Casey Anthony's defense team wants judge to delay jail video re...

Casey Anthony 's defense team wants a judge to postpone his decision on whether to release a jail video of Anthony so they have more time to investigate media leaks by the state. Full Story
bythesea

Port Orange, FL

#70 Jun 9, 2009
all that these freaks, i mean the skank's defense team, is accomplishing is drawing more attention to this case. it is going to eventually come out, regardless of their posturing. so, just let it out and let the pieces fall where they may. it must remembered that this case is about the murder of caylee, not the games the anthonys and their attorneys want to play.
Enough already

United States

#71 Jun 9, 2009
mimict wrote:
First you file a motion to seal the video. Then you file a motion for judge to delay ruling on sealing the video. Do you know what the heck you want? Baez, you said she is 100% innocent - so what the heck difference does it make?
Forget the video - I'd start on working to explain the 31 days
He really does not seem to know what he is doing. Something really bad must be in those doc dumps the public hasn't seen yet.
Angela

United States

#72 Jun 9, 2009
Another fishing expedition. Everyone knows 'a source close to the investigation' is just a term used by people who are infering something that may or may not be true. Baez played a part in 'leaks' himself so the outcome of this motion should be interesting.

Since: Feb 09

Houston, TX

#73 Jun 9, 2009
Enough already wrote:
<quoted text>He really does not seem to know what he is doing. Something really bad must be in those doc dumps the public hasn't seen yet.
I agree. If not something in the video maybe it is the Amscot photos. Remember they had been released to the defense not too long ago? I bet it shows either Casey lying about how the car got there or it shows her removing Caylee or her coming to check the car periodically. She is stupid enough I think to not know the place had video surveilance or that she thought the police would not think to get any video surveilance of where the car was. I like everyone have reached my point of frustration and beyond it with the defense, but let's remember the more antics they pull the more the whole court system itself is getting frustrated with them and the better chance of Caylee getting justice.
jeanette

Raleigh, NC

#74 Jun 9, 2009
Why is Bozo worried about leaks. why dont Bozo request the judge have duct tape put on George and Cindy's mouth's. and a restraining order to keep them out of public. they have done a lot of damage to his client's case. and he will find out when this goes to trial to. he will be saying "oh sh*** i forgot about those two out running off at the mouth". Bozo.. I dont think there is nothing the people on this planet have not heard.. and if there wasent nobody would be surprised..
Justme

Ocean City, MD

#75 Jun 9, 2009
NE Mom wrote:
<quoted text>He wasn't there......
The tape continues to when he arrived and they went to the conference room alone... except for the jail guards outside and the video that runs all the time in the conference room. Which any attorney would know about... except for Bozo Baez.
Bozo is not "fit" ethically, morally or knowledge wise to be an attorney. Why does the Florida Bar continue to sit on the many complaints filed against him?
eviemae

Bellwood, IL

#76 Jun 9, 2009
Come on.., release the video so we can see how much Casey really cared about Caylee.....

remember SINdy and George said she is a loving Mom.....

what is there to Hide?
Enough Already

Washington, DC

#77 Jun 9, 2009
The media requests are for the ever present sensationalism and is disgusting. It has been admitted by those in charge at the jail that the taping was not necessary, therefore she was set up, and frankly I would be disappointed if those same individuals were not sanctioned, for "fanning the flames". This is not their job.

It should be ruled against, cut the nonsense, and move on in the process.

For all those out there who wail and rant against this prisoner having any constitutional rights, just remember that the next rights which could be ignored COULD be YOURS.
jeanette

Raleigh, NC

#78 Jun 9, 2009
June 16th is comming up should be intresting to see if there will be a remberence day for Caylee by the Anthony's.. and if there is that's a confession that they knew she was dead then..after all wasen't that the time when Cindy and Casey got into their knock down drag out fight and Casey took Caylee and left. and Lenord P. said Casey was seen at a motel paceing back and forth in front of the motel and Little Caylee wasent seen..
Jen in Jax for Caylee

Jacksonville, FL

#79 Jun 9, 2009
They just don't want the video out because they know how insane Casey is and how she must appear in the video. I can only imagine how this might assist a plea of insanity but is that revoked when the crime is premeditated?
I really hope Strickland nails her to the wall and exploits her like the bad parent she is/was/has been.
Maybe the devastation of the body being found and not necessarily that it was found but that she is caught, is written all over her face.
I'm curious to see this video. She sits there so smug and has done so this entire time; so very similar to the way Scott Petersoin did. If he's on death row, why isn't she?
Jen in Jax for Caylee

Jacksonville, FL

#80 Jun 9, 2009
Enough Already wrote:
For all those out there who wail and rant against this prisoner having any constitutional rights, just remember that the next rights which could be ignored COULD be YOURS.
I will be sure not to kill my future children. CA has given every reason to have her rights stripped from her. How about being uncooperative, she alone sitting in a cell demonstrates her lack of rights. That's why they put you in jail, geeeeeeesh.
cindy raised a killer

Noblesville, IN

#81 Jun 9, 2009
Enough Already wrote:
The media requests are for the ever present sensationalism and is disgusting. It has been admitted by those in charge at the jail that the taping was not necessary, therefore she was set up, and frankly I would be disappointed if those same individuals were not sanctioned, for "fanning the flames". This is not their job.
unlikely i have no desire to kill and then hide my childrens remains!!! cindy raised the perfect criminal, a thief, a drug whoree, a habitual liar, oh and a cold blooded child killer!!

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#82 Jun 9, 2009
Enough Already wrote:
Your last sentence just deterred me from randomly murdering someone. I'd hate to lose my "right to privacy" while facing the death penalty.
sam

Roundup, MT

#84 Jun 9, 2009
tori wrote:
I am a little confused as to why Baez would be so concerned about the release of the video. So what if she broke down, would that not be a normal reaction even if she were innocent? And why would he not want people to see her having a normal reaction? My guess is that he may be on the tape doing something inappropriate and he is worried about his behind, and not hers.
Because Casey broke down when they found the body,and before it was confirmed it was Caylee, why would she do that? She and her lawyers and parents kept saying Caylee was alive.
Rasputin

Charlotte, NC

#85 Jun 9, 2009
Enough Already wrote:
WHAT RIGHTS?
She has no RIGHTS to PRIVACY in JAIL.
She was in a PUBLIC AREA to boot waiting for MEDICATION that SHE ASKED FOR!
A freaking TRANQULIZER when the body had not even yet been identified.
I don't know where you get the idea she has "rights" while in jail awaiting 1st degree murder charges but you're just flat out wrong.
They can LIE TO HER if they want to in order to get her to confess. They can cheat and trick her any way they see fit. Look it up...she's in JAIL.

As far as the press goes IT'S THE SUNSHINE LAW in Florida...if you don't know what that is look that up too!
It's part of the FOIA...
they HAVE to release this information to ANYONE that asks for it!

Change the laws if you don't like them but right now NONE OF THE KILLER'S RIGHTS are being VIOLATED...PERIOD.
Oh brother

Orlando, FL

#86 Jun 9, 2009
cheekosmom wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I thought I read he had a hissy fit because the jail personnel showed Casey the tv and then the whole thing unraveled from there. Meaning she sat down or was sat down by the staff member, went blotchy, asked for a sedative etc. Baez got there afterward and was upset because he wanted to break the news. What I did find interesting is that it wasn't confirmed right away that the bones were Caylee's so why the high drama? Not just Casey but Baez wanting to break the news...makes things look very suspicious imho.
Umm, in Florida, we "pitch" hissy fits, not "have" them. Just a southern thang...
let er rot in hel-

Thomasville, GA

#87 Jun 9, 2009
Rasputin wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT RIGHTS?
She has no RIGHTS to PRIVACY in JAIL.
She was in a PUBLIC AREA to boot waiting for MEDICATION that SHE ASKED FOR!
A freaking TRANQULIZER when the body had not even yet been identified.
I don't know where you get the idea she has "rights" while in jail awaiting 1st degree murder charges but you're just flat out wrong.
They can LIE TO HER if they want to in order to get her to confess. They can cheat and trick her any way they see fit. Look it up...she's in JAIL.
As far as the press goes IT'S THE SUNSHINE LAW in Florida...if you don't know what that is look that up too!
It's part of the FOIA...
they HAVE to release this information to ANYONE that asks for it!
Change the laws if you don't like them but right now NONE OF THE KILLER'S RIGHTS are being VIOLATED...PERIOD.
A really great post Rasputin!
jeanette

Raleigh, NC

#88 Jun 9, 2009
Baez say's It's not legal, It's cruel and In-humane to show those tape's.. he is a fruit loop. what Casey did to Little Caylee is all of the above. who care's what he say's anyway. and all that new Attorney is there for is to fight the Death Penelty. she knows Casey is guilty. she just want's to show cause as to why the death penelty should not be sought in this case. but I guess she has never defended a client that cold bloodely killed her baby and dumped her in the woods like a bag of garbage hopeing the body would be eat up and drug away by animales and no sight of her could be found.. that is why she partied 31 days before she even showed her face back home.
let er rot in hel-

Thomasville, GA

#89 Jun 9, 2009
jeanette wrote:
Baez say's It's not legal, It's cruel and In-humane to show those tape's.. he is a fruit loop. what Casey did to Little Caylee is all of the above. who care's what he say's anyway. and all that new Attorney is there for is to fight the Death Penelty. she knows Casey is guilty. she just want's to show cause as to why the death penelty should not be sought in this case. but I guess she has never defended a client that cold bloodely killed her baby and dumped her in the woods like a bag of garbage hopeing the body would be eat up and drug away by animales and no sight of her could be found.. that is why she partied 31 days before she even showed her face back home.
and remember, she didn't show her face at home of her own free will, her mother had to find her, minus Caylee, and drag her home, then mother called 911..and the story goes on from there! and Baez! you're right he is a fruit loop! it's cruel and inhumane to show the videos and pictures they have shown of Casey! no remorse, no guilt, just fun loving cold blooded killer Casey!! chose her boyfriends and what she thought was her freedom, over her daughter..so she killed Caylee and disposed of her like garbage!! so we've already seen cruel and inhumane Casey.. she deserved whatever treatment Baze feels like she got from the jailers!!! show the jailhouse video! Baez probably acted inappropriately with Casey, and he's afraid that will be seen on the video..show it..
Lily

Seattle, WA

#90 Jun 9, 2009
Glad to see they're getting tough about media leaks!

And we don't need to see the jailhouse video. If it's allowed as evidence at trial, the jury will see it, and that's the ONLY thing that should matter.

Personally, I would LOVE to see this video, but who am I to feel entitled to it? This sort of thing is NOT why the Sunshine Law was written.

Look at that -- I'm capable of setting aside my own thoughts and desires and looking at the situation objectively and rationally!

Y'all should try it sometime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,173,111
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min dont drink the ko... 50,385
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 35 min T-REX 491,248
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr Ponderings 96,838
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 2 hr Miles 70,780
One Word (Jul '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 1,936
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 5 hr LizW 17,830
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:10 pm PST