Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning. Full Story

Level 1

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#96160 Aug 21, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
Ponderings, I don't know the truth about any of the stories ref the Anderson Family/DiMaggio situation; only the few scant stories I've read. I Googled them last night and found there are many people posting under various headings who raise the same suspicious questions you and I are raising and not many at all who lean towards believing that Hannah is little miss innocent in all this.
Go to Google and read some of these posts; you'll be surprised. There are many posters there who don't believe her. I did learn that Hannah had taken many day trips with DiMaggio and that for him to pick her up for a trip would not have been unusual, which does not sound to me like she was 'scared' of him.
I also looked under Websleuths and it was there that everyone was oohing and awwing over the lucky to have been found and brought home safely, the lovely Hannah. None there had any questions concerning the possibility of her involvement. The best of all the blogs was Val Hall of The Hinkey Meter, but her site has been taken down. Val always researched her suspicions with mounds of solid evidence and got to the truth, but she has vanished.
The thing is, I'm not finding any links that leads to any updated news articles, just the initial statement declaring Hannah 100% an innocent victim, which was made by the local sheriff at the time she was found and DiMaggio was shot dead; which IMO was not necessary. One shot to a leg would have brought him down, then we'd know.
Good Morning!

I will try to comment on your posts one at a time... I also haven't been following this crime extremely close, probably why I don't have all my facts straight yet at this time. But I do catch the cable news, and watch and listen when this one comes up.

I did catch however that Hannah had not only answered all of his calls, and like you mentioned, she also had taken short trips with him. That contradicts what she said, or her family said that she had told them that he gave her 'the willies' or something to that effect. It appears to me that she told them this in order to throw them off as to what was really going on between the two of them.

I had never heard of "Val Hall" - but I Googled her name and mainly found out that her website domain is up for sale, so I guess she is done. I wish I had known about her, as there are a couple of cases where I would have loved to have read her input. Last year, it appears the last time anyone had heard from her she said her dad had died of Alzheimer's and her mother didn't take care of him properly, that she was mentally ill, etc. So, guess this gal has too many personal issues of her own to continue on with her "Hinkey Meter".

The way I understand it, the reason cops shot and killed DiMaggio is because he had weapons on him and threatened to shoot; whether or not he said he was also going to hill Hannah, that I have not heard. Nah... a shot in the leg would have just meant more tax money for citizens to keep him alive, and to buy him a crooked lawyer to get him off the hook.

Level 1

Location hidden

#96161 Aug 21, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
I understand what you're saying, about the anniversary of DiMaggios' father having committed suicide, and his friends' concern that he might use that date to kill himself. Okay, fine, but that would not have necessitated him killing Hannahs' mother and little brother, plus the dog; people he supposedly dearly loved, burning his house/garage down, and kidnapping Hannah with the eventual intention of killing her too.
DiMaggio already had many years of anniversaries to kill himself if that's what he was planning to do. You know, I really get sick of all these armchair pseudo psychologists always reading a deep and dark psychological reason into every little thing that happens, when maybe there wasn't one. The fact is, most people aren't as "deep" as others give them credit for being.
Yeah, I know; people go nuts and off the deep end and do very horrible and evil things, and maybe this is what DiMaggio did and without provocation; only, I'm not so sure there wasn't some other evil scheme here that involved Miss Hannah herself. As it looks right now, we aren't ever going to get a clue outta her OR her daddyO. It looks to me like they're just out there collecting donations when DiMaggio already left his $112K life ins policy beneficiary payable to Hannah's grandma!
DiMaggio was nuts. People who are mentally unstable are not easy to figure out - IF or why he had planned to die on the day he did, instead of other anniversaries, is anyone's guess. But, he may have been on a guilt trip this year, once he started seducing Hannah. He figured he was in deep legal 'doo-doo' and didn't want to face the consequences, IMO. Killing the family off and setting the house on fire proves he was demented. It also proves to me that Hannah's mother discovered he had been diddling with Hannah.

I also have grown weary of 'arm chair' psychiatrists. But it is good money for them, especially once cable TV was invented, and it is evidently a good money maker for the networks, too. I do understand trying to get to the bottom of what causes people to 'go off' in order to prevent it from happening again, but I am afraid most of it is not an easy fix. It is called EVIL in the world. How about that Australian young man, shot down in cold blood because those teenagers decided to do a 'thrill kill?' I have the TV on mute at the moment, but just five minutes ago on CNN they were trying to 'analyze' those creeps. When one so-called shrink said it was because teenagers brains are not fully developed and they can't reason like adults, I became disgusted. Guess what? I knew not to murder anyone as a young child... didn't you? Few parents are truly raising kids today. Not only have they been pooped out into the world by those who would have just as soon not had kids, they leave them to fend on their own. Usually no father figure in their lives, and even if there were, it wouldn't be a good thing because THEIR dads are no good either.

