Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real. Full Story
PHD

Overton, TX

#8094 Mar 15, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of reading Time & Newsweek on the sly at a local magazine rack, you should have enrolled at University & read Science Journals at Earth science, geology, astronomy, & mathematics libraries at the colleges.
Of course, you are wrong. In the 70's, 44 Science Papers were published in Science Journals about global warming, whereas only 7 papers were written about global cooling. Science, itself, was already predicting the problems of AGW.
More diarrheas from the “pinheadlitesout”
PHD

Overton, TX

#8095 Mar 15, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress did that. Are you a Paul Broun supporter now, PHD? Brain_D is.
No, I don't support any of those fools. So congress did it because it was a profitable venture?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8096 Mar 15, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
>>Humans are changing the climate through the greenhouse effect,
Yet, no experimental evidence shows our greenhouse gas emissions are able to change climate temperature. As each greenhouse gas molecule is added to the atmosphere, it has less warming effect than the previous molecule.

tha Professor wrote:
and reducing greenhouse gases would mitigate that effect. A child could understand at least that simple fact, and yet you continue to obfuscate, evade, and try to change the subject. Why?
Again, no experimental test proves tha Professor's claim above.

tha Professor wrote:
>>Changing the subject again? I told you that performing experiments on a world-wide scale was "hugely difficult." Please don't try to pretend I said something else and argue against that, instead - that technique is called using a strawman argument. And you've already had many, many experiments cited for you showing how greenhouse gases affect atmospheric warming, so why pretend that warming is 'alarmism?" You seem wildly irrational and in denial, citing "beliefs" instead of facts.
None of the studies cited shows the effect of man made greenhouse gas on atmospheric temperature. That's how you can know climate change mitigation is a hoax.

tha Professor wrote:
Why are you citing this evidence to me, when it contradicts YOUR claims?
You asked me to cite my claim: "There are several experiments demonstrating the greenhouse effect, they tend to show a far lower CO2 forcing than the IPCC's most conservative estimates." The experiments I cited in my previous post prove the greenhouse effect is weak and our greenhouse gas contributions are insignificant.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8097 Mar 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, no experimental evidence shows our greenhouse gas emissions are able to change climate temperature. As each greenhouse gas molecule is added to the atmosphere, it has less warming effect than the previous molecule.
<quoted text>Again, no experimental test proves tha Professor's claim above.
<quoted text>None of the studies cited shows the effect of man made greenhouse gas on atmospheric temperature. That's how you can know climate change mitigation is a hoax.
<quoted text>You asked me to cite my claim: "There are several experiments demonstrating the greenhouse effect, they tend to show a far lower CO2 forcing than the IPCC's most conservative estimates." The experiments I cited in my previous post prove the greenhouse effect is weak and our greenhouse gas contributions are insignificant.
Listen. Submit your nonsense to publication to compete with the scientists.

Leave us alone.

P.S. You have spammed the world about 40,000 times with your nonsense. Go compete with science in proper arena.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8098 Mar 15, 2013
To Topix Editors:

I for one will be very upset if you reward the above poster's 40,000 spam posts.

Sincerely,

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

#8099 Mar 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Listen. Submit your nonsense to publication to compete with the scientists.
I'm flattered you would suggest my claim,'the lack of experimental tests prove climate change mitigation is a hoax' is worthy of submission for publication. Thank you very much.

SpaceBlues wrote:
Leave us alone.
Cyberbullies always tell you what to do and where to go. They can't compete with rational argument, so the demand compliance.

SpaceBlues wrote:
P.S. You have spammed the world about 40,000 times with your nonsense. Go compete with science in proper arena.
While I agree, Topix posters aren't always competent to judge scientific theories; I believe they can learn. It might take more posts but I'm going to continue to discuss the experimental history of climate change mitigation:

Zip, zero, nada...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8100 Mar 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I'm flattered you would suggest my claim,'the lack of experimental tests prove climate change mitigation is a hoax' is worthy of submission for publication. Thank you very much.
<quoted text>Cyberbullies always tell you what to do and where to go. They can't compete with rational argument, so the demand compliance.
<quoted text>While I agree, Topix posters aren't always competent to judge scientific theories; I believe they can learn. It might take more posts but I'm going to continue to discuss the experimental history of climate change mitigation:
Zip, zero, nada...
No need to flatter yourself for your nonsense.
Level 1

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#8101 Mar 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
While I agree, Topix posters aren't always competent to judge scientific theories; I believe they can learn.
You're right, they aren't; you're wrong, they can't: you're proof of that.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8102 Mar 15, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text> to another poster:
Actually, a lot of deniers are no longer posting as you know.

He's just the one who hasn't dropped out after all these years. It must be the $$$$$, no?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

#8103 Mar 15, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Then cite the most compelling experiment for climate change mitigation you've found.

I'll wait.
PHD

Overton, TX

#8104 Mar 16, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Listen. Submit your nonsense to publication to compete with the scientists.
Leave us alone.
Why don't you submit your peer reviewed published work to all? So submit your scientific science fiction nonsense to Hollywood and make another scientific science fiction movie. You have spammed to world more than 400,000 times with your nonsense. Go compete with the proper scientific science fiction movie arena.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8105 Mar 16, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, that. I was just looking at graphs of the data-annual and 8 year trends- and they show a warming trend.
http://www.realclimate.org/images/weather_vs_...
I expect you'll say it's realclimate so they must've just made it up. Hey ho.
http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives...
Indeed.

<back to the future>
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8106 Mar 16, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you're going to believe anything we post- the simple solution is to wait. Science says the current cooling trend is a blip, and the long-term warming trend will take hold again after a few years. You say global warming has finished.
If after five years, there's no more global warming and you get to know you were right. If in any year before then the previous record is broken, you get to know you were wrong.
Please remember this little post in five years time! I'll try to.
Hopefully the decision makers will make their decisions on the scientific evidence available at the moment.
Look what I found!
PHD

Overton, TX

#8107 Mar 17, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed.
<back to the future>
So submit your scientific science fiction nonsense to Hollywood and make another scientific science fiction movie. You have spammed to world more than 900,000times with your nonsense. Go compete with the proper scientific science fiction movie arena.
cricket

Winter Park, FL

#8108 Mar 17, 2013
Leaked IPCC report bad news for climate alarmists

'Global warming should no longer be the main determinant of anyone's economic or energy policy'

The Great Green Con no. 1: The hard proof that finally shows global warming forecasts that are costing you billions were WRONG all along

No, the world ISN'T getting warmer (as you may have noticed). Now we reveal the official data that's making scientists suddenly change their minds about climate doom.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22945...
So, all of you ardent mmcc/cc believing dunces, off to the corner!
And don't forget to put your pointy hat on.
PHD

Overton, TX

#8109 Mar 17, 2013
Yes it is getting warmer the scientific science fiction told us so. Stay tuned the spacedoutblues will be going to Hollywood to cast another scientific science fiction movie. The "pinheadlitesout will be its leading actor.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8110 Mar 17, 2013
Oh look a denierfest above. They don't like the military priority for AGW but enjoy the Daily Mail rubbish.

As Gair Game puts it today .. If people with science degrees and PhDs tell you you're making naive and foolish mistakes, misrepresenting what the science says or deliberately distorting it, it must be because they have no rational arguments.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8111 Mar 17, 2013
Correction: Fair Game.
Julio

United States

#8112 Mar 17, 2013
I do recalect in wv every coal miner had a snow mobile.Till 1980.Every one had one, there were no 4 wheelers.They road em to work or got tuned in and raised hell.lIKE NOW.lAST TIME I saw a snow mobile it was in a garage and hasn't ben started in yrs.The caps r melting.The planet is drying up.If you look @ the great lakes you can see that used to one big pool untill they receeded into their deapest parts. a nd that is not done.Lv ya
PHD

Overton, TX

#8113 Mar 18, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Oh look a denierfest above. They don't like the military priority for AGW but enjoy the Daily Mail rubbish.
As Gair Game puts it today .. If people with science degrees and PhDs tell you you're making naive and foolish mistakes, misrepresenting what the science says or deliberately distorting it, it must be because they have no rational arguments.
Yes it is getting warmer the scientific science fiction told us so. Stay tuned the spacedoutblues will be going to Hollywood to cast another scientific science fiction movie. The "pinheadlitesout will be its leading actor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,176
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr johnplustwomore 1,153,489
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr Vic 96,622
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 4 hr MonaLittleMore 490,156
Jodi Arias: Does the state have the goods to co... (Mar '13) 4 hr Riverside 26,175
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 6 hr Careless Crecca 69
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 10 hr Murph 70,596
Orlando Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Orlando News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Orlando

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News