Delray Beach man killed in high-speed motorcycle crash

A Delray Beach man died after he lost control of a motorcycle that was going almost 100 mph on South Ocean Boulevard this morning, police said. Full Story
JayBee

Lake Worth, FL

#26 Jul 17, 2008
Poor palm trees.
PatG

Pompano Beach, FL

#27 Jul 17, 2008
They should leave his body on the palm tree and have school buses drive by to view this idiot as an example. Field trip!
MCC

Miami Beach, FL

#28 Jul 17, 2008
nopqm wrote:
Sounds like a very smart guy, riding a motorcyle without a helmet. Way to go, FloriDUH, for even allowing it. Where is concerned one when we do need him?? Motorcycles are death traps anyway and should be banned.
It's not the motorcycle that kills,it's the idiots that don't know how to ride them.Pepole get killed in cars, should we ban them too?mabee YOU
should think before you speak,idiot.
MCC

Miami Beach, FL

#29 Jul 17, 2008
nopqm wrote:
Sounds like a very smart guy, riding a motorcyle without a helmet. Way to go, FloriDUH, for even allowing it. Where is concerned one when we do need him?? Motorcycles are death traps anyway and should be banned.
Move back to NY fool
Mark_2100

United States

#30 Jul 17, 2008
kevin- boca raton wrote:
wont theses idiots ever learn wear a helmet
I have no sympathy for non helmet wearing motorcycist out there on our roads
I don't think I would want a helmet in a 100 mph crash...
sam

United States

#32 Jul 17, 2008
kevin- boca raton wrote:
100 MPH...you don't need a helmet.
gone

Indianapolis, IN

#34 Jul 17, 2008
MCC wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the motorcycle that kills,it's the idiots that don't know how to ride them.Pepole get killed in cars, should we ban them too?mabee YOU
Well....I thought before I am saying this: Maybe we need laws that protect us from people like this guy and laws that protect himself.
If you want to ride without helmet you should have an organ donor card in your pocket and also a $ 100.000 insurance card. Ever been to an ICU in the hospital? You know how much a day costs there? And when your whimsy $ 10.000 Florida insurance runs out, who is going to pick up the tab?
So...before you call other people Idiots, take a good look in the mirror!
coral springs

United States

#37 Jul 17, 2008
I hate to say it, but you live recklessly, you die recklessly....I am just glad no one else died because of this...I am only sorry for the pain his family will feel
nopqm

Pompano Beach, FL

#38 Jul 17, 2008
Gofukurselv wrote:
<quoted text>Your an idiot,they should ban you from posting on this forum !
\

Hey a-hole, it's you're, not your. You obviously are a high school dropout, LOOZA!
softail

United States

#39 Jul 17, 2008
kevin- boca raton wrote:
he was doing 100mph do you really think a helmet would of helped, if so you really are one friggin moron...
nopqm

Pompano Beach, FL

#40 Jul 17, 2008
MCC wrote:
<quoted text>
did your Mamma not teach you how to spell?? It's Maybe; not mabee!! Duh!! and people in cars are required to wear seat belt; helmets are optional. Ays-hole!
DKR

Chicago, IL

#41 Jul 17, 2008
PLEASE....Let this be a lesson to all those nuts who drive like maniacs on their motorcycles! We've all seen them weaving in and out of traffic and going 40-50 mph over the speed limit. While no one wants to hear about such a tragedy, you have to believe that motorcycle drivers who ride much too fast and who don't wear helmets must take responsibility for their own demise.
nopqm

Pompano Beach, FL

#42 Jul 17, 2008
gone wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....I thought before I am saying this: Maybe we need laws that protect us from people like this guy and laws that protect himself.
If you want to ride without helmet you should have an organ donor card in your pocket and also a $ 100.000 insurance card. Ever been to an ICU in the hospital? You know how much a day costs there? And when your whimsy $ 10.000 Florida insurance runs out, who is going to pick up the tab?
So...before you call other people Idiots, take a good look in the mirror!
Very well said! And true. These riders think they are above the fray. And of course the rest of us have to pay for their stupidity. No helmets, flying by way too fast, weaving in and out of cars. It's an accident waiting to happen.
Dude

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#43 Jul 17, 2008
I understand the logic of having to wear a seatbelt in an car (which is enclosed), yet I don't get why you don't have to wear a helmet on a motorcycle which is totally exposed to a variety of mishaps?

Seems kind of stupid and contradictory. Anyone?
DKR

Chicago, IL

#44 Jul 17, 2008
nopqm wrote:
I've often questioned the wisdom of state safety laws that require wearing a seat belt but allow motorcycle riders to go bare-headed. Where the he// is the logic in that?

PLEASE don't encourage C.O....we're just fine without him/her.
FarSide

Delray Beach, FL

#46 Jul 17, 2008
Final Score: Palm Tree 1 Human Slug 0
nopqm

Pompano Beach, FL

#47 Jul 17, 2008
I'll tell you why; there is a good chance that a helmet can prevent serious brain damage; not at speeds of 100 mph of course, but at a slower speed it can definitely help you. Ask an ER physician about it.
nopqm

Pompano Beach, FL

#48 Jul 17, 2008
Gofukurselv wrote:
<quoted text> And you're obviously a little punk bitch !
Careful, your one little brain cell is being used, putz!

“Share the Road.”

Since: Jul 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#49 Jul 17, 2008
nopqm wrote:
<quoted text>\
Hey a-hole, it's you're, not your. You obviously are a high school dropout, LOOZA!
I think that anyone who thinks they are the "grammar police" should just go back to playing their x-box and chill. People type as fast as their mind will think and sometimes they make mistakes. Deal with it or go be a teacher.
nopqm

Pompano Beach, FL

#50 Jul 17, 2008
DKR wrote:
<quoted text>
I've often questioned the wisdom of state safety laws that require wearing a seat belt but allow motorcycle riders to go bare-headed. Where the he// is the logic in that?
PLEASE don't encourage C.O....we're just fine without him/her.
You're right; I should not encourage C.O.~ LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Barack the Yellow 1,172,109
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min Mothra 50,211
Kaney removed from bench (Nov '07) 3 hr David Morgan 40
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 hr Princess Hal 491,203
last post wins! (Jul '11) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 5,344
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 9 hr Maggie McGee 70,750
Topless women weekend 10 hr tod 2
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:10 pm PST