As far as Hannah is concerned, we probably haven't seen the last of her. Hard telling what she will be like in two or three years... of course, if she gets into trouble it will because of the 'trauma' she went through, according to the professionals. The real question however is, was she a criminal in the making BEFORE all of this happened?

NEWS ALERT!!! BREAKING NEWS!!(do I sound like Nancy Grace?..LOL!)

Just now on CNN, the DiMaggio's family (including his sister her now has his cat) wants a DNA sample from Hannah as they are suspicious that he was Hannah's and Ethan's father. But the Anderson family says "Tina", Hannah's mother, didn't know him until she was already pregnant with Hannah.(so, how about Ethan?). They claim that her dad (Anderson) gave his DNA sample to authorities when she went missing.

So... what does that tell you? Evidently Jimmy and Tina were more than just a little friendly for several years? You decide.

Level 1

Location hidden

#96162 Aug 21, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
On a final note? I'd really like to know more about James Lee DiMaggio but don't know where to find the info. Or is there any? Surely he had a family, a mother, relatives; perhaps a former wife, kids somewhere, friends, neighbors and former co-workers? Any number of these people would have known the real James Lee.
Surely at some point he had plans and aspirations. He was not just a deadbeat. He had an auto, had purchased a home and built a garage; all this took some planning and stability. But he was a lonely man who cherished and hung his affections onto the Andersons and their babies.
So he had a mediocre job, so do a lot of other people, but still manage to hold onto stability. Was his job something like a telephone solicitor? Whatever, I don't think he made a lot of money, but I DO see where the Andersons kept him drained! It's no wonder he couldn't keep up his mortgage payments; the Andersons were using him up, consuming his every waking moment, burning up his gasoline as fast as he could fill up his tank, hauling them on trips and HIM paying for everything; AND running everywhere else for them night and day; outright using him for their entertainment pleasures, AND their drudgery.
I'd almost guarantee you he bought nearly every bite of food they swallowed, and paid for every gallon of gasoline. God knows what else he gladly paid for them! NOW he's lost his home because of them, when all he ever did was love and 'do' for them. They took advantage of him and used him up, now he has nowhere to turn. See where I'm going with this? They drove him off the deep end.
As I just mentioned, it appears that DiMaggio had been shacking up with Tina Anderson for a very long time... that is why he was giving the family money. Looks like perhaps everyone was taking advantage of everybody....LOL! As far as his family is concerned, his sister is around - it was announced on yesterday's news that she just took his cat away from Hannah - the one that they had with them and were going to turn loose in the wild. Hmmmmmm....
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96163 Aug 21, 2013
Ponderings, Val Hall pulled out right in the middle of the lawsuit that was filed by Anne Bremner (sp?) on behalf of the family of Rebecca Zanhaeu (sp?) of the Coronoda Mansion murder, in Ca. Val believed that Rebeccas' death was murder, and had done vast research that would have proved it; also the possibility that Rebecca's wealthy b/f's six year old son was murdered and NOT by Rebecca. Rebecca was hanged naked off a balcony.

Atty Bremner was playing games and not making filings in a timely manner, also not responding to inquiries, and this upset Val very much. I know, she had some personal problems in her family life, but Val was brilliant, honest to a T, and the salt of the earth; her resources were undeniable and vast, sharper than any tack, she did not make wild and unsupported accusations and knew exactly what she was doing at all times.

From the tone of her posts, I could tell that she was thoroughly disgusted with the entire SO investigation and their declaring Rebeccas' death a homicide when it wasn't, and then with Bremner's lack of follow thru in her families' costly investigation. I would guarantee you this was the final breaking point for Val on top of her family crisis. She had REAMS of authentic info on every case she looked into, all lost and no archives left to find any of it. She deleted everything.

