Scientists say they have proved clima...

Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

There are 7994 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Black Mom

Winnetka, CA

#8309 Dec 4, 2016
Global Warming Research in Danger as Trump Appoints Climate Skeptic to NASA Team

YIM

“This represents freedom”

Since: Jul 14

But it is not free. Get it?

#8310 Dec 4, 2016
FF aka Fossil Fuels wrote:
<quoted text>

The Federal Reserve Bank under Bernanke began the Quantitative Easing policies in 2008. Quantitative easing is a policy whereby the Fed keeps interest rates down by buying bonds.

A short look. If a bank lends money at 2% then after maintenance on the loan there is only an additional 1% collected by the bank. It can't lend much and can only pay very minimal on deposits.

If it can only pay .05% on deposits then most will put their money somewhere else and that too decreases the amounts banks can lend.

The same impacts are felt throughout the system in the Quantitative Easing Policies. In June of this year, Bernanke made a statement that it might be time to begin the end of Quantitative Easing. The market dropped. Most who know about money are anticipating a big problem when the QE program is terminated.
Yes...I agree. Because of the Quantitative Easing Policies possibly ending I will need to put another deer in the freezer before this month is out. I made kabobs this evening from large shrimp and thin cut deer steaks. I cooked the meat real slow and added very few spices (salt, pepper and a touch of steak seasoning). OMG was it good. Money on the other hand has never been too important to me but I am building 2 great government Defined Benefit Retirement plans in my family...is that good?
Dudley

Carson, CA

#8311 Dec 6, 2016
Climate change is real. If all Democrats in the U.S. would simply give-up their internal combustion engines and walk the carbon footprint of these type automobiles would be reduced with thousands less pounds in particles circulating in our environment. Walk or ride a bicycle and you might reverse climate change. I don't know, it might be to late. You could take a little hand cart or pull a wagon behind your bike to put your stuff in or take your Mom to the Doctor. Please Democrats, show you care and save all of us.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8312 Dec 7, 2016
Dudley wrote:
Climate change is real. If all Democrats in the U.S. would simply give-up their internal combustion engines and walk the carbon footprint of these type automobiles would be reduced with thousands less pounds in particles circulating in our environment. Walk or ride a bicycle and you might reverse climate change. I don't know, it might be to late. You could take a little hand cart or pull a wagon behind your bike to put your stuff in or take your Mom to the Doctor. Please Democrats, show you care and save all of us.
You Republicans need to build a corner store in my neighborhood. It is your capitalistic ideas that put the big box stores out at the edge of the city that cause me to have to have a car.

The idea is that it will take a concerted action that changes how we live to solve the problem. While individual action will absolutely help, it is social policies that will need to be developed to change the way we live in the future.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#8313 Dec 7, 2016
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
You Republicans need to build a corner store in my neighborhood. It is your capitalistic ideas that put the big box stores out at the edge of the city that cause me to have to have a car.
Blame anyone but yourself for your fossil fuel choices.

In fact, Democrats like the Clintons and Obama led the globalization movement, forcing out local business. The Republicans nominated and elected Donald Trump on and antiglobalization platform.

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
The idea is that it will take a concerted action that changes how we live to solve the problem.
Sounds more like a religious problem than a real world problem. Tried and true solutions work, not climate change mitigation pseudoscience. We've always adapted to climate change, nobody has demonstrated the benefits of mitigating climate change.

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
While individual action will absolutely help, it is social policies that will need to be developed to change the way we live in the future.
Go for it, nobody is forcing you to drive to the mall. Take a bus, call a cab, share a ride with a friend. Take some responsibility for your life.

Location hidden

#8314 Dec 8, 2016
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Blame anyone but yourself for your fossil fuel choices.

In fact, Democrats like the Clintons and Obama led the globalization movement, forcing out local business. The Republicans nominated and elected Donald Trump on and antiglobalization platform.

Take some responsibility for your life.
People voted for Trump because they thought he can make capitalism work again. Isolationism is not going to put folks back to work.
IB DaMann

Alexandria, VA

#8315 Dec 8, 2016
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
People voted for Trump because they thought he can make capitalism work again. Isolationism is not going to put folks back to work.
Hmmm, this is a fascinating concept, i.e. Patriot AKA Bozo implying that he understands capitalism better than Trump does.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#8316 Dec 9, 2016
IB DaMann wrote:
<quoted text>

Hmmm, this is a fascinating concept, i.e. Patriot AKA Bozo implying that he understands capitalism better than Trump does.
Interesting that the possibility would be fascinating now instead of considering Trump's abysmal limitations >before< the sheeplings cast their ballots.

Since: Aug 15

Seattle, WA

#8317 Dec 9, 2016
Dudley wrote:
Climate change is real.
The term 'climate change' is a nonsensical term. It doesn't mean anything. You can talk about different climates, but they cannot change. The term 'climate change' is just another attempt by the Church of Global Warming to whitewash itself with a new marketing term.
Dudley wrote:
If all Democrats in the U.S. would simply give-up their internal combustion engines and walk the carbon footprint of these type automobiles would be reduced with thousands less pounds in particles circulating in our environment.
Engines don't add any particles to the environment at all. They simply re-arrange molecules (the 'particle' you are referring to).
Dudley wrote:
Walk or ride a bicycle and you might reverse climate change.
So...you think that CO2 put out by bike riders or pedestrians exerting themselves and producing CO2 doing it is better than the CO2 put out by a car?
Dudley wrote:
I don't know, it might be to late.
Not too late. Global Warming is a religion, perpetuating a religious doctrine.
Dudley wrote:
You could take a little hand cart or pull a wagon behind your bike to put your stuff in or take your Mom to the Doctor. Please Democrats, show you care and save all of us.
Democrats don't care about anybody but themselves. They tend to be very selfish people.

Seattle, WA

#8318 Dec 9, 2016
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
No one is forcing you to shop at a big box store, dumbass. You want a corner store in your neighborhood? Start one!
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
The idea is that it will take a concerted action that changes how we live to solve the problem.
What problem? That you prefer big box stores and their huge inventories? Heck, some of these places are getting big enough you'll need a car to drive around INSIDE the store. Oh, wait...they already have that.
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
While individual action will absolutely help, it is social policies that will need to be developed to change the way we live in the future.
Dictatorships, oligarchies, or fascism are not desirable futures.

Seattle, WA

#8319 Dec 9, 2016
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. People voted for Trump because they are tired of government getting in the way of capitalism. They are tired of the high taxes, the regulations that make it attractive for companies to move abroad, the unfair trade treaties, and the fascism.

Trump is not talking about isolationism. He wants international trade.

IB DaMann

Aldie, VA

#8320 Dec 9, 2016
ChromiuMan wrote:
Interesting that the possibility would be fascinating now instead of considering Trump's abysmal limitations >before< the sheeplings cast their ballots.
The sheeplings, as you put it, were/are the gullible Democrat voters who let the DNC do their thinking for them, to the point that they believe and regurgitate whatever they are told and they hate on command.

Democrat voters: gullible, manipulated haters.
Well Well

Pomona, CA

#8321 Dec 9, 2016
You want climate change, grow a tree. Make life exist.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#8322 Dec 10, 2016
IB DaMann wrote:
<quoted text>
The sheeplings, as you put it, were/are the gullible Democrat voters who let the DNC do their thinking for them, to the point that they believe and regurgitate whatever they are told and they hate on command.

Democrat voters: gullible, manipulated haters.
I'm not a Democrat, so it isn't like some football rivalry to me. Obviously it is to you. No matter what hate you >feeel< about the DNC coaches and quarterback, it doesn't make The Donald adequate for the position you put him in. He isn't even qualified to be a third stringer.
Since you brought up Hate, just why was it Trump was compelled to directly address his fan base committing >hateful< and bigoted assaults immediately after the election?
According to Facebook, the Trump train posted nearly twice as much disinformation than the Clinton camp. I'm sure you're hot and heavy about "Hillary lied", but I'd bet you're >intentionally< unfamiliar with Trump's fact checker reputation.
Dudley

Carson, CA

#8323 Dec 10, 2016
I'm appalled and dismayed at all the carbon monoxide that's emitted when volcano's erupt. Something needs to be done. Maybe installing huge filters over them or stuffing Al Gore's large butt into one of them might help. Hillary has a large butt also that could be used. Obama's skinny little butt would not block much but let's use him anyway.
Well Well

Pomona, CA

#8324 Dec 10, 2016
A volcanic eruption is more than all the smog in the world. It changes weather patterns. Los Angeles city counsel said fat people are causing earth quakes. Now they changed it to fracking causes earth quakes. The truth is city counsel officials have what looks like egg white all over their face or its pud juice, and when two plates under the earths crust press against each other it causes an earthquake. That's the whole truth. Fat people and fracking, that's like saying Syrian Muslims don't eat baby back ribs and honey baked hams for Christmas.
Always hopeful

Allentown, PA

#8325 Dec 10, 2016
Coral reefs are dying off, the ozone layer is being depleted, some species of animals are in danger of harm or becoming extinct. Our waters are polluted as well as the air we breathe. Regulations have helped to curtail some of the worst effects. But if Trump lifts regulations on water, air and the food we eat, we're going to be in bigger trouble then ever. Climate change is more serious then it ever was because we are a much much larger population then ever before. We keep spewing poisons into the environment everyday and expect that there will be no effects from it? This has been going on for a long time. It makes sense that sooner or later, we were going to reap the effects. It's happen right now and has been going on for some time. If we don't take immediate measures to help protect us from further harm, we may all be doomed to a fate we can't imagine or fathom.

Seattle, WA

#8326 Dec 10, 2016
Always hopeful wrote:
Coral reefs are dying off,
No, they aren't. A few particular reefs have had trouble, but that's all, and not unusual.
Always hopeful wrote:
the ozone layer is being depleted,
No. It can't. We couldn't destroy the ozone layer even if we wanted to.
Always hopeful wrote:
some species of animals are in danger of harm or becoming extinct.
Some always have. A lot fewer these days, fortunately.
Always hopeful wrote:
Our waters are polluted as well
Nowhere near as much as they used to be. People like me cleaned a lot of them up.
Always hopeful wrote:
as the air we breathe.
Nowhere near as much as it used to be. People like me clean a lot of them up.
Always hopeful wrote:
Regulations have helped to curtail some of the worst effects.
They have done almost nothing. They have done harm as well.
Always hopeful wrote:
But if Trump lifts regulations on water, air and the food we eat, we're going to be in bigger trouble then ever.
No. That technology we built is not going to go away. The market demand for modern car engines and even electric cars is not going to go away. The market demand for good food is not going away.
Always hopeful wrote:
Climate change is more serious then it ever was because we are a much much larger population then ever before.
The term 'climate change' is a nonsensical term. Global Warming is an assumed 'catastrophe' with no data to show it's even happening or not.
Always hopeful wrote:
We keep spewing poisons into the environment everyday and expect that there will be no effects from it?
We use poisons for beneficial use. They work.
Always hopeful wrote:
This has been going on for a long time.
Yes it has.
Always hopeful wrote:
It makes sense that sooner or later, we were going to reap the effects.
We already do. We have better food supplies, cleaner water, and even cleaner air, all thanks to poisons.
Always hopeful wrote:
It's happen right now and has been going on for some time. If we don't take immediate measures to help protect us from further harm, we may all be doomed to a fate we can't imagine or fathom.
The End of the World is Nigh. Another religious nut from the Church of Global Warming.

Location hidden

#8327 Dec 10, 2016
Into The Night wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they aren't. A few particular reefs have had trouble, but that's all, and not unusual.
<quoted text>
No. It can't. We couldn't destroy the ozone layer even if we wanted to.
<quoted text>
Some always have. A lot fewer these days, fortunately.
<quoted text>
Nowhere near as much as they used to be. People like me cleaned a lot of them up.
<quoted text>
Nowhere near as much as it used to be. People like me clean a lot of them up.
<quoted text>
They have done almost nothing. They have done harm as well.
<quoted text>
No. That technology we built is not going to go away. The market demand for modern car engines and even electric cars is not going to go away. The market demand for good food is not going away.
<quoted text>
The term 'climate change' is a nonsensical term. Global Warming is an assumed 'catastrophe' with no data to show it's even happening or not.
<quoted text>
We use poisons for beneficial use. They work.
<quoted text>
Yes it has.
<quoted text>
We already do. We have better food supplies, cleaner water, and even cleaner air, all thanks to poisons.
<quoted text>
The End of the World is Nigh. Another religious nut from the Church of Global Warming.
The reason the air and water were cleaned up was because the government demanded it. Industry could care less.
https://www.epa.gov/tmdl/impaired-waters-and-...

Seattle, WA

#8328 Dec 10, 2016
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>

The reason the air and water were cleaned up was because the government demanded it. Industry could care less.
https://www.epa.gov/tmdl/impaired-waters-and-...
No. These regulations were passed AFTER the technology was developed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min OBAMANATION 1,483,458
Double Fun Word Game (Mar '11) 20 min Princess Hey 13,172
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr mdbuilder 62,982
subs weed roofiess Xanies bar,Blues,oc's,molly 14 hr sisi 1
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 15 hr Princess Hey 19,333
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sun zazz 98,316
News Faces Drug Charges (Aug '08) Sun Mt Vernon Rd resi... 15

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages