Judge's brother, a convicted murderer, is back in jail -- Theft...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The brothers sat across from each other in the jail's visitation room, a judge and a convicted killer separated by a glass partition and the law.
Comments
41 - 60 of 86 Comments Last updated May 25, 2014
politians OUr heros

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Judged:

Volusia County resident wrote:
<quoted text>
I am quite well informed, "dearie". Where do you get your "very high" and "very few" statistics from? I am also quite aware of some of the history behind the various narcotics and that there are a large number of people from all walks of life who use them some of whom can afford them much more so than others. The ones that cannot afford them many times resort to various types of theft to support their habit.
I have already stated my background as to some of the things that I have experienced, seen and dealt with. What is yours? You wouldn't happen to be one of those that I had to haul back and forth to court from jail would you? Unless you have better information to pass along, please keep your rude opinion to yourself, "dearie".
if someone telling you about objective reality is being rude, I am so sorry my dear for offending your sentitive and deluted ego. If you need my qualifications in order to make a statement, why don't you take the time to verify what i have said. Knowleged is public, i have not made anything up.
As far as education I assure i got more experience in that field that you do.
Again, if ignorance is bliss you must be in heaven.
Stupid PPL S U C K

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Judged:

MAGIC FAN wrote:
<quoted text>
It is so easy to be high and mighty when you have niether been addicted or known someone (which is worse) who has been addicted to drugs/alcohol. It is a lifelong disease with no cure. You have to fight it everyday.
Yet another addiction is a DISEASE excuse!

You are sad, I work in the Medical Field and I guess the disease is the Initial Stupidity of these people to begin with.

The Judge had and HAS a very poor range of view if he thinks you can rehab a convicted murderer / drug user. It simply does not happen that way, unless you wear rose colored glasses.

I feel for the Victims of this male and his family for allowing him to roam freely.
CRUSTY

Lake Mary, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

YOU CAN FOOL THE PEOPLE wrote:
The real question here is can he continue to be a judge, This episode has affected him in some way. He may not admit it but deep in his soul he has a predilection to rule one way or the other based on his experience. Nothing against him personally but he should resign.
Larry Semento may be the most uniquely qualified judge in the entire nation and exactly the one you would want whether guilty or innocent. His brother, like Mt. Everest was simply too big a challenge.
Family Supporter

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

sandegold wrote:
Glen Semento, 47, a paroled murderer now also accused of attacking and robbing two older men in Eustis......
""WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS WHY A CONVICTED MURDERER IS DOING OUT OF PRISON IN THE FIRST PLACE.""
Any time drugs are the cause of a crime,the person that commits said crime should spend the rest of his natural life either in prison or waiting for the lethal injection...
This moron's brother is a Judge,and he probably helped his brother get out of jail...he should have left his brother in jail...I,personally,have NEVER heard of a convicted murderer being released to do this crime or any other crime again...IMHO,this useless excuse for a human being,needs to fry this time...he had his chance,he blew it,now it's time to die...
I,personally,have NEVER heard of a convicted murderer being released to do this crime or any other crime again.- you must be kidding - you've never heard of someone being let out on parole only to kill, rape, rob etc.... again???
What planet do you live on - this happens all to frequently. There are some crimes for which life in prison w/out parole should be the only option.
not the same

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

It's possible that the Sentinel corrected the error - I have seen it happen before - you note an error and later in the day it is corrected - I would bet that W is correct
proof reader wrote:
Ted
Wichita, KS Reply
|Report Abuse |#15 2 hrs ago
"The brothers almost met every Friday for breakfast".....they either met almost every Friday or they didn't. Spell check is not a proof reader.
Open your eyes, Wichita....it stated that the brothers "ALSO" met every friday.....have another cup of joe before you slam the writing expertise of the Orlando Sentinel!
Volusia County resident

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

Mr Perfect wrote:
<quoted text>While I have seen some of the same things you have. You could not be more wrong when tring to connect Marijuana. The connection is not there. Only in an uninformed mind. These pills that the doctors hand out. I have 2 freinds that are medically perscribed 130 oxy's a month. Now that is just 2 people I know. How big is it really. One of these 2 smoke pot also. The one who smokes uses no more than the one who doesn't. There is just no connection to the two.
There are so many facets to the problems at hand with drug abuse whether they are problems with prescribed drugs or those gained "illegally" from the local supplier. My original comments are directed in particular towards those individuals who obtain and use illegal drugs,(pot, crack, meth, etc.) and not so much towards those obtained over the counter from a script. I can see your point in what you are stating regarding the oxy. However, having seen it first hand I have to disagree with your comment as it pertains to use of pot. The connection I was referring to refers to the use of pot and increasing towards other illegally obtained drugs. It may or may not pertain to use of Oxy or other such type drugs. I do not know of any recent or immediate studies or stats to support or deny a relationship between the two, pot and pills, although it seems like both have been around forever.
Volusia County resident

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2008

politians OUr heros wrote:
<quoted text>
if someone telling you about objective reality is being rude, I am so sorry my dear for offending your sentitive and deluted ego. If you need my qualifications in order to make a statement, why don't you take the time to verify what i have said. Knowleged is public, i have not made anything up.
As far as education I assure i got more experience in that field that you do.
Again, if ignorance is bliss you must be in heaven.
Your post(s) and content might almost be somewhat believable, especially regarding your "education" as it pertains to experience, if you knew how write better. Your use of capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, and ability to spell correctly are all seriously lacking. Your posts are fragmented and pieced together to try and make some sort of point. This in itself indicates a lack of intelligence and the inability to express yourself properly. Your credibility also takes a hit because of all of this. Go back and read again what you have posted. As to an ego, well, over the years I have been called just about everything you could think of by some of the most offending inmates imaginable as well as by some who were not inmates. In reality all it amounts to are words, or a string of words from an individual or individuals who are not able to properly express themself so they resort to vulgarities to try and compensate. These "expressions" are designed to try and elicit a specific response from the person who is targeted. From an objective standpoint, it means nothing. You have not stated where your experience comes from thereby denying you further credibility in your post(s). It would appear that your "experience" more than likely comes from the use of drugs clouding your ability to write clearly and objectively. By the way, "deluted" isn't even a real word. I believe you tried to say delusional. I did hear something this morning that I would have to say more than likely applies to you. "You just can't cure stupid."

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

flcookie wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Moron's, you need to look in the mirror. Rest my case..
Now explain to me why you think I am a moron for my opinion...seems to me that you gave no reason for calling me names...at least I gave an opinion when I posted...seems to me you just like calling people names just to waste time...putz...!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Family Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I,personally,have NEVER heard of a convicted murderer being released to do this crime or any other crime again.- you must be kidding - you've never heard of someone being let out on parole only to kill, rape, rob etc.... again???
What planet do you live on - this happens all to frequently. There are some crimes for which life in prison w/out parole should be the only option.

I repeat,NO,I haven't personally heard of a convicted murderer being let out...Being as YOU HAVE,please give me the names of the convicted murderers that you know of that have been let out of jail...only to murder again...Since you seem to know of some...I'm waiting...
politians OUr heros

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Judged:

Volusia County resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post(s) and content might almost be somewhat believable, especially regarding your "education" as it pertains to experience, if you knew how write better. Your use of capitalization, punctuation, sentence structure, and ability to spell correctly are all seriously lacking. Your posts are fragmented and pieced together to try and make some sort of point. This in itself indicates a lack of intelligence and the inability to express yourself properly. Your credibility also takes a hit because of all of this. Go back and read again what you have posted. As to an ego, well, over the years I have been called just about everything you could think of by some of the most offending inmates imaginable as well as by some who were not inmates. In reality all it amounts to are words, or a string of words from an individual or individuals who are not able to properly express themself so they resort to vulgarities to try and compensate. These "expressions" are designed to try and elicit a specific response from the person who is targeted. From an objective standpoint, it means nothing. You have not stated where your experience comes from thereby denying you further credibility in your post(s). It would appear that your "experience" more than likely comes from the use of drugs clouding your ability to write clearly and objectively. By the way, "deluted" isn't even a real word. I believe you tried to say delusional. I did hear something this morning that I would have to say more than likely applies to you. "You just can't cure stupid."
As the old saying goes:
when you poilnt one finger, three are pointing right back at you.
You are still incredibly ignorant in spite of your great effort to put down my writting abilities.
Again, I have more education than you do, and I graduated with honors.
Something that I know you have not. There is a big difference bewteew relaxed writing and professional writing. HOnestly your opinion on my writing ability is as insignificant as what you had for breakfast.
"As far as pills and pot being around forever" Well in a very small statement you once more prove your ignorance.
In fact everything you say comes from a very uninformed, ignorant mind. Whether you like it or not, there is such thing as objective reality, now go and read about it.
You might actually learn something,
thougth, I am afraid that monkeys are a bit slow on learning.
Go and take care of your inmates, I am sure it feeds your superiority complex.
later monkey.
Volusia County resident

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

politians OUr heros wrote:
<quoted text>
As the old saying goes:
when you poilnt one finger, three are pointing right back at you.
You are still incredibly ignorant in spite of your great effort to put down my writting abilities.
Again, I have more education than you do, and I graduated with honors.
Something that I know you have not. There is a big difference bewteew relaxed writing and professional writing. HOnestly your opinion on my writing ability is as insignificant as what you had for breakfast.
"As far as pills and pot being around forever" Well in a very small statement you once more prove your ignorance.
In fact everything you say comes from a very uninformed, ignorant mind. Whether you like it or not, there is such thing as objective reality, now go and read about it.
You might actually learn something,
thougth, I am afraid that monkeys are a bit slow on learning.
Go and take care of your inmates, I am sure it feeds your superiority complex.
later monkey.
Your ignorance is only exceeded by your inability to write and your display of stupidity by continuing to place posts that have no bearing on the issue at hand. You aren't even able to write an objective statement here. The only thing you have managed to come up with are attempts at trying to throw some sort of insults which are really quite humorous, albiet mis-spelled as well. Your recent post only goes to prove this as you continue to spout off things you either cannot or will not verify. There is no pointing fingers here, only proof that you are an illiterate twit proving that your inability to write is as clear as the nose on your face. Go back to school and try to learn something. You say you graduated with honors?!? That I find incredibly hard to believe! Based on your inability to write how on earth did you manage that unless you were under your teacher's desk earning your "honors" there? As to transporting inmates, that was years ago. I have since moved well up into the federal government. So, other than post here what exactly is it that you do, with all of your "honors" and such? Nevermind, I really don't want to know. When you argue with an idiot, who is the bigger idiot? I chose not to argue with you nor acknowledge any further posts you may leave here again as you are a waste of my time. Again in your case, "You just cannot cure stupid,(and ignorance)".
"Ciao baby!"
are you kidding me

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Stupid PPL S U C K wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another addiction is a DISEASE excuse!
You are sad, I work in the Medical Field and I guess the disease is the Initial Stupidity of these people to begin with.
The Judge had and HAS a very poor range of view if he thinks you can rehab a convicted murderer / drug user. It simply does not happen that way, unless you wear rose colored glasses.
I feel for the Victims of this male and his family for allowing him to roam freely.
It is very easy to judge someone who you don't know but in Larry Semento's defense it is hard when it is someone you love to give up you always hope you can fix them. God Bless you Larry for trying.
Justified

Statham, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

LAWRENCE used his masonic connections and drug money to relocate his brother from Texas to Florida so he could get him out of jail, look at the bigger picture, When was the last time Texas released a convicted murderer, Texas is leading the country in executions. Lawrence is just as guilty as the man who put him in office, look at this families track record.
u tell me

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

where is the truth? u ask, I'll wait to see, find me,this time around it will be more difficult. I will prevail in my quest, the sickness will fail, already has, just does'nt realize it. Where is the truth? answer need more!!!!!!!!!!
u tell me

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2008

forget larry aka: jim jones Semento and his sick ass brother. his brother went to jail for murdering that soul in Texas trying to help cover up lawrences sexual relations with a 9 year old lil boy. forget all u fools
u tell me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2008

What's Up?
u tell me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

What's Up?
u tell me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Judge Semento's brother was returned to the Lake Co jail this week by court order for the purpose of giving testimony. On what or who? Is he ratting out somebody? Maybe he's had time to think about it. Maybe he's ready to tell the truth. After all when you're in the big house forever, you ain't got much left. Tell the truth Glen. It won't set you free but it'll make you feel better and save a lot of innocent people from a life of destruction. Tell the truth now.
u tell me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

Huuuuummmm some moreeeee
ur arch

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

is this pitty i hope not there is no where for u to go just like hughes, u r slowwly giving in to ur illness it will innundate u, the lives u've destroyed
the murders, the molestation, manipulation of children and adults but u hate everyone including urself, that parking garage is not a sign to be remenbered but a memorial for jodys life her sisters
and all the lives u and the masonic order within lake county fl. have destroyed. dont leave the county, the ones u trust the most will do u in, who did jody trust her sister, who did they all trust?
the devil within the masdonic order in lake county
see u soon bucky, real soon. u r a defect of life nothing more dont let ur ewgo fool u. security iswill become challanging, loyalty is growing week despite the monetary gain for them. i am the one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

39 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min harmonious 1,082,317
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 43 min marce-encore 484,279
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 49 min anna 70,404
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 45,842
Casey Anthony maintains baby sitter was not fab... 6 hr EXECUTE KID KILLERS 158
Healthy & GOT c@ndomz ready?maybe you really ne... 7 hr deepkuhratcha 1
snapchat 7 hr kj369d 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••