She gave no advance warning that she was shutting down The Hinkey Meter site, just one day it was gone and posted for sale, but there was nothing left to sell. I've never seen or heard of Val since that day. Such a tremendous loss.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96164 Aug 21, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
As I just mentioned, it appears that DiMaggio had been shacking up with Tina Anderson for a very long time... that is why he was giving the family money. Looks like perhaps everyone was taking advantage of everybody....LOL! As far as his family is concerned, his sister is around - it was announced on yesterday's news that she just took his cat away from Hannah - the one that they had with them and were going to turn loose in the wild. Hmmmmmm....
WOW Ponderings, you may have dug up more info than I knew existed. Maybe they WERE involved all those years! Nothing would surprise me, not even if daddyO knew and went along with the affair since James Lee was picking up the tab for everything they ALL did; PLUS running his butt off for them day and night. I tell ya right now; there's GOT to be a reason he was allowed such freedom of range with precious Hannah. And GOT to be a reason he continued to allow them to bleed him dry such that he couldn't even afford to keep up his house payments. Poor devil.

I think they totally drove him over the edge and caused him to lose all senses of rationale, until he finally popped his cork. But I'm not so sure HE is the one who killed the mother, brother AND the dog; OR the one who set his house on fire. How could we be sure since he's dead and was never given the opportunity to talk? THAT's why I say they should have only shot him in the leg. 250 men against one who only had ONE weapon? No fair.

Interesting that his sister has now confiscated his cat away from miss Hannah. he he.... It will be interesting to see what any DNA tests results prove.... if anything.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96165 Aug 21, 2013
Ponderings; I made an error in my post #96163 when I stated that the SO investigation had declared Rebeccas' hanging death a homicide. I meant to say they had declared her death a SUICIDE, when it wasn't; it was clearly and obviously a HOMICIDE..

So there's another one. We can NEVER trust any SO investigation, or any other investigators to always come forth with the truth concerning ANY suspicious death, or that they will honor the law in truthful prosecutions even when they could without implicating themselves; such as in the Haleigh Cummings investigation, who CLEARLY hid evidence to protect Ronald Cummings and his mama.

There again, are more reasons I say we should not take the word blindly of any of those popos and investigators who were at the scene of Hannas' rescue or DiMaggios' insane shooting massacre.

Level 1

Location hidden

#96166 Aug 21, 2013
~O.T.~

I realize these discussions should be on a different forum, and after today I am going to take a back seat for awhile concerning this Anderson crime.

At this point in time, I do believe that DiMaggio was responsible for the deaths and burning of his home. I also have no sympathy for him, other than he inherited an unstable psyche from both his parents.

What is interesting, is that both Hannah and Hailey Dunn were cheerleaders. I also think that both had been very likely sexually abused for several years;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/chri...

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#96167 Aug 21, 2013
Family still in prison?
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96168 Aug 22, 2013
zazz wrote:
Family still in prison?
By 'family', who do you mean Zazz? If you mean Cummings, two of the Cummings family are in prison on drug charges, Ron & his trashy niece Hope. If you mean Croslins, Tommy & Misty are still in prison on the same drug related charges. Donna what's-her-face is also in prison on these same drug charges but is not related to either the Cummings or the Croslins. This dummy just happened to get caught up in the drug trade while playing as Mistys' counseling friend. Idiot.

If memory serves me, none of them got less than fifteen years, with Misty getting twenty-five years. Regardless, I expect crafty dope peddling child-murderer and rapist teflon Ron and his 'higher-up' LE connections will find a way out for him long before his sentence is up. We haven't heard the last of him.

Loud-mouth, Mistys' Granny Hollars from Tenn passed on (RIP) from a stroke a while back (my favorite of the bunch); Annette Sykes is reportedly not well, likely caused by her tormenting conscience + all that cellulite she hauls around 24/7/365; meanwhile she's lost two of her kids, Hope's mother and a son named Donald. Mama Teresa (she'll be next?) is still claiming to be searching for Haleigh while Daddy Rooster and his motorcycle gang continues to bring up the rear. No news about Butter Bean & his mama and her preacher mama. Everybodys' been silenced, in prison and outside prison, by order of Sheriff Hardy and his shadow crew buddies.
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96169 Aug 22, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
~O.T.~
I realize these discussions should be on a different forum, and after today I am going to take a back seat for awhile concerning this Anderson crime.
At this point in time, I do believe that DiMaggio was responsible for the deaths and burning of his home. I also have no sympathy for him, other than he inherited an unstable psyche from both his parents.
What is interesting, is that both Hannah and Hailey Dunn were cheerleaders. I also think that both had been very likely sexually abused for several years;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/20/chri...
Ponderings; we really can't say much about the Anderson/DiMaggio case because we don't know much about it. Only the scant info and other posts we've read.

