them silent.
Nice to meet ya, PDX Dave, thank you for posting the itemized purported statistics but we already know these things; however, in just reading your post, it is obvious that you have not followed this case from its' beginning. While some of the items you mentioned above could have happened to Sweet Haleigh Cummings,(and did) we are left with a great mystery not only as to exactly why, by whom, and how she was disposed of; but an even greater mystery is WHY would the PCSO cover up the death of this child?

It would take a mountain of posts to clue you in that there WAS/IS evidence that a LE cover up starting from BEFORE the 911 call at 3:27 a.m. existed the morning Haleigh went missing and continuing until now. WHAT their involvement was/is, is another mystery. If THAT mystery were solved, all of the other answers would fall into place. Maybe one day I'll find the time to clue you in.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96405 Sep 21, 2013
GM Vic, Annie & All!

Thanks Vic & Annie!

Welcome PDX Dave, IA from what we see concerning child abductions what you listed does apply more often then not. However, in this case, I don't believe there are other victims or will be other victims. IMO I do believe she is deceased & I do believe it is someone Haleigh knew & I suspect the Cummings and some of the Croslins know exactly who was involved, what happened and where they put poor Haleigh. Yes. it has been yrs. since she's been missing & I do believe one day the truth will come out and she will be found. There was just to much commotion going on that ngt. involving both families and too many lies and coverups.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96406 Sep 21, 2013
Have you guys seen the latest on Missing Erica's adopted loser parents? They're trying to sell their home that isn't even their home to sell. It's in the fil's name and they put a for sale sign up. They claim they put in a new AC, carpet, cabinets, well, etc. Who gives a rats azz? I don't know if the fil put it in his name for them or was renting to them, but they can't sell it. They put it on Craigslist too. Annie, I know you're an agent so get this. They included the ac in their home sale, then turned around and put a seperate ad for the sale of the AC too. These ppl are desperate for $ losers. I guess they can't handle living without the free $ they were collecting on Erica whom they didn't even have. IMO this should just be another fraud charge against them for trying to sell property that is not theirs to sell.
Sami

Howell, MI

#96407 Sep 21, 2013
OT-UGH another case that sickens me is poor Cherish's. Don't know if you saw that, but imo, that pos mother should go to prison right along with the monster she handed her daughter over to. She can blame LE and say they didn't get there fast enough all they want, but it is she who allowed her 8 yr. old daughter to walk off with a complete stranger for the promise of a cheeseburger. It is she who put her three children in this strangers van and drove with him from the thrift shop to walmarts for the promise of a friggen $100 gift card for clothes, etc. It is she who even allowed this pedo to go into the fitting rm. with her 8 yr. old daughter. She also should be charged as an accomplice for handing her poor, innocent, daughter off to be molested and murdered. Our children trust us to love, protect and nurture them. We're the ones who they rely on to make wise decisions concerning their well being & safety. This pos mother can go straight to he--. I feel not one bit of sympathy for her.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96410 Sep 21, 2013
Vic wrote:
Pure evil struck my litte town yesterday. Early yesterday morning a couple that owned local pawn shop were murdered along with a customer. Couple's eleven year old witnessed his parents death and called 911. THe perp took one hundred dollars and is still on the run. Our community is stunned and heart broken. Couple were very involved with the Christian Youth Program and had just started their own youth program. What's this ole world coming too.
Oh damn, Vic! That sure is a tragic nightmare. What a very sad thing. Three people killed for a mere $100 bucks.(You mean to say on his way out the killer didn't even grab what he could from the display counters)? Usually these little small town pawn shops don't have a lot of assets in the first place and these are people just trying to make a living. Did you know them?

I hope the murderer is caught real soon so that no more people are robbed and murdered by him. My God, the poor little boy watching it all. I can't imagine, how could he ever EVER get over such horror as this? Does the little boy have other family to care for him? We just never know from one minute to the next what lies in store for any of us.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96411 Sep 21, 2013
Sami wrote:
Have you guys seen the latest on Missing Erica's adopted loser parents? They're trying to sell their home that isn't even their home to sell. It's in the fil's name and they put a for sale sign up. They claim they put in a new AC, carpet, cabinets, well, etc. Who gives a rats azz? I don't know if the fil put it in his name for them or was renting to them, but they can't sell it. They put it on Craigslist too. Annie, I know you're an agent so get this. They included the ac in their home sale, then turned around and put a seperate ad for the sale of the AC too. These ppl are desperate for $ losers. I guess they can't handle living without the free $ they were collecting on Erica whom they didn't even have. IMO this should just be another fraud charge against them for trying to sell property that is not theirs to sell.
I have been trying to get back here all day Sami; it was just one of those days when I went on shut-down. Couldn't do much but lie around and nap off and on. Kept trying all day to get my butt in gear but never did. I did dash off a post to you early this morning, telling you how sorry I was to hear about you losing your aunt, but four times it wouldn't go through so I gave up and called it a day.

