Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.
Comments
7,721 - 7,740 of 7,942 Comments Last updated Aug 14, 2013

Since: Mar 09

Port Isabel, TX

#8074 Mar 13, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Experiments are not always things done in laboratories with test tubes by men wearing white coats, glasses, and pocket-protectors.
Your teachers should have told you this at some level, Brian. Did you ever graduate high school?
We have been over this many times but Big Goof percepts in repeating his fallacies over and over hoping that somehow they will become valid. Total waste of time to try to discuss anything with him. Either someone pays him to repeat his drivel or he is simply a troll. Either way there is nothing to gain by trying to correct his errors.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8075 Mar 13, 2013
Why is it then the deniers like him? Because he's their boss.

Remember how tina adores him.
litesong

Everett, WA

#8076 Mar 13, 2013
Fair Game wrote:
Halfwit.
Too much credit...... by Half. Plus, you misspelled. Its supposed to be,'w-i-t-l-e-s-s'.
litesong

Everett, WA

#8077 Mar 13, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
....... Brian. Did you ever graduate high school?
'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' never had upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa...... & no science or mathematics beyond that.'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' has had errors of 3000 TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 1 million TIMES, & 72 million TIMES.

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

#8078 Mar 14, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Like the accuracy of a theory; experiments are the sine qua non of good science.

>>Just saying the same thing again doesn't make it true.

<quoted text>If you weren't voting for politicians who promised to mitigage climate change, this thread would be irrelevant. Climate change mitigation is the central issue.

>>No, climate change is the central issue. As I've said repeatedly, you deliberately confuse the issue in order to further your Denier agenda.

<quoted text>^^^tha Professor seems to be as skeptical of climate change mitigation as I am, see how he call it 'hugely difficult'? Toasters use physics to toast bread, they have been experimentally improved over time. There's no such technology for mitigating cliamte change.

>>Performing an experiment taking in the entire world is "hugely difficult," as I'm sure even you would admit. Which is why you choose such an 'experiment," so that you can mock climate change, climate science, and efforts to mitigate global warming. Very dishonest of you.

<quoted text>There are several experiments demonstrating the greenhouse effect, they tend to show a far lower CO2 forcing than the IPCC's most conservative estimates. If you've found a compelling experiment for the greenhouse gas effect, that makes you believe in mitigating climate change, please cite.

>>Link to support your claim?

<quoted text>Experiments are also done outdoors, but there are no experimental tests for climate change mitigation.

>>Again, more repetion doesn't make for factual claims.

#8079 Mar 14, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' never had upper class science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, algebra or pre-calc for its poorly earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa...... & no science or mathematics beyond that.'brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver' has had errors of 3000 TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 1 million TIMES, & 72 million TIMES.
He IS good at repetition, as was pointed out above...:)
PHD

Overton, TX

#8080 Mar 14, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Yo, spacedoutblues would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8081 Mar 14, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
...>>No, climate change is the central issue. As I've said repeatedly, you deliberately confuse the issue in order to further your Denier agenda.
If you weren't advocating climate change mitigation, we wouldn't have any disagreement. Climate always changes, climate change mitigation hasn't even been tested.

tha Professor wrote:
>>Performing an experiment taking in the entire world is "hugely difficult," as I'm sure even you would admit. Which is why you choose such an 'experiment," so that you can mock climate change, climate science, and efforts to mitigate global warming. Very dishonest of you.
No, I don't believe climate change mitigation by restricting CO2 emissions or sequestering greenhouse gas isn't "hugely difficult"; I believe its impossible. There are no published experimental tests that show its even remotely possible.

I'm not mocking purely observational climate science; I'm mocking climate change mitigation and man made climate catastrophe alarmism.

tha Professor wrote:
>>Link to support your claim?...
The first link is from Fair Game:
http://www.picotech.com/experiments/global/gl...

GHere's two more:
http://www.espere.net/Unitedkingdom/water/uk_...

http://www.beloit.edu/sepm/Geology_and_the_en...

