Casey Anthony's defense team wants ju...

Casey Anthony's defense team wants judge to delay jail video re...

There are 308 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Casey Anthony's defense team wants judge to delay jail video re.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Casey Anthony 's defense team wants a judge to postpone his decision on whether to release a jail video of Anthony so they have more time to investigate media leaks by the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
lwpisces

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Jun 8, 2009
What in this world could be more damning than not reporting your child missing(31 days), duct taping her mouth, driving her around in the trunk of her car and then triple bagging her and throwing her in a swampy area full of snakes, bugs and animals only to lay out there all alone through not only heavy rains and thunderstorms but also HURRICANE FAYE. Now I ask again, what could be more damning, a jailhouse video? I think not. Who cares what's on that video, save it for the trial. I already know it really must be bad since Baez is trying so hard to keep it hidden. And as for the investagators leaking to the media, you better watch out Jose. I watch Geraldo and he seemed to have info that only you could have given him. Yeah, Baez don't forget all of your, Linda, George,and Cindy Media Blitz's. Alot of untruths and leaks there too!!!!
oldgraymare

Warren, MI

#2 Jun 8, 2009
IMO Whorealdo and Bozo are way too tight.
And as for the video.... Who in jail really
expects privacy? It's posted, it's recorded when there's a visitor. Just because inmates think
their rights are being violated doesn't make it
so. Killsey is a worthless murdering, lying
pos and her family should be in the next cell to
her! I hope she gets the DP and it's carried
out asap. Hopefully no long drawn out boohoohoo
appeals. She deserves exactly what she gave
her child, DEATH!

Since: Jul 08

DeBary, Florida

#3 Jun 8, 2009
Well, this beats all, Mr. Baez. You had months to hire a DP qualified attorney and you wait until the last minute to get one and now she needs more time to catch up. I can't believe you have the whatever to make this motion.
awram

Irwin, PA

#4 Jun 8, 2009
What's the difference if the video is released? According to Baez and the rest of the defense, KC is innocent!!!

If it were any other rational person in jail, she would be skin and bones from her daughters death and being found. Seems to me she is munching to the occassion. You can easily tell how much weight she has gained in jail.

I hope Strickland finds for the media in releasing the video. I don't agree how it was done but still think it will be very telling.

Also: Still waiting for the Anthonys to be deposed again for the questions they wouldn't answer, no update on that. Another telling situation.

Funny how Lee has kept himself out of the media for so long. I think they are loosing there edge and will start throughing each other under the bus long before trial..........
Enough already

Mission, TX

#6 Jun 8, 2009
Media leaks oh please! Maybe baez and baden need to stay off of the today show and his buddy geraldo's show. What a bunch of crap!
awram

Irwin, PA

#7 Jun 8, 2009
CarolineJenkins wrote:
Well, this beats all, Mr. Baez. You had months to hire a DP qualified attorney and you wait until the last minute to get one and now she needs more time to catch up. I can't believe you have the whatever to make this motion.
It wouldn't matter. The DA is a long way from releasing all disocvery and Ms Lyon has more that the KC case she is working on. This case will never start in Oct.

It might take another year to get this to trial........BUMMER

Since: Jan 09

Dundas, Canada

#8 Jun 8, 2009
awram wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't matter. The DA is a long way from releasing all disocvery and Ms Lyon has more that the KC case she is working on. This case will never start in Oct.
It might take another year to get this to trial........BUMMER
Interesting what you say. But I had the opposite reaction, I thought that Baez in saying Lyon needs a few months as well to acquaint herself with the case means that, a few months. Doesn't strike me as an outsider here that Judge Strickland will let too much time go by when deciding on motions. Just my opinion and yes I hope it doesn't take more than October but you're probably right. What a waste of money!
awram

Irwin, PA

#10 Jun 8, 2009
cheekosmom wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting what you say. But I had the opposite reaction, I thought that Baez in saying Lyon needs a few months as well to acquaint herself with the case means that, a few months. Doesn't strike me as an outsider here that Judge Strickland will let too much time go by when deciding on motions. Just my opinion and yes I hope it doesn't take more than October but you're probably right. What a waste of money!
Unfortunately the longer the DA waits to release it's info, the more time the defense will request more time and the judge will give it to them.
I think the only reason there has not been much more damaging material from the DA is because they don't have any.
With what's been givin so far, the DP will never stand after Ms Lyons gets thru with her motions.
Just a guy

Mountain View, CA

#11 Jun 8, 2009
I really see no problem with the defense request. Neither the defense nor the prosecution wants the video released now. It is clear Ms. Lyon needs time to acquaint herself with the docs. Casey Anthony is in jail. Where else would she be if the defense request were no granted?

The only losers in this delay are the Anthonys. Given their antics, time is not on their side.
Leslee S

Sturgis, SD

#12 Jun 8, 2009
Baez, I tried to keep an open mind in the beginning but you, Casey, Cindy, George & Lee kept opening your mouths about the nanny, changing your stories, & now trying to throw her friends & Kronk under suspicion. By the way, what would a single meter reader want with a toddler? And don't you all have to still go with the nanny story? You guys are the ones that make Casey look guilty!!!

Since: Dec 08

Ocala, FL

#13 Jun 8, 2009
Baez wants this & Baez wants that!

How's it feel to want Bozo?- LOL

Anyway no matter how long the trial drags out as the skank is growing larger by the day the bottom line is Shanky is still in jail and will never see the light of day.
Reality_Check

Debary, FL

#14 Jun 8, 2009
This is hilarious. Lawyers bring a motion to court, then ask the judge NOT to rule on the motion they brought in the first place? HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA.
Reality_Check

Debary, FL

#15 Jun 8, 2009
awram wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately the longer the DA waits to release it's info, the more time the defense will request more time and the judge will give it to them.
I think the only reason there has not been much more damaging material from the DA is because they don't have any.
With what's been givin so far, the DP will never stand after Ms Lyons gets thru with her motions.
Face it...Casey is doomed and Ms. Lyons has changed her name to Lyings so that she can join the Anthony Camp.

NO spin, no matter who the attorney is will lessen the damage the family and Baez have already done. NOTHING will change:

31 days
A babysitter that didn't exist
A kidnapping that never happened
That "damned dead body smell" that later turned to a rotting pizza that was not in the car.
Photos that never surfaced.
Evidence that was tampered with.
Providing false statements to LEO and being caught in them seconds later.

Nor will anything change the fact that Caylee is the victim and the rest of them are criminals.
Korina

Clearwater, FL

#16 Jun 8, 2009
Read that the video showed Baez had his wandering hand on Casey's bottom! That's the reason why Baez didn't want the video released..not because Casey was hyperventilating! If I were Judge Strickland, I want to see the video and then if it did happen, file a complaint with the Florida Bar Asso. to disbar Baez from practicing law again in the state of Florida.
truthiness

United States

#17 Jun 8, 2009
Hmm..Sounds like Bozo knows the video is going to be released and is simply trying to buy some time.

We will soon all be able to view
the academy award performance- She collapses into the chair, grasping to hold the weight of her own body....breathing hard and trembling. Her bottom lip quivering....LOL can't wait to see it and get a good laugh!
LI_Mom

Stony Brook, NY

#18 Jun 8, 2009
Just a guy wrote:
I really see no problem with the defense request. Neither the defense nor the prosecution wants the video released now. It is clear Ms. Lyon needs time to acquaint herself with the docs. Casey Anthony is in jail. Where else would she be if the defense request were no granted?
The only losers in this delay are the Anthonys. Given their antics, time is not on their side.
I agree, neither side wants or needs the video released.

The prosecution released exactly what they wanted released & painted the defense in a nice little corner.

Casey's best hope is STILL if Lyons can talk some sense into the clueless team of Baez & Casey & they avoid a trial.
MrWrong

Mount Airy, NC

#19 Jun 8, 2009
She is going to be 47 when THIS trial starts . . . . . . .
LI_Mom

Stony Brook, NY

#20 Jun 8, 2009
Korina wrote:
Read that the video showed Baez had his wandering hand on Casey's bottom! That's the reason why Baez didn't want the video released..not because Casey was hyperventilating! If I were Judge Strickland, I want to see the video and then if it did happen, file a complaint with the Florida Bar Asso. to disbar Baez from practicing law again in the state of Florida.
Not sure if you're just joking here but in case you're serious....

Baez was NOT there when Casey found out remains were found at her pet cemetery.
Frankenstein

Clearwater, FL

#21 Jun 8, 2009
Holy Moley! Baez sure does have a bad case of the wandering hands and lips for Casey! First, Baez had gotten in trouble with the jail staff of kissing and hugging Casey earlier this year and now, his uncontrollable hand is on her buns! What a dirty fat ole man this crooked Baez is...carrying on with a female who's old enough to be daughter!
truthiness

United States

#22 Jun 8, 2009
Too bad! George was only ALMOST ran over...!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Susanm 1,419,107
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr God Damned Holy S... 61,042
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr zazz 98,167
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 19 hr Wiley_Kyote 73,689
last post wins! (Jul '11) Thu Milee 5,970
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... Thu Fa-Foxy 198
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) Wed T-REX 513,464

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages