Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likel...

Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say

There are 98315 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2009, titled Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abducted, police say. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

"They're doing as well as can be expected," Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Ponderings

Saint Paul, MN

#3548 Feb 21, 2009
Beth wrote:
Okay, now that I have watched Geraldo. Haliegh was back handed by Ronald so hard she fell. Her nose was broken. I wonder about her jaw.
If you look at the picture of Haliegh wearing the purple shirt, her jaw is not aligned. Her teeth were are not aligned. Looks to be a healed broken jaw. jmho
This is TOO sad.
Hey, you are right! I have noticed before that her smile is very crooked, jaw swinging to the right. At the time, I just assumed this was because of a genetic condition called a 'cross bite'; my step-daughter and own daughter inherited that from my husband's family, but they still didn't look quite that bad before orthodontics. Good observation!

Since: Feb 09

Nashport, OH

#3549 Feb 21, 2009
now the familys are back and forth about if Ron took her to the ER after the injury. Mom side saying he didn't take her for 12 days and then GR broke back in to say Rons rebuttle says he took her right away..hey how about somebody just check the hosp. records

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3550 Feb 21, 2009
Beth wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I know, I know. I say Cummings belongs in a cage. I freaken mean it! There was an unsolved hit and run in that area. Fatal. What do the cops do down there in that area? Do they actually arrest people?
I missed the sister..saw the fishing hat. I didn't see a cop ANYWHERE. Geraldo was not afraid, lol, the tough guy he is but I am sure his security guys were close.
I wonder what the balance is in Ronald Crummings Bank of America account is?
the show was a little reminiscent of 'Cheaters"

hobbit55

Since: Nov 08

United States

#3551 Feb 21, 2009
The cousins name is Joe Overstreet. According so someone on Geraldo, Misty claimed the one who abused her was Jeremy Miller.

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#3552 Feb 21, 2009
pugsrus wrote:
<quoted text>lol lol ok ppl. help me out..who has the nasty crimped weave w/ the green ****,right!??? your calling her sister (is that Rons sister??) but on this "poll" its saying Crystal Cummings. I have a Cosmetology License and have NEVER seen anything like that ..
Ron's sis
Beth

Las Vegas, NV

#3553 Feb 21, 2009
Joe Overstreet is the name of the Cousin in Tennesee.
skeptical

Chevy Chase, MD

#3554 Feb 21, 2009
white trash blogger wrote:
I just gotta know this...does the aunties hair still look as bad today as it did yesterday??????
OMG I thought that hair might squeal and leap off her head!!
Luv2

Dallas, TX

#3555 Feb 21, 2009
skeptical wrote:
http://www.cbs47.com/content/t opstories/story/Haleighs-Famil y-Investigated-for-Abuse/zoutG 7mWsUWPf-CQ6lPijA.cspx The child's mother admitted , they had been investigated for abuse,. The MOTHER went to a paenting class. The father has another 17 year old with another kid, this seems like a pattern, sheesh.
Good Lord--I'm going to rent "Deliverance" tomorrow just to see some normal, average folks. It will be a relief after seeing these backwood characters! That child, if not physically abused, should have still been removed due to his drug activity! I'd bet my last buck most of those trash hounds did drugs around her!!!!!
Beth

Las Vegas, NV

#3556 Feb 21, 2009
<quoted text>
the show was a little reminiscent of 'Cheaters"
I have never watched Cheaters. lol

Learned a lot from Geraldo tonight.

hobbit55

United States

#3557 Feb 21, 2009
Luv2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I caught that, too!! Hope LE sees this tape!
They'll see it alright. Geraldo probably hand delivered a copy lol.
Ponderings

Saint Paul, MN

#3558 Feb 21, 2009
<quoted text>
I heard that too. HE'S LYING. I was worried we were gonna see a little Hatfield/McCoy thing going on over at the family tent. Whew!
I posted earlier that 'like heck he doesn't have any enemies'....RIGHT! What was interesting tonight, is that he of course was in complete denial of backhanding Haleigh, using drugs, or being physically abusive to coke head Crystal when she was pregnant. According to her, he sure was ticked off when he found out she was p.g. Kind of interesting if Haleigh was his first child___of course, he was only 19 years old at the time I guess. He tried to contain himself but it appeared he was one hair shy of saying "whoever said that I will beat the sh*t out of them.....LOL! Crystal, her mother, and others who were on the show tonight testifying against Ron better watch their back; I'd be afraid he would come after me after this is all over.
Ponderings

Saint Paul, MN

#3559 Feb 21, 2009
kati 2 wrote:
Ron's a liar..says he doesn't do drugs.....he's got a rap sheet a few feet long!!!!!!!
About the gun incident........ is he now calling his mother a liar?.you know the one who wants to call police when her Bully Son gets too hot of questions asked.
What a sick bunch of people!!!!
Believe me..........they do NOT represent the people of northern Florida......
I have a question; where is Ron's bio father? Is he dead? If not, he is divorced from his mother because she has yet another last name. Wondering what kind of character he is/was.
Beth