This page has been taken down:
http://dcdc.asu.edu/K-12Education/greenhousel...
litesong

Everett, WA

#8082 Mar 14, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Either way there is nothing to gain by trying to correct his errors.
But I love to type that "brian_g stumble butt dumpster diver" made math errors of 1 million TIMES, 1000 TIMES, 3000 TIMES, & 73 million TIMES.
dr spark

AOL

#8083 Mar 14, 2013
global warming ,.....
the latest soup of the day
--10 years from now ,....
it will be something else
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8084 Mar 14, 2013
dr spark wrote:
global warming ,.....
Because you will be in the soup!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#8085 Mar 14, 2013
dr spark wrote:
global warming ,.....
Something else like:
Loss of farmland to aridity? Salt water intrusion? Altered or intensified weather patterns? Time will tell.
dr spark

AOL

#8086 Mar 14, 2013
it was all about " global cooling " 25 years ago ,

what will it be in 2024 ?

anybody's guess,...
a nuclear Iran will probably cause massive fallout and millions will be dead ,...
who will get hit first ? America or Israel
the global warming myth keeps the sheep-ple dumb and pre occupied -
PHD

Overton, TX

#8087 Mar 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
Yo, spacedoutblues would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??
PHD

Overton, TX

#8088 Mar 15, 2013
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
More diarrheas from the “pinheadlitesout”

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#8089 Mar 15, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Yo, spacedoutblues would that be the same NASA that made the USA space hitchhikers??
Congress did that. Are you a Paul Broun supporter now, PHD? Brain_D is.

#8090 Mar 15, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
If you weren't advocating climate change mitigation, we wouldn't have any disagreement. Climate always changes, climate change mitigation hasn't even been tested.

>>Humans are changing the climate through the greenhouse effect, and reducing greenhouse gases would mitigate that effect. A child could understand at least that simple fact, and yet you continue to obfuscate, evade, and try to change the subject. Why?

<quoted text>No, I don't believe climate change mitigation by restricting CO2 emissions or sequestering greenhouse gas isn't "hugely difficult"; I believe its impossible. There are no published experimental tests that show its even remotely possible.
I'm not mocking purely observational climate science; I'm mocking climate change mitigation and man made climate catastrophe alarmism.

>>Changing the subject again? I told you that performing experiments on a world-wide scale was "hugely difficult." Please don't try to pretend I said something else and argue against that, instead - that technique is called using a strawman argument. And you've already had many, many experiments cited for you showing how greenhouse gases affect atmospheric warming, so why pretend that warming is 'alarmism?" You seem wildly irrational and in denial, citing "beliefs" instead of facts.

<quoted text>The first link is from Fair Game:
http://www.picotech.com/experiments/global/gl...
GHere's two more:
http://www.espere.net/Unitedkingdom/water/uk_...
http://www.beloit.edu/sepm/Geology_and_the_en...
This page has been taken down:
http://dcdc.asu.edu/K-12Education/greenhousel...

Why are you citing this evidence to me, when it contradicts YOUR claims?

#8091 Mar 15, 2013
dr spark wrote:
anybody's guess,...
a nuclear Iran will probably cause massive fallout and millions will be dead ,...
It hasn't been about "global cooling" any time recently, that is a bit of Denier misinformation.

Unless, as you suggest, there were an all-out nuclear exchange which brought on the 'nuclear winter' effect. But then, your implication that Iran would attack either the U.S. or Israel is specious if not absurd.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#8092 Mar 15, 2013
dr spark wrote:
anybody's guess,...
No, it was not. The rest of your post is also false.

Did you know:

Bullies’ accomplices suffer similar levels of distress as victims, finds study

Read more: http://www.canada.com/life/Bullies+accomplice...
litesong

Everett, WA

#8093 Mar 15, 2013
dr spark wrote:
it was all about " global cooling " 25 years ago .....
Instead of reading Time & Newsweek on the sly at a local magazine rack, you should have enrolled at University & read Science Journals at Earth science, geology, astronomy, & mathematics libraries at the colleges.

Of course, you are wrong. In the 70's, 44 Science Papers were published in Science Journals about global warming, whereas only 7 papers were written about global cooling. Science, itself, was already predicting the problems of AGW.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min THE DEVIL 1,099,779
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 26 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 17,619
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 38 min EXECUTE KID KILLE... 486,525
2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 2 hr Dude 2,957
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 46,292
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 4 hr Princess Hey 9,044
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 17,047
•••
•••
•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Orlando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE