Meter reader receives $5,000 reward i...

Meter reader receives $5,000 reward in Anthony case

There are 416 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jan 16, 2009, titled Meter reader receives $5,000 reward in Anthony case. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

The Orange County meter reader who found Caylee Marie Anthony 's remains has received a $5,000 reward from a local lawyer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 21
Next Last
insects

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jan 16, 2009
the coalition for the ants will sue
time to follow

Mims, FL

#2 Jan 16, 2009
Poor little Casey, whaaaa I am a victom too. Nobody loves me.
Well get used to it. Lots of days ahead to have a pity party for yourself.
By the way Cindy, George, and Lee,your time is coming soon.
Tick Tock.
Jennifer

Boynton Beach, FL

#3 Jan 16, 2009
I think it's great that he got the reward he deserved it. If it wasn't for him these people would still be searching. Also thank got that "Cain" is no longer serving the Orange County Sheriff dept!! We don't need police officers that can't do there job accordingly.
rocky321

Christmas, FL

#4 Jan 16, 2009
if I had been so lucky to help find this little girl.......that would be my reward. Mr. Meter reader.....give the cash to equisearch. They help many others looking for lost ones....you will feel great. I would not take a dime, for having good luck...........unless it was not luck.

Since: Dec 08

Orlando, FL

#6 Jan 16, 2009
Has anyone delved into finding out if there is a past relationship between the "meter reader" and D. Casey yet?
Leon

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia

#7 Jan 16, 2009
Why restart the same article Amy L. Edwards?? aRe you Semi???
jenjen

United States

#9 Jan 16, 2009
George & Cindy collected much more w/the gift cards they solicited, the money they collected in George's travels, & licensing fees they were paid for photos & videos of Caylee. All that $$$, while not once getting off their duffs & searching for Caylee.

I don't have a problem w/Kronk getting $5000 from Nejame. Kudos to Nejame for now representing Tim Miller & helping Kronk out w/a little cash. The Anthonys are pure poison.
Justice for Caylee

Kansas City, MO

#10 Jan 16, 2009
Nancy Grace, last night, caller said something I've noticed too (but no energy to track back to those transcripts). I'm sure the FBI picked up too:

"Casey was talking to them about the nanny this and the nanny that and in her sentence, she said, "or however it happened," and so she was letting down her guard for just a moment and then she put it right back up and moved on."

"or however it happened"

On that new video, when Casey first sees Cindy & George, instead of asking "has anyone heard anything about my Caylee", she blasts in with comments about herself....but that's nothing new!
Level 1

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 16, 2009
What happened to the threads from last night?
No matter.
This has to be one of the most revealing videos yet.

Me me me me me me me.

"You don't understand my whole life has been taken from me."???!
"I need to be treated like a VICTIM in this. I'm as much of a victim as the rest of you."???!

Threatening to walk out and losing her temper when they try to get information where Cayle is???!

She proves what a self centered, lying, psychopath she really is in this tape.
It's really hard to watch. You just want to reach through the screeen and hurt her.
Level 1

Location hidden

#13 Jan 16, 2009
Justice for Caylee wrote:
Nancy Grace, last night, caller said something I've noticed too (but no energy to track back to those transcripts). I'm sure the FBI picked up too:
"Casey was talking to them about the nanny this and the nanny that and in her sentence, she said, "or however it happened," and so she was letting down her guard for just a moment and then she put it right back up and moved on."
"or however it happened"
On that new video, when Casey first sees Cindy & George, instead of asking "has anyone heard anything about my Caylee", she blasts in with comments about herself....but that's nothing new!
Good morning Justice for Caylee! I heard that last night and I remember her saying that on the tape. She tells so many lies on these "jail visit" tapes that it's hard to keep track of all of them.
Just like in the Scott Peterson case, Casey has given them so much evidence on VIDEO and AUDIO that besides the 31 days, the decomp, the body and all the rest of it her own words do her in.
IMO this tape is remarkable because of the dynamics between Casey and her family. We get to see Casey threatening a temper tantrum. How long do you think that's been going on?
It is so bizarre how they shrivel up and cow-tow to her.
Ugh.
D Jones

Bastrop, TX

#14 Jan 16, 2009
Casey sez:

"I'll try to help them in whatever way that I can, but if they come in here attacking me, they're not getting anything. I'm sorry."
If she wanted her daughter back so bad, one would think she would cooperate with LE no matter what. It's about supposed to be about Caylee, after all.
But not in Casey's world.
Albina

Toms River, NJ

#15 Jan 16, 2009
Good Morning All! In the beginning of the video she asks her dad why is Cindy crying already? Da! Caylee's missing! For a brief moment and I do mean brief moment I actually felt sorry for C&G...but it past quickly! I think C&G in the beginning wanted Casey to tell the truth that's why, IMO, in the video George tells Casey she's the boss and Bozo was in NY. Another words he's not here so talk to us. I tried to watch the whole video but I just want to smack Casey! The all about me stuff drives me nuts! I heard Casey was threatening to leave and C&G begged her to stay? Why don't they show that in the media?

I heard that statement from the caller last night also but I don't remember if the caller stated who Casey was talking to? Does anyone remember so I can look it up? TIA

God Bless Our Caylee...
visitor

United States

#16 Jan 16, 2009
You can see/hear from the videos that all that POS cares about is herself. Caylee is not being considered. What an awful animal she is. I vote no immunity for any of them because I think they or t least one of them will lay claim to the murder, then they can't be convicted and the POS walks.
Level 1

Location hidden

#17 Jan 16, 2009
Albina wrote:
Good Morning All! In the beginning of the video she asks her dad why is Cindy crying already? Da! Caylee's missing! For a brief moment and I do mean brief moment I actually felt sorry for C&G...but it past quickly! I think C&G in the beginning wanted Casey to tell the truth that's why, IMO, in the video George tells Casey she's the boss and Bozo was in NY. Another words he's not here so talk to us. I tried to watch the whole video but I just want to smack ACasey! The all about me stuff drives me nuts! I heard Casey was threatening to leave and C&G begged her to stay? Why don't they show that in the media?
I heard that statement from the caller last night also but I don't remember if the caller stated who Casey was talking to? Does anyone remember so I can look it up? TIA
God Bless Our Caylee...
Good morning Albina! That statement was made in the initial police interview at Universal when they took Casey to her "office" and she first took them on a wild goose chase around town and then led them right up to the door of her "office" before turning around and saying "OK. I don't work here." It would be comical if it wasn't for the horror of what has happened to Caylee.
My father would have told me if I didn't come clean he could no longer support me. PERIOD.
And here George is coddling this monster? I can see the disgust on my father's face and my mother (rest her soul) crying and walking away from me if they thought for one second I had murdered my child. Casey is a bad apple and she will continue to poison their lives as long as they allow it.
RandyOSU

AOL

#18 Jan 16, 2009
Talk about consciousness of guilt, it's absolutely incredible how Casey Anthony NEVER talks about, reminisces about, inquires about, nor shows nary a hint of concern over her supposed missing daughter.

Now, add the fact that Case A. refused to work with law enforcement, showed absolutely no sense of emotion in doing so, and references Caylee in subordinate fashion when referencing her own personal desires.

Disgusting, dispicable, EVIL.

Also.......is anyone else disgusted with legal heads (defense) like "Janey Weintraub" who appears daily on shows as an analyst always refuting the obvious? Mark Eischorn is another who comes to mind.......I understand their role and the process, but sheesh.......don't they have any personal morality in dealing with what they are saying?
Jeff

Hollywood, FL

#19 Jan 16, 2009
Do you suppose Deputy Cain thought investigating Kronk's report of discovering the remains cut into the time he normally devotes to coffee and donuts?

As for Casey's remark..."however it happened." What gall! It's like that wisecrack about "went a different route" when she claimed she went looking for the kid.(She didn't feel for Caylee, anyway. Remember, in phone messages, she allegedly called the tyke "the little snot head.")
Level 1

Location hidden

#20 Jan 16, 2009
visitor wrote:
You can see/hear from the videos that all that POS cares about is herself. Caylee is not being considered. What an awful animal she is. I vote no immunity for any of them because I think they or t least one of them will lay claim to the murder, then they can't be convicted and the POS walks.
Morning visitor. I always agree with your posts. It's like watching the movie "Rosemary's Baby" at the end when Mia Farrow realizes that she has spawned Satan's child, but she rocks the cradle anyway.
No immunity.
It's bad enough that they keep abusing themselves by attaching their alliances with Casey, but they have been abusing the entire nation with their lies. Enough.
Dawn H

Altamonte Springs, FL

#21 Jan 16, 2009
EXCUSE ME?!??! Casey states that HER entire life was taken from HER?!?! Uhm, hey B-I--T-C--H, what about the way you STOLE Caylee's life from her, HUH???? And then she has the AUDACITY to say that SHE needs to thought of and treated as a VICTIM?!??! Geeeeez she has some SERIOUS mental issues. Those two statements by her just burn me up, but what else have we come to expect from that lying piece of filth......
lpmickie

Fletcher, OH

#22 Jan 16, 2009
Albina wrote:
Good Morning All! In the beginning of the video she asks her dad why is Cindy crying already? Da! Caylee's missing! For a brief moment and I do mean brief moment I actually felt sorry for C&G...but it past quickly! I think C&G in the beginning wanted Casey to tell the truth that's why, IMO, in the video George tells Casey she's the boss and Bozo was in NY. Another words he's not here so talk to us. I tried to watch the whole video but I just want to smack Casey! The all about me stuff drives me nuts! I heard Casey was threatening to leave and C&G begged her to stay? Why don't they show that in the media?
God Bless Our Caylee...
I believe the caller said she was talking to LE.
She told so many lies that I am not surprised that a lot more of these slip-ups don't pop out. I don't believe Casey can remember what she has said from day to day. It's always easier to tell the truth than to remember a lie.
julie

Lake Helen, FL

#23 Jan 16, 2009
he deserves the reward and then some. he also deserves a PR person to coach him how not ot bash the people that ultimately protect him, like OCSO. the country loves you mr. kronk, lets keep it that way. here's anice article about him

http://caseagainstcasey.com/2009/01/14/roy-kr...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 21
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,418,754
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 2 hr zazz 98,166
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Curiouser And Cur... 61,038
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 6 hr Wiley_Kyote 73,689
last post wins! (Jul '11) Thu Milee 5,970
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... Thu Fa-Foxy 198
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Wed T-REX 513,464

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages