Magic's Wilks out for season

Magic's Wilks out for season

There are 18 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 17, 2008, titled Magic's Wilks out for season. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Orlando Magic reserve point guard Mike Wilks is out for the season after sustaining a major injury to his right knee in the team's game Thursday against the Bobcats in Charlotte, N.C. Wilks, according to his ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

LatinJag

Port Charlotte, FL

#1 Oct 17, 2008
LOL! Calling Darrell Armstrong, calling Darrell Armstrong!
john anderson

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#2 Oct 17, 2008
since he was just an invitee and not on the roster yet this doesn't mean that much to the team. just sign a player from the cba to replace him.

Since: Oct 08

Orlando, FL

#3 Oct 17, 2008
Let the good times roll! Is Sean Livingston still available?
AAAARRRRGGHH

Port Orange, FL

#5 Oct 17, 2008
Oh no... what will we do now? Maybe we'll have to get a real point guard.
htownborn

Houston, TX

#6 Oct 17, 2008
iTek wrote:
Let the good times roll! Is Sean Livingston still available?
nope his with the heat
EZE

Natrona Heights, PA

#7 Oct 18, 2008
Who the heck is Mike Wilks? Never heard of him until now.
Cocoa Beach Fan

Ocoee, FL

#8 Oct 18, 2008
Injuries can make or break a season for a team. Let's hope we can stay healthy during the regular season!

Go Magic!
LMAO

AOL

#9 Oct 18, 2008
Injured mediocre players on a mediocre team makes little difference.
I'm just waiting for Dwight & Co. to get tired of all the whining and shouting from Ron Jeremy.

That will be when the fun begins!

:)
Baller

Lakeland, FL

#11 Oct 18, 2008
The magic will be fine, courtney gets a little more practice at the point. llmo, what an idiot.

Since: Jan 08

Fruitland Park, FL

#12 Oct 18, 2008
If the Magic are going to sign a replacement point guard, These are some free agents:

Damon Stoudamire Last team: San Antonio
Darrell Armstrong Last team: New Jersey
Lindsey Hunter Last team: Detroit
Jeff McInnis Last team: Charlotte
LatinJag

Port Charlotte, FL

#13 Oct 18, 2008
john anderson wrote:
since he was just an invitee and not on the roster yet this doesn't mean that much to the team. just sign a player from the cba to replace him.
I think he was signed to be the 3rd string PG so I assume his contract is guaranteed. Nice investment for a team that has no money to field a team under the salary cap.
AmpleMan

Kissimmee, FL

#14 Oct 18, 2008
Since the Magic have always had a knack for signing marquee players in their prime like Spud Webb, Mark Price, Dominique Wilkens, and Patrick Ewing, why not try to pull John Stockton out of retirement?

Surely Stockton can still dribble and lob up an alley-oop pass to Howard for ESPN highlights. Can't we get him to contract for a couple hundred thousand, and they lower the parking fees back down to a reasonable price?
Come on! Like Bubba Jo Biden say, "Spread the wealth!"
derek

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Oct 18, 2008
He wasn't guarranteed contract, that's why his situatuion is even worse. He is not on team anymore and Magic lose no money ffrom this situation (they get a 1mil more in a sense), they lost anotherbackup PG.
Magicfan09

Orlando, FL

#16 Oct 18, 2008
NORE77 wrote:
If the Magic are going to sign a replacement point guard, These are some free agents:
Damon Stoudamire Last team: San Antonio
Darrell Armstrong Last team: New Jersey
Lindsey Hunter Last team: Detroit
Jeff McInnis Last team: Charlotte
Hunter seems like a good pick up, after all he's played against the Magic a few times in the post-season with Detroit. He can play great defense still and get the job done.

However I have a feeling that Otis might play out and see how C Lee handles the spot. We drafted this guy and have high hopes for him, he won't develop unless we play him in the waters of the NBA.
Austin

Gainesville, FL

#17 Oct 18, 2008
So... now what?
Either we have to find a trade for another PG, or C-Lee better be ready to possibly getting minutes running the show.
MessiahObama

AOL

#18 Oct 18, 2008
I'm here to Save and Bless the Orlando Magic.
Come forward with me and my associates Ayers,Wright and Farrakahn. We will lead the Magic to the Promised Land.
I will also be blessed to tax all the players double and the Magic Corp as much as I can get out of them and then pass the wealth to the really needy people, like my wifes hidden Corporation or some homeless shelter or something. Trust me.
As far as another Guard, well I have a sweet jumper and if nothing goes right next month I'd be available to Save the Magic.
willie

Pompano Beach, FL

#19 Oct 18, 2008
bogans cook redick for darko and crittenton do it otis you get a big and a point and the contracts match
Reaper

El Paso, TX

#20 Oct 18, 2008
MessiahObama wrote:
I'm here to Save and Bless the Orlando Magic.
Come forward with me and my associates Ayers,Wright and Farrakahn. We will lead the Magic to the Promised Land.
I will also be blessed to tax all the players double and the Magic Corp as much as I can get out of them and then pass the wealth to the really needy people, like my wifes hidden Corporation or some homeless shelter or something. Trust me.
As far as another Guard, well I have a sweet jumper and if nothing goes right next month I'd be available to Save the Magic.
smells like that turd lmao.

lets keep politics outta sports there guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Grey Ghost 1,233,722
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min litesong 53,481
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 47 min BettyJ 71,864
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 17,850
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 12,577
News Body of missing teen boater found (May '09) 1 hr Redsox2015 46
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 1 hr LizW 18,147
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr HELL ON EARTH 498,121
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]