I am SOO sorry Sami; I've lost aunts (and an uncle too) that I was very close too and I know how much this hurts. As time goes by, we realize it even more how much they meant to us. Cherished loved ones, and as we get older they become even more cherished; we remember and it's like a milestone passed in our lives the day we lost them, never to be recaptured.

You and family have my deepest sympathy, hon.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96413 Sep 21, 2013
Vic wrote:
Oh, Eye, it seems with our youngest they simply cannt't get a break. Son whole life revolved around his family and keeping family togerther. She moved out on their 10th ann. took off with boyfriend on a vacation Mother's Day week end, stopping by to tell son,kids what all she'd done,boat riding Day efore Father's Day,son gets served divorce papers. She went a got a cheapo lawyer, we were saving our money in order to get the best divorce lawyer around. After all this son refuses to harbo hate in his heart for her or anyone. He knows and has told her many times that she will be the one to answer for what she's done.
Oh boy, this floozie was a real piece a work! She actually left your son and the children on their 10th anniversary? Took off with b/f on a mother's day week-end sexcapade? Served your son with divorce the day before father's day? This cookie schemed all this; those three important dates could NOT have been just pure coincidental! She must have already had that b/f long before she cooked up the divorce and abandonment of the children. B'tch.

It is a good thing that your son has a kind heart, rather than on a rant to kill her, which my son would have been on; in fact, this is the main reason I moved over here to the west side; it was to get him AWAY from Caroline's mother to keep him from killing her, or from her and her drug buddies from killing HIM. It was a total nightmare in my life (and his) of several years, and no other way to remove the evil other than to GET AWAY FROM IT. Aha.. but I DID get the baby away from the b'tch LEGALLY so fast it left her head spinning.

Here's what my sisters' DIL did to her and her son: My sister adored Christie like her own, every day she talked to her, listened to her troubles, took Christie's side in blaming her son Greg for everything that was wrong in her life. They had three little girls. Christie was beautiful, gorgeous; Greg was handsome and a very hard worker. He kept telling my sister; mom, this is not all my fault like Christie has you believing. cont'd....
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96415 Sep 21, 2013
Greg had a BA degree but the best he could ever do was work his way up to manager of a large fast food restaurant, where he had been working 12 to 14 hrs a day, 7 days a week with hardly ever a day off, maybe a few hours here and there when he had no choice but to take care of some other matter; and even sometimes during his few hours of rest/sleep, having to go back to clean up crisis situations that would occur when he wasn't there.

Christie too was a hard worker and Greg made her his assistant manager, so the two of them are running this large fast food restaurant. Only, Christie never worked more than 8 hrs a day and a normal 40 hour work week so that she had time for the children. But they struggled financially. They had a rented house and Christie was a spotless housekeeper and kept the children well dressed and immaculate. My sister bragged about her big time! Christies' big complaint with Greg was that he never helped her? Well, pray tell, WHEN, FOR GOD'S SAKES? But of course, it all made sense to my dumbass sister; 'Greg, why don't you help Christie more' so now Christie has her MIL eating out of her hand, totally on her side and against Greg.

The day comes that Christie calls my sister and convinces her that if they had $8,500 and could consolidate and pay off all their bills and only have one monthly repayment, how much happier they would be as that would be the end of all their problems; which, by this time my sister was afraid Christie was going to divorce Greg and she dearly loved those three little girls. My sister fell for Christies' whining, only she didn't have $8,500. Between the two, they decided that my sister would take out a second mortgage (she offered) on her home and loan the money to Christie & Greg and that's what she did. No note, nothing. Just a promise to pay the monthly payment for the next five years to my sister on time so that it was never late. cont'd...
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96418 Sep 21, 2013
cont'd... Damn it. I had finished this but it disappeared into space. I just hate when that happens...

It was all agreed upon. Christie (who manages the money) will send the payment to my sister on time every month; my sister & her hubby take out the 2nd mortgage and hand the check over to Christie which she deposits. The next day Christie calls into work, saying she is sick. Greg didn't give it a 2nd thought, thinking she was resting, etc., but has to work way late because Christie is not there to help run the place.

Greg walks in the house very late and it is EMPTY! No Christie, no girls, almost everything is GONE! Christie had taken the $8,500 and LEFT GREG. He called my sister in the middle of the night, hysterical. All she could say was OMG. OMG. They rushed down to Gregs'(miles away)trying to comfort him, and even drove around with him for hours trying to find where Christie had moved too. Early in the morning they did.

She had moved into a house near her mother with her daughters' BOYFRIEND that had been hanging out at their house FOR MONTHS, that Greg thought was his 16 yr old daughter's boyfriend! There they sat holding hands on the front porch of a house that had been for rent.

Christie abandoned her job and got more than 2/3rds of Gregs' salary in child support and got the car my sister had just paid off. She even went back for Gregs' tools and whatever else she had left the first time. Neither one of them has ever made the first mortgage payment and my sister has had to pay them all. It nearly ruined her credit as she had to consolidate the two mortgages to one payment at a high interest rate and now has no equity in her home.

Christie bought all new furn with my sisters' money and sold the furn my sister had just (thought) SHE paid off for her, at a yard sale. She traded in Greg's car and got a new one. Greg has to pay on all the cc's she left him stuck with, is broke and lives in one room he rents. My sister gave him an old car she had and king sized bed for the girls when they come twice a month. Christie still shacks up with the 19 year old B/F!
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96420 Sep 21, 2013
Vic wrote:
Anne,
Did you get to therapy on time Fri? Goodness, I worried about it all day. How's your neausea? Take your meds on time. When's your next treatment? I know you and dr were in debate on how many days between treatments. Didn't Brian have some serious health issues while living with you? If so, how's he doing?
I've got some good news. My sweet sister has invited me and granbabes to go with her,mom, and her children on vacation. We've rented a cabin by Lake Cumberland that has its own private fishing pond. We're going during kids fall break and it is the peak time for seeing the trees in all their fall glory. We're going to Cumberland Forrest and see the waterfalls. I'm in process of planning our meals, lovely bread bowls,rich harvest soup, baked cushaw. I am so blessed and so thankful for these blessings.
Yes I did get to therapy on time Vic, only didn't get to take a shower. Sweet of you to worry, tho. It was my own fault for not paying attention to the time. The nausea hits me whenever I try to eat or drink anything. I take the nausea pills but they don't seem to do much, or maybe it would be worse if I didn't take them. Certain foods or drinks now have made me hate the taste of them.

I have two more weeks of treatments, Mon thru Fri. I had to go back to doing the treatments on Mons too, otherwise, the required number of days would not have added up to be able to end on Oct 4th. It is getting harder now. If only I could place a cold pack on my throat I know it would help with the swelling but the Oncologist says don't do this. I googled it and they all say, no ice packs after radiation but no one says why!

Yes, my son Brian has a heart condition. He has (what appears to be) a better cardiologist now and seems to be under better control with new medications. I would not be surprised tho Vic, if he does not live to be an old man. He has put too much stress on his heart and does not make any effort to control it himself. He is not making it so well with Amanda and frequently tells me that he's going to have to come back home. IMO, it's just a matter of time before this relationship blows up.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96421 Sep 21, 2013
Vic wrote:
Anne,
Did you get to therapy on time Fri? Goodness, I worried about it all day. How's your neausea? Take your meds on time. When's your next treatment? I know you and dr were in debate on how many days between treatments. Didn't Brian have some serious health issues while living with you? If so, how's he doing?
I've got some good news. My sweet sister has invited me and granbabes to go with her,mom, and her children on vacation. We've rented a cabin by Lake Cumberland that has its own private fishing pond. We're going during kids fall break and it is the peak time for seeing the trees in all their fall glory. We're going to Cumberland Forrest and see the waterfalls. I'm in process of planning our meals, lovely bread bowls,rich harvest soup, baked cushaw. I am so blessed and so thankful for these blessings.
I am SO happy for you Vic, that you will get to take this wonderful vacation with your sister and all the children. It will be breathtaking there this time of year!! Would you believe! My husband and I spent a night in a lodge at Lake Cumberland on our way to New Orleans for our Honeymoon! We just loved it there, it was so quiet, peaceful, serene and beautiful. We were there only one night and had a lovely breakfast the next morning. I would have loved to stay longer but we had reservations in New Orleans. I always wished we could go back but we never did.

You sound like an absolutely marvelous cook! Wow... the yummy things you are preparing! All that to take on your vacation. What awesome picnics you all will have. Yes, we all ARE blessed in so many ways, Vic. Awesome ways. God is good.
Vic

AOL

#96422 Sep 21, 2013
Eye,

My heart goes out to your sister and nephew. That's what some people do, they use the love you have for them against you. Mine tried to say things about son,not giving her money etc. but I knew better. SHe's not with the man she left family for. THey had gone to school together, he was the quarterback of football team and she was the over-weight girl that had a crush on him. Well, I guess she couldn't control him so now its a 21 year old momma's boy. Yeah, she waited until tax return check came in and poof she was gone. Son staying in marital home with children and with a darn good child custody lawyer, and her not really wanting to be tied down with kids has made it possible for son to have children and her pay child support. She went back to her maiden name, the day she moved. I'm sure as soon as divorce is finally she'll fade away, cann't be soon enough for me.
Vic

AOL

#96423 Sep 21, 2013
Eye,

It's going to be hard for our guys to find a good woman. My son's in his mid 30's with 2 children. Either the woman's going to be to young or with children of their own, ex-husband,baby-daddys.Oh, well, it's always going to be something and I'm just going to take it as it comes. Thanks so much for being here. I don't talk about it much to my family cause I don't want them worrying about me.
Words cann't express how thankful I am for you and Sami. Just being about to express my heartache has made it start healing. xoxoxoxoxo

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min harmonious 1,099,742
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 13 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 17,618
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 57 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 486,522
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 1 hr Dude 2,957
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr truth-facts 46,292
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 3 hr Princess Hey 9,044
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 17,047
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••