Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Comments (Page 380)

Showing posts 7,581 - 7,600 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>I remember you, a lawyer.
Did you hear Mississippi ratifies 13th amendment abolishing slavery ... 147 years late?
How can this fall between the cracks? Just wondering...
Gov'ts don't conduct business by out-in-the-open-thinking, if the ones that govern can hide their shenanigans.
Oh, wow! That even includes "freedom lovin* legislatures like white man driven gov-ments"!

AFTER the U.S. fought its most terrible war, the Civil War, as a side issue, freed the slaves...... a concept that caused something worse than slavery to exist, occurred behind walls AND EVEN IN FRONT OF THE PUBLIC. Of course, that was black prisoners(railroaded into prison), worked to death in chain gangs. One million(more?) black men were worked to death under the worst conditions, with no hospitalization for injuries suffered, diseases contracted, or just too much work & with starving food allotments.

Presently, blacks are still railroaded into prison for occurrences seldom involving white men(except possibly white people who will not or can't provide themselves proper legal counsel.
//////////

*freedom lovin---- defined as 'freedom for white men'.
litesong

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
New ID for ph'd is IDLESS.
////////
Wallop10 wrote:
or CLUE-LESS
//////////
litesong wrote:
But its most accurate reigning hanger is still,'phud fetid feces face fiend' with helpful & inspired actions by 'phud fetid feces face fiend', itself.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed the citation dear. Was that because your right wing rags weren't written by anyone with climatology expertise.
You have to discover where I found it for yourself. Consider it a chance to expand your horizons which are quite narrow.
Or are you afraid of discovering something new.

Level 1

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
tina makes up facts and then firmly believes them.
Showing her the maths won't change her mind.
Showing her pictures of beaches 2m above sea level that demonstate that empirically there is enough ice won't change her mind.
It's a strange combination of infant mentality and mendacity.
Would showing you pictures of the same beach a century earlier convince you that you were wrong. Showing you both the errors in your math and the correct answer would change your mind how?

Why make up facts when there are plenty I can use that disprove you. In some cases what you are using are not even facts but predictions based on models that had errors, not facts.

For you it isn't about fact but what you want to be true.

Level 1

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote you have NO degrees, so it is a sham you post under the name PHD.
You are a mindless twit. I thought I'd ignore you. I've changed my mind.
How about me, I now have three degrees.

The fact is that you are just as bad if not worse than PHD. The only difference is you are blind to the fact.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Mississippi has officially ratified the 13th amendment to the US constitution, which abolishes slavery and which was officially noted in the constitution on 6 December 1865. All 50 states have now ratified the amendment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/18/m...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to discover where I found it for yourself. Consider it a chance to expand your horizons which are quite narrow.
Or are you afraid of discovering something new.
"Discover" being the key word here, I suspect that Tina gets much of her argument (paraphrased, but nearly verbatim) from the Discovery Institute.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
How about me, I now have three degrees.
The fact is that you are just as bad if not worse than PHD. The only difference is you are blind to the fact.
And yet she cannot understand the simple mechanics of fluid displacement. Does the phrase "educated idiot" come to mind?

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Discover" being the key word here, I suspect that Tina gets much of her argument (paraphrased, but nearly verbatim) from the Discovery Institute.
Tina quotes from Rush Limbaugh a lot. No joke,
That about sums it up.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now must experimentally verify the effect of man made greenhouse gas on climate.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now must experimentally verify the effect of man made greenhouse gas on climate.
LOL.

Who are you to make demands? Nobody can do that.

Science progresses without you. bwaaaaahahaha

Since 2008? Wow, you must be joking.

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
That's what the climate models do. The climatologists use physics equations and actual input data for

(1) well mixed global warming gases (including Co2)
(2) solar variation
(3) aerosols (stratospheric and tropospheric)
(4) land use
(5) snow albedo
(6) black carbon

When all the forcings are combined in Figure 6, the net forcing shows good correlation to global temperature. There is still internal variability superimposed on the temperature record due to short term cycles like ENSO. The main discrepancy is a decade centered around 1940.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-temperatu...

compare their results with actual

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
That's what the climate models do. The climatologists use physics equations and actual input data for
(1) well mixed global warming gases (including Co2)
(2) solar variation
(3) aerosols (stratospheric and tropospheric)
(4) land use
(5) snow albedo
(6) black carbon
When all the forcings are combined in Figure 6, the net forcing shows good correlation to global temperature. There is still internal variability superimposed on the temperature record due to short term cycles like ENSO. The main discrepancy is a decade centered around 1940.
http://www.skepticalscience.com/co2-temperatu...
compare their results with actual
No, climate models aren't experiments. Climate models are virtual, experiments are real.

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, climate models aren't experiments. Climate models are virtual, experiments are real.
No, because the climate models are based on experiments.

THEN they are compared to REAL results (including satellite and weather station data).

Most of the whacky skeptics just play games with statistical data... and claim there are mysterious forces we can never understand, but we can pretend to see trends that should retreat.

No joke,
mc

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Individuals can have a great effect on energy consumption by using smart products in their homes. Check out greenenergyefficientproducts.com for great ideas that will conserve energy AND save you money!

“Drink up! Summer's comin'”

Level 1

Since: Jul 10

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

I'm glad that I survived the "mini-ice age" that scientists predicted in the early 70s to occur around 2000!

Level 1

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet she cannot understand the simple mechanics of fluid displacement. Does the phrase "educated idiot" come to mind?
With you the correct term would be an "uneducated idiot".

As for the subject of fluid displacement, that is your opinion and not backed by anything more than the opinion of you and a few others who do not want to face the facts and are ignoring the proof all along the shore line.

Level 1

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to check out the Discovery Insitute. They may be stealing quotes from me.

Level 1

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tina quotes from Rush Limbaugh a lot. No joke,
That about sums it up.
Care to show something I quoted from Rush Limbaugh? I bet you cannot come up with even one actual quote.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
With you the correct term would be an "uneducated idiot".
As for the subject of fluid displacement, that is your opinion and not backed by anything more than the opinion of you and a few others who do not want to face the facts and are ignoring the proof all along the shore line.
I don't dote on degrees to validate the legitimacy and/or accuracy of my (or your) posts. Are you not the one who poo-poos the consensus of thousands whose degrees are far more advanced and relevant than your own?

Regarding fluid displacement? Not opinion. The proof is in your posts, my dear. You could be the world's greatest at drawing a bucket of water and an ice cube in a CAD program, but face it - you're lousy at drawing practical and accurate conclusions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,581 - 7,600 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Orlando Forum right now

Search the Orlando Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,077,868
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 3 min AN other 483,613
Man Accused of Molesting Women in Wave Pool 17 min AllTrue 2
Has Anybody Seen Or Heard From o2bndisney ? 32 min Forrent 6
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 1 hr Putnam County Voter 2,381
Virgin's new Belfast-to-Orlando flights boost C... 1 hr AllTrue 1
OCSD Deputies Abused My Wife And I . Today I Ha... 2 hr AllTrue 3
•••
•••
•••
Orlando Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Orlando Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000