Orlando Magic make history in first NBA Finals win

Couldn't blame them if they spilled confetti on the floor a little too early. After all, the Orlando Magic waited all of their 20 years for their first NBA Finals victory. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Steve

Orlando, FL

#1 Jun 9, 2009
Okay.
Magic Fan Mark

Clermont, FL

#2 Jun 9, 2009
Great win Orlando Magic!!!!!!!!!!

Now just grind out 3 more wins and win that championship. It's going to happen!!
Jeff

Orlando, FL

#3 Jun 9, 2009
BOO YAH!!!

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!

WHAT A GAME!!!!

SO GLAD I WENT!!

FIRST FINALS WIN IN FRANCHISE HISTORY!!

now the tough task of actually winning the series. Hopefully the celebration by our players is short and they get focused for Thursdays game but I will always remember this one. Great game Magic. Thanks for winning one for the home crowd!!
The Man

Clermont, FL

#4 Jun 9, 2009
YESSIR!

I was at the game. The atmosphere was great.

Let's get this next one!

GO MAGIC!
Steve

Orlando, FL

#5 Jun 9, 2009
I went also, got to sit by Jack Nicholsin, worse than a woman..he never shuts up.
DaTruthSetUFree

Stevenson Ranch, CA

#6 Jun 9, 2009
Great game Orlando. Lewis and Turkoglu hit some tough contested shots, so you've got to give them credit. But it was Alston who was the key to the game. His penetration and shooting were the key to breaking the Lakers' defense. The point guard play will be the key to the rest of the series. If Alston plays well every game, Orlando could sweep their home games and put tremendous pressure on the Lakers to win a game 7. If Alston have an off game, Lakers can steal one in Orlando and win game 6 at home.
loveachild

El Paso, TX

#7 Jun 9, 2009
great win for the Magic club and its fans. it should have been 2 to 1 in favor of Orlando had the last second shot been made in game to before regulation time expired. I believe in the Magic. All of El Paso and New Mexico are pulling for the Magic!

Since: May 09

Winter Springs, FL

#8 Jun 9, 2009
Lakers fans you all can relax. I called for your team to win this series in 5 games and it is going to happen. No fear about a reverse jinx when it comes to my correct predictions. When I say something is going to happen then it always does. My track record speaks for itself here. My overall correct prediction percentage is hovering around 94 percent. So a championship for you guys is GUARANTEED. If I called it then it WILL happen. No worries here for you Lakers fans.
Magic Fan

Lakeland, FL

#9 Jun 9, 2009
What a game? Being a Magic Fan for 20 years, I never heard the arena sound like this. The crowd was amazing. Thank you Magic for a great win. We shoot the ball 62% and only won by 4 point. We need to play better defense next game. Woe, my ear still ringing.
Be ready Thursday night guys. Great win......
LAfan888

Newport Coast, CA

#10 Jun 9, 2009
Congratulations to the Magic in their well-deserved win tonight. They did a good job excuting down the stretch and shot the hell out of the ball earlier in the game. I can't remember a shooting display like that. They were making everything. Pretty crazy to watch. Bitter pill to swallow as a Laker fan considering we actually had a chance to win it, but in the end, we were outplayed. Thursday night should be another fun one.
orlandodolphin

Debary, FL

#11 Jun 9, 2009
ummm i thought it was Lakers in 4....speak up Laker fans!
orlandodolphin

Debary, FL

#12 Jun 9, 2009
LAfan888 wrote:
Congratulations to the Magic in their well-deserved win tonight. They did a good job excuting down the stretch and shot the hell out of the ball earlier in the game. I can't remember a shooting display like that. They were making everything. Pretty crazy to watch. Bitter pill to swallow as a Laker fan considering we actually had a chance to win it, but in the end, we were outplayed. Thursday night should be another fun one.
and think where you would be if Lee's alley oop went in game 2...look out!
LAfan888

Newport Coast, CA

#13 Jun 9, 2009
Anyone who honestly thought there would be a sweep in this series is deluded. If Orlando had home court advantage and we won the first two games then maybe there might be a slight chance, but I for one never expected a sweep. I don't really care how many games it takes to win, but I kinda figured it would come down to a 7th game.
Mike

Daytona Beach, FL

#14 Jun 9, 2009
Lakers fans you all can relax. I called for your team to win this series in 5 games and it is going to happen. No fear about a reverse jinx when it comes to my correct predictions."

LOL - now THAT IS funny.
Jonathan

Oceanside, CA

#16 Jun 10, 2009
CharlesB222 wrote:
Lakers fans you all can relax. I called for your team to win this series in 5 games and it is going to happen. No fear about a reverse jinx when it comes to my correct predictions. When I say something is going to happen then it always does. My track record speaks for itself here. My overall correct prediction percentage is hovering around 94 percent. So a championship for you guys is GUARANTEED. If I called it then it WILL happen. No worries here for you Lakers fans.
You're a liar. you were singing "sweep a few days ago" You're worse than a ms. cleo prediction. Why are you even on a magic fan board anyway? You also called for cleveland to come back and win 3 in a row, and that boston would beat orlando in game 7.
Mike

Daytona Beach, FL

#17 Jun 10, 2009
5 players scored over 18 points tonight.

When we play that way, we are hard to beat because there isn't one person to key on.
george anderson jr

Palm Coast, FL

#18 Jun 10, 2009
CharlesB222 wrote:
ROTFL you are such a liar not more than 2 or 3 days ago you said the Lakers would sweep the Magic 4-0,now your backpedaling,you sir have 0 credibility lol nice try though but you are BUSTED.
Bill

Englewood, CO

#19 Jun 10, 2009
LAKER FANS, Your all a bunch of Dumb A@@ A holes. You blow us out , squeak one out at home, and then lose in Orlando. But yet you the bet team in the nba. You might win this year but you are doomed to be in the shadow of this emerging NBA team. Shut the f up LA(america's fake a@@ city)
Orlando fan

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#20 Jun 10, 2009
Great win Magic...the big three delivered as always...all came down to the guard play...

Magic in 7...from Orlando fan in Malaysia
john

Deland, FL

#21 Jun 10, 2009
Magic shot extremely well in game 3. However, Magic only had a 9 pt lead because Lakers' bench did very well. Odom, like usual, did his part but Farmar, someone that's suppose to not score that well, scored 11 pts off the bench. Looking at the stats, I think could of loss this game also. Lucky for them, Lakers missed 10 free throws, with Kobe missing three or four himself, which is rare. If Lakers could of made two or three more free throws on those 10 misses, there could of been another OT game.

Anyway, Win is a win. Magic fans who bought tickets for game 5 can guarantee themself a game now that Magic won't get swept.

Also grats on making history. Magic made a record with the highest shooting percentage in the first half and for game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Patrick n Angela 1,110,593
Tips to finding a roofing contractor (May '09) 40 min Peter Simmons 7
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,683
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 1 hr Games Champ Riggies 9,069
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Games Champ Riggies 17,084
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 1 hr AN other 487,513
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr texas pete 11,944
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando