Seborrheic dermatitis is dandruff in the extreme

Jun 12, 2008 Full story: St. Augustine Record

DEAR DR. DONOHUE: My boyfriend is forever scratching his head. He has very oily hair and skin.

Full Story

Since: Apr 07

Hastings

#1 Sep 13, 2008
In infants this is commonly called cradle cap. Rub the scalp to gentle loosen the flakes but be careful not to damage the skin as this may cause an infection. Wash frequently with an anti dandruff shampoo. If the condition persists, speak to your doctor - he is the expert. Catching? Of course not.
http://www.fromtots2teens.com/cradlecap.html
erikka

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 May 16, 2011
Scalp psoriasis? and seborrhea dermatitis of the scalp can be difficult to tell apart. They share similar symptoms? as itchy, red, scaly skin. usually the scales of psoriasis are thicker and drier in appearance than the scales of seborrhea dermatitis.if you have scalp psoriasis, you might have mild psoriasis on your elbows, knees, hands or feet or may notice subtle nail changes. The american Institute of Advanced Medicine has your solution. www.theaiam.com

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#4 May 21, 2013
Seborrheic eczema can be found on the scalp, face, and even the torso, even though it is typically found on the scalp as red flaky, scaly, itchy skin similar to dandruff.

This can be caused by environmental, genetic, immune systemic, and hormonal factors.
In children, it can be because of too much Vitamin A in their body.

The best way to help with this would be proper hygiene(of course). You may also be recommended over-the-counter topical treatments like shampoos, creams, etc containing anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and oil suppressing ingredients.

For home rememdies, you could use cleansing herbal teas wich herbs such as burdock root and red clover to help with the moisture imbalance.

http://theeczemaspot.com/seborrheic-dermatiti...
RITA

Kyle, TX

#6 Jun 27, 2013
Just to say I had the same problems, got tip from Dr. Oz about NEEM shampoo, saved my life after all these years of misery.
Abhinav Singh

Delhi, India

#7 Jun 28, 2013
The best option to treat Seborrheic Dermatitis is using the [url=http://www.allinexporters .com/tea-tree-oil.html]Tea Tree Oil[/url]. This oil has amazing herbal property to cure even acute Seborrheic Dermatitis. It is safe to use for all skin types. My friend had used it and got amazing benefits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 6 min WAS sanka 490,187
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 20 min Anne 96,631
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 27 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,153,947
Women experience hair loss but not balding as such (Jan '08) 2 hr paigeford 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Earthling-1 49,187
Alligator Found in Tennessee Lake (Mar '07) 4 hr gaturs 92
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 6 hr Princess Hey 17,299
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 7 hr Mary NY 26,179
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:00AM