Las Vegas, NV

#3560 Feb 21, 2009
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you are right! I have noticed before that her smile is very crooked, jaw swinging to the right. At the time, I just assumed this was because of a genetic condition called a 'cross bite'; my step-daughter and own daughter inherited that from my husband's family, but they still didn't look quite that bad before orthodontics. Good observation!
It looks like she would need jaw surgery to correct it. She will need that surgery otherwise she will lose her teeth later in life because of the uneven bite. I believe Cummings broke her jaw, since he is the violent one in the crowd, and it went unattended and or unnoticed. That poor baby.
Ponderings

Saint Paul, MN

#3561 Feb 21, 2009
sandi in georgia wrote:
in my opinion i would have to put the drugs down if i knew my kids were in a violent situation and the way the mother refers to them as brats on her myspace makes you wonder
Crystal is not as angelic as she came across tonight on TV. At least (she said) she quit doing coke (and I don't mean cola) once she was pregnant; of course, she wanted Ron to stop doing it too because it was tempting to her. With all the scary pregnancy exposure of hard telling what when Haleigh was a fetus,plus probable physical abuse after she was born, it is a wonder more things weren't wrong with her IMO. Notice that Crystal said she just 'had to get away from Ron because she was afraid for herself', but she let him have her two children. Oh, that makes sense.
Beth

Las Vegas, NV

#3563 Feb 21, 2009
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question; where is Ron's bio father? Is he dead? If not, he is divorced from his mother because she has yet another last name. Wondering what kind of character he is/was.
Prison, probably. Who would hang around with her mouth, anyway. She has one.
skeptical

Chevy Chase, MD

#3564 Feb 21, 2009
COPLVR wrote:
<quoted text>
She was a liar then......
What about "Tom" on Misty's myspace page? The sad thing is for all the sex offenmdera and child abusers that they have listed, how many have they never caught. In Maryland if you are CHARGED with a violent crime, they get your DNA profile and enter it into codis.
jude from NH

Merrimack, NH

#3565 Feb 21, 2009
I did notice that Sissy wasn't pokin' her ugly **** weave all over the place tonight. Daddy took up the slack though with that fishin' hat of his. Gawl dang what a bunch of losers! I'm not just sayin' that...I freaken mean it. I'm serious as white on rice.
You are funny - good ole Daddy stikin' up for his ner'do well, doper son/ smashin' women and children around. That poor little girl - I am so angry. Just imagine the terror in that trailer with low life's dropping in/ them fightin' over who gets the last hit etc. Children of that age are so innocent, so precious, God I would take her in a minute. Have you all noticed her eyes? A baby that age should not have FEAR in her eyes. I would like to take a club and smash that phony BAD RONALD across the head. Let's be agreed in prayer (like we did for Caylee) that "all things done in the darkness will be brought into the light/ we bind all lying and deceiving spirits and loose the Lord's wisdom on all those fine detectives - FBI - special investigators/ and thank the Lord for revealing to them where little Haleigh is/ We reign total confusion and chaos on Ronald - Misty and all others who are lying. God will find them out --watch. The Lord answered our prayers in finding Caylee - He won't fail us now. One thing you don't want to do is harm one of the Lord's little ones ---He has a special love for the innocence of childhood.
81 hard

Adelaide, Australia

#3566 Feb 21, 2009
Mackie wrote:
This is the kind of case that money should be donated for....so that search teams can look. I pray to God that they can find her safe the poor little thing.. As a parent, this is my WORST fear. We all know to keep our children close at stores, parks etc..but this child was in bed!?!?! Safe in bed with other people in the bed!
so you think people should be payed to go help find a missing kid, they should b doin it for free...dont ya think

United States

#3567 Feb 21, 2009
Is there anywhere online to view the Geraldo from tonight? Thanks

hobbit55

United States

#3568 Feb 21, 2009
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
Crystal is not as angelic as she came across tonight on TV. At least (she said) she quit doing coke (and I don't mean cola) once she was pregnant; of course, she wanted Ron to stop doing it too because it was tempting to her. With all the scary pregnancy exposure of hard telling what when Haleigh was a fetus,plus probable physical abuse after she was born, it is a wonder more things weren't wrong with her IMO. Notice that Crystal said she just 'had to get away from Ron because she was afraid for herself', but she let him have her two children. Oh, that makes sense.
She didn't let him have the two children. The court gave Ron custody because of Crystals drug problem. She may have quit while she was pregnant, which is only an assumption that she even made it that long.

She took the kids from him at one point and he took her to court and won them back. Crystal is no angel. Neither of them have any business having kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Grey Ghost 1,482,308
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 4 hr Tn Guy 13,138
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr Tn Guy 19,324
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Lovey794 62,964
In car accident ...left disabled 17 hr The Truth 4
loan shark (Dec '11) Thu Loan Offer 38
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Thu truth 7,994

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages