Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,841 - 7,860 of 7,946 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013
Level 1

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't call my opponents trolls, this is where we differ.
Because your opponents aren't troll, they are rational people. you are a troll. That's where you differ.
The Iron Dictator

Podgorica, Montenegro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Because your opponents aren't troll, they are rational people. you are a troll. That's where you differ.
Scientists say that they have proven that Jews are Children of Satan,now we must do something about it!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
^^^I don't rely on ad hominem arguments because reason is superior to irrationality.

CARSON: They feel that if you look a certain way, then you have to stay on the plantation. I've heard that some people referred to me as an Uncle Tom. Obviously they don't know what an Uncle Tom is. They need to read Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel Uncle Tom's Cabin to see that he was very subservient, kind of go-along-to-get-along type person. Obviously that's not what I'm doing. And what the left frequently does -- and some aspects of the right, too -- is they try to make life so unpleasant for anybody who disagrees with them that people will keep silent. I'm trying to get people to speak up because, you know, this country is changing into something else and we need to make sure that that we really want to change into something else and not just end up there and ask ourselves how did we get there.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/03/27/...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^I don't rely on ad hominem arguments because reason is superior to irrationality.
CARSON: They feel that if you look a certain way, then you have to stay on the plantation. I've heard that some people referred to me as an Uncle Tom. Obviously they don't know what an Uncle Tom is. They need to read Harriet Beecher Stowe's novel Uncle Tom's Cabin to see that he was very subservient, kind of go-along-to-get-along type person. Obviously that's not what I'm doing. And what the left frequently does -- and some aspects of the right, too -- is they try to make life so unpleasant for anybody who disagrees with them that people will keep silent. I'm trying to get people to speak up because, you know, this country is changing into something else and we need to make sure that that we really want to change into something else and not just end up there and ask ourselves how did we get there.
Brain_D far more akin to Rush Limbaugh than Dr. Benjamin Carson.
Then again, as a 7th Day Adventist Dr. Carson is obligated to profess that the Earth is 6,000 years old.
"Ultimately, if you accept the evolutionary theory, you dismiss ethics, you don't have to abide by a set of moral codes, you determine your own conscience based on your own desires." -Dr. B. Carson

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
I don't call my opponents trolls, this is where we differ.

>>I call 'em like I see 'em, Brian. You always post the same twaddle, you derail discussions on purpose, you argue in concentric circles. You are, IMO, a troll. I'm quite sincere. That part wasn't an insult.

<quoted text>Since it takes geometric increase in CO2 to increase warming arithmetically, each molecule of CO2 you emit has less effect than the previous CO2 molecule you emitted. Isn't it nice, that nature has already mitigated our carbon emissions?
Climate always changes; don't panic. Wait for experimental tests, demonstrations and trials before implementing a new technology. Don't buy a pig in a poke.

That sort of argument is EXACTLY what I mean. Unless you're nuts, you probably know this already and are just laughing, but I feel the need to rebut your silly posts anyway.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>^^^I don't rely on ad hominem arguments because reason is superior to irrationality.
LOL! Now the "scientific" Brainless_G is citing Limbaugh - and in a completely offtopic way, too!

It's good that you keep supporting my arguments against your posts instead of attempting to refute them, Brainless. Makes my job so much easier!:)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Brudny Zyd Malpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you going to sign the petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Get back to me with an intelligent, on-topic post someday. When you grow up, that is.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

The Iron Dictator wrote:
<quoted text>Scientists say that they have proven that Jews are Children of Satan,now we must do something about it!
Go find the anti-Semite board, fool, there must be one on Topix SOMEwhere.
Feb Reeze

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Just trying to give posters some choices besides the Silly trial going on in Florida. It's not even a real trial. How many more Days until HLN moves on to a real trial or the completion of the JA trial? What was the topic again?
Feb Reeze

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't call my opponents trolls, this is where we differ.
<quoted text>Since it takes geometric increase in CO2 to increase warming arithmetically, each molecule of CO2 you emit has less effect than the previous CO2 molecule you emitted. Isn't it nice, that nature has already mitigated our carbon emissions?
Climate always changes; don't panic. Wait for experimental tests, demonstrations and trials before implementing a new technology. Don't buy a pig in a poke.
Did you see the show where there are stations run by agencies that can change the climate and that might be the real cause of the severe climate change to include increases in hurricanes, tornadoes, and flooding.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Ben Carson IS an Uncle Tom, and Limbaugh is a despicable, cowardly, hypocritical racist himself. Carson whines about being attacked, but launched a racist attack on his white, liberal opponents.

As to you using "reason..."

ROTFLMAO!!

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

FuGyou wrote:
Because your opponents aren't troll ...
It's make your mind up time, Fuggy, singular or plural?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
Ben Carson IS an Uncle Tom,[]. Carson whines about being attacked, but launched a racist attack on his white, liberal opponents. As to you using "reason..." ROTFLMAO!!
^^^tha Professor has made a racist insult against a black man. Those without logical argument use ad hominem irrationality.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Now the "scientific" Brainless_G is citing Limbaugh - and in a completely offtopic way, too!
It's good that you keep supporting my arguments against your posts instead of attempting to refute them, Brainless. Makes my job so much easier!:)
At least we know for sure where he gets his science. LOL

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

Meanwhile, "we" aren't sure where Bozo gets his science.
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

My first visit here.

I looked at the first page and found a lot of unrefined dumasses there.

But this last page is graced by those who have really refined dumassism to it's purest state.

Hello, Brain_Dead. Hello, dirtling.

I'm stalking you.

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Judged:

This thread will be 5 years old in December and cavemonkey says it's his first visits here.

Poor chap can't even spell dumbasses.ֿ

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2013

Earthling-1 wrote:
Meanwhile, "we" aren't sure where Bozo gets his science.
This from an old dropout who does not understand how science works.

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

Dropout
Noun
1. A person who has abandoned a course of study or who has rejected conventional society to pursue an alternative lifestyle.
<<<<<<< <<<<<<
Earthling had completed the amount of schooling required at the time when he left at the age of 15 in 1956.
The school leaving age was raised to 16 years in 1972. The preparation for this raise began in 1964 and it was previously set at 15 years.
He is well acquainted with and understands the scientific method, something that's apparently been abandoned by climate catastrophists.

Level 1

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2013

cavemonkey wrote:
My first visit here.
Is that a confession, or an admission of guilt?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

53 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,079,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min SpaceBlues 45,777
David Maus Toyota to face discrimination suit (Oct '07) 28 min Socrates 202
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 42 min marce-encore 483,883
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 1 hr HCS 2,388
The alphabet (Jun '06) 2 hr Roxie Darling 1,024
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr rubygoober 17,051
•••
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••