I'm not jumping to conclusions, but I will say that I don't trust Hannah anymore than DiMaggio, maybe less. We don't know what went on there, by either one of them. We don't know that DiMaggio is the one who killed Hannahs' mother, her brother and the dog; OR burned down the house. So far I haven't read about any specific evidence that PROVES he is the one who did it. I DO know that there were four hours MISSING from the time they both shut off their cell phones at approx 4:00 p.m. and the house fire was reported underway at 8:00 P.m.

I don't think we will ever know the truth. Also, I don't believe that any LE who were involved in taking DiMaggio down and rescuing Hannah will ever admit that they made any mistakes, IF they did. IF Hannah was involved (and I strongly suspect she was, somehow, someway, if in no other way was/is knowledgeable), then she has gotten away with it.

As to her being sexually abused? Maybe, maybe not. She is a cold and calculating smartass and likely a liar and a user. I will say that it certainly appears that she took off with DiMaggio willfully that day, just as she had done numerous times in the past. As to both she and Hailey Dunn being cheerleaders, to me that is just a mere coincidence and nothing more.
Vic

Harrodsburg, KY

#96170 Aug 22, 2013
Hey Guys,

I Agree with everyone's assessment of the Anderson case. When does a teenager want to go with a middle age man anywhere and what parent would allow it? She seemed way too controlled in her on air interview. Makes one wonder who was controlling whom. JMO
EyeOfTheNewt

Cape Coral, FL

#96171 Aug 22, 2013
Vic wrote:
Hey Guys,
I Agree with everyone's assessment of the Anderson case. When does a teenager want to go with a middle age man anywhere and what parent would allow it? She seemed way too controlled in her on air interview. Makes one wonder who was controlling whom. JMO
I couldn't agree more, Vic. This gal is one tough cookie. To be realistic here; out of four, she's the only one left alive. The little boy can't talk, he's dead. Mama can't talk, she's dead too. James Lee, possibly the fall-guy; well, we know what happened to him, don't we? Dead. The dog? Thrown in for good measure. That leaves only the beaming, smiling, swaggering Hannah who seems to be thoroughly enjoying herself since day one. You said it! Who was controlling whom? I'd lay money on it; ain't NOBODY gonna control this little smartass hot number.

I'll let you in on a little secret: Men who are cat lovers are 90% known to be very gentle, caring and compassionate people. Do the research. Not saying they NEVER go off the deep end, since some do, but it is more unusual than not. Aside from that, he still wouldn't be my first suspect, she is!

“JUSTICE DENIED, AGAIN!!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#96172 Aug 22, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
<quoted text>
By 'family', who do you mean Zazz? If you mean Cummings, two of the Cummings family are in prison on drug charges, Ron & his trashy niece Hope. If you mean Croslins, Tommy & Misty are still in prison on the same drug related charges. Donna what's-her-face is also in prison on these same drug charges but is not related to either the Cummings or the Croslins. This dummy just happened to get caught up in the drug trade while playing as Mistys' counseling friend. Idiot.
If memory serves me, none of them got less than fifteen years, with Misty getting twenty-five years. Regardless, I expect crafty dope peddling child-murderer and rapist teflon Ron and his 'higher-up' LE connections will find a way out for him long before his sentence is up. We haven't heard the last of him.
Loud-mouth, Mistys' Granny Hollars from Tenn passed on (RIP) from a stroke a while back (my favorite of the bunch); Annette Sykes is reportedly not well, likely caused by her tormenting conscience + all that cellulite she hauls around 24/7/365; meanwhile she's lost two of her kids, Hope's mother and a son named Donald. Mama Teresa (she'll be next?) is still claiming to be searching for Haleigh while Daddy Rooster and his motorcycle gang continues to bring up the rear. No news about Butter Bean & his mama and her preacher mama. Everybodys' been silenced, in prison and outside prison, by order of Sheriff Hardy and his shadow crew buddies.
Thank you so much for taking the time to bring me up to date.

What a sorry family, so much evil it's hard to comprehend.

I hope to see murder charges one day.
WORMY GEORGIA PEACH

Rochelle, GA

#96173 Aug 22, 2013
This is an eye opening blog about Hannah and her online antics before her kidnapping.

http://newsball.com/reward-for-capture-of-jam...
Chester

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#96174 Aug 22, 2013
Stay in your own forums, non-Floridian dummies. You don't know how to use the interwebs.
WORMY GEORGIA PEACH

Rochelle, GA

#96175 Aug 22, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt

Bonita Springs, FL

#96177 Aug 23, 2013
WORMY GEORGIA PEACH wrote:
This is an eye opening blog about Hannah and her online antics before her kidnapping.
http://newsball.com/reward-for-capture-of-jam...
Thanks, Ga Peach, for posting the links. Very interesting. I viewed a lot of the articles and video tapes and read Hannah's Utube posts; also the video of DiMaggios' closest friend, himself a well known psychiatrist who knew James Lee to be a very gentle, giving and caring man for many years, just as I suspected; as well, an interview with DiMaggios' ex-wife who also portrayed him as deeply loving and caring about the Anderson family. I'm sure she knows more about the intricacies of their tight-knit relationships, however.

Also, I found the video of the interview with Dr. Keith Ablow who gave a very frank opinion of Hannahs' lack of grief and pointedly believes there is way more to this story. He was, of course, assuming that DiMaggio is the one who committed the murders and burned down the house. THAT is the thing I am not assuming. But again, I don't think we'll ever know the REAL truth as it concerns Hannahs' own involvement with DiMaggio (or her VERY possible involvement) in the deaths of her mother, brother & the dog, AND the burning down of the house.

You know; it's very possible that Hannah is the one who did it all and that James ran with her to protect her? I'm NOT saying this is what happened, only that this IS possible.
EyeOfTheNewt

Bonita Springs, FL

#96178 Aug 23, 2013
Six Figures wrote:
http://www.today.com/news/excl usive-hannah-anderson-speaks-o ut-reveals-new-details-kidnapp ing-6C10975683?GT1=43001
I didn't watch this. Perhaps someone else will want to. Maybe they watched that movie with Kim Basinger. The name eludes me at the moment. Maybe some coffee will jog my memory.
Thanks 6Figures; I had seen this interview earlier, also read it again. I noticed that it's all about HER with the exception of two or three small comments. Not sure I've seen the movie you mentioned.
King George

Seymour, IN

#96179 Aug 23, 2013
EyeOfTheNewt wrote:
K Geo, thank you for the updated info above. I've somewhat looked in on those two cases too and was aware of the arrests in both of them. I was wrong in Alannas' case; I would have bet money that either the mother or one of the daddies in that house was involved in her death. I am not too familiar with the Bain case, or either have forgotten what little I knew about it.
In the shooting death of the West baby in Brunswick, Ga., the parents are also being treated as suspects in addition to the two young black men who have been apprehended (along with the mother and an aunt), b/c of the gun powder that was found on both of them, and also due to the mothers' grown daughter raising some suspicious questions about the life ins policy her mother had on the baby. This is the case where the mother had a yard sale immediately to get rid of baby's things. How pathetic.
I wish you would pick up on this 'Hannah Anderson vs James Lee DiMaggio' story. You are so good at sniffing out dirt and finding hidden links!
I wish I could, but, I don't have as much free time as I used to. Last year, three of my children blessed me with grand-babies. So, now, it seems, if I'm not at one job or the other, I have one or more of the babies. I still try to check in every day on a few cases, but, I don't have the time to really dig into them like I'd like to.
EyeOfTheNewt

Bonita Springs, FL

#96180 Aug 23, 2013
zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you so much for taking the time to bring me up to date.
What a sorry family, so much evil it's hard to comprehend.
I hope to see murder charges one day.
You're welcome! There is a lot more that could be said if one really wanted to scratch their head and continue reliving it, but I've come to see them all as a lost cause whose crimes against Haleigh will never be pursued or prosecuted, and this includes the crimes that were performed by and covered up by LE. It's in Gods' hands alone now, for the eventual just recompense for Haleigh and punishment of them all who participated in her death, and all who failed this angel child in her burial and any justice for her.

When you consider how every investigator was driven out of town with threats hanging over their head, and how all the stark evidence of Haleighs' murder was concealed and hidden by local PCLE, and how all the media turned a blind eye and went along with the numerous lies and avoided pursuing blatant evidence; or not even one prolific writer/investigator has taken it upon themselves to get to the truth of Haleighs' death and those involved; my projection is that it will never happen in this lifetime.

Good to see ya, Zazz! Haven't seen you in quite a long while...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,124,443
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 16 min Rambler 488,806
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 44 min grave digger 47,473
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr Lexus1985 11,950
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 1 hr Lexus1985 9,099
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Lexus1985 17,161
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 1 hr PRINCESS HAYSTACKS 4,179
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 2 hr Maryslamb_ 17,666
Orlando Dating
Find my Match

Orlando Jobs

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando