3 teens arrested after prank gets out...

3 teens arrested after prank gets out of control

There are 71 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 20, 2009, titled 3 teens arrested after prank gets out of control. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

They called it a prank. Authorities are calling it a felony. A group of Lake County teens is learning the hard way that actions have consequences.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Sgt Hulka

Penfield, NY

#28 Mar 20, 2009
Um, urinating in a car's vents and keying it -- that wasn't a prank, regardless of what the perps may have claimed. A prank is something that actually resembles something potentially funny but not ultimately destructive. Toilet paper, tape, egging, whatever...

I know a thing or two about pranks, and this sure wasn't one.

Well, now they get to man up and face the consequences of their decision-making.
pudbert_Savannah GA

United States

#29 Mar 20, 2009
This is what happens when parents don't make their kids aware of how much stuff costs,, and by buying everything FOR them.

Now they're FELONS, and more than likely will face their FIRST consequences of their spoiled lives.
Proud Liberal

Charlotte, NC

#30 Mar 20, 2009
It is refreshing to see some enlightened opinions and not all knee-jerk demands to "lock 'em up and throw away the key".
Mickey Kills

Tallahassee, FL

#31 Mar 20, 2009
Sounds like these pranksters might have trashed the girl's car because she's Hispanic.

I hope they have the book thrown at them.
Proud Liberal

Charlotte, NC

#32 Mar 20, 2009
Why did the Sentinel censor the work k n e e - jerk? Weird!
Stupid punks

Sorrento, FL

#33 Mar 20, 2009
LI_Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good idea BUT if it were my car, I wouldn't want to wait forever while it is being fixed by a bunch of amateurs. I'd want my car fixed by professionals.
But I do like the idea that these kids should be sentenced to some unpleasant labor.
That would be an easy problem to solve. While the car is in the shop being repaired, the punks would also have to pay for a rental car for the victim out of pocket. Any of the work not done properly would be done over until the shop manager sees its done correctly. If the punks have no money or have to work off the debt, their parent would be responsible for the rental car out of pocket or the punk go to jail for 6 months. Youd be surprised how good they can work with this kind of incentive. If nothing else they should be made to assist the professionals in the grunt work to repair the car. Sanding by hand and even with a DA sander on a car body is not fun. Ive done my share of it and let me tell you, its hard work in the hot sun.

Tallahassee, FL

#34 Mar 20, 2009
MY Opinion wrote:
Where did the car repair quotes come from her cuz who has a chop shop mang.
wwwwwwwhat? Was that an attempt at a bold racist comment as you hide behind a computer screen.....you're a Dumb ass.

Selden, NY

#35 Mar 20, 2009
Proud Liberal wrote:
Why did the Sentinel censor the work k n e e - jerk? Weird!
That IS weird.

It doesn't censor it if you write it as one word & no dash.
Enough Already

Washington, DC

#36 Mar 20, 2009
Exactly where they need to be. Will give them a chance to figure out if they want bright orange in their color chart long term.

Orlando, FL

#37 Mar 20, 2009
I bet those kids that they were real funny while they were destroying this girl's car! Not too funny now is it.....what a bunch of losers! It's certainly no wonder why the girl broke up with such a loser!!!!!
Money Rules

Baltimore, MD

#38 Mar 20, 2009
No money, hence they do destruction.
UCF Student

United States

#39 Mar 20, 2009
I'm glad those *ssholes were arrested! Kids are so disrespectful these days, especially when it comes to other people's property. I am a student and I see kids my age doing stupid sh*t all the time; at least this time some have to pay for it. I think they should have to buy the girl a new car and make some payment for emotional damage. Some kid side swiped my new car only 2 months after I had gotten it and just drove off! I can't imagine what their parents must be like because they obviously did a crappy job of raising them with morals.
just wondering

Metairie, LA

#40 Mar 20, 2009
i was just wondering why do you always blame the parents...teenagers do stupid things. i dont believe it is always their upbringing. parents do teach their kids right from wrong but kids do have minds of their own and go against what their parents have taught them.
Homey D Clown

Orlando, FL

#41 Mar 20, 2009
A prank is tp-ing the shrubs in front. This is a crime. And Homey don't play that!!
chennys got a gun

United States

#42 Mar 20, 2009
Rush This To Limbaugh wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? When they can just get special treatment and get a plushy job with dad at AIG and assign themselves large bonuses with the blessings of a republican President who is compassionate about deregulizing the fiancial industry. Oh, I forgot. The republicans are a marginalized party now with no leader, unless of course, you consider the Rush Limbaugh (now that's a laugh) your leader. Good luck.
The sad part is the few republicans that are left actually think they have a say in anything

Orlando, FL

#43 Mar 20, 2009
Whats the matter with kids todaaaaaaayyyyyy?
say what

Metairie, LA

#45 Mar 20, 2009
America First wrote:
This poor mexican girl has suffered enough. To come to America and face this abuse is enough to make her want to go back to Mexico. Woo hoo!
good one.lmao

Kissimmee, FL

#46 Mar 20, 2009
If that was a prank.... wow... what would they do if it was for spite... ok... I think kaining of these youth would go a long way to solve future pranks.

Kissimmee, FL

#47 Mar 20, 2009
time has come for kaining as a form of corporal punishment

Hayward, CA

#48 Mar 20, 2009
Even a blind person could tell that this was not a prank.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 5 min thankfulforme 505,344
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,313,521
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 39 min Clueless 72,933
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 55,576
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr Vic 97,624
Sreak N Shake 443 N Semoran, Offers Homosexual ... 15 hr WashingtonChilds 4
5000 post wins (Feb '13) 15 hr Princess Hey 4,765
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages