Scientists say they have proved clima...

Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

There are 7942 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

SpaceBlues

United States

#7657 Jan 15, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Your argument, prove it.
Take your own advice.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7658 Jan 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Take your own advice.
Don't have to until you prove it. You posted a copy and paste response and I asked you to show your own work and to date you have not. You never answered the question what is "ony"?
SpaceBlues

United States

#7659 Jan 15, 2013
No. I asked you first, last week, why you posted 2H, 3H, 4He,[etc.] about the Sun.

That was another failed copy/paste of yours.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7660 Jan 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
No. I asked you first, last week, why you posted 2H, 3H, 4He,[etc.] about the Sun.
That was another failed copy/paste of yours.
Short term memory loss you have. You posted a response to a topic and I asked you to prove it with your own work. To date you only have baseless cut and paste answers.
SpaceBlues

United States

#7661 Jan 15, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Short term memory loss you have. You posted a response to a topic and I asked you to prove it with your own work. To date you only have baseless cut and paste answers.
You have no memory.

Long term: you posted 2H, 3H, 4He about our sun.

Short term: you wrote "Did they measured."

I also told you just a while ago that you can't tell whether someone is quoting themselves or not.

Quit Topix and enjoy your ward's signs.
Edward Kelly

North Adelaide, Australia

#7662 Jan 15, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Short term memory loss you have. You posted a response to a topic and I asked you to prove it with your own work. To date you only have baseless cut and paste answers.
Firstly: It is quite acceptable to use copy and paste responses providing that you include the source - this is simply known as referencing and any researcher uses it. The reference generally will indicate the substance of the source.

Secondly: NOBODY has to do what you ask. I have encountered demanding morons such as yourself, who generally resort to this line of behaviour when their own competence is exposed.

You expouse yourself as PHD - unlikely.. more likely you are a nutter who dreams they had one.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7663 Jan 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You have no memory.
Long term: you posted 2H, 3H, 4He about our sun.
Short term: you wrote "Did they measured."
I also told you just a while ago that you can't tell whether someone is quoting themselves or not.
Quit Topix and enjoy your ward's signs.
Well peanut brain this is the GREAT COUNTRY OF THE USA. It’s a free Country. Sorry you live in that third world country under dictatorship. If you were quoting yourself you show your publications of your own work and to date it's only cut and paste useless babble. Get help maybe you can move to this GREAT COUNTRY CALLED USA and continue to post on Topix.
SpaceBlues

United States

#7664 Jan 15, 2013
LOL.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7665 Jan 15, 2013
Edward Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly: It is quite acceptable to use copy and paste responses providing that you include the source - this is simply known as referencing and any researcher uses it. The reference generally will indicate the substance of the source.
Secondly: NOBODY has to do what you ask. I have encountered demanding morons such as yourself, who generally resort to this line of behaviour when their own competence is exposed.
You expouse yourself as PHD - unlikely.. more likely you are a nutter who dreams they had one.
Firstly: It is quite acceptable to use copy and paste when you can't show your own work. This simply shows as you don’t really really know. The reference generally not likely indicates the truth.
Secondly: NOBODY has to do what you ask also. I have encountered demanding LESS-ONS such as your--self who generally can't show their own work to answer the question. Not more likely but positively you are a nut who dreams of wishing they could answer the question by their own work but like the rest you simply can't.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7666 Jan 15, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
LOL.
You sure need it.So waht is "ony" you never answered the question.
SpaceBlues

United States

#7667 Jan 15, 2013
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>You sure need it.So waht is "ony" you never answered the question.
LOL. It's a free country but YOU need "waht" more than ony.

Enjoy your ward's signs. Don't bump their posts.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#7668 Jan 15, 2013
Edward Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7669 Jan 16, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. It's a free country but YOU need "waht" more than ony.
Enjoy your ward's signs. Don't bump their posts.
So you can't answer the question. It's a free GREAT COUNTRY CALLED THE USA. You can't even get that right. So what is "ony" you never answered the question.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7670 Jan 16, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree completely
Most people with that cut and useless babble would agree. Now your complete.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#7671 Jan 16, 2013
We have to save the polar bears! Doesn't anyone care about the POLAR BEARS!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#7672 Jan 16, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Actually, the only part of your statements I disagree with is the use of the word 'hoax'. If man-made emissions contribute to global warming, it follows that a cessation of those emissions would not contribute to global warming.
That's a big if; what if man made greenhouse gas emissions are insignificant? What about if climate measurements are more influenced by other factors like the urban heat island effect?

Why not test the theory with experiments before we go all in?

ChromiuMan wrote:
Stopping the use of fossil fuels while simultaneously reducing atmospheric CO2 and finding a means of making the Earth more reflective would mitigate climate change.
Or, it could cause disaster. If man made greenhouse gases cause warming, then we are already mitigating climate change against global cooling; the well known catastrophic ice age climate scenario. If an animal stops emitting carbon dioxide it dies.

ChromiuMan wrote:
That in itself refutes the term 'hoax', even if those activities are purely speculative fantasy.
So, hair growth tonic, the fountain of youth, turning lead into gold and psychic ability might be speculative but are they hoaxes? If somebody's making money off them the answer is yes.

ChromiuMan wrote:
However, is it practical or feasible for man to reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere? Is it even possible?
Plants do a reasonable job; I'm satisfied.

ChromiuMan wrote:
I'm unaware of any quick and easy means of carbon capture and storage that could possibly make a dent in offsetting the amounts we produce, much less significantly reduce the amount of CO2 already present in the atmosphere, so I understand your point - I just disagree with your phrasing.
Now we're getting somewhere.

First, do the experiments and refine the theory; then advocate for world wide climate change mitigation. I'm just saying, let's be reasonable.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Level 1

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#7673 Jan 16, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no idea what points of Brian_G's post I might take exception to or why, would you please take your prissy little presumptions and bugger off? Thank you, very much. Have a nice day, now! ;-)
It would not be hard to figure out what points in BrianG's posts you would take exception to. Any point where he told you that you were wrong. What makes you think you would be such a hard man to figure out.

As for the rest, I always say that the sign of someone has lost an agument is when they have to resort to insults.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7675 Jan 16, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
It would not be hard to figure out what points in BrianG's posts you would take exception to. Any point where he told you that you were wrong. What makes you think you would be such a hard man to figure out.
As for the rest, I always say that the sign of someone has lost an agument is when they have to resort to insults.
Again the spanking goes on good job.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

#7676 Jan 16, 2013
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>

You realize you just described basically 99% of PHD's posts.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7677 Jan 16, 2013
Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize you just described basically 99% of PHD's posts.
And 100% of yours. See you are a cut above the rest when it comes to useless babble tainted with hate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Orlando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nos TROLL is Waxman 1,396,262
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min Into The Night 60,166
News News 28 Mins Ago 'Not the America we want': Oba... 9 min barefoot2626 380
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 1 hr serfs up 988
News Almost one year since gay marriage ruling, LGBT... 1 hr Rose_NoHo 44
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 3 hr Princess Hey 19,027
News Location set for pride sidewalk 4 hr rain 1

Orlando Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Orlando Mortgages